(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 377.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

I got my game today, the mini LCD on the apron was upside down out of the box. we fixed
that easily.
Question for any owners when the game takes your picture is there a way to see it later on? When I view the high scores from the day or previous days it just shows our names how do I see the picture again? Or is it only at the time of entering your initials?

if you keep hitting a flipper when not playing the game the menus should eventually get to a page that has several wanted poster photos that detail all of the top scores, scores of the day, individual character scores and other misc 'high scores.'

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

I got my game today, the mini LCD on the apron was upside down out of the box. we fixed
that easily.
Question for any owners when the game takes your picture is there a way to see it later on? When I view the high scores from the day or previous days it just shows our names how do I see the picture again? Or is it only at the time of entering your initials?

OR, maybe the compass was pointing to the thing you want most! Who were you playing with? lol Glad you got it fixed. Odd the mistakes that can happen doing the same thing each day.

#1203 5 years ago

I am in the club...finally! Weather on the east coast delayed my delivery until after Thanksgiving.

-I had a couple switches that needed adjustment out of the box, no big deal at all. The leg bolts were already threaded for me, no issues.
-Had one connector in the backbox that I discovered unplugged during the unboxing and pre-power-on inspection. Re-seated and no issues.
-Lockdown bar lever is a little stiff compared to my other games, it requires some effort to move it.
-My far left upper playfield lantern LED is not seated correctly and therefore is not distributing light evenly like the other three lanterns. I will have to consult Yelobird's tutorial on fixing that.

Quoted from dnaman:

First time I've experienced both displays going out while the pin was on and staying out (displayed were powered but lost video/display signal). I was in-game at the time. Restarted and video came up immediately (FYI for any similar occurrences)

I did have both displays go out while goofing around in the settings>game settings menu...all of a sudden both screens had no video. Could still hear sounds associated with input on the settings buttons inside the coin door. I powered off and on and it resolved itself.

Anyone know where the wheel motor test is? My wheel tests okay, just can't find it in the settings.

IMG_6627 (resized).jpgIMG_6627 (resized).jpgIMG_6629 (resized).jpgIMG_6629 (resized).jpg
#1204 5 years ago

Hey Yelobird, what is the deal with the hangman mod?

I tried mounting on the screw above the right slingshot like your site says, but if you notice...its just slightly different. And because of that, it rubs against the glass so I had to angle it at about 30 degrees just so the glass would clear it. Am I doing something wrong?

IMG_6630 (resized).jpgIMG_6630 (resized).jpgPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop_1024x1024@2x (resized).pngPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop_1024x1024@2x (resized).png
#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Hey Yelobird, what is the deal with the hangman mod?
I tried mounting on the screw above the right slingshot like your site says, but if you notice...its just slightly different. And because of that, it rubs against the glass so I had to angle it at about 30 degrees just so the glass would clear it. Am I doing something wrong?[quoted image][quoted image]

Very sorry I forgot to update that image. Yes, we made a change early on from feedback that it covers the Escape exit to much so we made it taller and it correctly mounts to the screw just above that one towards the top of the exit lane. Will clear fine from there and does not effect site of escape. Will update pics. Game look awesome Congrats!! PM me if you have Any issues!

IMG_1195 (resized).jpgIMG_1195 (resized).jpg
#1206 5 years ago

Anyone else find the animation time to end a chapter when you drain to be rather slow? Feature request: End mode immediately on drain, rather than "wind down". Or allow skipping.

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Very sorry I forgot to update that image. Yes, we made a change early on from feedback that it covers the Escape exit to much so we made it taller and it correctly mounts to the screw just above that one towards the top of the exit lane. Will clear fine from there and does not effect site of escape. Will update pics. Game look awesome Congrats!! PM me if you have Any issues![quoted image]

Ok thanks! That makes sense now.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Ok thanks! That makes sense now.

No thank you for the reminder and feedback. We still make mistakes and your feedback helps us correct them for others. Site image is updated now with a note thanks to you. Enjoy your Awesome game there is So very much to like!!! A few minor tweeks but worth every minute.

