(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 378.
#1251 5 years ago

I know others have had problems with their LE toppers, just thought I'm post a video of what I was experiencing.

- When it's working, it flickers a lot when it fades in and out; definitely not smooth. I think this is unfortunately the expected behavior?
- It either had a flaky connection or was shorting out

Shortly after I stopped the video, the wire just came off in my hand, so I'll take off the topper and solder it back together. But I'll wait for the expected JJ service bulletin on this to come out first.

Disconnected (resized).pngDisconnected (resized).png

#1252 5 years ago

See what happens when you play with it!
I unfortunately don't have enough room for the topper so I am making something for it to go in with led lights and sit it some where in the game room!

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

pinball_keefer Is there a setting for this. I thought I saw something about turning the instruction off for after ball drain. Would that shorten the time after ball drain to relaunch?
I enjoy seeing the instructions and for newbies its a must. But I can see after you know what you are doing you could turn the instructional off.

There's a setting for turning off the in-between-ball instructions. What I'm referring to is:

- Mode Running
- Ball Drains
- Mode-over animation/summary (not skippable) <== THIS
- Ball Over Animation/summary (skippable)
- In-between hit/tip (skippable)
- Ball fed to shooter lane

This is probably only bugging me because I'm still learning the game, and when my ball time is short, I just want to get the next ball into the shooter lane ASAP.

#1254 5 years ago

#57 LE just landed! Beautiful game. Having a little bit of trouble with the gold collection button binding when the lockbar is tight. Any tips on best way to go about adjusting the button?

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 1.27.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-28 at 1.27.08 PM (resized).png

#1255 5 years ago

Man I love JJP games, but their toppers blow! They do everything first class expect their toppers

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

#57 LE just landed! Beautiful game. Having a little bit of trouble with the gold collection button binding when the lockbar is tight. Any tips on best way to go about adjusting the button?
[quoted image]

there are several 'solutions' in the thread already but i'm not sure if any of them are 100% effective.

amazing how something that should be so simple is causing so many issues. i can't recall ever having an issue with the action button on any of the stern machines.

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

Now that I've settled in and played a lot more games I do a few other criticisms besides Sound of Music. Actually not very many. Super happy with this game and it's going to be one of the best in my collection and no time it's so insanely fun.
That being said I found a majority of the game modes, because I haven't even played them all yet, are not very intuitive. I know this is an unfair comparison but let's say Lord of the Rings when you're playing a game mode like escaping the ringwraiths, or battling the Tower with the ents, it actually feels like you're doing those things when you're hitting the shots. Most game modes on playing now or just hit these three shots. Some elaborate name for the mode and it's just hit those two shots hit those three shots it doesn't feel very thematic or intuitive at all.

I could be way off base here as I have only limited play on the game. But from what I gather, the chapters aren’t modes per say (like LOTR modes), they are chapters at which you collect characters (souls) which are used on the wizard mode for that movie. You’ll notice in the JJP streams they always refer to them as chapters, not modes.

This game is more of a stackfest, do what you want when you want type of game, and not so much of a mode adventure game. You’re in the Pirates universe; battling, plundering, sinking ships, stealing gold, collecting souls, etc...moreso than going on a scripted adventure. I think the reason for this is because you can play as 1 of 22 characters. So you, the player, choose the adventure so to speak.

On the flip side; the actual part of the rules that does take you out of that stacking element and more into a mode game is when you hit the wizard mode for each movie, then you are centered in on one objective only. Almost like you’ve done all this pirating, but now a disaster of some kind is occurring and you must use your experience and characters (souls) you’ve collected to defeat whatever it is you’re up against (depending on the wizard mode).

Hopefully that makes sense and that’s just how I perceive the game and it’s objectives. Personally, I love it because it’s something different and unique.

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I know others have had problems with their LE toppers, just thought I'm post a video of what I was experiencing.
- When it's working, it flickers a lot when it fades in and out; definitely not smooth. I think this is unfortunately the expected behavior?
- It either had a flaky connection or was shorting out
Shortly after I stopped the video, the wire just came off in my hand, so I'll take off the topper and solder it back together. But I'll wait for the expected JJ service bulletin on this to come out first.

[quoted image]

Seems like it was doing what it was designed to do prior to pulling on the wire harness? Its suppose to flicker and fade.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems like it was doing what it was designed to do prior to pulling on the wire harness? Its suppose to flicker and fade.

It was actually dead until I wiggled it a bit. Then it came back on, and I started filming. I just wanted to get an idea of the position it was in when it was shorting/off.

