(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 378.
#12251 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They pulled the plug so early, the SE might be the most limited of all models. LOL

According to info on Pinside they are:
CE 200
LE 650
SE 150

#12252 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting too that they are doing a new run of the Ruby red WOZ, with the monkey installed. I don’t know pricing but if they can do that, they can probably do another run of POTC at 15K(!)

REALLY? Arg... I don't think I can convince my wife to replace our 2nd WOZ which is an RR with a new RR. Damnit, would have loved that option.

#12253 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

REALLY? Arg... I don't think I can convince my wife to replace our 2nd WOZ which is an RR with a new RR. Damnit, would have loved that option.

Why would you want to replace an older RR with a newer one?

#12254 4 years ago

Just got the call from the delivery guy, my LE should be here in 15 mins!! fcking STOKED!!!

#12255 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Just got the call from the delivery guy, my LE should be here in 15 mins!! fcking STOKED!!!

Just reach out if you need any help. : )

#12256 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Why would you want to replace an older RR with a newer one?

I really just wanted a new ECLE. I didn't know about the "green" edition, but I also wanted the toys of the RR. I bought a used SE when I found out about the game (I was only playing and collecting old BW games basically) when I couldn't find anything else local. I ended up shipping a RR to me which had the gouvea mods (hard to come by) mostly for that reason but I would have loved a new one. Never have had a new game. I don't know if I even knew about YBR at that time, but I probably wouldn't have done it. Gotta have the monkey! Basically my story with POTC, when I finally figured out about the game, found somewhere to play it and looked for one it was just when everyone was posting they were sold out, at least LE were. I was going to end up with SE shipped to me but found the LE for sale locally and jumped on it.

I was the in line for Wonka new and cancelled when the whole playfield thing started.

Did JJP offer new playfields to Wonka owners too? Anyone here get a credit for the discounted ones they purchased yet for POTC? In the other thread people were saying Jack called them and said they would get a credit. I didn't get a call or a credit, wondering what is going on there.

#12257 4 years ago

IJ has been my favorite pin since I can remember flippin. Never thought a day would come when IJ is dethroned from the top but man I must say this game is truly special. First thing my wife said when potc was delivered today was "Wow, that looks like a updated version of IJ with millennial technology," and I have to agree with her. This one is it guys, my GOAT.

#12258 4 years ago

question : how to randomly select a caracter? seems to exist a flippers bouttons combinaison to this

#12259 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

question : how to randomly select a caracter? seems to exist a flippers bouttons combinaison to this

Hold down left flipper and hit right flipper 3 times fast. Might be 5 times

#12260 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Hold down left flipper and hit right flipper 3 times fast. Might be 5 times

It’s five.

#12261 4 years ago

Thx!

#12262 4 years ago

Arrrrrrr ya scallywags. Today is international talk like a pirate day.

#12263 4 years ago

Found a little tiny small brown Phillips head screw sitting on my
Coinbox.
I’ve searched and can’t identify where it may have come from.

Any ideas?

#12264 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Found a little tiny small brown Phillips head screw sitting on my
Coinbox.
I’ve searched and can’t identify where it may have come from.
Any ideas?

Coin mechs maybe.

#12265 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Coin mechs maybe.

I’ll check those tomorrow, didn’t think of that.

#12266 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I really just wanted a new ECLE. I didn't know about the "green" edition, but I also wanted the toys of the RR. I bought a used SE when I found out about the game (I was only playing and collecting old BW games basically) when I couldn't find anything else local. I ended up shipping a RR to me which had the gouvea mods (hard to come by) mostly for that reason but I would have loved a new one. Never have had a new game. I don't know if I even knew about YBR at that time, but I probably wouldn't have done it. Gotta have the monkey! Basically my story with POTC, when I finally figured out about the game, found somewhere to play it and looked for one it was just when everyone was posting they were sold out, at least LE were. I was going to end up with SE shipped to me but found the LE for sale locally and jumped on it.
I was the in line for Wonka new and cancelled when the whole playfield thing started.
Did JJP offer new playfields to Wonka owners too? Anyone here get a credit for the discounted ones they purchased yet for POTC? In the other thread people were saying Jack called them and said they would get a credit. I didn't get a call or a credit, wondering what is going on there.