#1209 5 years ago

Joined the club! LE #522 is now on location in Trondheim, Norway

There were two issues with the game out of the box:

1) One of the pins in a 12V connector in the backbox was not quite inserted in its housing, so small vibrations could cause 12V to go away. Took some banging to find, but easy enough fix.

2) The right inline on the right side was too narrow for the ball to pass. We tried to see if we could bend the metal wall between the inlines a bit to the left, and it looked like the wireform from the ship was pushing the wall a bit to the right, but we couldn't make this work. The actual solution was to turn the metal wall 180 degrees around. Since the mounting rods are to one side of the wall, this caused the wall to be mounted slightly more to the left, just enough for the ball to pass.

Also, the ceiling is too low for the topper to fit, but that's not JJP's fault

potc-scaled (resized).pngpotc-scaled (resized).png
#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

that easily.

Hey Adam!

I wanted to mention my thought here about the display rotation to see if others know; JJP looks to be rotating the video after startup as mine says VGA upside down on boot, then displays the video right side up.

Regarding the Wanted posters, I only see those in attract mode (but not right out of an 'end of game'. Although, once they are displaying you can scroll forward and reverse with the flipper buttons. I would be cool if you can can get to this right after your game. Friends would get a kick out of it.

#1211 5 years ago

That's correct that we rotate the video and screens are installed upside down by default. Hopefully he was referring to upside down in game, which I assume he was.

The wanted posters don't come up often because there's a lot of them, but I'm moving them sooner in attract mode (it's like in the 4th pass now or something). If you keep hitting the right flipper button, they'll show up eventually. (Or left if you accidentally go past it.)

#1212 5 years ago

@pinball_keefer
dnaman

Hey guys, no it wasn't just the start up VGA notification/boot screen that was upside down. The entire screen was. All animations after start up where being displayed upside down.All tips and game modes etc. Even while playing. After taking it out and flipping it around, its been proper ever since.

Great game so far, super deep. VERY VERY disappointing there's no movie sound clips of characters, or the infamous theme song. In fact I still can't believe it and im hoping its hidden somewhere, because oh man its like a starwars game without the opening crawl music. *facepalm*

#1213 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

End mode immediately on drain, rather than "wind down". Or allow skipping.

pinball_keefer Is there a setting for this. I thought I saw something about turning the instruction off for after ball drain. Would that shorten the time after ball drain to relaunch?
I enjoy seeing the instructions and for newbies its a must. But I can see after you know what you are doing you could turn the instructional off.

#1214 5 years ago

about the sound and music ,is there a way to add your own, ala pinsound card? if not now maybe in the future ?

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

about the sound and music ,is there a way to add your own, ala pinsound card? if not now maybe in the future ?

It's more complicated than that... On Bally / Williams / Date East / Sega and Stern Whitestar you can put a Pinsound inside.
On Stern SAM / Spike 1-2 you can use a software like PinballBrowser to custom music / sound (i did that on Star Wars...)
But on a JJP i'm not sure if the solution exists
David Thiel did a great job on music but a POTC without Hans Zimmer is like Star Wars without John Williams.

#1216 5 years ago

Eric’s team has been asked about those Disney assets before and the answer was always the same. I guess they offered Disney ‘the moon’ but Disney said no. The movies are literred with rum and sword fighting, yet this game only has some rum bottles breaking, some inserts with rum graphics, pop bumpers that look like rum kegs, and a plastic pirate with his sword sheathed that spins. The first thing I imagined when I saw this game revealed was a ‘drunken pirate’ mode. Thank you Eric (and Devs) for what you did squeeze in there!

Sorry to disagree with you those of you on the music and movie clips. I have to say ‘THANK GOD’ they didn’t put the movie clips in there. If I wanted to watch the movie, I’d watch the movie. My biggest gripe of GOTG is the looping movie clips. And to see those over and over would drive me crazy.
I love the Hans Zimmer, Klause Badelt, and Geoff Zanelli theme music so much that I bought all of the soundtracks on iTunes. But the fact that the devs went above and beyond at getting their composer, David Theil to create as much music as he did, all the variations paired with the different events being played out in-game...is one of my biggest appreciations of this game. The music sounds like it could be the soundtrack to a sixth movie (if they ever did one).

