(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 378.
#13101 4 years ago

Like so? Do I need a rubber ring there?

DFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpegDFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpeg
#13102 4 years ago

yes, though the lock nuts on the threaded post, the threaded posts look longer than mine.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do I need a rubber ring there?

A single one around both posts.

LTG : )

#13103 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do I need a rubber ring there?

Page C-130 and C-131 in the manual - 1 inch clear silicone.

If you need it, you can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates.

#13104 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

yes, though the lock nuts on the threaded post, the threaded posts look longer than mine.

Page C-134 and page C-135 item #7

#13105 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from LTG:

Thanks!

#13106 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Like so? Do I need a rubber ring there?[quoted image]

Here’s a picture of mine.

272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg
#13107 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Like so? Do I need a rubber ring there?[quoted image]

In the manual it looks like the hex spacer under the right ramp is 2” and the post holding up the flasher is 2-3/8”. Here are pics of the flasher assembly as requested. Let me know if you need any more.

74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpeg74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpegB3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpegB3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpeg
#13108 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

In the manual it looks like the hex spacer under the right ramp is 2” and the post holding up the flasher is 2-3/8”. Here are pics of the flasher assembly as requested. Let me know if you need any more.[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't forget to replace that flasher bulb. Much brighter that way!

#13109 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

In the manual it looks like the hex spacer under the right ramp is 2” and the post holding up the flasher is 2-3/8”. Here are pics of the flasher assembly as requested. Let me know if you need any more.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s perfect! Thank you!

#13110 4 years ago

So, my LE finally arrived after almost 2 months of waiting.

Few issues I need help with

1. Some rod that looks like it is part of the ship mechanism behind the back of the Playfield is disconnected.

2. A thumb screw was sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. Not sure where it goes.

3. Couple bracket looking things loose in the coin box. Not sure what to do with them.

4. Funny enough I’m having a hard time getting the Playfield to slide back. Something seems to be in the way. Silly I know but any words of wisdom?

CF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpegCF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpegD18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpegD18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpegD7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpegD7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpegDB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpegDB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpeg
#13111 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

1. Some rod that looks like it is part of the ship mechanism behind the back of the Playfield is disconnected.
2. A thumb screw was sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. Not sure where it goes.
3. Couple bracket looking things loose in the coin box. Not sure what to do with them.
4. Funny enough I’m having a hard time getting the Playfield to slide back. Something seems to be in the way. Silly I know but any words of wisdom?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The instructions should tell you to remove the white foam block behind the PF. That is for shipping purposes only.

The black bolt in your second picture looks to be the bolt that holds the Black Pearl in place!! This goes on the inside of the PF right behind the black pearl. Do not operate the pin before everything is back together correctly!

#13112 4 years ago

playfield sliding back could be hitting the wire harness. I found on my machine the left wire harness was tucked into the left corner but it was hitting the ridge in the back. I moved the left harness to the middle (right of ridge) and fixed problem. Also did you make sure to get all shipping foam out? The 2 meteal brackets go on coin door. They are at the back of the mech (Find the silver thumbscrews and look at the top ) and slide down in a groove. Held in place by thumbscrew.. Hopefully my crappy explanation helps. Not sure where the black thumbscrew is from

#13113 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

The instructions should tell you to remove the white foam block behind the PF. That is for shipping purposes only.
The black bolt in your second picture looks to be the bolt that holds the Black Pearl in place!! This goes on the inside of the PF right behind the black pearl. Do not operate the pin before everything is back together correctly!

I think you are correct the black pin is what holds the Black Pearl in place. I should have known that one lol

#13114 4 years ago

4. Funny enough I’m having a hard time getting the Playfield to slide back. Something seems to be in the way. Silly I know but any words of wisdom?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

VolunteerPin - make sure you read the links in the first post on this page below. It will be enormously helpful in solving all your problems.
The foam is the first chapter - and "Removing the Black Pearl" chapter will have pics of many of those parts you have pics of. Good Luck!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#13115 4 years ago

See this post for a good picture of how the linkage (rod behind the backboard connected to the motor) should connect to the rod that goes from the Pearl through the backboard. There should be a white spacer and a clip to hold it all in place.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/64#post-4808168

And here's a post with a picture of the thumbscrew that should give you a good idea of where it goes straight down between the ship and the backboard:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/26#post-4711321

#13116 4 years ago

Hold coin mechs in place. See picture.

afmr10 (resized).jpgafmr10 (resized).jpg
#13117 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

How long ago did you order and when did you receive the playfield?

bump for answer?

