(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 378.
#12901 4 years ago

Question....there's a part in the game when it says to shoot the moving/roving arrow....what is the color of the arrow as I can't figure it out, as there seems to be other arrows flashing

#12902 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Question....there's a part in the game when it says to shoot the moving/roving arrow....what is the color of the arrow as I can't figure it out, as there seems to be other arrows flashing

The only one that pops to mind is the roving arrow for jackpot on Dead Men Tell No Tales (movie 5) multiball. I think the arrow is purple. It can be difficult to identify it flashing if there’s a bunch of stuff going on at the same time (like other MB jackpots using the same arrow at the same time). After you hit it then the Depths lights for a super jackpot.

#12903 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The only one that pops to mind is the roving arrow for jackpot on Dead Men Tell No Tales (movie 5) multiball. I think the arrow is purple. It can be difficult to identify it flashing if there’s a bunch of stuff going on at the same time (like other MB jackpots using the same arrow at the same time). After you hit it then the Depths lights for a super jackpot.

that's good to know it's Purple and the Super in Depths...thx

#12904 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Just watch this video starting at the 18 minute mark. This is the best example I've ever seen recorded of all the play insanity of POTC. Being able to set "plundering" to cut-throat is brilliant. And once you understanding what that is, you'll understand why it's the best pin ever made.

This video literally got me to buy this game!!

#12905 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I've always hated having the plain tab on the Maelstrom after installing PMC's hidden switch but didn't want to cut it off in case I wanted to go back to stock. Found one of my ships from my board game fits perfectly, and the tab on the bottom of the ship that is used to fit in the board game base fits perfect on the ramp. Just wanted to share![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same idea, did not want to cut the plastic (too risky), but needed something to cover the ugly plastic piece. Originally also wanted a plain ship, but found a nice ship in a bottle. Then noticed that the black pearl was in a bottle in one movie as well, so that it fits to the theme.

034B0BD6-4A3B-40B8-8A68-6D475A859FD1 (resized).jpeg034B0BD6-4A3B-40B8-8A68-6D475A859FD1 (resized).jpeg1FD43333-D654-432F-AD2A-1784E352FE3B (resized).jpeg1FD43333-D654-432F-AD2A-1784E352FE3B (resized).jpeg
#12906 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They look great....I'm shocked there was enough room to install them. Mine could barely fit game blades. Hope they don't get all scratched up raising and lowering the play field.

There was no room in my POTC for installing mirror blades in a „normal“ way. However, I really wanted the mirror effect so I installled them not at the full side with the playfield sliding along, but as a top installation on the playfield side. Ok, I have to move them out before raising the playfield, but this is an easy job. You need to cut them at the down side, which needs to be done by your blade supplier. They are fixed at the hinge posts and at the front.

So that is a solution for anybody who wants mirror blades while having narrow space.

3972995E-AE77-4A6F-BB41-463E01C2DC29 (resized).jpeg3972995E-AE77-4A6F-BB41-463E01C2DC29 (resized).jpeg469B3A96-B426-4162-BA85-78056D5D8A28 (resized).jpeg469B3A96-B426-4162-BA85-78056D5D8A28 (resized).jpeg98407DFF-5970-457D-8285-8D2EE942AD28 (resized).jpeg98407DFF-5970-457D-8285-8D2EE942AD28 (resized).jpeg
#12907 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I had the same idea, did not want to cut the plastic (too risky), but needed something to cover the ugly plastic piece. Originally also wanted a plain ship, but found a nice ship in a bottle. Then noticed that the black pearl was in a bottle in one movie as well, so that it fits to the theme.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! Well done. It would be awesome if there was a way to miniturize the CE topper and have it there!

#12908 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

That looks great! Well done. It would be awesome if there was a way to miniturize the CE topper and have it there!

I would love to have the CE topper on my LE in original size.

#12909 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Yes, you and all the rest of us!

#12910 4 years ago

I just thought how cool would it be if there was a Easter egg when in sneak 2 balls up to the chest on 1 lock. Currently it just gives the second ball back

#12911 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I just thought how cool would it be if there was a Easter egg when in sneak 2 balls up to the chest on 1 lock. Currently it just gives the second ball back

It should then let you lock it!
229BD32B-9F41-4BE1-BFC5-CD723A59520C (resized).jpeg229BD32B-9F41-4BE1-BFC5-CD723A59520C (resized).jpeg

#12912 4 years ago

Omg that would be the Easter egg that line from the movie then it starts the multiball.

