(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 378.
#12851 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I was told they were going to keep stocking parts they had just run out of parts. I was initially worried about this as well but Shannon told me they were going to restock.

I hope your correct , but as of last week they were still out of wire forms ....

#12852 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I was told they were going to keep stocking parts they had just run out of parts. I was initially worried about this as well but Shannon told me they were going to restock.

Hopefully so. It was always a concern owning jjp games, but especially with potc and the low amount of Machines. I do hope a re-run is done, but if not, I'll be looking for a huo LE but not at crazy high pricing.

#12853 4 years ago

So, I've now also found an SE for sale... about $6k cheaper than the CE!! The question I'd like to ask you knowledgeable and helpful people is, what do I really lose out on for that 6k? Sure, I can see the comparison list, but do those things mean that much to the overall enjoyment of the game? Things like invisiglass can be bought of course, but how much of the other missing stuff can be got elsewhere? And are the cool mods available applicable to the SE? If you had the SE, what would you miss the most compared to the CE? My only other option seems to be a CE... Thanks for all the help guys, I feel I'm one step closer to owning one of these!!

#12854 4 years ago

I have a SE, and I have never missed anything. The game is awesome right out of the box.

#12855 4 years ago

This has been discussed to death. I am so happy that this game is not a DVD player. Keep the videos perfectly short. Love the game, and the videos. It is perfect.

#12856 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

So, I've now also found an SE for sale... about $6k cheaper than the CE!! The question I'd like to ask you knowledgeable and helpful people is, what do I really lose out on for that 6k? Sure, I can see the comparison list, but do those things mean that much to the overall enjoyment of the game? Things like invisiglass can be bought of course, but how much of the other missing stuff can be got elsewhere? And are the cool mods available applicable to the SE? If you had the SE, what would you miss the most compared to the CE? My only other option seems to be a CE... Thanks for all the help guys, I feel I'm one step closer to owning one of these!!

I think the two main items you miss out on in the Standard is the Starfield (which I personally don't use in my LE), and the small LCD Screen near the action button which imitates Captain Jack Sparrow's mysterious compass (which I do use slightly). Other than that - everything else on the playfield is the same (I think). So I do not believe you'll suffer any lack of game play with a standard. I'd jump on it at that price, because as I mentioned before - the Standard Run was the lowest and rarest run of the 3 designs. ; )

#12857 4 years ago

I've now got access to 2 SEs and 3 CEs my side of the pond so the cool mods are applicable to both the SE and the CEs? Has any of the missing stuff been produced by the modders to add to SE games? (or possibly even for sale through JJP). I missed any discussions on this, so please forgive me if I'm asking questions that have already been discussed... reading back through 257 pages is a daunting task...

#12858 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Possible but a WOZ license is not the same as a Disney license.

Exactly!! I agree as with Stern and a vault edition Tron would be nice but probably not going to happen. I am sure the fee for renewing license is through the roof!

#12859 4 years ago

I've now got access to 2 SEs and 3 CEs my side of the pond so the cool mods are applicable to both the SE and the CEs? Has any of the missing stuff been produced by the modders to add to SE games? (or possibly even for sale through JJP). I missed any discussions on this, so please forgive me if I'm asking questions that have already been discussed... reading back through 257 pages is a daunting task...

Use keyword search for the thread and you’ll find the information you’re interested in without having to read every page.

#12860 4 years ago

Dang! Lots of new posts, thought there was a code update. Not cool, guys!

#12861 4 years ago

So, I've now also found an SE for sale... about $6k cheaper than the CE!! The question I'd like to ask you knowledgeable and helpful people is, what do I really lose out on for that 6k?

You shouldn't limit yourself to an LE/CE IMHO. I've played both versions extensively and I ended up buying an SE. I saved a lot of money that way and I am extremely happy with it. There aren't really any gameplay differences minus the star map and honestly hardly anyone understands and/or uses it anyway. And to compensate, it shows you the shots on the playfield to replace it. In fact, as far as LE features, I would go as far as to say that the color changing GI in the LE is a negative for me. Having the GI light up the whole game neon pink and all colors of the rainbow on the LE works on a theme like WOZ, but just honestly doesn't fit a darker Pirate themed game well. All the inserts still color change on the SE anyway.

