(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 378.
#13001 4 years ago

Anyone know how to use the add-a-ball feature of the Pintel character?

#13002 4 years ago

You mean ragetti I think. Board the pearl hit a switch to let the game know your really really up there and press action button.

#13003 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone know how to use the add-a-ball feature of the Pintel character?

Quoted from GnarLee:

You mean ragetti I think. Board the pearl hit a switch to let the game know your really really up there and press action button.

Once you trigger a switch on the Black Pearl, the software will indicate Add a Ball is ready when Ragetti's Eyeball starts rolling around the mini display (It's kinda cool). Like GnarLee said: press the action button on the lock down bar.

While the additional ball is in play, your play-field scoring is reduced 50%! So try to get your purple pirates lane award for Super X to even it out. Remember its not a "muli-ball" so no real Jackpots are available.

#13004 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Once you trigger a switch on the Black Pearl, the software will indicate Add a Ball is ready when Ragetti's Eyeball starts rolling around the mini display (It's kinda cool). Like GnarLee said: press the action button on the lock down bar.
While the additional ball is in play, your play-field scoring is reduced 50%! So try to get your purple pirates lane award for Super X to even it out. Remember its not a "muli-ball" so no real Jackpots are available.

Where is "Super X" lit, once the Pirates lanes have all been lit? It's always so crazy at that moment I never can find it. ; )

#13005 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Where is "Super X" lit, once the Pirates lanes have all been lit? It's always so crazy at that moment I never can find it. ; )

there's a target up near the Chest that you have to hit to collect whatever is lit on the small screen on the apron

#13006 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Board the pearl hit a switch to let the game know your really really up there

This really bugs me and I hope they fix it in the code update. The code logic needs a switch trigger on the BP to know that the ball is on the BP, but the only way up is via the ramps or the rear VUK and obviously both those are known events in the code (they have switch triggers). So why the need for the additional random switch event on the BP? I guess we could argue that with Ragetti the intent was to make the reward (add a ball) more difficult, but I'd bet they're using the same code routine as the "Light Fuse" gate (the cannon) which needs to be reopened if the ball leaves and then returns to the BP, which again should be known from the ramp opto or VUK, not an additional random switch trigger on the BP.

#13007 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

there's a target up near the Chest that you have to hit to collect whatever is lit on the small screen on the apron

So I don't see anything marked "Super X" near the chest on the playfield. This is very frustrating, as I hear "Super X is lit" all the time, yet cannot find it. : (

#13008 4 years ago

So I don't see anything marked "Super X" near the chest on the playfield. This is very frustrating, as I hear "Super X is lit" all the time, yet cannot find it. : (

Search “super x target” in this forum/topic/thread only (don’t enter it in the search area that searches all of the Pinside forums at once) and there are some old posts from people doing a good job explaining it. Here’s a link to one of the search results:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/8#post-4637063

#13009 4 years ago

Why the frustration? Its a Pirate lane award. Next to the chest is a Large lit arrow that says Pirate (IE Lane) pointing at a target.

#13010 4 years ago

Each time you complete the six pirate lanes, the selected reward can be activated by hitting the Pirate stand-up which is between the left orbit and the chest. The insert for the Pirate stand-up will light with the color of the reward you completed. So for Super X, the light will be purple. If you were to complete all six pirate lanes again before hitting the Pirate target, then the insert will flash both colors and the target will give two awards (you can't lose a pirate award, they stack, at least for the current ball in play).

For Super X, after you hit the (purple) Pirate stand-up it will light one (or more) of the six multiplier stand-ups, also colored purple. For example, hit the 2X stand-up and you'll start 2-times playfield values.

Basically there's no target labeled "Super X". The pirate lanes, pirate target, and multiplier targets all serve multiple modes and you have to go by the color.

#13011 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Each time you complete the six pirate lanes, the selected reward can be activated by hitting the Pirate stand-up which is between the left orbit and the chest. The insert for the Pirate stand-up will light with the color of the reward you completed. So for Super X, the light will be purple. If you were to complete all six pirate lanes again before hitting the Pirate target, then the insert will flash both colors and the target will give two awards (you can't lose a pirate award, they stack, at least for the current ball in play).
For Super X, after you hit the (purple) Pirate stand-up it will light one (or more) of the six multiplier stand-ups, also colored purple. For example, hit the 2X stand-up and you'll start 2-times playfield values.
Basically there's no target labeled "Super X". The pirate lanes, pirate target, and multiplier targets all serve multiple modes and you have to go by the color.

