(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 378.
#13451 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

At $12,500 a pop I don't think cash flow is the problem. $2.5 million for 200 more of a special edition that will sell out pretty much immediately? Yeah I think the money speaks for itself. It took a while for the pin to catch on but I think it finally has. The pirates demand is guaranteed business. GnR they have to earn and sell for a lot less. I think most of us agree its coming, just when. If I were Jack, I'd be pushing them out before going full production on GnR.

Crazy prices, crazy demand...they’d be crazy not to renew the license and make 1000 more.

#13452 4 years ago

you know Jack will push the envelope on price like he always has, new edition 14000 if they are ever able to make them again....of course I only say this cause I have one for sale.

#13453 4 years ago

My left sling shot is hitting the playfield nut only just, should I nove it back a tad?

20191229_112418 (resized).jpg20191229_112418 (resized).jpg
#13454 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I swear i read a different story every day on this topic lol. They making more? “never, license would be too much $$$!”..., two days later They making more...? “Yes demand has driven them to make more!”

The game isn't coming back, demand or no demand. I heard this all personally from within the company, and I'm sure I'm not the only one: The build of materials was too expensive, the guys on the line hated building it, the quality control issues were nightmarish.

My hypothetical reason to add: the backlash from the original buyers after a "fixed" run hit the market could be a litigation suicide. No doubt legal would have to sign off on this, and they won't.

Not that subsequent remedial measures make them more accountable (they don't) but they could definitely galvanize the existing base to press the playfield QC issue further than they have to date.

Plus, what if run 2.0 had its own share of problems? And it probably would. Best laid plans go awry. Especially when you '"sould have known better." PoTC was a maelstrom, they already steered around it to blue skies and friendlier waters, and not without taking bad hits all around the ship. They'd be crazy to go back for round two.

Net-net- to JJP, its not worth temping trouble. It's not like a couple weeks of stripped WoZ coming back for families that don't know pinball. For them PoTC was the nightmare of nightmares. It's not coming back. If they tempt fate at this point after all that's happened before they really could go down. And they know it.

It's not happening, folks. I guess nothing will ever kill the rumor mill but, for all the above reasons, which is more than enough, it's done.

#13455 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

My left sling shot is hitting the playfield nut only just, should I nove it back a tad?[quoted image]

I would certainly check to see if you had wiggle room to adjust it backwards. It might have even come slightly loose?

#13456 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I would say it's the transistor as I just had this same issue happen to mine. It was the hold transistor for the coil and was shorted out. Bought new transistor from Great Plains Electronics. I bought 10 as they are very reasonably priced and you never know when you might need another one.

Q407 is the BP Left Flipper hold, was that the same one that shorted on yours? Anyone in the Boone, NC area that can make a house call to replace a transistor? If not, any recommendations on who to send the board to?

LTG is this something that would be covered by JJP under warranty? I'm the first and only owner and less than a year since purchase.

#13457 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The game isn't coming back, demand or no demand. I heard this all personally from within the company, and I'm sure I'm not the only one: The build of materials was too expensive, the guys on the line hated building it, the quality control issues were nightmarish.
My hypothetical reason to add: the backlash from the original buyers after a "fixed" run hit the market could be a litigation suicide. No doubt legal would have to sign off on this, and they won't.
Not that subsequent remedial measures make them more accountable (they don't) but they could definitely galvanize the existing base to press the playfield QC issue further than they have to date.
Plus, what if run 2.0 had its own share of problems? And it probably would. Best laid plans go awry. Especially when you '"sould have known better." PoTC was a maelstrom, they already steered around it to blue skies and friendlier waters, and not without taking bad hits all around the ship. They'd be crazy to go back for round two.
Net-net- to JJP, its not worth temping trouble. It's not like a couple weeks of stripped WoZ coming back for families that don't know pinball. For them PoTC was the nightmare of nightmares. It's not coming back. If they tempt fate at this point after all that's happened before they really could go down. And they know it.
It's not happening, folks. I guess nothing will ever kill the rumor mill but, for all the above reasons, which is more than enough, it's done.

