(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 378.
#11951 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

All this time I've been playing my game with the volume loud and sub woofer turned way up (and my wife really loves me for that). This weekend I finally decided to try using headphones just to see what it was like. What a difference! I had no idea the small little background sounds and the quality of it! Just the complete sound of the cannons firing is incredible! And the best part is I can't hear my wife yelling at me to take the trash out!!! If you haven't done it yet, try it!!!!

The soundscape on this game is absolutely superb. It is a crime that the TWIPY went to Iron Maiden, as it really should have gone to POTC.

#11952 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

All this time I've been playing my game with the volume loud and sub woofer turned way up (and my wife really loves me for that). This weekend I finally decided to try using headphones just to see what it was like. What a difference! I had no idea the small little background sounds and the quality of it! Just the complete sound of the cannons firing is incredible! And the best part is I can't hear my wife yelling at me to take the trash out!!! If you haven't done it yet, try it!!!!

What brand/model headphones?

A while back, I tried to purchase a set for DI, but none would work properly. I bought/returned 7 sets in one day. Best Buy threatened to ban me from the store. haha.

#11953 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Unfortunately you are going to need to remove the BP. Once you do that you can easily remove the nuts that hold the plastic. While there you might as well do a good cleaning and check the mylar in the starmap. After you remove it a few times, it will be second nature and not a big deal.

Quoted from koops:

(If I am asking this in the wrong thread please let me know!)
I’ve been reading through all the old posts and saw the yelobird lantern fix.
I can’t remove the left side of the black pearl plastic due to the rear of the ship holding it down. Am I supposed to brute force it over the top?
[quoted image]

Are you talking about the black railing on the left side of the upper playfield in your picture (with the nut in the middle of it) or the clear plastic under the upper playfield and above the star map area? If you mean the black railing in your picture, can you remove the back of the Pearl so you can lift that plastic off? The left side top rear of the ship above the cannon door can be easily removed by three nuts behind that section near the coil on the back of the ship (between the upper playfield and the back board of the cabinet). Maybe you can lift that section up so you can remove the railing plastic?

If you’re referring to the clear plastic over the star map then go with what Heater suggests.

#11954 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Are you talking about the black railing on the left side of the upper playfield in your picture (with the nut in the middle of it) or the clear plastic under the upper playfield and above the star map area? If you mean the black railing in your picture, can you remove the back of the Pearl so you can lift that plastic off? The left side top rear of the ship above the cannon door can be easily removed by three nuts behind that section near the coil on the back of the ship (between the upper playfield and the back board of the cabinet). Maybe you can lift that section up so you can remove the railing plastic?
If you’re referring to the clear plastic over the star map then go with what Heater suggests.

The black plastic that has the lanterns on them. I couldn’t see any screws that held in that rear plastic and I feared that it was held in from the underside. I need to adjust the left “load” switch anyway. It leans left under the gate so most shots don’t register.

#11955 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

The black plastic that has the lanterns on them. I couldn’t see any screws that held in that rear plastic and I feared that it was held in from the underside. I need to adjust the left “load” switch anyway. It leans left under the gate so most shots don’t register.

Yep, here's a link to a post with a picture of what it looks like with that rear plastic off, and the three screws that fasten it from the back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/40#post-5154002

#11956 4 years ago

Backboard lighting is finally done, so anyone who ordered will start getting some ship notifications. I think it came out pretty good.

#11957 4 years ago

I need to check my Sub now after hearing that

#11958 4 years ago

It's bit a moment but we're ready to ship our spinning pop bumper upgrade. Works for all versions of the game, a great upgrade for a matching set of interactive barrels on your LE/CE and CE's can upgrade to the Davy Jones model.

Only a few of each character in stock. Jack's might be able to be found still, but Davy's are hard to come by.

SE is a plug and play install, no complex wiring or soldering. Only need a ratchet and a screw driver. Should take about 20 minutes for a mechanical person, maybe an hour if you are meticulous.

