(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 378.
#11901 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Actually, the current POTC game software is version 1.39. The older revision number was simply a typo.

Fair enough. My mistake.

It does seem a bit disingenuous of them to call the code at a 1.0 state when the final wizard mode is missing. But it is what it is at this point.

#11902 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Actually, the current POTC game software is version 1.39. The older revision number was simply a typo.

What? you sure about that? Says .99 everywhere.

#11903 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Not sure where you're getting that info. The current game code is very clearly 0.99

#11904 4 years ago

as a general rule (In gaming) A number before 1.0 would mean features are missing. 1.0 would be a full release (full featured) but might still have bugs. Code is at .99 because all the features are not in the game. 1.0 SHOULD include the final break the curse and hopefully a reset so once its done you cna play though chapters again. as it sits now no final wizard mode and nothing to do after playing 25 chapters. Code is .99 not 1.36 or whatever the other guy said

#11905 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

as a general rule (In gaming) A number before 1.0 would mean features are missing. 1.0 would be a full release (full featured) but might still have bugs. Code is at .99 because all the features are not in the game. 1.0 SHOULD include the final break the curse and hopefully a reset so once its done you cna play though chapters again. as it sits now no final wizard mode and nothing to do after playing 25 chapters. Code is .99 not 1.36 or whatever the other guy said

Apparently my joke about the silly emphasis on version numbers was lost. The only reason POTC code 0.99 is because JJP software team is forthcoming, open and honest, and they shared their software-feature roadmap ahead of shipping it. And then we shame them for it (which will cause open communication to stop). Complaining about version numbers will simply cause their sales/marketing team to obfuscate them in the same way they will no longer share pre-production ideas with us after pinside's response to 3-disc-gate.

Just say "work faster and harder on my game" and call it a day.

#11906 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Apparently my joke about the silly emphasis on version numbers was lost. The only reason POTC code 0.99 is because JJP software team is forthcoming, open and honest, and they shared their software-feature roadmap ahead of shipping it. And then we shame them for it (which will cause open communication to stop). Complaining about version numbers will simply cause their sales/marketing team to obfuscate them in the same way they will no longer share pre-production ideas with us after pinside's response to 3-disc-gate.
Just say "work faster and harder on my game" and call it a day.

Ugh. Its not shaming them to wonder/speculate on what is going on behind the scenes with a code update that has been talked about for the better part of 10 months. JJP doesn't need people on Pinside to white knight for them and protect them from critique so their feelings won't get hurt.

If they want to share and be transparent they will. And if they don't they won't. And the world will continue to turn. And Pinside will continue to gripe.

#11907 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Ugh. Its not shaming them to wonder/speculate on what is going on behind the scenes with a code update that has been talked about for the better part of 10 months. JJP doesn't need people on Pinside to white knight for them and protect them from critique so their feelings won't get hurt.
If they want to share and be transparent they will. And if they don't they won't. And the world will continue to turn. And Pinside will continue to gripe.

But the last update wasn’t 10 months ago.

#11908 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But the last update wasn’t 10 months ago.

not sure if this is just a snarky semantic argument or what but i'm talking about the major update that will make the game 'complete.' it's been discussed around here since the beginning of the year, if not before.

yes they have released an update since then (in april lol) but as far as i recall it was mostly small bug fixes and some minor balancing. not the major character balancing or adding the final wizard mode to the game... which i'm guessing you knew i was referring to before you even posted.

#11909 4 years ago

Just wanted to correct a post of mine from earlier. It was in late March at TPF, not at MGC, where Eric said that Keith was working on the games super wizard mode and that it was coming together well.

#11910 4 years ago

not sure if this is just a snarky semantic argument or what but i'm talking about the major update that will make the game 'complete.' it's been discussed around here since the beginning of the year, if not before.
yes they have released an update since then (in april lol) but as far as i recall it was mostly small bug fixes and some minor balancing. not the major character balancing or adding the final wizard mode to the game... which i'm guessing you knew i was referring to before you even posted.

I’m eager to see 1.0 drop too, but my point is they haven’t been ignoring the game for 10 months (which is what I read your post to imply.)

They’re still working on it and gave us an update just a few months ago. I’m not at all worried about them finishing it.

#11911 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m eager to see 1.0 drop too, but my point is they haven’t been ignoring the game for 10 months (which is what I read your post to imply.)
They’re still working on it and gave us an update just a few months ago. I’m not at all worried about them finishing it.

Plus as it sits it's light years ahead of most recent Sterns at this point past release. Light. Years.