At the very least, you're definitely better off for not buying the YBR. Maybe your wife will agree to a swap.

Or.....maybe wait 6 months or so, and see what Eric has put together. An even better plan, I'd say!

I haven't heard much regarding the playfields or refunds either.

#12267 4 years ago

Really strange occurance happened last night, first time in probably close to 1000 games played.

In a multiball and a ball got lost somewhere. Ball search didn’t find it, tilting didn’t find it and lifting PF didn’t reveal anything.

Wasn’t in the subway as I ran the other 4 balls through all the holes, don’t see it under the pearl and the BP vuk coil fires but don’t see a ball there either.

Any other odd spots it could get stuck?

#12268 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really strange occurance happened last night, first time in probably close to 1000 games played.
In a multiball and a ball got lost somewhere. Ball search didn’t find it, tilting didn’t find it and lifting PF didn’t reveal anything.
Wasn’t in the subway as I ran the other 4 balls through all the holes, don’t see it under the pearl and the BP vuk coil fires but don’t see a ball there either.
Any other odd spots it could get stuck?

See if a slingshot ate it. That's happened to me a couple times.

#12269 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See if a slingshot ate it. That's happened to me a couple times.

Thanks! Slingshot ate it somehow, never seen that before, lol.

#12270 4 years ago

Here is the small screw I found laying on my coinbox.

Doesn’t appear to be from the coin mech but can’t seem to locate where this type of hardware was used.

7E2FAA96-E978-43B8-AC0F-BC136B07A7EF (resized).jpeg7E2FAA96-E978-43B8-AC0F-BC136B07A7EF (resized).jpeg
#12271 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks! Slingshot ate it somehow, never seen that before, lol.

That happened other day to me as well, but even funnier was the airball that landed on top of the light fixture on lower left of the apron.

#12272 4 years ago

My JP LE showed up a couple days ago. Its a great game, pretty fun to play. But its got nothing on pirates.

I really hope JJP doesnt shift their game plan more towards lowering the BoM to a more stern level.

#12273 4 years ago

Rumors being posted about JJP running out of POTC parts and not going to produce any more. Has anyone heard or been told this by JJP?

Dedicated thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-running-out-of-potc-parts

#12274 4 years ago

my game has problem releasing balls from the chest when the multiball is at play. It looks like the either the gate doesn't retract back long enough or there isn't a enough angle for the gravity to push the ball down. Sometime all 3balls are stuck and sometimes it lets out 1 ball but goes into ball search when the chest gets stuck with 2 balls left.

#12275 4 years ago

Balls magnetized ?

LTG : )

#12276 4 years ago

no, i thought that at first so bought carbon balls and still doing the same thing. and I read some where in this thread about the balls bigger than usual so I measured with my caliper and it came out exactly 1 1/16"

#12277 4 years ago

Map hole T-nut fixed! Piece O’ Cake

0D18BA0F-D0FE-4ADE-A106-6D77FE258C23 (resized).jpeg0D18BA0F-D0FE-4ADE-A106-6D77FE258C23 (resized).jpeg
#12278 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Map hole T-nut fixed! Piece O’ Cake [quoted image]

How'd you do yours? remove everything like in the tech thread? I found that I could just cut if off with everything in place. Used a couple of strong magnets to catch the bits of metal.

Cut thru the edge enough that you could bend the tooth out with pliers. Cut it off then make it smooth. Also smoothed the other one where it was pushing the wood out also.

24D22941-E848-4440-BE9A-436E096AC482 (resized).jpeg24D22941-E848-4440-BE9A-436E096AC482 (resized).jpegC98F1754-7634-4448-B007-4D2D41C54A40 (resized).jpegC98F1754-7634-4448-B007-4D2D41C54A40 (resized).jpeg

#12279 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

How'd you do yours? remove everything like in the tech thread? I found that I could just cut if off with everything in place. Used a couple of strong magnets to catch the bits of metal.
Cut thru the edge enough that you could bend the tooth out with pliers. Cut it off then make it smooth. Also smoothed the other one where it was pushing the wood out also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well I had the need to remove the ship to install the map hole cliffy, put mylar in the chapter select area, and to trim this bracket as well. If you don’t plan on removing the ship, Your method looks great

How’s the BP ramp support coming along?
3F336B68-CD54-4431-A345-B1CACE15C5EB (resized).jpeg3F336B68-CD54-4431-A345-B1CACE15C5EB (resized).jpeg

#12280 4 years ago

Finished the ramp support.
It took quite a few revisions

Check for collisions with the pearl tilted as far right as it can go.

