(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 378.
#12401 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

Problem with spinners, they are here like sails not like doors!

Lol I really had no idea what they were meant to signify. But I definitely like this look better.

#12402 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Hi guys. I just got my POTC LE all fully moded and it’s just the greatest pin ever to me. Some of the mods are not well known so I wanted to let those of you who don’t know about them see some of them. HarryHoudini’s company makes the coolest stickers to put on many targets and they really add to the theme. For example, I couldn’t stand the mirror diamond reflectors on the three spinners. He makes stickers that fit the theme and really add to the completeness look of your playfield.

What mod do you have on the deck of the Dauntless? Kinda looks like the Mezel Mods one but nicer.

#12403 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

What mod do you have on the deck of the Dauntless? Kinda looks like the Mezel Mods one but nicer.

If you mean the top deck above the spinners it is from Mezelmods. It looks perfect. I also combined the ModCouple’s Dauntless railing with the inside parts of Mezelmods Dauntless kit (just didn’t use their railing). I think they look great together. Plus Harry has new pop bumper covers coming out soon. I’m getting a Jack, he has Davey Jones.

Here’s a pic of the railings.
AEF37C8E-5321-4F29-911F-FCD4CFE79D90 (resized).jpegAEF37C8E-5321-4F29-911F-FCD4CFE79D90 (resized).jpeg

#12404 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

If you mean the top deck above the spinners it is from Mezelmods. It looks perfect. I also combined the ModCouple’s Dauntless railing with the inside parts of Mezelmods Dauntless kit (just didn’t use their railing). I think they look great together.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Looks like you also did a great job painting everything to blend together.

#12405 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Thanks. Looks like you also did a great job painting everything to blend together.

Welcome. Actually I didn’t have to paint anything. All stock.

#12406 4 years ago

Is there a proper fix for the sagging display on POTC yet? I fiddled with it for a long time and it never stays level. Wondering what others have done.

064CB799-2C63-4BD0-9B74-071146CB620B (resized).jpeg064CB799-2C63-4BD0-9B74-071146CB620B (resized).jpeg
#12407 4 years ago

Block of wood!

#12408 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Is there a proper fix for the sagging display on POTC yet? I fiddled with it for a long time and it never stays level. Wondering what others have done.[quoted image]

When I adjusted mine I loosened the 4 bolts holding the display to the control arm, rotated, and tightened back.

#12409 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When I adjusted mine I loosened the 4 bolts holding the display to the control arm, rotated, and tightened back.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. Otherwise, I’ll shim it up with a block of wood or something

#12410 4 years ago

Can someone tell me what’s missing in the software?
What must be done in the next update?

#12411 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Well it should be some balancing. Preset difficulties and the final wizard mode but it’s been a ghost town on update info for several months now. Would not be surprised if we don’t hear anything until next year. Also can’t forget jjp supposedly was going to do 2 releases this year

#12412 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

In addition to Break the Curse, a lot of character changes are coming in the next version. This list is from May and probably not complete:

potc (resized).pngpotc (resized).png
#12413 4 years ago

Here's the changes that Keith posted several months ago - bold is the new stuff we haven't got yet. This is a key post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/186#post-4998088

#12414 4 years ago

I'm absolutely ecstatic to say that I joined the club this weekend. Put my old Wrestlemania Pro towards it as partial trade and drove just under 4 hours each way with my kids yesterday to complete the deal. Came with an unused brand new plastic set and extra ship motor too. I loved JJP Pirates from the first time I played it, but I never thought I would be picking up one of these anytime soon. Super excited to have it in the lineup, it will keep me entertained for a long time to come.

71229915_10217476625900520_8501105034707075072_o (resized).jpg71229915_10217476625900520_8501105034707075072_o (resized).jpg
#12415 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm absolutely ecstatic to say that I joined the club this weekend. Put my old Wrestlemania Pro towards it as partial trade and drove just under 4 hours each way with my kids yesterday to complete the deal. Came with an unused brand new plastic set and extra ship motor too. I loved JJP Pirates from the first time I played it, but I never thought I would be picking up one of these anytime soon. Super excited to have it in the lineup, it will keep me entertained for a long time to come.[quoted image]

Congrats! Did the previous owner buy a new motor to have as spare or something?