Install video is being produced. Thanks for the patient waiting while we perfected this. 10 different prototype sets were created, finishing techniques tested and lighting toppers custom finished for best light transmission. The interactive lighting looks awesome. Videos will be posted to the product thread and website shortly, waiting on processing the uploads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-spinning-pop-bumpers-upgrade

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#11959 4 years ago

Issue with too many balls being put into play after 2 have been locked in the chest. Played 2 games this evening as 3 player games with friends and both times the game kept spitting out 3 balls into the plunge lane for each turn. Anyone experience this and know a solution?

#11960 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Issue with too many balls being put into play after 2 have been locked in the chest. Played 2 games this evening as 3 player games with friends and both times the game kept spitting out 3 balls into the plunge lane for each turn. Anyone experience this and know a solution?

Adjust the chest release coil timing up or down until it’s doing the right thing. Easy fix, no tools needed!

#11961 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Adjust the chest release coil timing up or down until it’s doing the right thing. Easy fix, no tools needed!

Why would the timing of the chest release have anything to do with how many balls are spit in to the shooter lane?

If I recall correctly, POTC like WOZ knows how many balls are locked up and adjusts when it knows a locked ball is missing.

Sounds like the shooter lane switch or trough optos might have some issue, no?

#11962 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Why would the timing of the chest release have anything to do with how many balls are spit in to the shooter lane?
If I recall correctly, POTC like WOZ knows how many balls are locked up and adjusts when it knows a locked ball is missing.
Sounds like the shooter lane switch or trough optos might have some issue, no?

Ah I misread. Thought he was talking about the chest spitting out too many balls at once. Mea culpa.

#11963 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah I misread. Thought he was talking about the chest spitting out too many balls at once. Mea culpa.

Has anyone had to trim the foam in the chest? At first my game was fine, then the chest release wasn't opening enough so I bent it some. Now the balls aren't rolling, I think due to the foam. I was going to trim a little off with a scalpel or razor blade

#11964 4 years ago

Appreciate the feedback but I don't think it's any switches at all. Tested them and have no problems, turned on virtual lock for the chest and no longer have the issue. But it seems like when 1 player gets 1 locked and it remains in the chest, then another player gets their first chest lock, it thinks another lock is a multiball or something. Seems like a coding issue.

#11965 4 years ago

And now while we have been playing it randomly has the flippers go dead while playing a ball. No apparent reason or consistency. Totally random. I love this game but I've had to put so much work into it. More and more random problems that show up.

#11966 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

And now while we have been playing it randomly has the flippers go dead while playing a ball. No apparent reason or consistency. Totally random. I love this game but I've had to put so much work into it. More and more random problems that show up.

It thinks the ball has drained. So you likely have a loose connection in your ball trough or a bad opto.

Go into switch test mode and see if the optos for the trough all are ok. Then smack your open palm on the playfield firmly and see if any change.

#11967 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Has anyone had to trim the foam in the chest? At first my game was fine, then the chest release wasn't opening enough so I bent it some. Now the balls aren't rolling, I think due to the foam. I was going to trim a little off with a scalpel or razor blade

I experienced the same problem after a few games with the chest not releasing balls. I learned that the pulsing of the star map magnetized one or two of the balls rapidly. I observed the chest mech opening and the ball struggling to get out or not rolling due to them sticking together coupled with the chest being on a ever so slight incline. It wouldn't do it all the time depending on which balls was in the chest. I changed the balls and the problem would go away for a while until one got magnetized again. The long term fix is carbon steel balls. I have had no problems since. The easiest way to adjust the release is slightly bend the bracket that holds the coil. The sweet spot is when it opens enough to let a ball out but on a 1st locked ball doesn't roll right through it. I wouldn't recommend trimming the foam as it guides the ball through the release arm.
Good luck hope you fix it.

#11968 4 years ago

don't have this issue.
have another : no choices in preinstall modes, like 3balls, 5 balls, or easy normal etc.., screen is blank...
And strange that is no official music theme of POTC no ?

#11969 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

don't have this issue.
have another : no choices in preinstall modes, like 3balls, 5 balls, or easy normal etc.., screen is blank...
And strange that is no official music theme of POTC no ?

Normal normal and normal. Music was supposedly too expensive or some shit. And presets are still not in the programming. Why when people start bitching about code updates I always mention the most basic thing (presets) are still not in game.