#11912 4 years ago

Haha someone just asked Eric on twitch any updates on PotC code. "In dev. No release date at this time"

#11913 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Haha someone just asked Eric on twitch any updates on PotC code. "In dev. No release date at this time"

your welcome,,,,

#11914 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

your welcome,,,,

Not sure it's worth continuing to badger them about...they have a track record of performance and people have been told multiple times that it's in development.

#11915 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Not sure it's worth continuing to badger them about...they have a track record of performance and people have been told multiple times that it's in development.

No offence but it wasn't a badger, it was a question, check yourself and the script on the stream. I actually gave Eric a compliment first.

#11916 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

No offence but it wasn't a badger, it was a question, check yourself and the script on the stream, I actually gave Eric a compliment.

#11917 4 years ago

I didn't say you specifically were badgering them, but every time these guys step somewhere they hear the same question...just saying I know how I'd feel if that was me is all. No need to take it as a personal slight.

#11918 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I didn't say you specifically were badgering them, but every time these guys step somewhere they hear the same question...just saying I know how I'd feel if that was me is all. No need to take it as a personal slight.

Conversely I'm sure these guys expect to hear these questions. Its the elephant in the room.

Plus they work in an industry that makes $8k+ toys for obsessed middle-aged white men who nitpick over every single minute nuance of said toys.

I'd wager they realize that its just part of the deal and go on with their lives without being offended like some of the folks on Pinside are on their behalf.

#11919 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Maybe people would stop asking them when they decide to make “appearances” if they communicated info. Last I checked would not be hard to say “hey guys finishing up potc code. Found a few bugs we are working on and adding a couple features. We are hoping to have everything polished up sometime in October. Sorry it’s been taking so long”. Hell in the wonka stream last night they chimes in on stuff they were changing for wonka. Last code update was may 6 if I remember right. 4 months is a long time for the couple little changes they have told us. Let’s be real here preset difficulties and 5 ball (you can still manually set 5 ball) are still not in the game it’s not just a final wizard mode

#11920 4 years ago

Conversely I'm sure these guys expect to hear these questions. Its the elephant in the room.
Plus they work in an industry that makes $8k+ toys for obsessed middle-aged white men who nitpick over every single minute nuance of said toys.
I'd wager they realize that its just part of the deal and go on with their lives without being offended like some of the folks on Pinside are on their behalf.

Fair enough, I was just sharing my perspective as you are yours, nothing to do with me being offended on their behalf.

#11921 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Fair enough, I was just sharing my perspective as you are yours, nothing to do with me being offended on their behalf.

I just got my game last week NIB from a distro so I am getting up to speed on it.....BRICKSHOT!

Let's Go Blues!

#11922 4 years ago

Welp. Those Wonka owners getting another post 1.0 code update are really feeling the JJP love these days. Funny how they don’t have to wait months and months for a feature complete game.

#11923 4 years ago

Frustrating. I guess there's no incentive to put it out anytime soon

#11924 4 years ago

Welp. Those Wonka owners getting another post 1.0 code update are really feeling the JJP love these days. Funny how they don’t have to wait months and months for a feature complete game.

To be fair the past few Wonka updates have been fairly small, the latest consisting of 4 change items. The last Pirates update is probably larger than the past 6 or more Wonka updates combined. I'm sure the Pirates 1.x will come and hopefully by Expo. Even at .99 Pirates is still far and beyond the deeper game. Wonka does appear to be targeting location play as its main audience, I believe JJP even admitted that.

#11925 4 years ago

Well, at least it's not Stern where you wait 1-4 YEARS to get a complete game (sometimes never - WoF, never forget). Hobbit aside, JJP gives MUCH more complete games at launch than Stern. It's not even close.

#11926 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, at least it's not Stern where you wait 1-4 YEARS to get a complete game (sometimes never - WoF, never forget). Hobbit aside, JJP gives MUCH more complete games at launch than Stern. It's not even close.

I agree. This isn't a Stern vs. JJP issue and was never intended to go that way. Both places make fine games.

I just find it interesting to see how much attention Wonka is getting post-launch compared to Pirates post-launch (and now a year later).

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

To be fair the past few Wonka updates have been fairly small, the latest consisting of 4 change items. The last Pirates update is probably larger than the past 6 or more Wonka updates combined. I'm sure the Pirates 1.x will come and hopefully by Expo. Even at .99 Pirates is still far and beyond the deeper game. Wonka does appear to be targeting location play as its main audience, I believe JJP even admitted that.

Sure. But Pirates didn't get little bug fixes ever couple of weeks post-launch. Maybe JJP has changed their methodology to be more agile with the small updates as opposed to compiling them all into a larger comprehensive update.

Just an observation really. I think everybody wants to see 1.0 at this point.

