(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 378.
#12501 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

This is what I initially did ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/40#post-5168721 ).
This caused the secondary issue of dropping my left side of the ramp and hence the entire reason for me making the support in the first place.

Your post was what got me looking at this issue on my POTC. When I made the ramp fix, I basically had to lower the right side to balance it.

Thank you for the original post. The net result is a huge improvement on flow through the BP. I hope everyone else can find the tweak that makes it all work.

#12502 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

This is what I initially did ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/40#post-5168721 ).
This caused the secondary issue of dropping my left side of the ramp and hence the entire reason for me making the support in the first place.

Are you still working on the final version?

#12503 4 years ago

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know about a little audio experiment I just embarked on with my friend Dan @pinwoofer

We added an amplifier to the backbox speakers and a separate amp and 8” sub to replace the existing sub. It made a huge difference. I always thought the sound was pretty decent on jjpotc but this is amazing. Definitely hearing a lot more range and sounds I didn’t know were in there. With two amps it really allows you to balance out the sounds to your liking. The bass is shaking the room. Dan was kind enough to come help me install as it was my first jjp to try one of his kits. Can’t say enough good things about his products and service.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer

#12504 4 years ago

Ahoy there landlubbers, me Pirates LE #682 has made port (well the Pinball Shed), and she's a beaut!

I do have a question though and that is regarding sound, as I have 4 JJP machines now the Pirates is the weakest when it comes to bass, am I missing something or is this fair to say?
I did check the cabinet speaker/woofer and sound is coming out of it so its connected, I also checked connectors in the back-box all look fine.

Now the sound is not awful but is lacking in bass and all mid/top end sounding.

Can I just drop in a better 8" sub in the cabinet? Not that one should have to do this on a £10k machine!

20191009_132151 (resized).jpg20191009_132151 (resized).jpg20191008_153501 (resized).jpg20191008_153501 (resized).jpg20191008_153311 (resized).jpg20191008_153311 (resized).jpg
#12505 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are you still working on the final version?

Harrys finishing it up and doing testing on his own machine.

#12506 4 years ago

Hey all, I've got a friend who's working on an academic project to integrate an AR experience with pinball. He's using a Raspberry Pi and will try to capture audio events by analyzing the pin's call-outs and other audio (music, sound effects, etc). If he can get this to work, we realized we could use the tech to trigger video clips. I recall someone else had been working on a small screen to replace the missing (or mostly useless) starfield on the back of POTC. There was a demo of a clip showing "Extra Ball" but without any event integration it was just a random video sample. But if my friend can get his project working we could actually add video content that syncs with the game play. Would be very cool!

#12507 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I clearly need to ask Santa for a potc for Christmas

Clearly.

Favorite game in my current lineup!

#12508 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey all, I've got a friend who's working on an academic project to integrate an AR experience with pinball. He's using a Raspberry Pi and will try to capture audio events by analyzing the pin's call-outs and other audio (music, sound effects, etc). If he can get this to work, we realized we could use the tech to trigger video clips. I recall someone else had been working on a small screen to replace the missing (or mostly useless) starfield on the back of POTC. There was a demo of a clip showing "Extra Ball" but without any event integration it was just a random video sample. But if my friend can get his project working we could actually add video content that syncs with the game play. Would be very cool!

That would be #Drfrightner in post 8307. He has crazy talent making animation from his day job. Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck.

#12509 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I do have a question though and that is regarding sound, as I have 4 JJP machines now the Pirates is the weakest when it comes to bass, am I missing something or is this fair to say? I did check the cabinet speaker/woofer and sound is coming out of it so its connected, I also checked connectors in the back-box all look fine. Now the sound is not awful but is lacking in bass and all mid/top end sounding.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The JJP cabinet speaker is actually superior to other manufacturers, but there are deficiencies with it and with the system itself. Unfortunately, simply changing the speaker will make little or no difference to what you are experiencing.