You may be right here. Jack early in the year thought probably, between runs, then later in the year he said no. As someone who sold off a Standard and an LE, I hope you are wrong... My bet was no big deal, they will be back. That appears to be wrong now. But there is a lot of cash still left on the table with this machine. After all, who would have thought TBL would be slowly cranking out, MM, AFM, and MB remade, or anything really that is going on now in the pinball world.

#13458 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Q407 is the BP Left Flipper hold, was that the same one that shorted on yours? Anyone in the Boone, NC area that can make a house call to replace a transistor? If not, any recommendations on who to send the board to?
LTG is this something that would be covered by JJP under warranty? I'm the first and only owner and less than a year since purchase.

Um no. Call jjp and make them send you new board, coil and anything else needed for repair

#13459 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

It was the right flipper on mine, but the same issue. I called Lloyd and confirmed that was correct. I know its scary to do this repair the first time and you should have soldering skills and a good soldering station before trying, but it is a simple repair overall. Make sure to take pictures of the board and mark the plugs before removing the board. I watched many videos on repairs and This Old Pinball tapes that really helped me out when I started in the hobby. If you are uncomfortable doing the repairs check with other local pinball collectors and they should be able to help. Good luck.

#13460 4 years ago

Not that subsequent remedial measures make them more accountable (they don't) but they could definitely galvanize the existing base to press the playfield QC issue further than they have to date

Jack already knows what he can get away with (see Ruby Red WOZ ) and he is not big on leaving money on the table.
My guess is a “Black Pearl” special edition, I could be wrong but I bet it happens someday.

#13461 4 years ago

SuperMas77 This may be a random thought... make sure the rubber on that flipper is not too low... I have noticed those fipper bats are very close to the ball guide and can bind/hold them open Just a thought

#13462 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Jack already knows what he can get away with (see Ruby Red WOZ ) and he is not big on leaving money on the table.
My guess is a “Black Pearl” special edition, I could be wrong but I bet it happens someday.

Don't miss the point. It's not just Jack anymore. With the black-eye history of this product, If I were the JJP lawyer I'd counsel their board from making it again- at any price. Why go back into the lion's den when the company is doing just fine with Wonka and other future product? And I'm sure he has a good lawyer on retainer who probably already counseled the same. Of course never say never- but it's never coming back. It's done.

#13463 4 years ago

Don't miss the point. And it's not just Jack anymore With the black eye history of this product, If I were the JJP lawyer I'd counsel their board from making it again- at any price. Why go back into the lion's den when the company is doing just fine with Wonka and other future product? And I'm sure he has a good lawyer on retainer who probably already counseled the same.

I have to laugh with everyone saying money being left on the table.The game likely had a razor thin margin to begin with and now with all the replacements pf’s that they will be eating and should be shipping in next couple weeks of new year I don’t see how they can run more and potentially open up another can or worms. They wouldn’t budge on populated pf’s and this would piss many off.

They are also running out of time on the license as well and doubt they will pay more to extend assuming Disney would even allow it since all of the Johnny Depp BS popped up in the last year.

#13464 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have to laugh with everyone saying money being left on the table.The game likely had a razor thin margin to begin with and now with all the replacements pf’s that they will be eating and should be shipping in next couple weeks of new year I don’t see how they can run more and potentially open up another can or worms. They wouldn’t budge on populated pf’s and this would piss many off.
They are also running out of time on the license as well and doubt they will pay more to extend assuming Disney would even allow it since all of the Johnny Depp BS popped up in the last year.

Replacement playfields are on Mirco, not JJP, from what I was told. I haven't owned WOZ, but that seems pretty complicated as well and apparently makes money. Anyhow, it isn't happening currently.

#13465 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Replacement playfields are on Mirco, not JJP, from what I was told. I haven't owned WOZ, but that seems pretty complicated as well and apparently makes money. Anyhow, it isn't happening currently.