#13118 4 years ago

bump for answer?

#13119 4 years ago

Why are there so few Jersey Jack POTC manufactured? Was it a poor title? Is there support issues with the game? Is the game stable no issues or are there consistent repairs needed?

What do you feel value for dollar JJP are quite a bit more $$$ than every other manufacture are they worth the extra coin?

I have been looking to purchase a Jersey Jack pinball but my local dealer has warned me to stay away he has had to many issues with the JJP pins and stopped stocking them please chime in and let me know if this is true or not.

#13120 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Is the game stable no issues

My SE has never had any problems except playfield needs cleaning more often than other games.

No pooling, chipping, etc. either.

#13121 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

I have been looking to purchase a Jersey Jack pinball but my local dealer has warned me to stay away he has had to many issues with the JJP pins and stopped stocking them please chime in and let me know if this is true or not.

Find a better dealer. Or buy direct from JJP.

#13122 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Why are there so few Jersey Jack POTC manufactured? Was it a poor title? Is there support issues with the game? Is the game stable no issues or are there consistent repairs needed?
What do you feel value for dollar JJP are quite a bit more $$$ than every other manufacture are they worth the extra coin?

What he said, find another dealer. Potc may be one of the best games ever made. You can’t find one because nobody wants sell. It’s a complicated game, but repairs are not much different than any other game.

#13123 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

My SE has never had any problems except playfield needs cleaning more often than other games.
No pooling, chipping, etc. either.

He's not wrong in that they've had issues, but if your dealer is taking that stance then I highly doubt he carries Stern games....maybe he only carries CGC games ....

#13124 4 years ago

I am looking at used POTC and would like to know what problems / issues a used POTC may have?

#13125 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

I am looking at used POTC and would like to know what problems / issues a used POTC may have?

Go to the first page of this topic. Look over the key'd posts. You'll get some ideas and fixes there.

#13126 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Don’t be afraid. The only way to learn is to ask questions and get your hands dirty. Anybody can learn. Buy it! We’ll help you

#13127 4 years ago

Yup. Definitely remove that foam block!

#13128 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Find a better dealer. Or buy direct from JJP.

I second this comment. My JJP has been bullet proof.

#13129 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Why are there so few Jersey Jack POTC manufactured?

When JJP first demo'd POTC they used a prototype machine. Later they announced that the production pin would not included some of the cool features, and that turned off a lot of buyers who had put down deposits. I'm guessing early sales were slower than expected. By the time everyone realized how amazing POTC was, JJP had already decided to move on with their next pin (Wonka) and POTC production was limited to 1000 units (200 CEs, 650 LEs, 150 SEs). There has also been a rumor that Jack wanted parts for and additional 500 machines but for some reason did not move forward with that.

#13130 4 years ago

I second this comment. My JJP has been bullet proof.

.....just jinxed it right there

#13131 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

.....just jinxed it right there

Firing a weapon at it, surely won't help it out either!!!

#13132 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

I’ve heard this comment before... there are LOTS of distributors. Find another one. There are too many owners who sing the praises of these games

#13133 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

When JJP first demo'd POTC they used a prototype machine. Later they announced that the production pin would not included some of the cool features, and that turned off a lot of buyers who had put down deposits. I'm guessing early sales were slower than expected. By the time everyone realized how amazing POTC was, JJP had already decided to move on with their next pin (Wonka) and POTC production was limited to 1000 units (200 CEs, 650 LEs, 150 SEs). There has also been a rumor that Jack wanted parts for and additional 500 machines but for some reason did not move forward with that.

Well said. POTC cost $$ and businesses including JJP are there to make a profit. POTC made that tough; hopefully the next couple games do not

#13134 4 years ago

My jjp games have been very reliable. Find a distributor and buy one. That said, I know nobody wants to sell their potc, but if anyone in the Midwest decides to move on, let me know. Wonka didn't quite pull me in, so waiting on GNR and toystory, but still would look at a potc. My only fear with potc was the continuation of parts supplies.

#13135 4 years ago

Does the POTC have movie clips with Johnny Depp and others for the cast?

#13136 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Does the POTC have movie clips with Johnny Depp and others for the cast?

No.

#13137 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Lloyd did the monkey “jack” call outs if that matters. A man of many talents!

