(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 377.
#13151 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have a feel for what a new in unopened box pirates CE would go for these days?

More than 12.5k

#13152 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I wish someone could come up with the BP ship in a bottle topper.

Small plastic carboy used for making beer.

Revell Pirate Ship :

ebay.com link: Revell Caribbean Pirate Ship Model Kit in 1 72 85 0386 New

A couple waves, an erector set motor to rock the ship up and down. Flashers for lightening.

LTG : )

shipbottle (resized).JPGshipbottle (resized).JPG
#13153 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

It will be a while, but I think I’m going to try and get into the topper market. Will take a while to learn the 3D modeling though. Picked up a nice large format 3D printer for Christmas. Going to work on a jp topper first as my idea is a lot simpler. In the near future (once I learn a bit more about what I’m doing) I want to do one for the potc just modeling a ship is a nightmare when you know nothing of modeling. At least my jp idea is a bunch of boxes so it’s something I can actually do.

Careful the sue happy will come after you with pitchforks and torches. Old games not so much but newer stuff cease and desist letters are already on the way.

#13154 4 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Careful the sue happy will come after you with pitchforks and torches. Old games not so much but newer stuff cease and desist letters are already on the way.

Wouldn't that only be if it was identified with POTC IP? If it's just any old-style pirate ship in a bottle rocking back and forth then I wouldn't think that should infringe on anything.

#13155 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have a feel for what a new in unopened box pirates CE would go for these days?

I'd go higher at $13,500. Hard to understand why Elvira or BM66 Special Editions sell for $15k but the CE version of an amazing game like POTC would be less. All the prices are crazy, but relatively speaking I think POTC is easily the best value.

#13156 4 years ago

If that were the case there would be no mod makers. Its not my fault company's are putting out shitty toppers. I just want to help correct the issue

#13157 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Freddy’s pinball paradise have new ones in stock for around 11/12k. They also can put pf protector on it, full technical inspection, and you can choose colors etc..

#13158 4 years ago

Anybody can confirm that they received a new Pirates play field due to pooling? Anybody in Europe? Thx

#13159 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Anybody can confirm that they received a new Pirates play field due to pooling? Anybody in Europe? Thx

Noone to my knowledge has received one that they didn't buy themselves

#13160 4 years ago

I get what your trying to convey, but in this makes absolutely no sense....if it did there would never be any mods made for games. Theres a small niche market for creative mod makers that in my opinion really enhance many games.

#13161 4 years ago

If someone makes a direct copy of the topper bottle, I could understand that it would be a problem. A new idea, no worries.

#13162 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Unfortunately not, still hoping, but more worst is that there is no communication after sending pics from the horrible PF quality.

#13163 4 years ago

Okay, so after a year of owning this machine I finally decided to try to tackle the one shot I can't seem to figure out, the Bayou. I can never seem to hit that shot when I'm trying to. Balls go in there pretty often, but just never when I'm aiming for it. I played a bunch of games the last few days only focusing on trying to hit that one shot, and I can't figure out the best way to go at it for consistent success. Is it better to shoot for it from the left flipper or the right flipper? I get close from both sides, but it usually rattles out. I haven't found a smooth consistent path into it. Any ideas?

#13164 4 years ago

Recently I've noticed an issue with the chest ball lock; if there are two balls locked and a different player locks a ball so that the chest needs to let one ball out, it always lets out two (in a row). I don't think it's the mech because when the chest multi-ball starts normally, it correctly lets the balls out one at a time (the gate closes briefly between each release). Anyone else notice this issue or have a solution?

#13165 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Recently I've noticed an issue with the chest ball lock; if there are two balls locked and a different player locks a ball so that the chest needs to let one ball out, it always lets out two (in a row). I don't think it's the mech because when the chest multi-ball starts normally, it correctly lets the balls out one at a time (the gate closes briefly between each release). Anyone else notice this issue or have a solution?

Adjust the coil timing for the chest until they come out one at a time.