#12416 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm absolutely ecstatic to say that I joined the club this weekend. Put my old Wrestlemania Pro towards it as partial trade and drove just under 4 hours each way with my kids yesterday to complete the deal. Came with an unused brand new plastic set and extra ship motor too. I loved JJP Pirates from the first time I played it, but I never thought I would be picking up one of these anytime soon. Super excited to have it in the lineup, it will keep me entertained for a long time to come.[quoted image]

Congrats. It's an all time keeper. Never selling mine.

#12417 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good idea to stop balls getting through the “one way” gate to the left of the left flipper?

I’ve already polished the wire so it has smoother operation but if a ball goes up the lane it causes it to bounce up.

#12418 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Congrats! Did the previous owner buy a new motor to have as spare or something?

The ship wasn't moving as well as as expected. I was told that they got the issue fixed via text support but by the time that happened Jersey Jack had already sent out a replacement motor to him.

#12419 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The ship wasn't moving as well as as expected.
They got the issue fixed via text support but by the time that happened Jersey Jack had already sent out a replacement motor to him.

They have wanted every replaced part they sent to me returned within 30 days or they charge you full price. How was he able to keep it?

#12420 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

They have wanted every replaced part they sent to me returned within 30 days or they charge you full price. How was he able to keep it?

Not sure, maybe this was a long time ago or the story I was told wasn't how it actually happened.

#12421 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Not sure, maybe this was a long time ago or the story I was told wasn't how it actually happened.

Okay thanks. I’d love to hold onto extra parts for this pin. Good find. Welcome to the club I waited forever to get mine.

#12422 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Okay thanks. I’d love to hold onto extra parts for this pin. Good find. Welcome to the club I waited forever to get mine.

Can’t you just buy some?

#12423 4 years ago

Does JJP sell BP motors? If so, How much?

#12424 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t you just buy some?

I called already to order the spare parts I was worried about, they were out of stock on everything. Disconcerting. I hope they stock parts to keep the pins in the field working for a long time. Would totally suck if something went on it and the machine could not be repaired.

#12425 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I called already to order the spare parts I was worried about, they were out of stock on everything. Disconcerting. I hope they stock parts to keep the pins in the field working for a long time. Would totally suck if something went on it and the machine could not be repaired.

Did they say they were restocking these parts?

#12426 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did they say they were restocking these parts?

I was only told to check back in three weeks. My question on whether they were going to keep stocking parts was not actually answered.

#12427 4 years ago

I am a very proud owner of a Pirates LE today, no problems right out of the box!
6cf9ed0e-8940-4f1a-936b-70cbf9ddd7a0 (resized).jpg6cf9ed0e-8940-4f1a-936b-70cbf9ddd7a0 (resized).jpg9cd2c74f-abbe-49e0-8840-5a62ab40aeae (resized).jpg9cd2c74f-abbe-49e0-8840-5a62ab40aeae (resized).jpg

#12428 4 years ago

Wow, where did you find one still in a box!?

I do hope JJP gets parts restocked. :/

#12429 4 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

I am a very proud owner of a Pirates LE today, no problems right out of the box!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Unknown-1.jpegUnknown-1.jpeg
#12430 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

POTC is their best game, I don't see any reason why they stop making this game in the future.
Wait and see something like POTC SE black pearl edition somewhere next year.

#12431 4 years ago

Does anyone sell a shorter topper for those that lack ceiling height below deck?

#12432 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s still a few left NIB with a dealer down here in Australia. I’ve got one one on the way, but he said they’re mostly being sold back to America. I think he said about 3 or 4 left.