Hypothetical JJP lawyer response: wait, I hadn't thought about it this way! Let's turn back on the assembly lines, boys! Let's forget that we sell the games and blame the Mia culpa on Mirco. The previous owners won't care so long as we send them playfields and we should live in the past too

Believe me, brother. They want this dead dog to stay dead. For reals.

#13466 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

supermas77 This may be a random thought... make sure the rubber on that flipper is not too low... I have noticed those fipper bats are very close to the ball guide and can bind/hold them open Just a thought

Rubber getting caught would not cause the coil to remain active and burn up. A bad eos switch would though.

#13467 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

A bad eos switch would though.

Machine would ignore an EOS stuck closed or not closing.

LTG : )

#13468 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This isn’t what I had heard but what do I know.

#13469 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This isn’t what I had heard but what do I know.

Jack didn't say that explicitly, but it was implied in a conversation that Mirco needs to take care of things. I'm guessing his German vacation had something to do with that. The extra playfields are still pending for most people back here, perhaps to allow them to cure better. Mirco is apparently using some extra UV as part of that process. I've been in the hobby 20 years, and there is so much happening now it blows the mind.
Never say never...but don't count on anything.

#13470 4 years ago

I just never understand the clamor of where people see demand to bring this game back. How many committed sales could exist, and with those sales, how much profit would occur, and yes....now with having more backlash from prior owners with possibly lesser than games.

All of this talk of demand, and I highly doubt 100 would be paid for in full, for some sort of cue. The demand comes from like 20 pinsiders constantly raking coals for this game to be resurrected.

Aren't there still Dialed-In's a plenty to be found NIB? As of a year ago, same for the Hobbit. JJP needs to sell existing games, while pushing forward on new ones, not rally some tiny profit from the demand of a few fervent diehards.

That, and I'd imagine parts of at least 200 would need to be placed on order. These were custom games, not what Scott Danesi was just mentioning on Slapsave, with off the shelf parts.

#13471 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

My action button sticks all the time - I’ve tried loosening the mount, tightening it, rotating it. Nothing seems to keep it working smoothly. Is this common or should I just make a warranty request for a new one.

I had the same issue... for me, it was the glass pushing on the action button housing. The stock pads on the lock down bar had compressed, allowing weight on the button. I replaced the pad with a stiffer felt pad (like for a chair leg). That solved it. No problem since.

#13472 4 years ago
Quoted from Quint_of_Dust:

I had the same issue... for me, it was the glass pushing on the action button housing. The stock pads on the lock down bar had compressed, allowing weight on the button. I replaced the pad with a stiffer felt pad (like for a chair leg). That solved it. No problem since.

JJP sent me a new one.

#13473 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I just never understand the clamor of where people see demand to bring this game back. How many committed sales could exist, and with those sales, how much profit would occur, and yes....now with having more backlash from prior owners with possibly lesser than games.
All of this talk of demand, and I highly doubt 100 would be paid for in full, for some sort of cue. The demand comes from like 20 pinsiders constantly raking coals for this game to be resurrected.
Aren't there still Dialed-In's a plenty to be found NIB? As of a year ago, same for the Hobbit. JJP needs to sell existing games, while pushing forward on new ones, not rally some tiny profit from the demand of a few fervent diehards.
That, and I'd imagine parts of at least 200 would need to be placed on order. These were custom games, not what Scott Danesi was just mentioning on Slapsave, with off the shelf parts.

I am fairly confident this game will not see a production again but it is More then obvious IF there was an option or run this would sell. Any title (like this one) with want adds 20-1 over for sale adds HAS a market interest. Any title selling a year past production for a Profit HAS a market interest. Any left in the world are being shipped and sold at Crazy markup because there Is an obvious interest. Not a JJP fanboy but let’s be honest this would more then likely be the Last game most of us would part with. Just an opinion.

#13474 4 years ago

If the WoZ 1.x light system didn't end up in court, nothing will. Completely defective design, discarded once that was clear. JJP offered a reasonable upgrade price/path and nothing litigious happened.