First, the stock cabinet driver is single voice coil so only one amplified channel can drive it. The second, and most important, is that the system lacks adequate headroom to drive deep, sustained bass tones and the ability to fully reproduce low frequency effect hits during game play. Not addressing these factors leaves this amazing title severely lacking in audible presence.

Next, the backbox speakers in POTC (all JJP's) are not bad (4" mid / 2" tweeter) and we recommend keeping them in play. However, the power and dynamic range of the stock backbox amplifier leaves a lot to be desired.

PinWoofer has a turnkey solution which adds a dual voice coil subwoofer driver and two amplifiers; one amplifier for the subwoofer and one for the backbox:

https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit

For Pirates, select "Late JJP - Jersey Jack Pinball" under "PLATFORM AND DUAL AMP POWER HARNESS".

The improvement you'll get is dramatic. You'll not only hear the warm bass tones, but you'll feel them in your hands and feet. The mid-ranges and highs in the backbox will come alive and will be clear and crisp, unlocking the title's full potential.

Our install base is large and growing, and our reliability is excellent. You'll also get engineering technical support should you need it along with detailed instructions and an array of fasteners and connectors to make the install go quickly and smoothly. This is easy - we have streamlined the process for your delight and your outcome will be epic!

This is the single, best thing you can do for your pin.

Thanks for your time!

Backbox (resized).jpgBackbox (resized).jpgCabinet (resized).jpgCabinet (resized).jpg
#12510 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Our install base is large and growing, and our reliability is excellent. You'll also get engineering technical support should you need it along with detailed instructions and an array of fasteners and connectors to make the install go quickly and smoothly. This is easy - we have streamlined the process for your delight and your outcome will be epic!
Thanks for your time![quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a plastic cover for that board? Having an open powered board directly below the playfield where parts are known to fall over time seems like a really bad idea.

#12511 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is there a plastic cover for that board? Having an open powered board directly below the playfield where parts are known to fall over time seems like a really bad idea.

We evaluated this early on, and you can always mount the amplifier board on the wall of the cabinet with no more risk than that posed by a coin door interface board / node board, which has been a common practice with all of the manufacturers for decades. Like anything, one needs to use caution when accessing the cabinet or backbox. Thanks for asking!

#12512 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

We evaluated this early on, and you can always mount the amplifier board on the wall of the cabinet with no more risk than that posed by a coin door interface board / node board, which has been a common practice with all of the manufacturers for decades. Like anything, one needs to use caution when accessing the cabinet or backbox. Thanks for asking!

You absolutely can mount it vertically, but showing it mounted in the cabinet bottom with no shield or case/cover over the top is not really responsible, IMO. Many people are new to pinball and wouldn't have enough experience to understand that mounting it on the bottom of the cabinet with nothing over the board puts it at risk of being shorted out if something (screw, spring, etc) falls from the playfield onto it. A square piece of PET-G and a bracket would cost you, what? $1 more to include? If you don't include it, you should at least make that a recommended part of the install for those that choose to imitate your pictured installation.

#12513 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The JJP cabinet speaker is actually superior to other manufacturers, but there are deficiencies with it and with the system itself. Unfortunately, simply changing the speaker will make little or no difference to what you are experiencing.
First, the stock cabinet driver is single voice coil so only one amplified channel can drive it. The second, and most important, is that the system lacks adequate headroom to drive deep, sustained bass tones and the ability to fully reproduce low frequency effect hits during game play. Not addressing these factors leaves this amazing title severely lacking in audible presence.
Next, the backbox speakers in POTC (all JJP's) are not bad (4" mid / 2" tweeter) and we recommend keeping them in play. However, the power and dynamic range of the stock backbox amplifier leaves a lot to be desired.
PinWoofer has a turnkey solution which adds a dual voice coil subwoofer driver and two amplifiers; one amplifier for the subwoofer and one for the backbox:
https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit
For Pirates, select "Late JJP - Jersey Jack Pinball" under "PLATFORM AND DUAL AMP POWER HARNESS".
The improvement you'll get is dramatic. You'll not only hear the warm bass tones, but you'll feel them in your hands and feet. The mid-ranges and highs in the backbox will come alive and will be clear and crisp, unlocking the title's full potential.
Thanks for your time![quoted image][quoted image]