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I think the two main items you miss out on in the Standard is the Starfield (which I personally don't use in my LE), and the small LCD Screen near the action button which imitates Captain Jack Sparrow's mysterious compass (which I do use slightly). Other than that - everything else on the playfield is the same (I think). So I do not believe you'll suffer any lack of game play with a standard. I'd jump on it at that price, because as I mentioned before - the Standard Run was the lowest and rarest run of the 3 designs. ; )

The SE has the LCD screen in the apron.

#12862 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I think the two main items you miss out on in the Standard is the Starfield (which I personally don't use in my LE), and the small LCD Screen near the action button which imitates Captain Jack Sparrow's mysterious compass (which I do use slightly).

The standard we used to have on location had the mini LCD compass in the apron . It was an early one so I’m not sure if that ended up getting changed later in the manufacturing run???

I always thought the biggest ‘gameplay’ differences were the aforementioned starfield and the color changing GI lighting.

#12863 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

The standard we used to have on location had the mini LCD compass in the apron . It was an early one so I’m not sure if that ended up getting changed later in the manufacturing run???
I always thought the biggest ‘gameplay’ differences were the aforementioned starfield and the color changing GI lighting.

The LCD on the apron is on the SE on all games that came out of the factory. There’s really no “gameplay” differences. The star map is not integral to the game, and the GI lighting is really nice (totally disagree it doesn’t enhance the game), but it does not subtract from the game itself.

That said, the LE includes Invisiglass, a shaker, nicer powder coated armor, and the aforementioned playfield changes. The cost difference is pretty minimal when considering these additional (costly!) items. The Invisiglass is REALLY nice to have on this game, with so many things so close to the glass.

You
May want to consider what happens if you try to sell - I’m sure given the scarcity you’d be able to sell the SE, but an LE sale is a guarantee. Especially if they do return to production.

#12864 4 years ago

I think the LE was actually an excellent deal vs the SE at only $1k more for a number of functional (glass, shaker, etc.) and cosmetic differences, but unless the CE art package is a must-have the price premium is steep. Like others have said, there is nothing on the SE other than RGB GI lighting that you couldn’t add. The star map mod available from PMC isn’t tied to gameplay but looks as good or better than factory.

I’m really surprised so many games are still available there, especially the SE’s. Some CE sales have also apparently been shipped back to the States at pretty good pricing. Assume the POTC franchise was equally popular in EU.

#12865 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m sure given the scarcity you’d be able to sell the SE, but an LE sale is a guarantee.

The SE is actually more scarce than the LE.

#12866 4 years ago

The Rad-Cals and topper on the CE are easily worth paying about $1k more IMO, but the CE art package and armor design are really in the eye of the beholder.

#12867 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Yes, but nobody is going to pay more for a SE than a LE because "it is more rare". Many Stern premiums are more rare than the corresponding LE, that doesn't make them more desirable.

The LE's are in demand and were/are a bargain compared to the SE for what you got. The SE is still a terrific game, but most will choose to go that little bit extra in the rare times you actually have two of these games to choose from.

#12868 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yes, but nobody is going to pay more for a SE most will choose to go that little bit extra in the rare times you actually have two of these games to choose from.

I agree. I have an SE with all the mod upgrades plus a powdercoat that's nicer than the LE. I know buyers still prefer the LE.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Many Stern premiums are more rare than the corresponding LE, that doesn't make them more desirable.

Which Stern Premiums are more rare than LE's?!

#12869 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Which Stern Premiums are more rare than LE's?!

Avengers for sure. Possibly Mustang, although no one bought either of those versions.

#12870 4 years ago

GI lighting is awesome, Invisiglass is great, exterior volume control / headphone jack are great, spinning pop pumper is cool, powder coating is so so, topper is typical JJP crap...same game play as the SE.....I think the extras are worth it, but u can upgrade most if u want....

#12871 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

GI lighting is awesome, Invisiglass is great, exterior volume control / headphone jack are great, spinning pop pumper is cool, powder coating is so so, topper is typical JJP crap...same game play as the SE.....I think the extras are worth it, but u can upgrade most if u want....