I will agree it might have been nice to hear the classic Disney ‘pirates life for me’ theme, curious why that wasn’t included since the lyrics are on the outline plastics.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Eric’s team has been asked about those Disney assets before and the answer was always the same. I guess they offered Disney ‘the moon’ but Disney said no. The movies are literred with rum and sword fighting, yet this game only has some rum bottles breaking, some inserts with rum graphics, pop bumpers that look like rum kegs, and a plastic pirate with his sword sheathed that spins. The first thing I imagined when I saw this game revealed was a ‘drunken pirate’ mode. Thank you Eric (and Devs) for what you did squeeze in there!
Sorry to disagree with you those of you on the music and movie clips. I have to say ‘THANK GOD’ they didn’t put the movie clips in there. If I wanted to watch the movie, I’d watch the movie. My biggest gripe of GOTG is the looping movie clips. And to see those over and over would drive me crazy.
I love the Hans Zimmer, Klause Badelt, and Geoff Zanelli theme music so much that I bought all of the soundtracks on iTunes. But the fact that the devs went above and beyond at getting their composer, David Theil to create as much music as he did, all the variations paired with the different events being played out in-game...is one of my biggest appreciations of this game. The music sounds like it could be the soundtrack to a sixth movie (if they ever did one).
I will agree it might have been nice to hear the classic Disney ‘pirates life for me’ theme, curious why that wasn’t included since the lyrics are on the outline plastics.

There is a setting for attract and game over music that does nothing at the moment. I’m hoping/wishing they can get the Disney Pirates life for me music for attract and game over music. This would be perfect for this game and as you said it’s already on the plastics. Disney should want that added to the game!

#1218 5 years ago

Could the East India Trad co logo be clear so the light can shine through. If so I would like two please!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I understand what you mean and once more i love David Thiel's work but some licensed musics would be most appreciated

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Sooo agree with your post. For me clip art and video clip pasting just seems like the easy solution and more a movie promotion then a Pinball creation. I absolutely love and appreciate the animations and sound tracks JJP (David Theil) created for this pin. Outstanding really. To say "but this is the theme song I was expecting" to me would make it boring and predictable. To compose, create, and implement something of this quality must have been a major feat. To copy and paste would not be as impressive. I (like everyone) knew what I was getting and quite frankly they blew away my expectations in every way. Some crazy talent on that team.

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

pinball_keefer
dnaman
Great game so far, super deep. VERY VERY disappointing there's no movie sound clips of characters, or the infamous theme song. In fact I still can't believe it and im hoping its hidden somewhere, because oh man its like a starwars game without the opening crawl music. *facepalm*

Im pretty sure that dealing a license with Disney is the same type of joy as trying to sell pork chops at a bar mitzvah.

#1222 5 years ago

I was 100% disappointed about the lack of licensed music and callouts... until I got the game.

Now, I'm blown away by the music. It makes the game more of a generic-feeling pirate theme, which I'm okay with. And I say that as a lover of licensed themes.

Sure, having the main theme play at some point would be AWESOME, but the music and sounds that are in this game is astounding. I REALLY thought I'd miss the Pirates music in the game and it's just a non-issue. This game is great.

#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Could the East India Trad co logo be clear so the light can shine through. If so I would like two please!!
[quoted image]

That is Great feedback and a fairly simple request to create another solution. I will make another option Today that has the lettering removed so the illumination glows the letters and symbol. We still like and will continue to offer the hand paint detailed option for this but your suggestion will add a more personal touch. Thank you!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

#1224 5 years ago

I agree the music is great, I was more interested in the call outs by more then just gibbs . I really injoy TAF call outs by both the actors.

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I agree the music is great, I was more interested in the call outs by more then just gibbs . I really injoy TAF call outs by both the actors.

You're not wrong... the callouts in classic Bally Williams games are pretty stellar. I couldn't imagine ST:TNG without all the actors. But I'm happy not having a bunch of samples pulled from the movies.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m hoping/wishing they can get the Disney Pirates life for me music for attract and game over music.

That's a great idea and would make a killer attract mode!