#12913 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

So with all the incredible mods everyone has been making, I'm suprised no one has tried to make one

#12914 4 years ago

To be honest I’ve been trying to learn 3D modeling to start making some toppers. Personally not too impressed with “most” of the built in toppers these days and the aftermarket ones are just kinda meh for me. With that being said the ce topper for potc looks cool not so much the se and le. My idea for potc would be a black pearl replica. Cannon doors would open and close with some lighting effects when they open. Would also like to come up with an impractical topper. For example a wonka factory topper that you can put a dish of water in and some dry ice to have smoking factory. Impractical but fun.

#12915 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

To be honest I’ve been trying to learn 3D modeling to start making some toppers. Personally not too impressed with “most” of the built in toppers these days and the aftermarket ones are just kinda meh for me. With that being said the ce topper for potc looks cool not so much the se and le. My idea for potc would be a black pearl replica. Cannon doors would open and close with some lighting effects when they open. Would also like to come up with an impractical topper. For example a wonka factory topper that you can put a dish of water in and some dry ice to have smoking factory. Impractical but fun.

I’d love to see someone make a topper out of whatever Blackbeard’s ship is called in the movie. That thing was nuts!!

#12917 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Got a chance to work on the final solution for the sagging monitor issue on my LE by making some wedges. I took a 1x2 and cut it to the appropriate lengths of 1-13/16". I also cut a 22.5deg bevel on the top front edge. I then screwed and glued a 2-1/2" piece of masonite to the back to act as a stop. I then used my pocket-hole jig and drilled the mounting holes. After some gloss black spray paint they look like this:
[quoted image]
After the paint dried I took the wedges to the pin and placed them in place, clamping them lightly to the monitor, and then mounted them with the pocket screws. The final result looks like this:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Monitor is now perfectly centered in the frame and backglass window.

Mine arrived NIB with a monitor sag problem. JJP (finally) addressed the issue and figured that the monitor bracket / mount got bent during shipment. They sent me a new one and that fixed my issue.

But in looking at the monitor mount, it looks like it maybe possible to flip it over upside down and install it - I did not confirm this. The center screw has a key, and I suspect that might be a problem with the screw head being centered in the key hole. A large washer should fix that.

#12920 4 years ago

Rdoyle1978 was looking for Queen Anne's Revenge, not the Black Pearl.

Nice Black Pearl though.

LTG : )

#12921 4 years ago

24" long!! That's massive! Would make an excellent topper!! Wonder if it would fit in one of those fish bowls aka WH2O/FT so you wouldn't need to dust it

#12922 4 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Mine arrived NIB with a monitor sag problem. JJP (finally) addressed the issue and figured that the monitor bracket / mount got bent during shipment. They sent me a new one and that fixed my issue.
But in looking at the monitor mount, it looks like it maybe possible to flip it over upside down and install it - I did not confirm this. The center screw has a key, and I suspect that might be a problem with the screw head being centered in the key hole. A large washer should fix that.

yes they fitted a bunch upside down

#12923 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

There was no room in my POTC for installing mirror blades in a „normal“ way. However, I really wanted the mirror effect so I installled them not at the full side with the playfield sliding along, but as a top installation on the playfield side. Ok, I have to move them out before raising the playfield, but this is an easy job. You need to cut them at the down side, which needs to be done by your blade supplier. They are fixed at the hinge posts and at the front.
So that is a solution for anybody who wants mirror blades while having narrow space.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

i successfully installed standars mirrors sides on mine, was very just but its ok!

#12924 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They look great....I'm shocked there was enough room to install them. Mine could barely fit game blades. Hope they don't get all scratched up raising and lowering the play field.

you should use it, i use it for all mines

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#12925 4 years ago

Like many others have done, I installed the Tilt Graphics GameBlades on my POTC and the fit was very tight. I wonder if the protectors would even fit? Over time I've damaged both sides when lowering the playfield at a slight angle, so now I'm thinking of getting a new set (hoping the PinGraffix go on sale this month).

#12926 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

yes they fitted a bunch upside down

Mine did not appear to be installed upside down as the key hole was oriented correctly. Plus the new one I installed, that fixed the monitor sag issue for me, was installed the same way.

IMHO, the way to tell if the monitor mount was installed upside down would be to look at the center screw and the key. If the large hole in the key is at the bottom, and the slot is at the top, the monitor mount is installed correctly - not that I know that the mount being installed upside down would cause a sag.