Awesome Explanation! Thank you for taking the time to point that out. I hear "Super X is lit" and I'm looking for a Super X target. The "Pirate" target makes complete sense since I've lit up the Pirate lanes. I have a feeling this will help me step up my play. I feel fantastic when I hit 600K in points. I really want to break a million on a regular basis. : )

#13012 4 years ago

Having a problem with the leds for gold, fountain of youth, and map hole. The board shows a red led underneath rather that green and the lights will not light up. This happened before, but it fixed itself somehow. Anyone know hats causing the problem? I checked the connections and everything seems fine.
20191117_230337 (resized).jpg20191117_230337 (resized).jpg

#13013 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

The board shows a red led underneath rather that green and the lights will not light up. This happened before, but it fixed itself somehow. Anyone know hats causing the problem?

Red means the tiny fuse blew.

LTG : )

#13014 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red means the tiny fuse blew.

It did this before though, I never replaced a fuse and it worked fine for months. Where is the fuse located?

#13015 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Where is the fuse located?

Itsy bitsy thing nearby.

#13016 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Itsy bitsy thing nearby.

Could you please provide me with the exact location so I can attempt to fix it? Is it on the led board itself?

#13017 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Could you please provide me with the exact location so I can attempt to fix it? Is it on the led board itself?

It is on the LED board itself.

Starting on page D-12 in the manual are the LED boards and parts list. Find the fuse and location number there. Very tiny, surface mount, I don't know if they can be fixed.

You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates.

#13018 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:If you were to complete all six pirate lanes again before hitting the Pirate target, then the insert will flash both colors and the target will give two awards (you can't lose a pirate award, they stack, at least for the current ball in play).

If you don't collect a Pirate Lane Award at the Pirate Target before completely lighting the P-I-R-A-T-E Lanes for the next Pirate Lane Award, the first Pirate Lane Award will be canceled. Only one Pirate Lane Award will be lit at the Pirate Target at a time.

However, multiple Pirate Lane Awards (Playfield multiplier (Super X), Next Shot Multiplier (Shot X), Bonus Multiplier (Bonus X)) can be lit and ready to activate at the STANDUP TARGETS (2x-6X) after they are collected at the Pirate Target.

Some Awards are collected and activated by hitting the Pirate Target (ARRR frenzy, Add A Ball, Big Points, Add Time, Gold). Some are activated in other areas of the playfield (Lite extra Ball, Liars Dice).

#13019 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is on the LED board itself.
Starting on page D-12 in the manual are the LED boards and parts list. Find the fuse and location number there. Very tiny, surface mount, I don't know if they can be fixed.
You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates.

Thanks I was looking through the manual already. Just didn't see anything particular to the fuse for the board. It's weird that it happened before and then worked again like normal. Usually if a fuse is blown it wouldn't start working again.

#13020 4 years ago

BTW, I just powered it on and they were working for about 5 seconds, then they quit and it turned red again.

#13021 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

BTW, I just powered it on and they were working for about 5 seconds, then they quit and it turned red again

Probably a problem on the board shorting it. The fuse is very close to the red/green light.

#13022 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Probably a problem on the board shorting it. The fuse is very close to the red/green light.

Hopefully jersey jack can help out. I'll have to get in touch with them.

#13023 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

If you don't collect a Pirate Lane Award at the Pirate Target before completely lighting the P-I-R-A-T-E Lanes for the next Pirate Lane Award, the first Pirate Lane Award will be canceled. Only one Pirate Lane Award will be lit at the Pirate Target at a time.
However, multiple Pirate Lane Awards (Playfield multiplier (Super X), Next Shot Multiplier (Shot X), Bonus Multiplier (Bonus X)) can be lit and ready to activate at the STANDUP TARGETS (2x-6X) after they are collected at the Pirate Target.
Some Awards are collected and activated by hitting the Pirate Target (ARRR frenzy, Add A Ball, Big Points, Add Time, Gold). Some are activated in other areas of the playfield (Lite extra Ball, Liars Dice).

Hmm, I thought I had seen the Pirate stand-up blinking between two awards (colors), but guess I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

#13024 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Simply crazy how deep this thing is! I keep learning something new quite often. Multiple award choices for lane lighting completion. D E E P !

#13025 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This does the trick to solve that issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/227#post-5094603
This is the sleeve I put on mine. You have to take the Black Pearl off to get at it but it's a great idea to do it to prevent balls sticking between the sling post and the star map entry post and to prevent wear on the sling rubber. (note you don't have to dremel the post to make it work).
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-5151

EaglePin Does the chest have to come out in order to put the sleeve on?