#11927 4 years ago

Just smashed my old high score. Barbossa 3.76 million no wizard modes

#11928 4 years ago

Officially became an "owner" today. Picked up my NIB POTC LE #227 and brought her home late this evening. Looking forward
to setting her up and playing a game soon. : )
Murphy

#11929 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Officially became an "owner" today. Picked up my NIB POTC LE #227 and brought her home late this evening. Looking forward
to setting her up and playing a game soon. : )
Murphy

Where are these LEs coming from? Are they bought and paid for ones that are finally being delivered?

#11930 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where are these LEs coming from? Are they bought and paid for ones that are finally being delivered?

Yea, I thought these were all purchased through every distributor about a month ago. I wanted an LE and couldn't get one anywhere.

#11931 4 years ago

Some distros over bought or had customers back out... I just got lucky, right place right time. Saw an ad on Mr. Pinball and sent an email...had a choice of a early build or later build LE...I took the later one.

#11932 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Some distros over bought or had customers back out... I just got lucky, right place right time. Saw an ad on Mr. Pinball and sent an email...had a choice of a early build or later build LE...I took the later one.

Good for you! Mr pinball is a good dude. Have bought 2 pins from him and always looked after me.

#11933 4 years ago

I agree. This isn't a Stern vs. JJP issue and was never intended to go that way. Both places make fine games.
I just find it interesting to see how much attention Wonka is getting post-launch compared to Pirates post-launch (and now a year later).

Sure. But Pirates didn't get little bug fixes ever couple of weeks post-launch. Maybe JJP has changed their methodology to be more agile with the small updates as opposed to compiling them all into a larger comprehensive update.
Just an observation really. I think everybody wants to see 1.0 at this point.

A few of the most recent Wonka updates primarily are trying to fix a diverter issue via code. So these were little updates for game functionality. Wonka is Joe's first pin as a lead on code and is really trying hard. Pirate's next update is primarily Keith (it sounds like). He probably has to balance working on other new pins with timing deadlines. He has always come through for us with some big game changing updates for the better. Be patient ... and the wait will be well worth it. He is the best coder out there IMHO.

#11934 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I bought my from a collector who ordered, but never opened the game. Very happy with it so far. : )

#11935 4 years ago

JJPOTC is becoming one of my favorite games. I'd buy another without hesitating. At first it is a lot to process, but as you start to figure it out, it becomes incredible. The depth of code is excellent and variety of shots remarkable. I love the sound and video integration, even without movie clips, which may even be better. I hope they do more down the line and bet it will happen. If CGC did their playfields, it would be even more like a new Williams to me.

#11936 4 years ago

I think the main reason code is delayed us because not only is Keith the lead programmer on the game, he looks out for the whole software team. That means a decent amount of his time is working with Joe to fix Wonka bugs, since that is their main production game currently. Not to mention working with Eric on game #6 which is supposed to be released in December. My best guess is we will see 1.x around Expo time

#11937 4 years ago

Two questions? So my New POTC is playing great except for two small issues.
1. At initial start up it told me to check the lower right slingshot switch...saying it was stuck closed. Sure enough, it was, and I fixed it. But now every time I boot up the game, it tells me the same issue. But I've checked and the switch is working. Should I have "cleared" the report somehow after fixing?
2. "Sometimes" during a game, when the ball drains, the game will not detect the ball draining. It will go through a ball hunt process, and take a long while to find it. Usually shaking the pin to the point of "Tilt" helps it find the ball.

Anything I can do to fix these two small issues? Awesome game. As dts just mentioned today, the game is ALOT to process. It's just incredible.

#11938 4 years ago

Two questions? So my New POTC is playing great except for two small issues.
1. At initial start up it told me to check the lower right slingshot switch...saying it was stuck closed. Sure enough, it was, and I fixed it. But now every time I boot up the game, it tells me the same issue. But I've checked and the switch is working. Should I have "cleared" the report somehow after fixing?
2. "Sometimes" during a game, when the ball drains, the game will not detect the ball draining. It will go through a ball hunt process, and take a long while to find it. Usually shaking the pin to the point of "Tilt" helps it find the ball.
Anything I can do to fix these two small issues? Awesome game. As dts just mentioned today, the game is ALOT to process. It's just incredible.

1. There are two switches on each sling. Are both clear?
2. A> Is your game leveled left to right? Good pitch front to back?
B> Check the ball for magnetism with a steel paperclip. If the balls get magnetized, they can "stick" to the trough.

#11939 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pirate's next update is primarily Keith (it sounds like). He probably has to balance working on other new pins with timing deadlines. He has always come through for us with some big game changing updates for the better. Be patient ... and the wait will be well worth it. He is the best coder out there IMHO.

Indeed he is!