However, if your monitor is sagging, and if that is caused from the monitor mount being bent, then removing the monitor and the mount, flipping the mount upside down and reinstalling the mount might, maybe, fix the sag problem.

#12927 4 years ago

I have a set of these, and their somewhat useless on POTC....they do however work great on my other games....

#12928 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have a set of these, and their somewhat useless on POTC....they do however work great on my other games....

I use these on my POTC with mirror blades and while snug they work perfectly. Have yet to get a scratch. Great buy.

#12929 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I use these on my POTC with mirror blades and while snug they work perfectly. Have yet to get a scratch. Great buy.

I ruined my first pair of art blades for my JJPOTC. Then got the pinball life protectors and installed a second set. With the protectors, I haven't had a problem. They are super snug and I did add an extra couple of magnets to help.

#12930 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

24" long!! That's massive! Would make an excellent topper!! Wonder if it would fit in one of those fish bowls aka WH2O/FT so you wouldn't need to dust it

Ebay has lots of display cases for ship models.

LTG : )

#12931 4 years ago

I got to ”Don’t Betray the Compass” wizard mode last night. It ended quick and I still dont know what to do. Is it just hitting the shots that line up with where the compass is pointing?

#12932 4 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I got to ”Don’t Betray the Compass” wizard mode last night. It ended quick and I still dont know what to do. Is it just hitting the shots that line up with where the compass is pointing?

Which one is that? Is that the Curse of the Black Pearl wizard mode?

#12933 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which one is that? Is that the Curse of the Black Pearl wizard mode?

Dead men tell no tales

#12934 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ok let see if I remember all of this.
Curse of the black pearl wiz mode
Goal to retrieve 886 pieces of gold. Best way to collect the gold is via spinners and after 120~ gold you have to shoot a lt shot to change locations. Mode ends when all pieces are collected.
Dead mans chest wi mode.
Goal hit a bunch of inner loops while keeping “tentacles down”. If you can hit the loops fast enough you do not have to worry about fighting off the tentacles. After 18~ loops you get to kill the kraken. Do not remember but pretty sure it’s 18 loops then star map shot to finish
Devil’s Triangle wiz mode
Goal hit 5-6 lits shots before timer runs out. Also missing shots count against you on this one. Miss 3-5 shots and mode ends. This one is easy as all it is is hitting a few shots to end mode.
At worlds end wiz mode.
Goal is to try to get to the upside down. Starting mode half of play field is red half is blue. You are trying to get the ship to turn over. Blue shots progress this and red shots hinder this. Every correct shot you make the colors swap. So after hitting a blue shot all of the red shots become blue and the blue shots no one red. Hit the correct shot 5-6 times and the ship fully turns over. Can’t remember if there is 1 more shot after doing that to complete mode.
Last but not least. Fountain of youth wizard mode. This is the most in depth wiz mode currently in game. Mode starts with 5 lit shots. You must hit all 5 shots in like 30 seconds to advance. After hitting the 5 shots I think it was shoot a inner loop shot. After that was done you had to shoot stat map to end mode. I don’t remember the actual shots it asked for but when you do mode the first 5 shots are lit. Then the shots it asks for after first part are shown in the bottom right of screen.
Hopefully this helps

Couldn’t figure out how to just link post. This is a rundown of how the wizard modes work

#12935 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Couldn’t figure out how to just link post. This is a rundown of how the wizard modes work

Awesome, thank you so much!

#12936 4 years ago

Wanted to share a quick and easy solution for the plunger hitting the auto launch Mech. All I did was take some furnature/glass protectors and put them between the button of playfield and the auto fife assembly. They are rubber and super thin. Needed 2 to make it clear. Zero problems since and took all of a few seconds to install. Auto plunger works better than ever now and no more rubbing when using the plunger for skill shots.

678A8AC9-EEFD-414A-8CF4-2A19FF9FB727 (resized).jpeg678A8AC9-EEFD-414A-8CF4-2A19FF9FB727 (resized).jpeg42E58E05-D832-427D-9962-7BA05CDAAAA7 (resized).jpeg42E58E05-D832-427D-9962-7BA05CDAAAA7 (resized).jpeg127996A1-64F7-4385-BDA3-AC6B165DBA5F (resized).jpeg127996A1-64F7-4385-BDA3-AC6B165DBA5F (resized).jpeg
#12937 4 years ago

Neat fix! Ease update us if the furniture protector gate chewed up really quickly. If no they is a neat way to adjust that mech without a lot of work.