Those pics are my pin and I LOVE the sound. I haven’t worried about shorts on the board mounted where it is. The board is isolated from the rest of the system (correct me if I’m wrong, Dan) and if it killed the board it would be easily resolved. It has standoffs so other than a direct hit from above, it would be fine.

But back to the topic, the sound is incredible. I was shocked that without replacing the stock speakers, just adding the amp, the range on the high end was so much better. And clearer. It’s made my favorite pin even better. Highly recommend. And the bass, of course, is incredible. Comparable to an external sub (I have a polk 10” sitting unused now).

#12514 4 years ago

I hooked mine up to an external woofer and really don't hear a difference. It booms when I hook up ACNC.

#12515 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You absolutely can mount it vertically, but showing it mounted in the cabinet bottom with no shield or case/cover over the top is not really responsible, IMO. Many people are new to pinball and wouldn't have enough experience to understand that mounting it on the bottom of the cabinet with nothing over the board puts it at risk of being shorted out if something (screw, spring, etc) falls from the playfield onto it. A square piece of PET-G and a bracket would cost you, what? $1 more to include? If you don't include it, you should at least make that a recommended part of the install for those that choose to imitate your pictured installation.

There are no exposed power routes on the PCB (they are completely covered by solder mask). Also, all kits ship with a fused power cable. We've got scores of these in the field and any risk is minimal if non-existent. The mounting location is not particularly relevant, just personal preference. Thanks for your concern

#12516 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

I'll bite -- ordered one

#12517 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Ahoy there landlubbers, me Pirates LE #682 has made port (well the Pinball Shed), and she's a beaut!
I do have a question though and that is regarding sound, as I have 4 JJP machines now the Pirates is the weakest when it comes to bass, am I missing something or is this fair to say?
I did check the cabinet speaker/woofer and sound is coming out of it so its connected, I also checked connectors in the back-box all look fine.
Now the sound is not awful but is lacking in bass and all mid/top end sounding.
Can I just drop in a better 8" sub in the cabinet? Not that one should have to do this on a £10k machine![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s cool. I have number 683. Wild, I wonder how many US models were sold then after mine?

#12518 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

There are no exposed power routes on the PCB (they are completely covered by solder mask). Also, all kits ship with a fused power cable. We've got scores of these in the field and any risk is minimal if non-existent. The mounting location is not particularly relevant, just personal preference. Thanks for your concern

There is always a possibility of a electrical failure in any component. A screw falling on your board and shorting 2 components out is a fire risk does not matter if it is fused. What if it has a bad fuse? Houses burn down all the time due to a bad plug or breaker. All for trying to save 50 cents on a cover. No thank you

Edit* Didnt see Vireland said same thing.

#12519 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

There is always a possibility of a electrical failure in any component. A screw falling on your board and shorting 2 components out is a fire risk does not matter if it is fused. What if it has a bad fuse? Houses burn down all the time due to a bad plug or breaker. All for trying to save 50 cents on a cover. No thank you
Edit* Didnt see Vireland said same thing.

Yeah, it just seemed a weird corner to cut. And there ARE exposed connections. The positive and negative lead for the power adapter are plainly exposed in the picture. I'm sure there are other points not immediately obvious.

But I'm very cautious about things like that. I'll admit that.

#12520 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Mount it on the side of the cabinet, fears are gone. Anything can happen with any electrical component on any pinball machine ... shall we talk connectors? I’ve replaced hundreds of burned Molex connectors .. no screw, no nut. Just a burned connector.