Plus what's there to fix? The multi discs are NOT coming back, and what they ended up with is great. Playfield situation is in the process of being handled. The chest should be fixed with the servo version, but since the price of the machine would be many thousands higher if it came back (likely $11,500 LE, no more CEs), new buyers aren't getting something over on original buyers - Jack could offer a chest upgrade kit for cost to those that want it. Everything else on the machine is great and works very well. There's at least another 1000, maybe 2000 waiting to be sold, especially since much more basic Stern LEs are almost to the $10k mark.

I BELIEVE Jack may honestly not want to go there, and think he's done, but that doesn't mean he won't. A lot will depend on the success of GnR and Toy Story because jjPotC re-run is guaranteed money now.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Any left in the world are being shipped and sold at Crazy markup because there Is an obvious interest.

Yep, a 25% appreciation in price on USED machines over NIB retail in just the FIRST year of the machine's existence in is very telling of demand. It's nowhere close to being met, and if Jack put a couple on tour of the pinball shows in 2020 he could easily have orders for 1000 more to start.

#13475 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am fairly confident this game will not see a production again but it is More then obvious IF there was an option or run this would sell. Any title (like this one) with want adds 20-1 over for sale adds HAS a market interest. Any title selling a year past production for a Profit HAS a market interest. Any left in the world are being shipped and sold at Crazy markup because there Is an obvious interest. Not a JJP fanboy but let’s be honest this would more then likely be the Last game most of us would part with. Just an opinion.

I wish I still had mine. If they made more I'd buy one NIB in a heartbeat.

#13476 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm not saying there's not interest, but a market, of desire for 200 or more games? I doubt that. We're all the same people, give or take, in this thread the last year or so, fluffing the game up, over and over again.

Profit margin supposedly so small. Licensing issues from hell. Johnny Depp's career deleted due to wacky partner shit. Massive playfield blowback from customers. Possible pain on the line for workers. Saga of the game being culled back a bit feature wise.

So why on earth would Jack, and investors, want to dip back into that madness? For a small profit on each machine, for a run how large?

Hobbit kept being produced due to parts excess. This isn't the case here. WoZ keeps getting produced because it's a rare modern evergreen title that's highly accessible and well loved, IP wise.

I'd love POTC to get more recognition. Hands down my favorite game from the past two release years. But us adoring this game, Eric, Keith, J.P., David Thiel, and everyone's hard work, won't resurrect this.....

Plus, GnR.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Why'd you sell yours? That was this past summer, if I remember correctly.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep, a 25% appreciation in price on USED machines over NIB retail in just the FIRST year of the machine's existence in is very telling of demand. It's nowhere close to being met, and if Jack put a couple on tour of the pinball shows in 2020 he could easily have orders for 1000 more to start.

I dunno man. This game had a 1000 game run to begin with, and it took hype from this thread, and the month after month rumor for it to sell out, months into summer.

I can't even fathom this selling another 1000 games. It certainly deserves to.

A markup for a few games bought, by overzealous FOMO induced fans, doesn't equate to 1000 immediate sales.

#13477 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not a JJP fanboy but let’s be honest this would more then likely be the Last game most of us would part with. Just an opinion.

TZ has that effect for me, and TBL. POTC I sold, mostly because of the long games, heavy use of multiball, and theme. I really prefer more video content in a themed newer game. Oh, and I was convinced they would make more! I'd like to try it again, though, at some point.

#13478 4 years ago

Disney isn’t marketing Depp right now.

#13479 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought the eos was to swap coil power from high to low. If it’s not closing wouldn’t your flipper be full power all the time causing it to burn up on flipper hold? Pretty sure that’s how my older machine works prolly different with the newer machines. Plz explain

#13480 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Disney isn’t marketing Depp right now.

Didn’t Disney drop Depp all together. I seem to remember hearing that if another potc came out he would not be in it or any Disney movies hence forth.