#12433 4 years ago

*SOLD*

I have a extra jack sparrow to replace your tortuga tom. I've already drilled the holes for the barrel so all you have to do is just screw him in where tortuga tom was. The gun, hat and the arms are epoxied in so you don't have to worry about them falling off. Ihave mod couple monkey also. I will sell them both for $90 shipped. PM me if interested. If this isn't the right place for this post, then I'll let the moderators do their thing.
potc (resized).jpgpotc (resized).jpg

#12434 4 years ago

I don't know if this is a win or not?
When your wife get's to plunder a ball from you and she say's, Why do I need a extra ball when I have both of your's in my purse!

#12435 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I don't know if this is a win or not?
When your wife get's to plunder a ball from you and she say's, Why do I need a extra ball when I have both of your's in my purse!

#12436 4 years ago

My self-printed manual arrived. It's 8.5x14" spiral bound. They screwed up and made the 2nd page both the cover and the 2nd page, so waiting to hear back on that. Otherwise it's fantastic quality. It was about 1/2 the price. Ordered it from zingprint.com. I wanted to get the metal wire binding, I think that is what is on WOZ manual, but apparently they didn't have that size in stock. Seems fine with the spiral, just not as fancy. The paper is very thick and glossy. The cover is a nice paper, just not printed with the actual cover design.

I must have chosen wrong on the binding, side instead of top... I don't recall. Probably better on the top, less page to turn.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12437 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

They get bashed on constantly for new code for every game.
Someone was even asking for new woz code the other day (wtf!).

What more could they POSSIBLY want on WoZ? That game's code is ridiculously complete.

#12438 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What more could they POSSIBLY want on WoZ? That game's code is ridiculously complete.

Like remove horse of a different color award owned simply when second ball is engaged and fired

#12439 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think that pinball should use the same system as computergames. New codes with new assets, use of mechs, rulestets etc. Also payable.
Like a new game once a year and you pay, say 50$ for the new version.

#12440 4 years ago

Just noticed Pirates code was mentioned in Pinball Maganizes September recap newsletter that was sent out this morning.

20191005_065939 (resized).jpg20191005_065939 (resized).jpg

#12441 4 years ago

That’s just disappointing. When the author uses a word like apparently does not get the hopes up for anything soon

#12442 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

That’s just disappointing. When the author uses a word like apparently does not get the hopes up for anything soon

It's nothing more than hearsay. The source is probably one of our posts here!

#12443 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's nothing more than hearsay. The source is probably one of our posts here!

Could be that, something the author heard from JJP, or the comments Keith made a couple months back on a Wonka stream promising that a Pirates update is still coming.

Later this month at Expo JJP may be reveal their next pin. I'm hoping that new Pirates code will be at Expo but who knows. If JJP is prepping a new game all resources are likely on it...All I know is that I won't considering buying another JJP pin until Pirates code is completed.

#12444 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Could be that, something the author heard from JJP, or the comments Keith made a couple months back on a Wonka stream promising that a Pirates update is still coming.
Later this month at Expo JJP may be reveal their next pin. I'm hoping that new Pirates code will be at Expo but who knows. If JJP is prepping a new game all resources are likely on it...All I know is that I won't considering buying another JJP pin until Pirates code is completed.

Good thing for Stern nobody says that about their games!

I’m still enjoying POTC but for the time being I feel like I’ve explored everything I can do. I can make it to a couple of the mini wizard modes if I choose one of the characters which spots a chapter or character, but I am nowhere near beating any of them

#12445 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll probably never get to the final wizard mode once it's added unless I start to nerf the settings. I've been to 2 chapter/movie wizard modes in one game a couple of times. However, I am looking forward to all of what Keith will be adding besides that final wizard as well. It's not like he/they haven't even started on it. Before the JJP Pinside excommunication decree, Keith did post some enhancements/polish that was already completed in the new code 4 months ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/186#post-4998088
Keith goes big with changes. It should be a good code update once they have it ready. Bottom line is that it has been worked on. The last code update was 4/23/19 so Expo would put it at about 6 months at that time. Lets not exaggerate how long it's been since a code update. It just "seems" longer. The above link was from 4 months ago.