#13138 4 years ago

The upper left flipper on the main playfield seemed to have overheated on me today and shut down. I had a friend over and the flipper seemed weak and weird ...eventually it shut down to the point where it stayed in place with a slight wiggle when pressing the flipper button. All other flippers were fine. I popped the glass and checked it out. It seemed smooth with no binding. Checking the temperature, I found the upper left flipper to be much hotter to the touch than the two main lower flippers. I let the game rest for 30 minutes and played a gain without issue, initially. After a few games it happened again. It let it completely cool and it seemed ok for a couple year games. Anybody else experience this?

Its maintained and has new coil sleeves, stops, and return spring within the last month or two. No noticeable binding of any kind and the wires to the coil look fine.

#13139 4 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

The upper left flipper on the main playfield seemed to have overheated on me today and shut down. I had a friend over and the flipper seemed weak and weird ...eventually it shut down to the point where it stayed in place with a slight wiggle when pressing the flipper button. All other flippers were fine. I popped the glass and checked it out. It seemed smooth with no binding. Checking the temperature, I found the upper left flipper to be much hotter to the touch than the two main lower flippers. I let the game rest for 30 minutes and played a gain without issue, initially. After a few games it happened again. It let it completely cool and it seemed ok for a couple year games. Anybody else experience this?
Its maintained and has new coil sleeves, stops, and return spring within the last month or two. No noticeable binding of any kind and the wires to the coil look fine.

Is the EOS switch intact/working? This is a switch which reduces power to the flipper when it's in the upward/trap position. Without it, the flipper is on HV all the time and holding it down would heat it up quicker.

Check it in the switch test and inspect it under the playfield. It's a leaf switch at the end of the flipper travel. (I had a solder blob break on one once.)

#13140 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the EOS switch intact/working? This is a switch which reduces power to the flipper when it's in the upward/trap position. Without it, the flipper is on HV all the time and holding it down would heat it up quicker.
Check it in the switch test and inspect it under the playfield. It's a leaf switch at the end of the flipper travel. (I had a solder blob break on one once.)

Thank you, I checked it out and it seems fine.

#13141 4 years ago

Looks like I’m just going to need to remove the pearl. Just investigating still and realized the pearl is like a solid inch away from the ramps and maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch below. I can lift it up with a little effort and get it better aligned. You can also see where the pearl has rubbed the back board a little with a wear spot.

This is all a little intimidating and a little of a bummer. Any additional thoughts with seeing these photos?

2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpeg0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpegD162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpegD162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpeg6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg
#13142 4 years ago

Looks like I’m just going to need to remove the pearl. Just investigating still and realized the pearl is like a solid inch away from the ramps and maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch below. I can lift it up with a little effort and get it better aligned. You can also see where the pearl has rubbed the back board a little with a wear spot.
This is all a little intimidating and a little of a bummer. Any additional thoughts with seeing these photos?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check and see if it is sitting right in the two pegs Underneath. Being THAT far back doesn’t seem like it could.

#13143 4 years ago

This is all a little intimidating and a little of a bummer. Any additional thoughts with seeing these photos?

Loosen the allen head bolt between the pearl and back wall of the playfield. Shove the pearl the whole way forward. Retighten the allen head bolt.

When working on the black pearl. It wants to slide forward towards the front of the game. Stuff a rag between the pearl and back wall to hold it in place until you tighten it down.

#13144 4 years ago

I suspect the bolt that holds the pearl in has fallen out or the pearl was not properly aligned in the guide holes when assembled. From the wear on backboard id say bolt came out as with it in pearl can not touch the backboard.

Edit* I looked in manual to see if i could find a reference to bolt and did not find anything. Will take a picture in the morning

#13145 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I suspect the bolt that holds the pearl in has fallen out or the pearl was not properly aligned in the guide holes when assembled.

Go to the 7 minute mark in this video to see the allen head bolt.

#13146 4 years ago

Stern is selling their SW R2D2 topper for $750. I wish someone could come up with the BP ship in a bottle topper. Looks like they could make some $$!

#13147 4 years ago

Anyone have a feel for what a new in unopened box pirates CE would go for these days?

#13149 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Stern is selling their SW R2D2 topper for $750. I wish someone could come up with the BP ship in a bottle topper. Looks like they could make some $$!

It will be a while, but I think I’m going to try and get into the topper market. Will take a while to learn the 3D modeling though. Picked up a nice large format 3D printer for Christmas. Going to work on a jp topper first as my idea is a lot simpler. In the near future (once I learn a bit more about what I’m doing) I want to do one for the potc just modeling a ship is a nightmare when you know nothing of modeling. At least my jp idea is a bunch of boxes so it’s something I can actually do.

#13150 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have a feel for what a new in unopened box pirates CE would go for these days?

I'd guess $12,500

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/263 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.