(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 378.
#11701 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI, Lowe's has that hinge in black.

My Lowe’s unfortunately didn’t have it. The good news is on my game I never see it. I have the trunk set where it doesn’t open high enough to expose it

#11702 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Any SE owners out there, I made an extra trunk mod with all the extra parts I had from my builder (direct plug and play for the SE. I’m only asking $100. If you have any interest, pm me!
[quoted image]

Y wont it work.on my le?

#11703 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Y wont it work.on my le?

It might work on the LE...i do not know which harnesses the LE/CE have used/not used. I know on the SE, I have a harness that ends and supplies 5v. It was a harness located at the bottom of the machine near the magnet that supplied power to the depths opto (back of playfield)
BE7565F2-1486-42DD-AAE7-9EEA30CF87AE (resized).jpegBE7565F2-1486-42DD-AAE7-9EEA30CF87AE (resized).jpeg

#11704 4 years ago

It might work on the LE...i do not know which harnesses the LE/CE have used/not used. I know on the SE, I have a harness that ends and supplies 5v. It was a harness located at the bottom of the machine near the magnet that supplied power to the depths opto (back of playfield)
[quoted image]

Ill give it a look

#11705 4 years ago

Can any LE owners tell me on the bottom right with the PF upright, have this connection in this same state (no female connected to it) tucked away?

It would be slightly left of the black pearls pink/purple harness I have labeled #1 in my game. Thanks!!

849E3BFB-D4A5-4D44-99AE-1BE696F5A0BE (resized).jpeg849E3BFB-D4A5-4D44-99AE-1BE696F5A0BE (resized).jpeg
#11706 4 years ago

Can any LE owners tell me on the bottom right with the PF upright, have this connection in this same state (no female connected to it) tucked away?
It would be slightly left of the black pearls pink/purple harness I have labeled #1 in my game. Thanks!![quoted image]

You sure that doesn't go up to the BP as well? I have had my playfield propped up for so long I forgot I don't even have the BP in. I believe the plug we are using goes to the main lighting board on the BP, if that is the same one you are looking at. So that is why we made it passthrough.

#11707 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

You sure that doesn't go up to the BP as well? I have had my playfield propped up for so long I forgot I don't even have the BP in. I believe the plug we are using goes to the main lighting board on the BP, if that is the same one you are looking at. So that is why we made it passthrough.

It didn’t. It was just in the bundle of wires to the left. My BP has 7 connections and they are all plugged in

#11708 4 years ago

It didn’t. It was just in the bundle of wires to the left. My BP has 7 connections and they are all plugged in

I'll check in an hour or so

#11709 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'll check in an hour or so

Thank you

#11710 4 years ago

Ha, no one mentioned this video was private. I didn't really tip it too much so it was probably ignored, just wanted everyone to see and comment if you had any thoughts.

------------

Coming soon to a start button near you, first prototype. Lens color options, insert options (so far heart and skull) and light color options. Also options for effect controller add on, including heartbeat and flame flickering.

#11711 4 years ago

Now that is cool. Scott,, you are going to bust me with all of your cool mods. I want one.

#11712 4 years ago

It would be slightly left of the black pearls pink/purple harness I have labeled #1 in my game. Thanks!![quoted image]

It’s funny you mention that, yesterday I was looking under my playfield in the maelstrom area and found two male moles connections that don’t seem to go to anything.

#11713 4 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

It’s funny you mention that, yesterday I was looking under my playfield in the maelstrom area and found two male moles connections that don’t seem to go to anything.

Theses guys????

0Qxp0Bl (resized).png0Qxp0Bl (resized).png
#11714 4 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

You have an SE?

#11715 4 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

These? They appear to me to be switch-related

I am not finding an unterminated molex connector at the bottom right of the playfield underside.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11716 4 years ago

So for the trunk mod, if you have an se, you can use a connector that I believe would normally be for the star map. If you have a LE or CE, you need to have a pass through with an extra connector. Both are easy. One just requires another .30 cent molex

#11717 4 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Game works ? No errors ? They are extras. Games often have unused connectors.

LTG : )

#11718 4 years ago

Hi. I’m new to the club. Just got a standard edition on Friday from a distributor (open box floor model). Does anyone have a fix for the ball getting stuck under the upper left flipper on the upper playfield? Happens quite a bit and it’s a bit annoying.