#13481 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Didn’t Disney drop Depp all together. I seem to remember hearing that if another potc came out he would not be in it or any Disney movies hence forth.

He has been removed from the POTC franchise going forward and disney has scaled back on his merchandising at the parks etc...

Really a shame in my opinion, kind of an important character for this to happen.

#13482 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Pretty sure that’s how my older machine works prolly different with the newer machines. Plz explain

Games like Williams Fliptronics Era, CGC Remakes, JJP games, and others. Compensate for a non working EOS. Unlike older games with the EOS wired to high power and would melt the coil if not opening up. The game figures it out and cuts high power itself.

#13483 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I dunno man. This game had a 1000 game run to begin with, and it took hype from this thread, and the month after month rumor for it to sell out, months into summer.

It was mostly sold out, except for a few stragglers sometime in May. And the biggest problem was that literally most people hadn't even been able to play it, so all they had was internet trolling to go off of.

Right around the time it was sold out is when the awareness was finally picking up as more people were able to physically play it. The slow burn wasn't because it was a bad game, but because people just hadn't been exposed to it.

But maybe you're right. I doubt it, but it's possible. Jack has nothing to lose by putting 2 or 3 on tour to give even more people a chance to play it in person and seeing whose theory is right, and whose theory is dead.

#13484 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right around the time it was sold out is when the awareness was finally picking up as more people were able to physically play it. The slow burn wasn't because it was a bad game, but because people just hadn't been exposed to it.

Exactly this.

#13485 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was mostly sold out, except for a few stragglers sometime in May. And the biggest problem was that literally most people hadn't even been able to play it, so all they had was internet trolling to go off of.
But maybe you're right. I doubt it, but it's possible. Jack has nothing to lose by putting 2 or 3 on tour to give even more people a chance to play it in person and seeing whose theory is right, and whose theory is dead.

Quoted from zaphX:

Exactly this.

I'm at the point where I feel JJP maybe needs to focus more on sustainability and profit, then pipe dreams. Dialed In didn't sell like it deserved to, neither did POTC, and Hobbit took eons to sell remaining stock.

Frank isn't with the company anymore, and hasn't seem to have been replaced.

I'd rather see an upswing, than another nail. POTC is a whole buncha old rotten nails, at this point. Amazing game or not.

#13486 4 years ago

Second run on the drawing board? Make the game as it was originally intended with the incredible duel spinning wheels!! Smart to stop production and then re-introduce the game with the original, Proto features. It took a lot of time and money to create the machine. Shelf it for good? Is that the business model for today? Clear out the old inventory and prepare the production lines!! After all-- He IS the MASTER of FUN!!

#13487 4 years ago

The three rings was a neat idea. We have been over this soo many times... if you played it with three rings you know it didn’t do much. The one ring is much better and more fun. Good decision on JJPs part.

Hopefully they can use the idea in another way in the future.

#13488 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

The true rings was a neat idea. We have been over this soo many times... if you played it with thre rings you know it didn’t do much. The one ring is much better and more fun. Good decision on JJPs part.

For increased eye and emotional excitement of the game!!

#13489 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

The true rings was a neat idea. We have been over this soo many times... if you played it with thre rings you know it didn’t do much. The one ring is much better and more fun. Good decision on JJPs part.

Yup! I remember playing a POTC prototype with the opening chest and 3 spinning disks. The chest never worked correctly and neither did the three disks. The three spinning disks were also very loud and didn't seem to have much effect (if any) effect on the ball. I think the single disk has more impact in regards to movement on the ball, is more reliable, and the 3 disk map reward feature now has a bigger (and more noticeable) being represented on the LCD.

#13490 4 years ago

My JJP POTC is bolted to the floor. If I have to sell my games, that is the last game to go. Love it! Great code that is wide and deep. I don’t miss the three rings or the chest closing. The chest closing didn’t work very good. You could never tell how many balls you locked. If you miss the chest up down, buy the mod and enjoy the fantastic game.