#12521 4 years ago

To each their own. Just dont want to hear about people burning their houses down because they were to ignorant to know electrical components go into boxes for a reason. I hear that if you take the shroud off of your power supply your pinball machine will run 10 degrees cooler, might catch on fire though

#12522 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Mount it on the side of the cabinet, fears are gone. Anything can happen with any electrical component on any pinball machine ... shall we talk connectors? I’ve replaced hundreds of burned Molex connectors .. no screw, no nut. Just a burned connector.

Agree; the astronomical odds of such a calamity are far less than being struck by lightning in Texas - so watch out!

#12523 4 years ago

The code update needs to have some more moments, playing hobbit tonight and killing Smaug, victory laps when wizard mode completed..such an amazing code. With a better shooting POTC it could be so much more with some added depth.

#12524 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it just seemed a weird corner to cut. And there ARE exposed connections. The positive and negative lead for the power adapter are plainly exposed in the picture. I'm sure there are other points not immediately obvious.
But I'm very cautious about things like that. I'll admit that.

does adding this to any machine void the Warranty?

The sound is good on the machine already, but not awesome.

#12525 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Adding an LED light strip, external sub or any other “mod” that interfaces with the game electronics would technically void the warranty. Can’t imagine JJP making PinWoofer an issue though unless it is somehow directly linked to the failure (and you highlighted). If you’re concerned about the exposed connections, you can easily add a plastic cover or put it in a cheap electronics box. I haven’t used on a JJP pin, but it made a huge improvement on one of my Sterns.

#12526 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Below is the JJP warranty link and "modification" is called out as being "not covered", so I read this as a broadly sweeping disclaimer about any modification. The word "void" does not appear in the document whatsoever and it's pretty clear that the warranty is for 30 days, for parts only excluding any shipping and labor, for the original purchaser:

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/jjp_warranty-updated.pdf

Our kit will make your title sound awesome and judging from the bump we had yesterday you are not alone in your sentiment about the audio. We have scores of these out there and there is nothing to worry about. I'm an EE with 25 years of experience and we definitely know what we're doing - there is no guesswork here. Cool running, fused amplifiers and safe wiring.

When we put a kit in your machine, we treat it like we're putting it in my machine. I hope you get my meaning there.

#12527 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Below is the JJP warranty link and "modification" is called out as being "not covered", so I read this as a broadly sweeping disclaimer about any modification. The word "void" does not appear in the document whatsoever and it's pretty clear that the warranty is for 30 days, for parts only excluding any shipping and labor, for the original purchaser:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/jjp_warranty-updated.pdf
Our kit will make your title sound awesome and judging from the bump we had yesterday you are not alone in your sentiment about the audio. We have scores of these out there and there is nothing to worry about. I'm an EE with 25 years of experience and we definitely know what we're doing - there is no guesswork here. Cool running, fused amplifiers and safe wiring.
When we put a kit in your machine, we treat it like we're putting it in my machine. I hope you get my meaning there.

I can vouch for Dan's awesome kits - I agree that POTC is missing a bit in the audio department (specifically bass, like most pins). Adding PinWoofer to my (original) Monster Bash, Twilight Zone and STTNG have increased the audio quality CONSIDERABLY in all 3 games. Monster Bash now sounds like I have an external sub on it - so much so that I had to add foam to the glass surrounds because it was rattling so much! That game should sound like a rock concert - and now it does!

STTNG sounds much more full and immersive now, instead of the tinny sounds I was hearing before. And TZ (in which I have a PinSound) sounds incredible in stereo, and the music track is pulsing like it should.

I've added just the PinWoofer amp on STTNG and the full kit on other games, and having the dual-voice woofer is really important, but even the amp by itself is an order of magnitude improvement.

In the past, I've built my own solutions using an L-PAD and bigger 10" woofer, installed the Flipper Fidelity kits. Those are really good, and great ideas to enhance the game audio. But this is better.