Part2....shaker is a must, and the star map is cool, but I never look at it (maybe I should)....LE upgrades were easily worth $1k on this game

#12872 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

... In fact, as far as LE features, I would go as far as to say that the color changing GI in the LE is a negative for me. Having the GI light up the whole game neon pink and all colors of the rainbow on the LE works on a theme like WOZ, but just honestly doesn't fit a darker Pirate themed game well. ...

Interesting. I prefer a color changing GI feature on games whenever it's available and Pirates is no exception.

#12873 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I meant the game in general

#12874 4 years ago

The se is going to be very appealing to those concerned about price. Each person is different, but if I could have the same game for ~$1500 less I couldn't pass that up (and I didn't cause I own an SE).

I agree with everyone saying the code is marvelous as is. It would be nice if they added the final wizard and these other extremely small things, but this game is 100% as is and needs nothing for me to enjoy it

#12875 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

The se is going to be very appealing to those concerned about price. Each person is different, but if I could have the same game for ~$1500 less I couldn't pass that up (and I didn't cause I own an SE).
I agree with everyone saying the code is marvelous as is. It would be nice if they added the final wizard and these other extremely small things, but this game is 100% as is and needs nothing for me to enjoy it

I am looking more forward to the tweaked characters than the updated wizard mode. But both in the next 6 months would be sweet!

#12876 4 years ago

I am getting a ship bulls eye target fault, I went into the switch matrix test. when I drop a ball into the hole nothing highlights on the matrix. Anyone run into this? Thx

#12877 4 years ago

Yeah. It's rare for me to hit 1 mini wiz mode unless I'm really focussing, so it's highly unlikely I'll see the big wiz mode.

#12878 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am getting a ship bulls eye target fault, I went into the switch matrix test. when I drop a ball into the hole nothing highlights on the matrix. Anyone run into this? Thx

Very common problem. If you push back all the way on the ship it should trigger the switch and clear the fault. Can't recall exactly how it all works, but there is a mechanical switch on the rear of the backboard that is triggered when the ship is hit.

#12879 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues#post-4933955

#12880 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Very common problem. If you push back all the way on the ship it should trigger the switch and clear the fault. Can't recall exactly how it all works, but there is a mechanical switch on the rear of the backboard that is triggered when the ship is hit.

Yep. mine does this too. The fix is real

#12881 4 years ago

So I've always hated having the plain tab on the Maelstrom after installing PMC's hidden switch but didn't want to cut it off in case I wanted to go back to stock. Found one of my ships from my board game fits perfectly, and the tab on the bottom of the ship that is used to fit in the board game base fits perfect on the ramp. Just wanted to share!

IMG_20191104_132649 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132649 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132723 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132723 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132735 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132735 (resized).jpg
#12882 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I've always hated having the plain tab on the Maelstrom after installing PMC's hidden switch but didn't want to cut it off in case I wanted to go back to stock. Found one of my ships from my board game fits perfectly, and the tab on the bottom of the ship that is used to fit in the board game base fits perfect on the ramp. Just wanted to share![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great thanks for sharing!

#12883 4 years ago

Well, 2 days after my initial post I've managed to snag a CE with mods and just over 40 games on it for what translates to $12.9k!! That's basically the USA price but without tax to the UK!! The seller is a pure collector of top games and doesn't mind taking a hit when needing to find space for the next title!! A great guy to know!! Don't know exactly what mods it has... I saw in the pics an octopus on the left (maelstrom?) ramp if that's a mod... can't believe it!! Hope he doesn't change his mind before I make payment!

#12884 4 years ago

I recently installed mirror blades in my LE. Looks great, what do you think?

20191015_163605 (resized).jpg20191015_163605 (resized).jpg20191015_163622 (resized).jpg20191015_163622 (resized).jpg20191015_163716 (resized).jpg20191015_163716 (resized).jpg
#12885 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I recently installed mirror blades in my LE. Looks great, what do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look great....I'm shocked there was enough room to install them. Mine could barely fit game blades. Hope they don't get all scratched up raising and lowering the play field.