#12938 4 years ago

Lately the ball hangs in Jack chapter start and nothing happens until the anti jammer ball control kicks in. What can i do?

IMG_0077 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_0077 (002) (resized).jpg
#12939 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Lately the ball hangs in Jack chapter start and nothing happens until the anti jammer ball control kicks in. What can i do?[quoted image]

This does the trick to solve that issue:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/227#post-5094603

This is the sleeve I put on mine. You have to take the Black Pearl off to get at it but it's a great idea to do it to prevent balls sticking between the sling post and the star map entry post and to prevent wear on the sling rubber. (note you don't have to dremel the post to make it work).

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-5151

#12940 4 years ago

EaglePin thnx!

Ive also have an forgotten problem with the left ship. It keeps hanging to the left and dont comes back into the normal position after shooting the ball against it. It's not the upperdeck holding it back. When I manually push the ship to the left, it will not return to its normal position. What to do?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#12941 4 years ago

The ship is getting caught up on the upper decking. To remove decking is only 2 screws. You can either bend the bracket a hair or remove decking from bracket and add a couple washers to raise it.

#12942 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

eaglepin thnx!
Ive also have an forgotten problem with the left ship. It keeps hanging to the left and dont comes back into the normal position after shooting the ball against it. It's not the upperdeck holding it back. When I manually push the ship to the left, it will not return to its normal position. What to do?[quoted image][quoted image]

There’s a playfield post in the center of the loop under the ship where it could be getting hung up. Take the top of the ship off to inspect. The screws to remove it are behind the backboard and you need to lift the back of the playfield to slide it out. The prior owner removed the post on my game and it doesn’t effect the shot.

#12943 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This does the trick to solve that issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/227#post-5094603
This is the sleeve I put on mine. You have to take the Black Pearl off to get at it but it's a great idea to do it to prevent balls sticking between the sling post and the star map entry post and to prevent wear on the sling rubber. (note you don't have to dremel the post to make it work).
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-5151

Are these glue-able? I’m hesitant to take off my ship as it’s running SO well right now. Don’t want to tweak anything. Wondering if I can split one and superglue it back together after slipping it on. I know, lazy...

#12944 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Are these glue-able? I’m hesitant to take off my ship as it’s running SO well right now. Don’t want to tweak anything. Wondering if I can split one and superglue it back together after slipping it on. I know, lazy...

I don’t know if that would work or not. That spot takes direct hits all the time. I’d think it would give out kind of quickly from taking a pounding, but I don’t know. You could just buy the post and a replacement rubber for the sling and then just put them on the next time you need to take the ship off for something else.

I definitely understand your hesitation. I used to feel the exact same way about taking the ship off. But now I’ve done it 3 or 4 times in the past couple months for various things and it isn’t that bad anymore. The tricky part is still getting the eyelets lined up when putting it back on, but even that goes a little smoother with practice.

#12945 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don’t know if that would work or not. That spot takes direct hits all the time. I’d think it would give out kind of quickly from taking a pounding, but I don’t know. You could just buy the post and a replacement rubber for the sling and then just put them on the next time you need to take the ship off for something else.
I definitely understand your hesitation. I used to feel the exact same way about taking the ship off. But now I’ve done it 3 or 4 times in the past couple months for various things and it isn’t that bad anymore. The tricky part is still getting the eyelets lined up when putting it back on, but even that goes a little smoother with practice.

Yeah. It would be my first time. And it’s all running so well right now I just don’t want to poke the bear!!

I like your idea of having it on hand. Did you say a new post is necessary? I missed that. I thought it was just the rubber sleeve?

#12946 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah. It would be my first time. And it’s all running so well right now I just don’t want to poke the bear!!
I like your idea of having it on hand. Did you say a new post is necessary? I missed that. I thought it was just the rubber sleeve?

No need for a new post. Just the sleeve. Nothing needs to be done to the old post except put the sleeve over it.

#12947 4 years ago

Hey guys this volume control in the front of the machine on my POTC CE, is there a way it can control the main volume like it does on my Dialed In ,or is it only for headphone use?

#12948 4 years ago

my front volume buttons control main volume of machine. There is probly a setting in menu for what it does (assuming)

#12949 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

my front volume buttons control main volume of machine. There is probly a setting in menu for what it does (assuming)

Mine is same

#12950 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys this volume control in the front of the machine on my POTC CE, is there a way it can control the main volume like it does on my Dialed In ,or is it only for headphone use?

it controls the main volume. Should be doing so already by default

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/259?hl=izzy24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.