#11970 4 years ago

Just sent deposit in to join this club. Decision to purchase was 100% based on Pinside positive reaction to this game. I've done this sort of thing before and have never been led astray. Hopefully will get either next weekend or the following. Hurricane Dorian might push back getting this bad boy a bit.

Very exciting.

#11971 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just sent deposit in to join this club. Decision to purchase was 100% based on Pinside positive reaction to this game. I've done this sort of thing before and have never been led astray. Hopefully will get either next weekend or the following. Hurricane Dorian might push back getting this bad boy a bit.
Very exciting.

nice job!

#11972 4 years ago

Just sent deposit in to join this club. Decision to purchase was 100% based on Pinside positive reaction to this game.
Very exciting.

Welcome! Never a dull moment owning a POTC.

#11973 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Welcome! Never a dull moment owning a POTC.

Because of fun or the tweaks needed? Maybe both?

#11974 4 years ago

Definitely both.

#11975 4 years ago

VERY fun game to play!!! Tweaks haven't been too crazy. Welcome aboard!!!

#11976 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It thinks the ball has drained. So you likely have a loose connection in your ball trough or a bad opto.
Go into switch test mode and see if the optos for the trough all are ok. Then smack your open palm on the playfield firmly and see if any change.

FYI, adding to my previous post, the issue was ocurring in 1 player mode as well. As soon as 2 balls were locked in the chest, it would feed three balls into the shooter lane every single time. So I don't know why it only occurs when there are 2 locked balls in the chest. Appreciate the suggestion, prior to reading your suggestion I went and tested all the switches and optos in the menu. Manually put one ball in the trough at a time and they all tested fine. I went and "force calibrated" the ship, checked optos in the chest trough, etc... Don't really know what fixed it, but it seems to be working properly now even though everything checked ok in the first place. Further diagnoses will have to wait until October when I get back from a work trip to Alaska.

#11977 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

FYI, adding to my previous post, the issue was ocurring in 1 player mode as well. As soon as 2 balls were locked in the chest, it would feed three balls into the shooter lane every single time. So I don't know why it only occurs when there are 2 locked balls in the chest. Appreciate the suggestion, prior to reading your suggestion I went and tested all the switches and optos in the menu. Manually put one ball in the trough at a time and they all tested fine. I went and "force calibrated" the ship, checked optos in the chest trough, etc... Don't really know what fixed it, but it seems to be working properly now even though everything checked ok in the first place. Further diagnoses will have to wait until October when I get back from a work trip to Alaska.

I don't think it has so much to do with how many are in the chest, but how many are left in the ball trough. That's where I would concentrate (the 4th and 3rd ball positions) if it reappears (and it probably will).

#11978 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think it has so much to do with how many are in the chest, but how many are left in the ball trough. That's where I would concentrate (the 4th and 3rd ball positions) if it reappears (and it probably will).

Makes sense, thanks for your input. I'll check in October when I get back.

#11979 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yup, the code knows what it is in the chest. As long as the chest optos are reporting correctly the game seems to properly adjust based on that. Usually with the shooter lane ball load issues it's the lane switch or the trough switch.

#11980 4 years ago

Not a big issue, but has been doing it since I've had it in January, but seems odd and no one even notices it but me.

Sometimes in gameplay I'll hear the sound that it makes when you boot it up and it tells you that there is a switch error. It seems software related and will probably be fixed when the next update comes out, but was wondering if anyone else has heard it.

#11981 4 years ago

How heavy is Pirates? Will a 300lb (max load) bar stool be able to support Pirates while I install the rear legs? I plan on installing the front legs first then lift the rear end and rest it on this bar stool. The machine is still in the box. Thanks!

#11982 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How heavy is Pirates? Will a 300lb (max load) bar stool be able to support Pirates while I install the rear legs? I plan on installing the front legs first then lift the rear end and rest it on this bar stool. The machine is still in the box. Thanks!

IIRC the box was listed as 330lbs. It's gonna be close.

I would strongly recommend you build the Harbor Freight pinball lift with the bimini cap mod. It's game changing for this!

#11983 4 years ago

It should be fine. Pretty much what I did. I’m with Zaphx though less than 100 bucks for a good lift table from harbor freight makes things so much easier.