#13491 4 years ago

Not to fuel the fire, but JJP has a main production line and a mini line. That's why JJP has some DI's currently in stock if you want one. They had WOZ RR on that mini line for a while too. I'm guessing that if Wonka sales continue, but drop off, they will put Wonka on the mini line to keep some still in production at a lower rate, and then switch the main line to GNR. My point is that they don't have to stop the main line to make a small run of something else. But … JJPOTC is done, even though it is a great game (my personal favorite). Too many people at JJP "in the know" say that it's done.

#13492 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Your gonna be saying the same thing about that JP premium Honda

#13493 4 years ago

JJP needs to MOVE ON and try and stick to a schedule of making games.

Announce, then ship, announce, then ship etc. “keep the line moving”

I’m still waiting on my Wonka CE. Paid for in April? Can’t even remember now

I won’t be doing that again.

What’s gonna happen next time with GNR or Toy Story? My FOMO train with JJP went off the rails and is burning in the ditch!

#13494 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Games like Williams Fliptronics Era, CGC Remakes, JJP games, and others. Compensate for a non working EOS. Unlike older games with the EOS wired to high power and would melt the coil if not opening up. The game figures it out and cuts high power itself.

Cool Thanks for the explanation . I think my f-14 was one of the last machines before Fliptronics came out. Was fun figuring the wiring out when I shopped it.

#13495 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from GnarLee:

Um no. Call jjp and make them send you new board, coil and anything else needed for repair

I'm out of town and can't access my machine right now and trying to work with JJP to get a replacement I/O board. They're asking me to check my contacts on the flipper button in that there are two stages to the flippers. If the flipper button is pushed in halfway it only activates the bottom flippers, pushed in all the way it activates all flippers. JJP thinks my left flipper contact is stuck closed and causing the hold flipper issue on the black pearl. Has anyone experienced this before?

Could someone please check to see if your left flipper button is pushed in half way does it activate the upper left flipper (one by the bayou)?

Could anyone post a picture of the left flipper button inside the cabinet?

#13496 4 years ago

You flipper Button’s are 2 stage. Half press and only the bottoms will fire. Full press and the top 3 will fire also. Being it is the left one wouldn’t your inner loop flipper have fried also if the contact was stuck?

#13497 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I'm out of town and can't access my machine right now and trying to work with JJP to get a replacement I/O board. They're asking me to check my contacts on the flipper button in that there are two stages to the flippers. If the flipper button is pushed in halfway it only activates the bottom flippers, pushed in all the way it activates all flippers. JJP thinks my left flipper contact is stuck closed and causing the hold flipper issue on the black pearl. Has anyone experienced this before?
Could someone please check to see if your left flipper button is pushed in half way does it activate the upper left flipper (one by the bayou)?

Don't have this machine but typically they implement this by just stacking 2 leaf switches on top of each other. Pressing lightly will move the contact of the one closer to the outside enough that it closes but nothing else. This will fire the lower flipper. If you press the button more in the 2 leafs of that one, which are already closed, bend enough to move one of the leaves of the second stacked switch to close that as well and the upper flipper activates. Once you lift up your playfield it will become immediately obvious in how it is supposed to work. You can look if the switch is stuck closed.

#13498 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

You flipper Button’s are 2 stage. Half press and only the bottoms will fire. Full press and the top 3 will fire also. Being it is the left one wouldn’t your inner loop flipper have fried also if the contact was stuck?

Exactly what I was thinking and it doesn't.

#13499 4 years ago

If the left switch is stuck closed wouldn’t his inner loop flipper fire as well? Not sure if that switch would be the problem. Also not in front of my machine but is the flipper button switches in the switch matrix to be able to easily tell?

#13500 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Tests - Switches - Dedicated. Two leaf blade switches in there. Push slowly in and first one registers ( Lowers ) Then keep pushing and the second one registers.
( Uppers ).

Quoted from SuperMas77:

Not necessary. Look at the right side flipper button leaf blade switches. Same set up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Wanted
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/270 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.