#12528 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

add foam to the glass surrounds

Thanks Rdoyle1978 ! Note that Tekman has THE BEST playfield glass tape out there. He is fast, inexpensive and reliable. Our sub kits are perfectly balanced for a pin and the tape will nearly or completely mitigate it. If you are using something else, switch now. We also include tape with our 8" / 12" sub and super kits. But, hit him up for some if you're inclined - my guys do it all the time and he is a great dude.

#12529 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks rdoyle1978 ! Note that tekman has THE BEST playfield glass tape out there. He is fast, inexpensive and reliable. Our sub kits are perfectly balanced for a pin and the tape will nearly or completely mitigate it. If you are using something else, switch now. We also include tape with our 8" / 12" sub and super kits. But, hit him up for some - my guys do it all the time and he is a great dude.

#12530 4 years ago

i have a question for you guys. im looking to get another jjp machine. and a lot of people told me to get potc. i have woz and di and i dont want to get hobbit. so my question is what do you think about potc? from all of my collection i like woz! awesome game. but also i hear from a lot of people the potc have so many problems and also jjp stop support this game with parts. i can get LE NIB for 10k$ from jjp distributor. my woz and di comes with tons of problems and im still waiting for answers and parts from jjp but no luck (almost 2 months)

#12531 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i have a question for you guys. im looking to get another jjp machine. and a lot of people told me to get potc. i have woz and di and i dont want to get hobbit. so my question is what do you think about potc? from all of my collection i like woz! awesome game. but also i hear from a lot of people the potc have so many problems and also jjp stop support this game with parts. i can get LE NIB for 10k$ from jjp distributor. my woz and di comes with tons of problems and im still waiting for answers and parts from jjp but no luck (almost 2 months)

Where are you located? "tons" of problems? My POTC has played brilliantly since the day I purchased it save for a couple of small easy to fix issues. WOZ and POTC are equally incredible games - but for different reasons. Plundering alone in POTC is great fun. Shooting a cannon from a Pirate ship to sink another ship? Very fun. If you can get a NIB LE for $10K you better jump on it. That is like near MSRP - which is a deal.

#12532 4 years ago

What problems?! This thread is about little tweaks and future proofing, not major issues

#12533 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What problems?! This thread is about little tweaks and future proofing, not major issues

my woz comes with broken crystal ball and lcd not workin. all right side of leds not working. cracked backbox in few areas. chipped wood on backbox. defective translite. lock bar scratch. cabinet decals with bubbles spot light with plastic weird bubbles on it. wizard led not working. defective cut topper. and more and more issues. i wish i dont have to many in the potc. i know jjp are very busy and i really appreciate them and i know only Steve doing support now but its to much time. i have only 4 plays on my woz you really cant play on it and its NIB so i want to make sure the potc dosent have so many issues because its will be to annoying to make this process again with the support. also if you guys know about parts that i need to order as backup i will be happy to know

thanks

#12534 4 years ago

i know jjp are very busy and i really appreciate them and i know only Steve doing support now

Wait...is Frank gone?

#12535 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait...is Frank gone?

Unfortunately as i know yes and as i know only steve there and he his swamped. Try to call to jjp support you will never get answer after frank not working there.... very sad. I know its will be better very soon! They are great company with great people!

#12536 4 years ago

only Steve doing support now

I'm still there. I can't send parts. Butch hops in too.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait...is Frank gone?

Sadly, yes.

LTG : )

#12537 4 years ago

Unfortunately as i know yes and as i know only steve there and he his swamped. Try to call to jjp support you will never get answer after frank not working there.... very sad. I know its will be better very soon! They are great company with great people!

Wow, what a bummer. Frank was ALWAYS GREAT. Big loss for JJP. At least they still have LTG online, but that support isn't the same as what Frank did.