4E6B0CCE-D93C-4218-A135-EE14892EA19E (resized).jpeg4E6B0CCE-D93C-4218-A135-EE14892EA19E (resized).jpeg
#11719 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Hi. I’m new to the club. Just got a standard edition on Friday from a distributor (open box floor model). Does anyone have a fix for the ball getting stuck under the upper left flipper on the upper playfield? Happens quite a bit and it’s a bit annoying.[quoted image]

Check to make sure the wiring bundle at the rear of the game is not binding against the Pearl. This looks to me like your ship isn’t rocking as much as it should.

#11720 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Check to make sure the wiring bundle at the rear of the game is not binding against the Pearl. This looks to me like your ship isn’t rocking as much as it should.

Could you please tell me which setting you have your ship rocking on? Maybe I need to turn it up more

#11721 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Could you please tell me which setting you have your ship rocking on? Maybe I need to turn it up more

Not sure, whatever is the default.

Does the ship rock when it goes into ball search mode?

#11722 4 years ago

Check the troubleshooting thread. The solution is to tighten the hex screw that sits at the bottom of the spot hex on the right hand side of the ramp. This makes the ramp lean a bit more to the right. That troubleshooting thread has a good index on it. Thank you to PinMonk

#11723 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The solution is to tighten the hex screw that sits at the bottom of the spot hex on the right hand side of the ramp. This makes the ramp lean a bit more to the right.

Where the red arrow is pointing.

LTG : )

DSC00679 (resized).JPGDSC00679 (resized).JPG
#11724 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where the red arrow is pointing.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Thank you all. I defaulted back to the original settings and tightened the hex screw. Seems a tad better which is cool with me

#11725 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Thank you all. I defaulted back to the original settings and tightened the hex screw. Seems a tad better which is cool with me

If loosening or removing the other ramp post doesn't help, try loosening the left black screw at base of your ramp just a *tiny* bit. I found if this was cranked down a lot, the pressure raises the left-side of the other end of the ramp. This screw is also holding your ramp in place at the bottom, so don't loosen it too much!

#11726 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

If loosening or removing the other ramp post doesn't help, try loosening the left black screw at base of your ramp just a *tiny* bit. I found if this was cranked down a lot, the pressure raises the left-side of the other end of the ramp. This screw is also holding your ramp in place at the bottom, so don't loosen it too much!

I’ll try that. Thank you

#11727 4 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Here's what I did:
1. From underneath, I removed the 2 nuts holding the pop bumper ring and removed it from the yoke:

Quoted from JordanB:

Here's what I did:
1. From underneath, I removed the 2 nuts holding the pop bumper ring and removed it from the yoke:
[quoted image]
I think this is necessary to allow enough movement topside. It was awkward until I removed the right support.
2. remove Tom using the allen wrench
3. Once you have Tom and his plate off, you'll see the motor (which the plate was attached to). Undo the two screws holding the motor in:
[quoted image]
and pull the motor part way out. I think there should be enough slack in the wire.
4. Next, unscrew the two screws holding down the white pop bumper housing.
Here's a photo where you can see one of them (there are two):
[quoted image]
Things should be loose enough to get access to the troublesome scoop screws. The motor unplugs from the underside (yellow molex coupler) if you need more slack.
I think that's it... sorry if I missed any steps!

When you removed the 2 nuts underneath did everything come off at the bottom i.e. the spring, plates etc.

#11728 4 years ago

On a different issue, I received my JJP Pirates pin about six weeks ago. It appears to me that I have a lamp issue with the arrows, or maybe this is normal. When starting up a game, the middle four arrows and the one on the right loop flicker (they are dimmer than they appear in the video), while the two left arrows are completely out.

When one of these shots is made, the arrows go full bright and all other game play is OK.

Is what you see in these videos normal for those arrow insert lamps? JJP Tech does not seem to know.

The first video is at the start of a game. The second video is during game play and the arrow to the ramp is flickering to the same frequency and the arrow behind it near the map hole.

#11729 4 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Is what you see in these videos normal for those arrow insert lamps? JJP Tech does not seem to know.

mine does the same thing as it's not as strong as the other blinking red arrow inserts.