That said, thanks for the confirmation about the behavior when it was working. I thought that the flicker was so jarring that maybe it was part of my shorting issue, but I guess it's behaving as intended.

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I could be way off base here as I have only limited play on the game. But from what I gather, the chapters aren’t modes per say (like LOTR modes), they are chapters at which you collect characters (souls) which are used on the wizard mode for that movie. You’ll notice in the JJP streams they always refer to them as chapters, not modes.
This game is more of a stackfest, do what you want when you want type of game, and not so much of a mode adventure game. You’re in the Pirates universe; battling, plundering, sinking ships, stealing gold, collecting souls, etc...moreso than going on a scripted adventure. I think the reason for this is because you can play as 1 of 22 characters. So you, the player, choose the adventure so to speak.
On the flip side; the actual part of the rules that does take you out of that stacking element and more into a mode game is when you hit the wizard mode for each movie, then you are centered in on one objective only. Almost like you’ve done all this pirating, but now a disaster of some kind is occurring and you must use your experience and characters (souls) you’ve collected to defeat whatever it is you’re up against (depending on the wizard mode).
Hopefully that makes sense and that’s just how I perceive the game and it’s objectives. Personally, I love it because it’s something different and unique.

Good points, it was just a minor criticism I had. I'm really loving this thing. I haven't even got to a wizard mode yet, so that's good to know. I can't wait.

#1261 5 years ago

Also, if you notice the characters arent random. They are the characters from the scene being referenced.

Thata cool and also means that your character selection has an added level, as the shot is spotted for the character you've picked.

So if you have a hard time with the orbit or a specific target you can rock that character and still complete scenes.

#1262 5 years ago

installed the last days Side mirrors and they are a must have mod in my opinion

B588656E-7966-483D-9519-52556FE36CB3 (resized).jpegB588656E-7966-483D-9519-52556FE36CB3 (resized).jpegBC93A667-2AF1-47DA-BF49-A3367B173F38 (resized).jpegBC93A667-2AF1-47DA-BF49-A3367B173F38 (resized).jpegE3881AAE-A6E0-4E00-B24D-77CBB0BC3B38 (resized).jpegE3881AAE-A6E0-4E00-B24D-77CBB0BC3B38 (resized).jpeg4A5A58EA-B858-466A-8798-C150DE75F309 (resized).jpeg4A5A58EA-B858-466A-8798-C150DE75F309 (resized).jpeg
#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

That being said I found a majority of the game modes, because I haven't even played them all yet, are not very intuitive. I know this is an unfair comparison but let's say Lord of the Rings when you're playing a game mode like escaping the ringwraiths, or battling the Tower with the ents, it actually feels like you're doing those things when you're hitting the shots. Most game modes on playing now or just hit these three shots. Some elaborate name for the mode and it's just hit those two shots hit those three shots it doesn't feel very thematic or intuitive at all.

You're right. BUT... this is a different game.

Most pinball machines I play for the modes. POTC plays differently. There are a bunch of different simultaneous objectives, but I think the name of the game for me at the moment is really multiballs. I enjoy the distraction of the pirate lanes, and the chapters are important for points and to advance towards wizard modes, but mainly I'm chasing the multiballs and figuring out how to maximize them.

From what I've seen, the wizard modes are more like your traditional "modes" where they have an adventure feel to them. Chapters, as you've noted, are just shot checklists regardless of which movie or scene it's from. I do enjoy the color matching and music changes though!

#1264 5 years ago

Does anyone know when the POTC CE’s are going to get released,Any information will be greatly appreciated

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

Does anyone know when the POTC CE’s are going to get released,Any information will be greatly appreciated

JJP should be assembling them now - according to distributors.

#1266 5 years ago

Just got my LE all set up and had a few minor switch errors which I fixed... Bigger issue is that my Black Pearl Access VUK isn't ejecting the ball?? The optos for it work in the switch test, and the coil works in the coil test but during the game the ball just sits in there. The game goes into a ball search and doesn't find it either?? Help its unplayable like this

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

Should be going on the in the next week or so.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Man I love JJP games, but their toppers blow! They do everything first class expect their toppers

The CE will sort that out.

#1269 5 years ago

My LE is coming tomorrow. Really looking forward to playing this great pin

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

installed the last days Side mirrors and they are a must have mod in my opinion[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn son. Where did you buy those mirror blades?

