(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 378.
#12551 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Did you apply mylar to these posts? (Meaning removed the chest?) Is even worth the effort in that area?

I didn't. Wasn't super-concerned about areas that weren't visible or very visible. I mostly went for the high traffic/more visible areas with the mylar. In fact I'm doing Iron Maiden Prem with mylar rings today because the bunching on it has just turned into the first chip (I can see - I have another chip that I can't see where on the playfield it came from). 201x playfields sucking is a drag.

#12552 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. There's one behind the chest that you have to have a long screw or nut driver to get to because you have to kind of angle it behind the mini-coil area to get to it where it connects the bracket to the playfield.

Here’s a picture of it with the screw circled in yellow. It’s not super easy to get at and you might want a magnetic tip to put it back in.

DEAB7C32-C3F9-4E1F-A635-6075853567D7 (resized).jpegDEAB7C32-C3F9-4E1F-A635-6075853567D7 (resized).jpeg
#12553 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s a picture of it with the screw circled in yellow. It’s not super easy to get at and you might want a magnetic tip to put it back in.[quoted image]

Awesome! Could stuff in the chest possibly get out of alignment or something if I take it out? Is there anything I should watch out for?

#12554 4 years ago

Having this issue with my chest. Any idea what might be the problem?

#12555 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Having this issue with my chest. Any idea what might be the problem?

If it was working before, it's likely that the metal bracket that the small coil behind the chest "grabs" to open the gate and let the ball out has bent too far away from the coil post to allow it to pull it with magnetism. Bend it carefully a little more in the direction of the coil and see if it fixes your issue.

You also can increase the amount of time that coil holds the gate open in the system menu, but that won't help if the metal's too far from the coil for it to grab.

#12556 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it was working before, it's likely that the metal bracket that the small coil behind the chest "grabs" to open the gate and let the ball out has bent too far away from the coil post to allow it to pull it with magnetism. Bend it carefully a little more in the direction of the coil and see if it fixes your issue.
You also can increase the amount of time that coil holds the gate open in the system menu, but that won't help if the metal's too far from the coil for it to grab.

Yup, that did the trick. Big thanks!!!

#12557 4 years ago

OK, I'm trolling...if someone want's to mix it up and trade your POTC for a NOB Jurassic Park LE (just a few days old), I'm your guy in Northern VA. PM if that's you!

#12558 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I'm trolling...if someone want's to mix it up and trade your POTC for a NOB Jurassic Park LE (just a few days old), I'm your guy in Northern VA. PM if that's you!

I have a two game collection with exactly those two games! Pirates and Dinosaurs, love them both!

#12559 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No. 313 in the house.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Molly helping me do pre game checks.

Sweet! That's my birthday. Maybe we could swap...wait Australia, nope.

#12560 4 years ago

Has anyone received their new playfield yet? I'm trying to be patient, but it's well past the three weeks Jack told me

#12561 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Has anyone received their new playfield yet? I'm trying to be patient, but it's well past the three weeks Jack told me

No, but I'm not swapping it immediately, so as long as it comes eventually, I don't really care.

#12562 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I am more concerned about it curing properly ... but I understand your concern. I think Jack is pretty much on record with most of us, but Mirco will determine ultimately when it gets here.

#12563 4 years ago

Hey guys,

Long time...

I'm pretty SHOCKED by this...

And this was with a buddy staying with me for like a week playing the hell of it.

Wow!

2019-10-14 (resized).jpg2019-10-14 (resized).jpg
#12564 4 years ago

Is it supposed to be like this? Lol

AEC799EC-1B4F-4734-8AE0-1CA165834AEC (resized).jpegAEC799EC-1B4F-4734-8AE0-1CA165834AEC (resized).jpeg
#12565 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is it supposed to be like this? Lol[quoted image]

lol no. That would definitely skew the result though. Thats an example of why I have never used the playfield level for anything personally.

#12566 4 years ago

Early days yet but have to say WOW. This game really is impressive. And I still have no idea what I'm doing. Ive owned every JJP game NIB except Wonka (yet) and this is by far the most impressive. Haven't spent a lot of time on a JJP game since Dialed In, and while that was a disappointment (to me), this is a nice reminder of how far above the competition JJP are in terms of an ultra premium pinball experience. In all elements of the game.

Now to learn the rules.

#12567 4 years ago

You guys waiting on your replacement POTC playfields....any ideas on where these are coming from? Are they printing a new batch or just using the same stock that have already been produced?

#12568 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is it supposed to be like this? Lol

ahhhh... super steep. Level = Expert. Might wanna turn you flipper coil power up. Gotta nudge it to get up them ramps.

#12569 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Tuna's installing a bunch of Pirates mods tonight on Buffalo Pinball! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

it was a good watch! If you're thinking about installing some POTC mods you might pick up some good info/tips watching. Thanks Tuna. That wall at the end though.... smh.