#12538 4 years ago

So quick game question. In liars dice I have twice bet “Your soul” and lost each time. The game then froze both times. Had to turn it off to get it to work again. Software glitch? Also what should happen if you win? I really like liars dice and have played it a lot. This is the only situation that seems to cause a glitch.

#12539 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

So quick game question. In liars dice I have twice bet “Your soul” and lost each time. The game then froze both times. Had to turn it off to get it to work again. Software glitch? Also what should happen if you win? I really like liars dice and have played it a lot. This is the only situation that seems to cause a glitch.

If you bet your soul and lose, that seems like behavior that would be in line with that loss.

But yeah, if you bet your soul and WIN, what's the prize? I need to find that out now!

#12540 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I remembered this being mentioned a long time ago. Here are couple old posts about it. Maybe something like, oh, I don't know, a code update could fix the bug that causes it to freeze:

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

In the context of liar's dice, souls refers to characters collected from chapters. You can double or nothing your characters to really help your wizard mode scores (or not).
Unless it says "your soul." Tread lightly!

Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yep, same here. Also if you bet your soul on liars dice and lose, the game hangs.

#12541 4 years ago

No. 313 in the house.....
2C17611F-B880-4400-8F82-C0E864AF43E8 (resized).jpeg2C17611F-B880-4400-8F82-C0E864AF43E8 (resized).jpeg595E901D-231D-4566-888F-75777840B8D3 (resized).jpeg595E901D-231D-4566-888F-75777840B8D3 (resized).jpeg60417BE8-B52C-4418-B2F0-C56B52284152 (resized).jpeg60417BE8-B52C-4418-B2F0-C56B52284152 (resized).jpeg

Molly helping me do pre game checks.

#12542 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Demonstrating once more that pirates are pussy magnets.

#12543 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Helpful thread here. See the first post for the list. Somethings may or may not be applicable to your specific machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

Even seeing all that and fixing quite a few of those things (and making my own fix for one) I still do not regret it.

#12544 4 years ago

Well I can definitely verify the game hangs if you lose your soul but would still like to know what happens if I win my soul. Never ending game? Win as many balls as are left on the game? Achieve nirvana? I win a golden fiddle?

#12545 4 years ago

Just needed to send out a HUGE thank you to this thread, community, and Butch from JJP. A few weeks ago a few switches on the BP were not working and I found that a few wires broke underneath. I believe this was due to the well documented tight zip ties that pulled on them as the BP rocked. I wanted to wait until my cliffys, new titan rubbers and washers, ship cannon protector and my Wizards Mist-N-Shine arrived so that I could do it all at once. Everything went so smooth and I'm quite proud of myself. Aside from the clear coat pooling, everything is working great and the game is playing phenomenal and super fast. I couldn't have done it without the great help from everyone. Thank you again.

Oh....and I actually made it to my first wizard mode last night. Loving this game more and more and it is never leaving.

#12546 4 years ago

Tuna's installing a bunch of Pirates mods tonight on Buffalo Pinball! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#12547 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ha Ha. You forgot the sarcasm emoji

#12548 4 years ago

Is there another nut holding the chest in place other than this one? I want to remove it to check on the posts underneath. Thanks!
D138B2B2-FA60-48F9-B4FB-6F0A051EDB19 (resized).jpegD138B2B2-FA60-48F9-B4FB-6F0A051EDB19 (resized).jpeg

#12549 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is there another nut holding the chest in place other than this one? I want to remove it to check on the posts underneath. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Yes. There's one behind the chest that you have to have a long screw or nut driver to get to because you have to kind of angle it behind the mini-coil area to get to it where it connects the bracket to the playfield.

#12550 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. There's one behind the chest that you have to have a long screw or nut driver to get to because you have to kind of angle it behind the mini-coil area to get to it where it connects the bracket to the playfield.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Did you apply mylar to these posts? (Meaning removed the chest?) Is even worth the effort in that area?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/251?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.