0D8CDE8F-2CC6-4DD3-8242-88156849FE45 (resized).jpeg0D8CDE8F-2CC6-4DD3-8242-88156849FE45 (resized).jpeg
#13026 4 years ago

I have replaced those rubber without removing chest. Think I was able to carefully remove the metal piece which gives access to rubber. Took a little jiggling though

#13027 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

eaglepin Does the chest have to come out in order to put the sleeve on?[quoted image]

I didn’t remove the chest. I just removed the screw that holds the chest into the playfield to give it enough wiggle room for getting those top pieces off the post.

#13028 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I didn’t remove the chest. I just removed the screw that holds the chest into the playfield to give it enough wiggle room for getting those top pieces off the post.

Thank you!

#13029 4 years ago

Is this the screw that goes here? I took so many things off the playfield but forgot to take pics!

35200050-835C-4085-AE8A-0FA5635E91E2 (resized).jpeg35200050-835C-4085-AE8A-0FA5635E91E2 (resized).jpeg
#13030 4 years ago

Also, is the ball deflector supposed to go like this?

4733AB71-E5FE-4B47-BC10-7863491B37EB (resized).jpeg4733AB71-E5FE-4B47-BC10-7863491B37EB (resized).jpeg
#13031 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Also, is the ball deflector supposed to go like this?[quoted image]

Yes, make sure that L bracket on the left of your photo is on top of the deflector, not under it.

#13032 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, make sure that L bracket on the left of your photo is on top of the deflector, not under it.

Will do, Thanks!

Just tried the deflector with some actual game shots from the upper flipper and the balls gets rejected big time! So the deflector’s right side (picture) has to be higher than the left correct? All the way or half way?

02F5DDEA-5BBC-4169-8994-0EE5531928B5 (resized).jpeg02F5DDEA-5BBC-4169-8994-0EE5531928B5 (resized).jpeg
#13033 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Will do, Thanks!
Just tried the deflector with some actual game shots from the upper flipper and the balls gets rejected big time! So the deflector’s right side (picture) has to be higher than the left correct? All the way or half way?[quoted image]

You are over thinking it. The stack should be:

L Bracket
Deflector
Cliffy #2 (small)
Cliffy

Everything else about it is impossible to screw up. Yes it has an angle (it faces the center of the hole.) However it should not be tilted vertically, which is will be if the L bracket is under the deflector.

Tossing balls at it is different from playing games, it will be fine.

#13034 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

eaglepin Does the chest have to come out in order to put the sleeve on?[quoted image]

Why do you want to put a sleeve on that post? The ball occasionally settles there and has more of chance of going down the middle but that’s part of the design.

#13035 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Why do you want to put a sleeve on that post? The ball occasionally settles there and has more of chance of going down the middle but that’s part of the design.

From what I know, it wears the sling rubber down, due to it resting there so frequently. I think so anyway....

#13036 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Will do, Thanks!
Just tried the deflector with some actual game shots from the upper flipper and the balls gets rejected big time! So the deflector’s right side (picture) has to be higher than the left correct? All the way or half way?[quoted image]

After I installed Cliffys at the map hole my deflector was rotating to that angle and it caused huge reject issues. Turned out the deflector was slipping on top of the Cliffy and there was enough play in the screw hole to let it turn. I solved it by putting neoprene washers between the Map 1 (main) Cliffy and the Map 2 (small) Cliffy. For mine the deflector worked best with it being parallel to the map targets (so not angled like in your picture).

#13037 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

From what I know, it wears the sling rubber down, due to it resting there so frequently. I think so anyway....

It’s a two-fer. Protects the sling rubber and reduced SDTM.

#13038 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

After I installed Cliffys at the map hole my deflector was rotating to that angle and it caused huge reject issues. Turned out the Cliffy pieces were slipping on each other and there was enough play in the screw hole to let it turn. I solved it by putting neoprene washers between the Map 1 (main) Cliffy and the Map 2 (small) Cliffy. For mine the deflector worked best with it being parallel to the map targets (so not angled like in your picture).

Edit: let me double check when I get home where I put the washers. Might have been between deflector and Map 2 instead. I might have used some double sided tape between the Map Cliffys and then washers above Map 2 holes.

#13039 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Edit: let me double check when I get home where I put the washers. Might have been between deflector and Map 2 instead. I might have used some double sided tape between the Map Cliffys and then washers above Map 2 holes.