#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Just got my LE all set up and had a few minor switch errors which I fixed... Bigger issue is that my Black Pearl Access VUK isn't ejecting the ball?? The optos for it work in the switch test, and the coil works in the coil test but during the game the ball just sits in there. The game goes into a ball search and doesn't find it either?? Help its unplayable like this

So fixed this issue with help from a friend.... Had to put a few washers under the plastic Black Pearl subway leading to the VUK. Just on the two screws on the left and the right, I left the top one as is... Ball must have been getting caught in the subway or the angle wasen't steep enough...

Problem #2 is my Topper lights aren't on at all..

#1272 5 years ago

Had some free time today and decided to look into the switch errors I've had since receiving the game...

Switch errors (resized).pngSwitch errors (resized).png

I was kinda hoping they'd go away with some play. No such luck.

The right rubber was an easy adjustment from below the playfield. #s 09, 10, and 12 though made me think I had a wiring problem. I got the Black Pearl out, and sure enough, as others have reported... severed wire:

severed (resized).pngsevered (resized).png

It's weird... it's a clean cut, not really sure how that could have happened. I suspect sabotage at the factory.

Anyhow, no big deal fixing that up:

Soldered (resized).pngSoldered (resized).png

Wrapped (resized).pngWrapped (resized).png

I was hoping that would be the end of it. But I'm still experiencing one problem. #09 is showing bad, in red. I guess that just means that it hasn't ever registered? Either way, the switch still isn't registering in tests despite the wiring now looking good (and the other 2 switches daisy chained are working now).

Bad switch (resized).pngBad switch (resized).png

Despite what I've heard, the pearl is a pain to take out. Mainly due to that finicky long allen head screw in the back. Threading that thing back in was a MAJOR pain. I'm sure I'll have it apart and back together at least once more before I get this switch figured out.

It's weird though, everything looks good, so I'm not really sure where to start now.

Thoughts?

#1273 5 years ago

Actually... shoot. Looking through my other photos, I'm now seeing that it appears as thought the two green wires were likely soldered on to the switch, and the wire itself broke off. Thanks makes a lot more sense.

snapped (resized).pngsnapped (resized).png

#1274 5 years ago

You got it! Now cut that zip tie and give it more slack in the wire or it will happen again!

#1275 5 years ago

Is the spinning disc normally pretty loud when it rotates?

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Is the spinning disc normally pretty loud when it rotates?

It's certainly not silent... I wouldn't say it's particularly noisy, but even with the game volume pretty loud, you can still hear the disc in an otherwise quiet room. I can imagine how noisy the 3-spinner must have been.

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Threading that thing back in was a MAJOR pain.

I use a 10 inch long allen head T handle wrench, with one finger hold the screw on the wrench and stick it in the hole and screw it in.

LTG : )

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I use a 10 inch long allen head T handle wrench, with one finger hold the screw on the wrench and stick it in the hole and screw it in.

Yup, going shopping tonight because I have to get it out again to fix my fix.

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Yup, going shopping tonight because I have to get it out again to fix my fix.

I just bought a POTC the other day. It should be shipping out next week. I should probably pick up some specific tools before it is delivered. What size allen wrench for this job? Any other suggestions? I have a some pins already so I have some standard tools. Nothing special though.

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

What size allen wrench for this job?

To secure the backbox to the body ? One comes with the game.

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from roddog:

What size allen wrench for this job?

To secure the backbox to the body ? One comes with the game.

5/16ths in case you are curious.

#1282 5 years ago

A few days in playing this game and I now love it, For me I needed to get into the game play and all the possibilities before I could fully appreciate it
Of course with this deep rules, there is a lot that is unknown, can someone tell me what the skull symbol in the chapter box is for (where the X for a started chapter and a V for a completed is also shown) ?
LTG

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

5/16ths in case you are curious.

I was referring to the size of the "10 inch long allen head T handle wrench" in the case of the Black Pearl getting wonky.

Thanks!

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

A few days in playing this game and I now love it, For me I needed to get into the game play and all the possibilities before I could fully appreciate it
Of course with this deep rules, there is a lot that is unknown, can someone tell me what the skull symbol in the chapter box is for (where the X for a started chapter and a V for a completed is also shown) ?
ltg

I believe that means a chapter is qualified (I've been watching a lot of streams of this game in anticipation).

#1285 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I believe that means a chapter is qualified (I've been watching a lot of streams of this game in anticipation).

Qualified charters have the skull and bone picture removed, this small skull is in one of the five placeholders for each chapter and move to different chapters, interesting....