#13166 4 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

The upper left flipper on the main playfield seemed to have overheated on me today and shut down. I had a friend over and the flipper seemed weak and weird ...eventually it shut down to the point where it stayed in place with a slight wiggle when pressing the flipper button. All other flippers were fine. I popped the glass and checked it out. It seemed smooth with no binding. Checking the temperature, I found the upper left flipper to be much hotter to the touch than the two main lower flippers. I let the game rest for 30 minutes and played a gain without issue, initially. After a few games it happened again. It let it completely cool and it seemed ok for a couple year games. Anybody else experience this?
Its maintained and has new coil sleeves, stops, and return spring within the last month or two. No noticeable binding of any kind and the wires to the coil look fine.

Flipper coil replaced. The upper left flipper now strong like bull, ready for dead mans chest wizzard mode

#13167 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Didn't know this was possible. Thanks.

#13168 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Didn't know this was possible. Thanks.

And take a paper clip to make sure your balls aren't magnetized. Ball release on my chest was acting up, and it turned out my balls were magnets. Replaced them with Carbon Steel and everything went back to normal.

#13169 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I can only hit the bayou from the left flipper. Right flipper always bounces out.

#13170 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Changed the time value from 3 to 2 and chest ball release is working perfectly now!

#13171 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Okay, so after a year of owning this machine I finally decided to try to tackle the one shot I can't seem to figure out, the Bayou. I can never seem to hit that shot when I'm trying to. Balls go in there pretty often, but just never when I'm aiming for it. I played a bunch of games the last few days only focusing on trying to hit that one shot, and I can't figure out the best way to go at it for consistent success. Is it better to shoot for it from the left flipper or the right flipper? I get close from both sides, but it usually rattles out. I haven't found a smooth consistent path into it. Any ideas?

Backhand from the left. Hold it down but not too long. I kinda have to sweep it in there with the underside of that upper left flipper.

#13172 4 years ago

It took a circuitous route here traveling the pacific for a while, but 235 is in my garage! NIB!

#13173 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I was asked if I needed one. I didn't take up the offer, but it was offered.

#13174 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I was asked if I needed one. I didn't take up the offer, but it was offered.

I got one from Mirco personally with a decent discount.

#13175 4 years ago

CE #32 is on its way to me from Germany! Can't wait to join the group here.

#13176 4 years ago

Congrats and please piss us off by showing pics too!!!!!!

#13177 4 years ago

Any new rumors on final code update?

Would be nice for the holidays!

#13178 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

code update

Two things I am hoping for, Final wizard mode which I will most likely never achieve and a yo ho yo ho attract song!
How many folks on this thread would like to see a yo ho yo ho attract song?
You can simply vote with a up vote or down vote.

#13179 4 years ago

And I am not worried about my pinside rating being hurt so y'all know!

#13180 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

CE #32 is on its way to me from Germany! Can't wait to join the group here.

Congratulations! There is one CE left at Freddy's in Germany, and I'm waiting for a shipping quote, but it is looking like $14k shipped...ouch. The prototype CE at TPF in 2018 was incredible.

#13181 4 years ago

After the one I got, Freddy's should have one left. I tried to buy the LE that was for sale on here first but just missed out on it. With so much interest and such a fast sale on that I figured the extra money for the CE NIB was ultimately not far from what its actually worth, especially given warranty support from an authorized dealer.

#13182 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Two things I am hoping for, Final wizard mode which I will most likely never achieve and a yo ho yo ho attract song!

If Disney is as involved as much as many say they are in licensing and actually do care they should be begging JJP to put that in as an attract song.
Why on earth wouldn’t they, shit they even went as far as putting a hidden Mickey or two in the damn game.

#13183 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any new rumors on final code update?
Would be nice for the holidays!

Would be nice but doesn't look like it. The game was announced over 2 years ago and the code remains on version .99...sigh. I know JJP said it will happen eventually but Stern also said the same thing about Ghostbusters code for nearly 3 years...

#13184 4 years ago

So I'm not reading 264 pages of this thread...i know at the beginning everyone was pissed no spinning discs...what is the consensus now? Good game? A lot of issues? Please tell me its better than Hobbit....