I appreciate that very much

#13040 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You are over thinking it. The stack should be:
L Bracket
Deflector
Cliffy #2 (small)
Cliffy
Everything else about it is impossible to screw up. Yes it has an angle (it faces the center of the hole.) However it should not be tilted vertically, which is will be if the L bracket is under the deflector.
Tossing balls at it is different from playing games, it will be fine.

Thanks!

#13041 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I appreciate that very much

I checked and I used double sided tape (just rolled some tape up to create double sided) between Map 1 and Map 2, and I put the rubber washers between Map 2 & deflector. Without using that stuff the deflector on mine wasn't staying put and it was rotating to a big angle (same as in your picture) from the force of balls hitting it.

The way I thought about what angle to set the deflector was that the path of the ball from about 1/3 of the way from the tip of the upper flipper to the Map hole isn't perpendicular. It goes at the hole at a slight angle. So if the deflector is parallel or mostly parallel with the back edge of the Cliffys, then the ball will hit it and still bounce a little to the right and go into the hole. For me it was deceiving to the eye because it looked like having the deflector at an angle like in your picture would be best, but when it was at that angle on mine it was rejecting almost all shots. I tried to get mine exactly parallel but I couldn't get it to stay there. It's only just very, very, very slightly angled though and after I got it to stay put that way with the washers the shots started going in the hole again like they did before I put the Cliffys on.

#13042 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I checked and I used double sided tape (just rolled some tape up to create double sided) between Map 1 and Map 2, and I put the rubber washers between Map 2 & deflector. Without using that stuff the deflector on mine wasn't staying put and it was rotating to a big angle (same as in your picture) from the force of balls hitting it.
The way I thought about what angle to set the deflector was that the path of the ball from about 1/3 of the way from the tip of the upper flipper to the Map hole isn't perpendicular. It goes at the hole at a slight angle. So if the deflector is parallel or mostly parallel with the back edge of the Cliffys, then the ball will hit it and still bounce a little to the right and go into the hole. For me it was deceiving to the eye because it looked like having the deflector at an angle like in your picture would be best, but when it was at that angle on mine it was rejecting almost all shots. I tried to get mine exactly parallel but I couldn't get it to stay there. It's only just very, very, very slightly angled though and after I got it to stay put that way with the washers the shots started going in the hole again like they did before I put the Cliffys on.

Awesome! Thanks!

#13043 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Pretty sure that wasn't part of the intended design. Couple issues first a ball gettign stuck there can cause the post to bind and not go back down. Rare but it happens. Pretty sure it is also the reason Ive had to replace the left sling 2 times now from breaking. If ball can not get stuck between posts pretty sure that rubber will last at least a tad longer.

#13044 4 years ago

Want your opinions. The left ramp (or left side) is very dark, no GI lighting. I have been a custom to moding my machines out with lighting. Mainly have owned in the past Bally/Williams 90s machines. I know that from talking with Coin Taker that I could do a 10 for 1 replacement on the GI lighting on those machines.

So first question, do you all think blue/white, a mix of both, GI lighting would look good under this ramp? Or would it take away from the colored lighting in the game already? I would not do too many, just want to light it up some.
If so, would I power from the GI spot lighting? That's where I think of doing this from and if so would it over power that circuit?
Your thoughts.

#13045 4 years ago

Picture of ramp in mind.

20191121_104901 (resized).jpg20191121_104901 (resized).jpg
#13046 4 years ago

Wow, does the maelstrom solenoid stick out that badly with the mirror blades or is it just the angle of the pic?

#13047 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Wow, does the maelstrom solenoid stick out that badly with the mirror blades or is it just the angle of the pic?

Lol thats a mirror reflection of it.

#13048 4 years ago

I know, I was just wondering how much you see it from the players point of view.

#13049 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Want your opinions. The left ramp (or left side) is very dark, no GI lighting. I have been a custom to moding my machines out with lighting. Mainly have owned in the past Bally/Williams 90s machines. I know that from talking with Coin Taker that I could do a 10 for 1 replacement on the GI lighting on those machines.
So first question, do you all think blue/white, a mix of both, GI lighting would look good under this ramp? Or would it take away from the colored lighting in the game already? I would not do too many, just want to light it up some.
If so, would I power from the GI spot lighting? That's where I think of doing this from and if so would it over power that circuit?
Your thoughts.

I've been saying this area needs Mod lighting badly. Very Dark around it.

#13050 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I know, I was just wondering how much you see it from the players point of view.

You don't see it at all...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/261?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.