#12570 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You guys waiting on your replacement POTC playfields....any ideas on where these are coming from? Are they printing a new batch or just using the same stock that have already been produced?

New batch being made

#12571 4 years ago

Owners: How is this cliffy installed? Thanks!

31CC6C83-7FFE-46DB-9486-96FFA24E6EC1 (resized).jpeg31CC6C83-7FFE-46DB-9486-96FFA24E6EC1 (resized).jpeg7AB58D36-58A0-484E-A049-BFD75D25EC83 (resized).jpeg7AB58D36-58A0-484E-A049-BFD75D25EC83 (resized).jpeg
#12572 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Owners: How is this cliffy installed? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

Snaps onto The Depths on the left.

Rest the part without the hole on the front edge of the scoop hole and then work the part with the hole and the bend so it snaps under the playfield. It kind of slides in at an angle then snaps into place with the spring action.

#12573 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Snaps onto The Depths on the left.
Rest the part without the hole on the front edge of the scoop hole and then work the part with the hole and the bend so it snaps under the playfield. It kind of slides in at an angle then snaps into place with the spring action.

Cool! Sounds easy enough. Why does it have a hole in it? Are we supposed to use a screw? Thanks brother!

#12574 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Cool! Sounds easy enough. Why does it have a hole in it? Are we supposed to use a screw? Thanks brother!

I don't know, but I doubt it's for a screw since the screw head would flatten out the spring action of the clip. Once it's snapped in, I never had any trouble with it coming loose.

#12575 4 years ago

Awesome! Thanks!

#12576 4 years ago

Got my Jack pop bumper cover from The Pinball Mod Company installed over the weekend. Love it! Great detail. Beats the hell out of Tortuga Tom.

9A1C9D29-ACB7-4773-9683-CF88CC55A1C7 (resized).jpeg9A1C9D29-ACB7-4773-9683-CF88CC55A1C7 (resized).jpeg
#12577 4 years ago

Which LED flipper button kits are you all installing on your LEs? I’m looking at BriteButtons, but can’t decide on a color. Any recommendations?

#12578 4 years ago

I went with blue from PBL

#12579 4 years ago

ACF9F2AD-099A-44C8-9352-CD7BA85360C9 (resized).jpegACF9F2AD-099A-44C8-9352-CD7BA85360C9 (resized).jpeg

#12580 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

My Cliffy came loose twice so I added a screw to the underside of the playfield for the Cliffy. Had to remove the VUK to do so...

#12581 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

My Cliffy came loose twice so I added a screw to the underside of the playfield for the Cliffy. Had to remove the VUK to do so...

I’ll make a note of it. Thanks!

#12582 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

[quoted image]

Those do look nice. Was this the kit you ordered?

https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-jjp-for-dialed-in.html

I assume it's a plug and play affair? Thanks

#12583 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Those do look nice. Was this the kit you ordered?
https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-jjp-for-dialed-in.html
I assume it's a plug and play affair? Thanks

FWIW you can get the same setup from Comet for $15, or DIY with parts from them for about $5. Same exact stuff

#12584 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

[quoted image]

I like those led lights behind your front legs. What did you use there? Never seen that before. And the shooter rod plate? Thanks looks cool.

#12585 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I like those led lights behind your front legs. What did you use there? Never seen that before. And the shooter rod plate? Thanks looks cool.

MustangPaul
https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1220-led-leg-light-ups

#12586 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Got my Jack pop bumper cover from The Pinball Mod Company installed over the weekend. Love it! Great detail. Beats the hell out of Tortuga Tom.[quoted image]

Does the arm with rum clear the wireworm to the right?

#12587 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Does the arm with rum clear the wireworm to the right?

Yes lol. It is a little heavier than the original so spins just a little slower but it is balanced and nothing hits. It needs to be fully seated to clear the glass.

#12588 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

“At some point” definitely doesn’t sound encouraging. I’m thinking mid- to late October would be a reasonable time frame (about a year after shipping) but I’m not holding my breath. JJP seems to be pretty far from firing on all cylinders right now.

Good thing I haven't been holding my breath the last two months since writing that. Still waiting for #JJPOTC 1.0 code. Pretty telling about a company when a lack of confidence in them is reinforced by their continued lack of action. One year since first shipments of machines and no 1.0 code. Do they want to get it done by year-end? Who knows, it's not like they seem interested in communicating with their customers or anything.

#12589 4 years ago

darkryder yes that is the kit. I also got the Anarchy 8 way pcb splitter from pbl. Since I like the led’s it works well for other powered mods too!
I need to look back and see who does the lighted shooter housing. Thanks evh347 for answering the question on MustangPaul cool leg light ups!
beatmaster does the led shooter housing.

#12590 4 years ago

Please let there be a code update announcement this weekend..

#12591 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Please let there be a code update announcement this weekend..