#12446 4 years ago

Do you work for jjp? How would you know that it has been started other than a post from 4 months ago. Just because a post was made that outlined a few character changes does not mean that anything has been started other than a few words in a forum. Meanwhile since our last update every other jjp machine has had updates including bigger ones that changes scoring and overall feel of the game. These games were already feature complete and while they may of needed updates there should be 0 prioritization of older machines to get updates over incomplete machines. Meanwhile I have a 10k toy that does not even have basic features programmed into it yet. Like for example I would love set my machine to easy 5 ball for mom and sis so maybe they could get a legitimate high score (I’ll often put in their names on my games so every high score isn’t gnar) but this basic feature is missing. Once again if they would communicate what is going on this would not be an issue. Hell they could even push an update that changes small thing and the argument would be over. But at this point a small update would just piss people off cause it’s been what 6 months since the last update that changed minor things and added things that don’t even reliably work (yes I’m talking about eyepatch parrot thing)

#12447 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

added things that don’t even reliably work (yes I’m talking about eyepatch parrot thing)

My take is that is intentionally semi-rare to make it a big deal when it happens.

#12448 4 years ago

I'm beginning to wonder if there should be a more narrow path to break the curse once it's coded.

Maybe complete- not just start- a wizard mode to light break the curse. Getting to all 5 wizard modes is just too superhuman. I mean, it's hard in Hobbit to get to the endgame, it'd be a heavenly miracle for Pirates.

#12449 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Do you work for jjp? How would you know that it has been started other than a post from 4 months ago. Just because a post was made that outlined a few character changes does not mean that anything has been started other than a few words in a forum. Meanwhile since our last update every other jjp machine has had updates including bigger ones that changes scoring and overall feel of the game. These games were already feature complete and while they may of needed updates there should be 0 prioritization of older machines to get updates over incomplete machines. Meanwhile I have a 10k toy that does not even have basic features programmed into it yet. Like for example I would love set my machine to easy 5 ball for mom and sis so maybe they could get a legitimate high score (I’ll often put in their names on my games so every high score isn’t gnar) but this basic feature is missing. Once again if they would communicate what is going on this would not be an issue. Hell they could even push an update that changes small thing and the argument would be over. But at this point a small update would just piss people off cause it’s been what 6 months since the last update that changed minor things and added things that don’t even reliably work (yes I’m talking about eyepatch parrot thing)

If you're directing that at me - No, I don't work for JJP, but do own all of their pins and have seen many JJP code updates over the past years and I use to volunteer to beta test new code. They don't ask for volunteers anymore and just have their set few people that do their testing. (I think previously the beta volunteers revealed too much before the code release in all of the excitement.) I can't find the source for proof, but I remember Keith or Eric had stated in a post, stream, or presentation at a show that Keith wanted to include the final wizard in with the rest of the .99 update but it wasn't ready yet. The updates to the characters that Keith posted 4 months ago was in response to people complaining about the weighting of advantages/disadvantages with the characters to show that it's already been addressed in the next update. Keith's health (and leave for recovery) gave a delay in the final wizard code that he was working on (per Eric). JJP wanted Wonka to have "complete" code at production. Over the summer, DI and Wonka needed investigation and code tweaks for functionality (in my opinion on that) and that would be higher priority than new modes if I was in charge of priorities.

Not looking to argue or defend JJP, just want to state what we do know that's not just rumor. Since it is rumored for JJP to not be able to respond to complaints or questions on their future products/code, we likely wont hear anything until the new code is released. Two more weeks and we will likely hear something from JJP at Expo. We at least can look forward to that.

#12450 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I'm beginning to wonder if there should be a more narrow path to break the curse once it's coded.
Maybe complete- not just start- a wizard mode to light break the curse. Getting to all 5 wizard modes is just too superhuman. I mean, it's hard in Hobbit to get to the endgame, it'd be a heavenly miracle for Pirates.

Which endgame are you referring to? There’s not a final wizard mode after battle of the 5 armies AFAIK

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/249?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.