Check it actually works and the ball can't get stuck

Thingiverse download link : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3872733

Note : I forgot to mention that I’d already shaved down the left post post inside the sling under the ramp. As such I don’t know if this support will hold it off so that the top of the screw does t touch near the “P” in the ramp decal.

My guess is that it should because it is significantly higher at the pearl end.

If it isn't you can adjust it by printing the shorter version and using washers underneath to add extra height if you need it.

fusion 360fusion 360
Beta tests including strength testBeta tests including strength test
cura. Print with supportscura. Print with supports
just sits over the existing hex postjust sits over the existing hex post
new support vs black pearl when tipped far rightnew support vs black pearl when tipped far right
post sits in this little gap near the optopost sits in this little gap near the opto
use a post it to show you the true surface of the ramp during testinguse a post it to show you the true surface of the ramp during testing
only a slight bit of light showing throughonly a slight bit of light showing through

#12281 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s great. Are you selling it? That ramp design is horrible. How they couldn’t figure out the ball would get stuck there is beyond me. I’ve struggled to get it to work. Only thing so far that works is a thick yellow post rubber under the ramp over the sling protector. Looks terrible though. Would love a more elegant solution

#12282 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

That’s great. Are you selling it? That ramp design is horrible. How they couldn’t figure out the ball would get stuck there is beyond me. I’ve struggled to get it to work. Only thing so far that works is a thick yellow post rubber under the ramp over the sling protector. Looks terrible though. Would love a more elegant solution

Quoted from koops:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great job!

#12283 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Can you post a pic?

#12284 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you post a pic?

Do you mean of the rubber post sleeve? I actually have a second one which I’m going to paint brown so you don’t see it as much but until I find a better solution this is my solution I’ve tried multiple other things nothing works including all of the advice in this thread.

#12285 4 years ago

BTW Frank Becker quit Jersey Jack during Labor Day. So now it’s just Steve by himself until they replace him. So I’m sure they’re overwhelmed right now.

#12286 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Do you mean of the rubber post sleeve? I actually have a second one which I’m going to paint brown so you don’t see it as much but until I find a better solution this is my solution I’ve tried multiple other things nothing works including all of the advice in this thread.

I meant a pic where it’s supporting the ramp.

#12287 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Its not financially viable for me as i'm antipodean, postage is a killer for something so cheap.

The cost is about $0.80USD in filament (yes 80 cents! less for cheaper filament) and about 2 hours print time (@ 0.4mm layer height).

cura estimate : cost (resized).jpgcost (resized).jpg

If harry, or any other mod sellers, want to do it for local US guys and charge time and materials as a print service then that's fine by me.
If any aussie guys want them just pm me and i'll do it for cost + postage.

Otherwise apparently libraries in the US have printers apparently?

Had my first games with the support in.
Ball almost bounces back onto the ship off the one way gate

Edit : I forgot one thing. I did try making an adjustable version (by way of a threaded screw that pushes up) but there really wasn’t much space. I’ve since figured out a simple way by just adding washers to the hex spacer before adding the support. The problem is that I made the cylinder the exact size of the spacer. I’ll add an adjustable version to thingiverse and people can choose what version they want.

#12288 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

BTW Frank Welker quit Jersey Jack during Labor Day. So now it’s just Steve by himself until they replace him. So I’m sure they’re overwhelmed right now.

Frank WELKER? The voice actor?

#12289 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Frank WELKER? The voice actor?

Oh man my stupid autocorrect did that. I didn’t even notice it. Frank Becker. Lmao sorry I’ll correct original post.

#12290 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I meant a pic where it’s supporting the ramp.

Yes I thought that’s what you meant. I figured a photo of it in place. Yes later today I’ll take the glass off and get some closeups. I used the head of the screw on the top part of the sling protector to hold the sleeve from sliding back. All other attempts always failed because whatever I wedged in there would slide back until there was no pressure and the ball would still get stuck. This was the only thing I ever found that was perfect size to catch the head of that screw so that it would hold in place properly and not slide back and fail after 20 minutes. Super annoying. Had to take the glass of 40-50 times to get a stuck ball that even shaking the pin wouldn’t get to come off that ramp.