I hope we hear something as well about Pirates code at Expo. If JJP doesn't say anything hopefully someone at the JJP seminar asks about it.

#12592 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope we hear something as well about Pirates code at Expo. If JJP doesn't say anything hopefully someone at the JJP seminar asks about it.

The expo thread implied that Keith had a bunch of big announcements but no one apparently actually saw the feed

Edit: sorry, I guess the announcement is on Saturday

#12593 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If someone does ask about it I’d imagine they’ll just give a standard non-response and say yes they’re working on it and it will be out soon without giving any timeframe.

There’s no indication they’re putting any effort into #JJPOTC. In hindsight I think it’s clear now that when you see only 2 code updates ever issued on the game and none since the end of April plus zero communication on any new updates it’s not a big leap to figure work on Pirates was put on the shelf earlier this year to develop Wonka. Wonka has already had many times the number of updates in far less time since its initial shipping. I’m sure they’re also now working on whatever their next title is, so between that and Wonka their attention is likely far away from Pirates. Just because JJP has supported code on the other games they’ve made doesn’t mean they’ll support Pirates the same way. That shouldn’t be the case, but JJP seems to operate pretty inconsistently in general so I don’t think it’s a stretch to give it a pretty high probability of actually being the case.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to envision them leaving Pirates code hanging for awhile longer. I hope they prove me wrong, but they haven’t so far and they’ve had plenty of time to do so.

#12594 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The expo thread implied that Keith had a bunch of big announcements but no one apparently actually saw the feed
Edit: sorry, I guess the announcement is on Saturday

I hope #JJPOTC code is one of them, but you’d think a company shouldn’t consider a code update to an old title as worthy of being lumped in with any big announcements. If it is then they don’t have much going on.

#12595 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don’t think it’s a stretch to envision them leaving Pirates code hanging for awhile longer. I hope they prove me wrong, but they haven’t so far and they’ve had plenty of time to do so.

Quoted from EaglePin:

I hope #JJPOTC code is one of them, but you’d think a company shouldn’t consider a code update to an old title as worthy of being lumped in with any big announcements. If it is then they don’t have much going on.

That's what I always tell the engineers... "should be easy" and "shouldn't take you too long". They LOVE that.

Geez, if I didn't already know, I'd guess you were from DOWNER'S Grove.

#12596 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

That's what I always tell the engineers... "should be easy" and "shouldn't take you too long". They LOVE that.

OMG you're one of those!!

#12597 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Geez, if I didn't already know, I'd guess you were from DOWNER'S Grove.

When you compare JJP code support on Wonka to the support on POTC it seems like it’s not an issue of them not having had enough time on POTC. I think their Wonka code support shows they can do it when it’s a priority. They just haven’t chosen to do it for POTC.

I hope they shift priorities a bit to get what I think is now an overdue (1 year past shipping) Pirates 1.0 done. I’m just analyzing the development history of #JJPOTC and how it intersects with JJP’s other recent work. I think their last 6 months of work speaks for itself with regard to their priorities. And yes, laying that out may seem like a downer. I wish the facts were different and I didn’t feel the way I do about their support for Pirates code. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say the game should be rules complete by now and that getting the code there hasn’t been a priority for them. The issue lies solely with their (lack of) delivering updates on Pirates.

#12598 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When you compare JJP code support on Wonka to the support on POTC it seems like it’s not an issue of them not having had enough time on POTC. I think their Wonka code support shows they can do it when it’s a priority. They just haven’t chosen to do it for POTC.
I hope they shift priorities a bit to get what I think is now an overdue (1 year past shipping) Pirates 1.0 done. I’m just analyzing the development history of #JJPOTC and how it intersects with JJP’s other recent work. I think their last 6 months of work speaks for itself with regard to their priorities. And yes, laying that out may seem like a downer. I wish the facts were different and I didn’t feel the way I do about their support for Pirates code. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say the game should be rules complete by now and that getting the code there hasn’t been a priority for them. The issue lies solely with their (lack of) work on Pirates.

You're not wrong but the reality is Wonka is still available for sale so it's going to have higher priority.
Considering they just shipped a nice Dialed In update, I'm confident we'll see improvements with POTC as well... eventually.
Since I'll never reach the POTC wizard mode, I'd like to ensure all of their available coders are focused on improved pirate hats, parrots, and eye-patches for the best 'score of the day' photos.

#12599 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

You're not wrong but the reality is Wonka is still available for sale so it's going to have higher priority.
Considering they just shipped a nice Dialed In update, I'm confident we'll see improvements with POTC as well... eventually.
Since I'll never reach the POTC wizard mode, I'd like to ensure all of their available coders are focused on improved pirate hats, parrots, and eye-patches for the best 'score of the day' photos.

Yep, any updates at all would be good to have. I don’t think we should have to wait as long as Dialed In though.

#12600 4 years ago

I think POTC code right now is pretty impressive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/252?hl=smsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.