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I am in the club...finally! Weather on the east coast delayed my delivery until after Thanksgiving.
-I had a couple switches that needed adjustment out of the box, no big deal at all. The leg bolts were already threaded for me, no issues.
-Had one connector in the backbox that I discovered unplugged during the unboxing and pre-power-on inspection. Re-seated and no issues.
-Lockdown bar lever is a little stiff compared to my other games, it requires some effort to move it.
-My far left upper playfield lantern LED is not seated correctly and therefore is not distributing light evenly like the other three lanterns. [quoted image][quoted image]

And ... your PinGulps are in the wrong position.

Congrats - enjoy your POTC!

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

[quoted image]

Took a few hours but your recommendation is done. Option 4 is now available with Through cut letters/sign with gel lense defuser applied. Lights nicely granted hard to photograph with the lights off. lol Available now from our store at no additional cost. Thanks again for the feedback and Thanks to all for your interest and support!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_1560 (resized).jpgIMG_1560 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1563 (resized).jpgIMG_1563 (resized).jpg
#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

And ... your PinGulps are in the wrong position.
Congrats - enjoy your POTC!

Haha....I intentionally installed them on the left leg. It's so I can drink and plunge at same time.

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

That's a great idea and would make a killer attract mode!

Sure would be, how would that not make you want to step up and drop some money in?

Hopefully these setting get utilized with an update.

#1231 5 years ago

You know with the affordability of Wireless cards now I'm surprised they don't put an adapter in this machine then you could hook it up online and compare scores world wide or Nationwide. I mean that would be a fun feature I'd be willing to spend an extra 80 bucks on to have the wireless adapter installed.

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Took a few hours but your recommendation is done. Option 4 is now available with Through cut letters/sign with gel lense defuser applied. Lights nicely granted hard to photograph with the lights off. lol Available now from our store at no additional cost. Thanks again for the feedback and Thanks to all for your interest and support!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW that was fast... now a... how we coming on tortuga tina?

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

You know with the affordability of Wireless cards now I'm surprised they don't put an adapter in this machine

Ya gotta figure this is coming. Pretty big advantages to having Internet connectivity. Reporting errors/status/earnings from locations, downloading updates. Maybe put a bitcoin miner in there

How long until we see DLC for our pins?

#1234 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

WOW that was fast... now a... how we coming on tortuga tina?

Lol Yeah I presented that to Mrs Mod Couple and just got that Looook. So my guess is Tina won't be happening. We are however Considering a Jack (ish) looking figure (she was fine with that??) for our Standard JJP buyers.

#1235 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol Yeah I presented that to Mrs Mod Couple and just got that Looook. So my guess is Tina won't be happening. We are however Considering a Jack (ish) looking figure (she was fine with that??) for our Standard JJP buyers.

Push a little bit harder for Tina.

780FD73F-007F-44FF-9BC2-8AC57617278A (resized).jpeg780FD73F-007F-44FF-9BC2-8AC57617278A (resized).jpeg
#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

TMC, is it possible to get this extruded and clear or white as opposed to cut out? That is what I envisioned by the suggestion, just like you rum bottle (white or clear)

#1237 5 years ago

When exactly does the camera take your picture for a high score? I thought it would allow me to make a silly face as I hit the action button on END to enter my initials....but it seems to have captured my ugly non-staged expression.

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

well your leaving a lot of money on the table... that tortuga tom is ugly. It could be waist up like tom. I didn't say she had to be topless. it could be tastefully done.. If your not interested maybe someone else could pick up the baton!

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

When exactly does the camera take your picture for a high score? I thought it would allow me to make a silly face as I hit the action button on END to enter my initials....but it seems to have captured my ugly non-staged expression.

Pretty sure it takes it when you hit END, however it also uses facial detection, so if your face is too distorted to be recognized, it reverts to a picture taken earlier (when you're entering?)

J.

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

pinball_keefer
dnaman
Hey guys, no it wasn't just the start up VGA notification/boot screen that was upside down. The entire screen was. All animations after start up where being displayed upside down.All tips and game modes etc. Even while playing. After taking it out and flipping it around, its been proper ever since.

The theme song is infamous?