#12886 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I wanted a LE, I thought for what you got for the extra money it was worth it. When I was able to spring my distributor was out of LE and not getting anymore but he did have SE left. I looked on here and seen the gameplay and everything was the same so I jumped on it.

I am so glad I jumped on this game, and saved a few bucks also because it just helped me to save faster for the next game, which turned out to be Ocktoberfest, and that is a really good game also.

Code is 100% fine the way it is for me. I am not good enough to ever make wizard modes anyway.

#12887 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They look great....I'm shocked there was enough room to install them. Mine could barely fit game blades. Hope they don't get all scratched up raising and lowering the play field.

Yes, it was a tight fit, but did get them installed. Had to mod them a bit to fit, used ones for a Bally/Williams machines. Hopefully I won't end up with scratches from raising and lowering the playfield, but as of now none present.

#12888 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've thought about putting some black chrome mirror vinyl on but haven't gotten to it yet. I have some spare mirror blades to use as a pattern. Seems like it would look good but couldn't find any threads about it on Pinside. I'd prefer art blades or black mirror blades, but am not thrilled with the art blades available and it's just too tight for mirrors.

https://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Self-Adhesive-Air-Release-Air-Free-3MIL-VViViD8/dp/B00L9J65NW

#12889 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Yes, it was a tight fit, but did get them installed. Had to mod them a bit to fit, used ones for a Bally/Williams machines. Hopefully I won't end up with scratches from raising and lowering the playfield, but as of now none present.

nice! are they the smoke Black mirror blades or standard? Did you pull the back box hinge bolts to install them? How tough was that?

#12890 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I've thought about putting some black chrome mirror vinyl on but haven't gotten to it yet. I have some spare mirror blades to use as a pattern. Seems like it would look good but couldn't find any threads about it on Pinside. I'd prefer art blades or black mirror blades, but am not thrilled with the art blades available and it's just too tight for mirrors.
amazon.com link »

I installed the art blades from tilt graphics....they look great

#12891 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

amazon.com link »

Those might look cool....I wonder if they go on flat, and don't show any ripples?

#12892 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Those might look cool....I wonder if they go on flat, and don't show any ripples?

It is air egress vinyl so should go on similiar to art blades.

#12893 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

nice! are they the smoke Black mirror blades or standard? Did you pull the back box hinge bolts to install them? How tough was that?

They are the standard chrome and yes I had to pull the hinge bolts to install. Had to cut a small section at the back top and in large the bolt holes a bit to fit. You don't see the cut at the top and the larger hole is covered by the hinge bolts.

#12894 4 years ago

Ok, I give up, WTF is the Star Map trying to tell me?

#12895 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, I give up, WTF is the Star Map trying to tell me?

When you shoot the chapter targets when no chapters are qualified, the star map will flash a symbol that represents another shot somewhere on the playfield. For example, it might flash the letter P for the P-pirate lane. That's the shot you need to make. At the same time the star map flashes the symbol, the light for the selected shot will also flash white for a second. So in the example, the P lane would flash. I find it much easier to just watch for the flashing light on the playfield than try to decipher the symbols.

#12896 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

When you shoot the chapter targets when no chapters are qualified, the star map will flash a symbol that represents another shot somewhere on the playfield. For example, it might flash the letter P for the P-pirate lane. That's the shot you need to make. At the same time the star map flashes the symbol, the light for the selected shot will also flash white for a second. So in the example, the P lane would flash. I find it much easier to just watch for the flashing light on the playfield than try to decipher the symbols.

I use the flashing light to learn the symbols. They make sense after a while.

#12897 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed; it is a testament to just how much stuff there is in Pirates that you can just ignore a fairly "big" feature like the whole starmap system, and still have more than enough stuff to keep you busy forever.

But the Starmap will be there to learn when you feel like it; the game has a crazy amount to give a dedicated player.

#12898 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

is there a chart or something that lists all the symbols and their associated meanings?

#12899 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

is there a chart or something that lists all the symbols and their associated meanings?

I don’t think there’s anything that lists them.

#12900 4 years ago

Not sure how to read this... are you saying that the spinning disks on the playfield were unreliable so they cancelled that idea (stopped them spinning in a code update perhaps) and replaced them with an animated version in the screen?

that's what I'm thinking was done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/258 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.