#11940 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1. There are two switches on each sling. Are both clear?
2. A> Is your game leveled left to right? Good pitch front to back?
B> Check the ball for magnetism with a steel paperclip. If the balls get magnetized, they can "stick" to the trough.

Yes, both switches work great. I've been rebuilding EM's for around 15 years. : )

I'll check the side to side Level for sure and magnetism too. Thank you for your response!
Murph

#11941 4 years ago

Was anyone else's LE topper bar bolted to the head about 1" to the left of center? At first I wasn't going to put the topper on, but then I couldn't stop looking at the bar, and decided.."might as well go ahead and put the topper on". When I went to install it, you couldn't help but notice the topper sat too far to one side. Crazy funny. So I just did a "Topper Bar Delete" removing the whole enchilada and put everything in the topper box. problem solved.

#11942 4 years ago

Was anyone else's LE topper bar bolted to the head about 1" to the left of center? At first I wasn't going to put the topper on, but then I couldn't stop looking at the bar, and decided.."might as well go ahead and put the topper on". When I went to install it, you couldn't help but notice the topper sat too far to one side. Crazy funny. So I just did a "Topper Bar Delete" removing the whole enchilada and put everything in the topper box. problem solved.

There is a key post about this.

Does anyone know the differences in hardware between a potc and dialed in and why potc is so much quieter? I was wondering if something could be done to retrofit dialed in to make it as quiet. Cpu/power supply fans?

#11943 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Does anyone know the differences in hardware between a potc and dialed in and why potc is so much quieter? I was wondering if something could be done to retrofit dialed in to make it as quiet. Cpu/power supply fans?

DI has a very fast spinning fan - you can replace it, just a typical (if I recall correctly ) 80mm fan

#11944 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I know there's a loud fan in the DI backbox. I replaced it to cut the noise on Dialed In. Was unexpectedly more annoying than I anticipated because even though the backbox is stamped for carriage bolts, JJP didn't use them, just regular bolts that spin around when you tighten the nut (where a carriage bolt would stay in place).

I chose a replacement fan with yellow blades that kind of fit the Dialed In vibe. You only saw it if you took off the backglass, but I knew it was there. It was MUCH quieter.

Replacement Fan_small (resized).jpgReplacement Fan_small (resized).jpg
#11945 4 years ago

So this afternoon I set my best score of just over 300K. Still trying to load and shoot the cannon and sink the ship. (Man that's hard).
Anyhow while the ball was screaming around the pop bumpers it hit the lower switch on the slingshot under the Black Pearl ramp. The top of the switch"stuck" itself under the ramp, making the slingshot repeat engage over and over. Cut the game off, and plucked it out. I'll be trimming the top of that switch down after my Cliffy's come in. Pic attached of the culprit.
IMG_3795 (resized).jpgIMG_3795 (resized).jpg

#11946 4 years ago

I though about trimming that switch. I just loosened the screw on the bp ramp just a tad to give clearence. You could also probly pull the switch from underneath and add a spacer to bring the whole switch down a mm or 2

#11947 4 years ago

Does anyone recognise this part?

Found it in the bottom of my cabinet.

D8404994-6608-4300-B319-D85CCEA33474 (resized).jpegD8404994-6608-4300-B319-D85CCEA33474 (resized).jpeg

Edit : found it. Buffer at the back of the black pearl armature.

#11948 4 years ago

(If I am asking this in the wrong thread please let me know!)

I’ve been reading through all the old posts and saw the yelobird lantern fix.

I can’t remove the left side of the black pearl plastic due to the rear of the ship holding it down. Am I supposed to brute force it over the top?

7C1DA460-ECBB-4548-8457-667083930DDD (resized).jpeg7C1DA460-ECBB-4548-8457-667083930DDD (resized).jpeg

#11949 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

(If I am asking this in the wrong thread please let me know!)
I’ve been reading through all the old posts and saw the yelobird lantern fix.
I can’t remove the left side of the black pearl plastic due to the rear of the ship holding it down. Am I supposed to brute force it over the top?
[quoted image]

Unfortunately you are going to need to remove the BP. Once you do that you can easily remove the nuts that hold the plastic. While there you might as well do a good cleaning and check the mylar in the starmap. After you remove it a few times, it will be second nature and not a big deal.

#11950 4 years ago

All this time I've been playing my game with the volume loud and sub woofer turned way up (and my wife really loves me for that). This weekend I finally decided to try using headphones just to see what it was like. What a difference! I had no idea the small little background sounds and the quality of it! Just the complete sound of the cannons firing is incredible! And the best part is I can't hear my wife yelling at me to take the trash out!!! If you haven't done it yet, try it!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/239?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.