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dead men tell no tales! There be No stainless cannons on me pirate ship! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Pirate Cannon mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Black Pearl for battle! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine ship. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod Shipping NOW!!! Fire the cannons at those Scurvy dogs!! Available now from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks for your interest and support!!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks Great

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

TMC, is it possible to get this extruded and clear or white as opposed to cut out? That is what I envisioned by the suggestion, just like you rum bottle (white or clear)

Clear would really take away from the goal of matching the correct barrel theme. Not sure they had many clear barrels in piratey days. lol For now those selections are what we are going with and possibly a Jack type replacement character barrel in time. The Beating heart and Rum barrels are selling as fast as we can make them for that we thank everyone!

#1244 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Clear would really take away from the goal of matching the correct barrel theme. Not sure they had many clear barrels in piratey days. lol For now those selections are what we are going with and possibly a Jack type replacement character barrel in time. The Beating heart and Rum barrels are selling as fast as we can make them for that we thank everyone!

I don't think he meant clear barrels, I think he meant the letters to be clear or milky plastic as an insert in the barrel instead of the letters just being cut out of the barrel itself.

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Pretty sure it takes it when you hit END, however it also uses facial detection, so if your face is too distorted to be recognized, it reverts to a picture taken earlier (when you're entering?)
J.

You were correct. I just had to get a bit closer to the camera and now its taking pics as soon as you select the action button on END.

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't think he meant clear barrels, I think he meant the letters to be clear or milky plastic as an insert in the barrel instead of the letters just being cut out of the barrel itself.

Yes, clear letters (and/or embossed/raised, like I mentioned). I wasn't thinking 'authentic' or a fully clear barrel, if this is what you thought @Yelobird. I was just thinking of seeing the logo lit up and instead of a Silver raised logo, a clear or milky white raised logo that would glow beautifully. (I don't know if you use a clear or translucent material so this is why I am asking)

When I saw the cut out logo, it doesn't seem like you can make it out while playing and in that instance, I'm not sure that would be authentic either. Regardless, it seemed like a logic suggestion.

More importantly, can the top right pop bumper plastic area fit the heart topped barrel for instance?

#1247 5 years ago

Now that I've settled in and played a lot more games I do a few other criticisms besides Sound of Music. Actually not very many. Super happy with this game and it's going to be one of the best in my collection and no time it's so insanely fun.

That being said I found a majority of the game modes, because I haven't even played them all yet, are not very intuitive. I know this is an unfair comparison but let's say Lord of the Rings when you're playing a game mode like escaping the ringwraiths, or battling the Tower with the ents, it actually feels like you're doing those things when you're hitting the shots. Most game modes on playing now or just hit these three shots. Some elaborate name for the mode and it's just hit those two shots hit those three shots it doesn't feel very thematic or intuitive at all.

#1248 5 years ago

Regarding the question about the digital camera. I've noticed it takes it at different times too. I think it might have to do with the software I'm pretty sure uses facial recognition software. For instance I Stood Beside my buddy when they went to take his picture and it just took a picture of my face only. So maybe mine took up the majority of the facial recognition software. When I tried to cover my face for a picture to see what would happen it used an image of me from earlier play. So I guess it tries to take it at the end of the game and try to take your picture if it can find a face if it can't find a face I think it goes back to during gameplay. If that makes sense? I'm using voice to text so my spelling might be off here

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Yes, clear letters (and/or embossed/raised, like I mentioned). I wasn't thinking 'authentic' or a fully clear barrel, if this is what you thought Yelobird. I was just thinking of seeing the logo lit up and instead of a Silver raised logo, a clear or milky white raised logo that would glow beautifully. (I don't know if you use a clear or translucent material so this is why I am asking)
When I saw the cut out logo, it doesn't seem like you can make it out while playing and in that instance, I'm not sure that would be authentic either. Regardless, it seemed like a logic suggestion.
More importantly, can the top right pop bumper plastic area fit the heart topped barrel for instance?

Yes, the Beating heart barrel can fit in any position. Only the Rum barrel cap is to tall for the rear right position. Thanks.

#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Took a few hours but your recommendation is done

I'm in for two!! Can't wait, those originals look kinda shoddy next to the other two. Which look amazing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/25?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.