#11984 4 years ago

Thanks guys! I got the HF lift cart, but I find it difficult to wedge it under the cab when the front legs are on the ground. I do plan on immediately putting it to use as soon as it’s resting on the stool to help support the load. I just hope the stool can withstand that minute or so while I get the cart in place

#11985 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

God it’s heavy. But I am pretty sure DI is heavier. Between 325 and 350

#11986 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

God it’s heavy. But I am pretty sure DI is heavier. Between 325 and 350

I have no frame of reference but if DI is heavier than pirates my mind would melt. They are both packed but I would expect the widebody to be appreciably heavier.

Pirates is the only game I have had a hard time tipping on my dolly. I needed help.

#11987 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Fwiw I believe ‘weight rated’ items usually bake in a little wiggle room when it comes to maximum loads. So I would imagine an extra 30lbs for a few minutes would be just fine. Especially if you had an extra set of hands helping out for those couple minutes.

Caveat emptor and all that jazz

#11988 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Fwiw I believe ‘weight rated’ items usually bake in a little wiggle room when it comes to maximum loads. So I would imagine an extra 30lbs for a few minutes would be just fine. Especially if you had an extra set of hands helping out for those couple minutes.
Caveat emptor and all that jazz

I agree with you. Only problem is, only the wife can lend a helping hand atm and the stool is from HF

#11989 4 years ago

Here's a fun little video I made of the spinning pop bumper upgrade.

#11990 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I agree with you. Only problem is, only the wife can lend a helping hand atm and the stool is from HF

Also keep in mind that the weight of the pin is shared between the front legs and the stool, so you should be fine. At least I think that's how gravity works

#11991 4 years ago

Quick question.

A ball gets stuck occasionally and i have to trap up, open the coin door and remove the glass to retrieve the stuck ball. However whenever i do the flipper goes dead and drains my ball. Frustrating only seems to happen when i have a good game going. My buddy said its a setting. But i cant seem to find the setting.

#11992 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Quick question.
A ball gets stuck occasionally and i have to trap up, open the coin door and remove the glass to retrieve the stuck ball. However whenever i do the flipper goes dead and drains my ball. Frustrating only seems to happen when i have a good game going. My buddy said its a setting. But i cant seem to find the setting.

this is not a setting, this is the interlock switch on the coin door to disable the high voltage when you open the door.

where is the ball getting stuck?

#11993 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

this is not a setting, this is the interlock switch on the coin door to disable the high voltage when you open the door.
where is the ball getting stuck?

well my maelstrom Modcouple mod keeps falling into the hole.

But so theres no way to make it so the flippers dont lose power.

#11994 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

well my maelstrom Modcouple mod keeps falling into the hole.
But so theres no way to make it so the flippers dont lose power.

Feel free to send me a PM and I can try to help you.

#11995 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Quick question.

You're better off shooting the ball into the MAP hole or The Depths or somewhere where it will need to be ejected, THEN opening the door because then the coil to kick it out won't work with the door open and the interlock switch off.

#11996 4 years ago

So I get a call today from Pinballsales.com.... Figured it is from back when I was looking for a POTCLE, voicemail is Jack and he wants to talk about my POTC. So I call back. Get this.... he is refunding my spare playfield purchase. Holy cow, I was not expecting this!!! I was happy to pay $550 for the playfield. He tells me that a couple people that he knows who replaced their playfields have not had any problems.

Stand-up guy that Jack!!!

#11997 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

So I get a call today from Pinballsales.com.... Figured it is from back when I was looking for a POTCLE, voicemail is Jack and he wants to talk about my POTC. So I call back. Get this.... he is refunding my spare playfield purchase. Holy cow, I was not expecting this!!! I was happy to pay $550 for the playfield. He tells me that a couple people that he knows who replaced their playfields have not had any problems.
Stand-up guy that Jack!!!

That’s fantastic news from a fantastic company! I recently reported chipping issues on my CE so hopefully I hear something as well.

#11998 4 years ago

Jack, JJP Jack? Or is this some other Jack?

#11999 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Jack, JJP Jack? Or is this some other Jack?

Really ?

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Wanted
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/240?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.