#13185 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would be nice but doesn't look like it. The game was announced over 2 years ago and the code remains on version .99...sigh. I know JJP said it will happen eventually but Stern also said the same thing about Ghostbusters code for nearly 3 years...

I’m amazed none of the computer wizards here haven’t found a way to add such a simple thing.

#13186 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So I'm not reading 264 pages of this thread...i know at the beginning everyone was pissed no spinning discs...what is the consensus now? Good game? A lot of issues? Please tell me its better than Hobbit....

Good game? It's better than a good game. Top 4 all time for me easily. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to pick one up like I did. And yes...much better than Hobbit.

The multiple spinning discs were hard to read, didn't really affect the ball differently than a single spinning disc and weren't reliable. The single disc is just fine. Had it never been shown with multiple spinning discs, no one would have cared.

#13187 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If Disney is as involved as much as many say they are in licensing and actually do care they should be begging JJP to put that in as an attract song.
Why on earth wouldn’t they, shit they even went as far as putting a hidden Mickey or two in the damn game.

Okay, now I’m disappointed in myself for never thinking to look for hidden Mickeys in the game. Where are they?

#13188 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yo ho yo ho would be good. A creepy call out of “Dead men tell no tales” for attract mode like they have at the start of the POTC ride might be good too.

#13189 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Very fun and addictive game. Lots of interesting shots & a good variety of strategies to try in playing. Single disc is great. Sometimes saves you sometimes hurts you. It’s better than Hobbit (I’ve never played Hobbit but you asked people to please say that so I said it for you)

#13190 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

After the one I got, Freddy's should have one left. I tried to buy the LE that was for sale on here first but just missed out on it. With so much interest and such a fast sale on that I figured the extra money for the CE NIB was ultimately not far from what its actually worth, especially given warranty support from an authorized dealer.

Please tell me they aren't unpacking/repacking it before shipping...!!!

#13191 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

...what is the consensus now? Good game? A lot of issues? Please tell me its better than Hobbit....

Quoted from LesManley:

Good game? It's better than a good game. Top 4 all time for me easily. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to pick one up like I did. And yes...much better than Hobbit.

Pirates is a FANTASTIC game! Like none other.

And FWIW, I LOVE my Hobbit too! Both games have their unique strengths.

#13192 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

what is the consensus now? Good game?

This one will stand the test of time and not be beat for a long time! There is a ton of code and toys on the PF. So much crammed into this pin. It is in my top 3 favorites. And I have played a lot of pins. I have yet to play a BBB but I am hoping one day my buddy Tilt runs across one!!

#13193 4 years ago

Also since the chest mod has been made, it up's the ante even more!! Thanks for that one pinballj !

#13194 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

From the pictures here on Pinside. They aren't.

LTG : )

#13195 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

They usually do, but you can probably tell them not to. They unpacked mine and I wasn't able to tell, because they repacked it exactly as it was new.

I think it's a great service, but I understand it's not for everyone...

#13196 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

They are unpacking/inspecting and repacking. Personally I find the value in this service and am having them do it for me.

#13197 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yo ho yo ho would be good. A creepy call out of “Dead men tell no tales” for attract mode like they have at the start of the POTC ride might be good too.

I need to get back to work decrypting the hard drive. This is a great idea.

#13198 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

This one will stand the test of time and not be beat for a long time! There is a ton of code and toys on the PF. So much crammed into this pin. It is in my top 3 favorites. And I have played a lot of pins. I have yet to play a BBB but I am hoping one day my buddy vidgameseller runs across one!!

Shoot me a PM and stop by to play BBB anytime. Have a fairly deep collection never mind people coming over.

#13199 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

they even went as far as putting a hidden Mickey or two in the damn game.

Where? I'd love to know. ; )

#13200 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Okay, now I’m disappointed in myself for never thinking to look for hidden Mickeys in the game. Where are they?

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Where? I'd love to know. ; )

Start searching the PF. If you don’t find by later tonight I’ll give it up!

Let’s have a little fun with it, it’s hidden! Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/264 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.