#12291 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes I thought that’s what you meant. I figured a photo of it in place. Yes later today I’ll take the glass off and get some closeups. I used the head of the screw on the top part of the sling protector to hold the sleeve from sliding back. All other attempts always failed because whatever I wedged in there would slide back until there was no pressure and the ball would still get stuck. This was the only thing I ever found that was perfect size to catch the head of that screw so that it would hold in place properly and not slide back and fail after 20 minutes. Super annoying. Had to take the glass of 40-50 times to get a stuck ball that even shaking the pin wouldn’t get to come off that ramp.

Sounds great, Thanks!

#12292 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you post a pic?

Here ya go. Was actually able to get decent photos with the glass on so let me know if this isn’t good enough. You can see the base of the sleeve resting against the top of the screw head holding the plate on top of the sling under the ramp.

Here’s the link to the actual rubber post:

https://www.pinballlife.com/rubber-bumper-sleeve-yellow-34-x-58.html
7909C70D-E7A7-46F4-BB4C-C48D5EFC9567 (resized).jpeg7909C70D-E7A7-46F4-BB4C-C48D5EFC9567 (resized).jpegE850D211-3A88-46F4-B986-A76B2891FBB1 (resized).jpegE850D211-3A88-46F4-B986-A76B2891FBB1 (resized).jpegD1AE8EE0-FCC4-48AC-A37D-0557B76C9281 (resized).jpegD1AE8EE0-FCC4-48AC-A37D-0557B76C9281 (resized).jpeg

#12293 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Here ya go. Was actually Able to get decent photos with the glass on so let me know if this isn’t good enough. You can see the base of the sleeve resting against the top of the screw head holding the plate on top of the swing under the ramp.
Here’s the link to the actual rubber post:
https://www.pinballlife.com/rubber-bumper-sleeve-yellow-34-x-58.html[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whatever works! Thank you!

#12294 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Whatever works! Thank you!

I know right! It kind of stinks we have to improvise but yeah at least it works. The sleeve is very thick and sturdy so there’s no way it will ever crush and fail so as long as it stays in place it you should be good to go. Also you will need to adjust the screws at the base of the ramp to get the right pitch and you may have to adjust the rubber crush washer holding up the right of the ramp. My crush washer is actually removed, however I removed it before I tried this option and it was just too much of a bitch to try to put back on without removing the whole ramp which I didn’t want to do.

#12295 4 years ago

They only make the sleeve in yellow so I’ll paint mine brown. I found it surprising how few different posts and sleeves were actually available online at least as I could find.

#12296 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

They only make the sleeve in yellow so I’ll paint mine brown. I found it surprising how few different posts and sleeves were actually available online at least as I could find.

You could also file down the front part at an angle (See pic) so the post is flush with the ramp. That may even provide better support. Just an idea....
FF72AD52-00C1-4E7C-B4D3-0A1CF4A6A2D5 (resized).jpegFF72AD52-00C1-4E7C-B4D3-0A1CF4A6A2D5 (resized).jpeg

#12297 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You could also file down the front part at an angle (See pic) so the post is flush with the ramp. That may even provide better support. Just an idea....
[quoted image]

Yes I actually thought of that and of having a custom rubber piece made with an angled top that I could superglue down but right now this works and I’m finally happy I can play without taking off my darn glass.

#12298 4 years ago

However it is that front edge that is supporting the ramp it’s at just the right height and angle. So if you were to cut that particular sleeve I don’t think it would work

#12299 4 years ago

Added a shorter version to the support just in case people need to make it higher again. The extra space allows someone to put washers at the bottom of the support and lift it higher. Probably better to use this one as it gives you more options.

shorter_version (resized).jpgshorter_version (resized).jpg

#12300 4 years ago

Good job Koops!

Can someone tell me which one goes first? The ball guide, map cliffy 2 or the scoop ball stop?
7BF7DDE1-B75B-415D-84BD-81DB3F5F4140 (resized).jpeg7BF7DDE1-B75B-415D-84BD-81DB3F5F4140 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/246?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.