#1286 5 years ago

Big Thanks to Christopher at Kingpin games KingPinGames for getting this game to me for our party this weekend . So far NO problems at all with the game and it came in great shape. My daughter helped me get it in the house and set up so I had to let her play the first game. Wow, What a game. The gameplay is great and can't wait to learn what I am doing in the game. Born on date of 11/26/2018.

IMG_4015 (resized).JPGIMG_4015 (resized).JPGIMG_4016 (resized).JPGIMG_4016 (resized).JPGIMG_4018 (resized).JPGIMG_4018 (resized).JPG
#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I was referring to the size of the "10 inch long allen head T handle wrench" in the case of the Black Pearl getting wonky.

Ten inches. HaHa, I kill me.

1/8th inch.

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Big Thanks to Christopher at Kingpin games kingpingames for getting this game to me for our party this weekend . So far NO problems at all with the game and it came in great shape. My daughter helped me get it in the house and set up so I had to let her play the first game. Wow, What a game. The gameplay is great and can't wait to learn what I am doing in the game. Born on date of 11/26/2018.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice lineup bill. Looks like you need a hobbit to go with them. It just so happens i have one left in stock. I'll drop it off tomorrow for you....

Thanks for supporting the local guy. It means more than you can imagine.

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ten inches. HaHa, I kill me.

Dammit, that’s what my wife said!
Just a touch of comedy!
I was deff correct in waiting for my first and only NIB! Thanks JJP!

#1290 5 years ago

I love this game.
It is so much fun to stack the MBs.

I still have a few problems. My autolaunch doesn't work as it should. Sometimes it has not enough power, I think the fork is not hitting the ball as it should. Perhaps I have to put it out and back in, don't know.

And there are times in chapters when my game won't register some switches. There was one chapter and I had to do the "marty" shot, it is the left spinner on the ship. And I am sure I did this shot again and again but it just refused to register the shot. In test the spinner works perfect.

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

And there are times in chapters when my game won't register some switches. There was one chapter and I had to do the "marty" shot, it is the left spinner on the ship. And I am sure I did this shot again and again but it just refused to register the shot. In test the spinner works perfect.

Assuming your spinners are wired correctly, if you shoot the other side (Cotton) first, you need to wait for the spinners to stop for about a second before you will be able to shoot Marty. Otherwise, the game thinks the spinner is the same "shot" as the previous time through the loop. After a second of no spins, then shoot Marty and you should be fine.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Nice lineup bill. Looks like you need a hobbit to go with them. It just so happens i have one left in stock. I'll drop it off tomorrow for you....
Thanks for supporting the local guy. It means more than you can imagine.

Give me a good price for my Stern POTC as a trade in and I will take it tomorrow

#1293 5 years ago

I was wondering about the small skull in the chapter place holder? what does it mean?

Quoted from Jireteg:

Qualified charters have the skull and bone picture removed, this small skull is in one of the five placeholders for each chapter and move to different chapters, interesting....

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Thanks!

It's a 1/8" hex bit to remove the bolt holding the ship.

hex (resized).pnghex (resized).png

#1295 5 years ago

Whelp, at least I figured out why I suck at loading the cannon!

It appears to work every 10th attempt or so.

I've tried incrementally adjusting the power on that coil up until max, and it's the same behavior.

Any ideas on what can be done to get the cannon door to stay open?

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Whelp, at least I figured out why I suck at loading the cannon!

It appears to work every 10th attempt or so.
I've tried incrementally adjusting the power on that coil up until max, and it's the same behavior.
Any ideas on what can be done to get the cannon door to stay open?

I had to take a pair of needle nose pliers to the metal arm that controls the flap and bend it a little.

Also be sure the coil is firmly secured to its mount. My chest fork mech worked intermitently and it was primarily due to a loose screw securing the coil to the bracket.

#1297 5 years ago

Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

Damn son. Where did you buy those mirror blades?

Bought it in Germany from Freddys Pinball Shop.

http://www.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/standard.php?uid=16&content=Shop

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I had to take a pair of needle nose pliers to the metal arm that controls the flap and bend it a little.
Also be sure the coil is firmly secured to its mount. My chest fork mech worked intermitently and it was primarily due to a loose screw securing the coil to the bracket.

Same here

#1299 5 years ago

Can some kind soul make a video showing how to do this bend and where it's at?

#1300 5 years ago

I'll mess with it tonight, but would love a photo or more of a description if anyone would be so kind.

If I get 'er fixed, I'll be sure to post a video clip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/26?hl=bmegar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.