#11730 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

When you removed the 2 nuts underneath did everything come off at the bottom i.e. the spring, plates etc.

Here’s a link to the advice I followed when I installed my Cliffy’s. Worked for me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues#post-4934930

#11731 4 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

On a different issue, I received my JJP Pirates pin about six weeks ago. It appears to me that I have a lamp issue with the arrows, or maybe this is normal. When starting up a game, the middle four arrows and the one on the right loop flicker (they are dimmer than they appear in the video), while the two left arrows are completely out.
When one of these shots is made, the arrows go full bright and all other game play is OK.
The first video is at the start of a game. The second video is during game play and the arrow to the ramp is flickering to the same frequency and the arrow behind it near the map hole.

One idea: Maybe watch an archived stream somewhere and check to see if what you’re seeing is the same on other machines.

#11732 4 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Definitely does not appear to be normal.

#11733 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Definitely does not appear to be normal.

it only does that when blinking, but other times its as solid red color as the other inserts....maybe thinking the LED isn't close enough.

#11734 4 years ago

My arrow for the ship is also dim like that but when you go into LED mode in the test menu, it’s as bright as could be so I think it’s just a software issue not giving enough power to the LED

#11735 4 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Looks normal to me. When you’re down to 1 shot for Maelstrom, the shot you need flashes with the intensity you showed in the second video.

#11736 4 years ago

So has anyone made it to the final wizard mode? Is it even programmed? I’m sure I have years before I’ll get there but I’m mostly curious If there are any major features missing and due for a code update...

#11737 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So has anyone made it to the final wizard mode? ...

Doesn't exist yet.

#11738 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So has anyone made it to the final wizard mode? Is it even programmed? I’m sure I have years before I’ll get there but I’m mostly curious If there are any major features missing and due for a code update...

Final wizard mode is not in the code yet. We're all still waiting for the 1.0 release. Other confirmed updates will include some balancing of the character features.

#11739 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Final wizard mode is not in the code yet. We're all still waiting for the 1.0 release. Other confirmed updates will include some balancing of the character features.

Got it. Thx for clarifying !

#11740 4 years ago

Got my first treasure horde today! Now just have to get my 666666, 4 of the other wizard modes, OST super jackpot and some decent shot x scores. Be awesome if SDTM scored big points during shot x, I swear there’s a magnet down there as soon as any big reward is lit in this game.

#11741 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Doesn't exist yet.

WOZ just got another code update yesterday (smaller update), Dialed In got another update, and Wonka is on 1.09 now. Pirates remains on .99...just doesn't seem right considering the game was released over a year ago

#11742 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ just got another code update yesterday (smaller update), Dialed In got another update, and Wonka is on 1.09 now. Pirates remains on .99...just doesn't seem right considering the game was released over a year ago

I feel like POTC is the bastard child of the JJP lineup.

#11743 4 years ago

I'm enjoying the game a lot, scoring 1m-2m regularly, but I need some strategy tips to break through to the next level.
I need this whole Shot X Super X Bonus X exc.. cleared up some as to when to shoot for these. someone kind of explained them back in here somewhere. are they explained in the manual? . I saw the video of the guy who had the 24m shot.. I would need a map drown out to figure out what was necessary to do that..I would be happy to get some help to get to 3-5m game .

#11744 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm enjoying the game a lot, scoring 1m-2m regularly, but I need some strategy tips to break through to the next level.
I need this whole Shot X Super X Bonus X exc.. cleared up some as to when to shoot for these. someone kind of explained them back in here somewhere. are they explained in the manual? . I saw the video of the guy who had the 24m shot.. I would need a map drown out to figure out what was necessary to do that..I would be happy to get some help to get to 3-5m game .

The way I play the game (not withstanding character-specific strats) is to always prioritize the following pirate lane awards: Super X (always 1st priority unless EB is available), Shot X, Arr Frenzy, and Light EB...just paying attention to these and never getting the lesser awards will improve your scores. Stacking Super X with all things and making sure you collect the highest Super X available is advised From the 5th Super X available on, you will always have 6x available.

#11745 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

The way I play the game (not withstanding character-specific strats) is to always prioritize the following pirate lane awards: Super X (always 1st priority unless EB is available), Shot X, Arr Frenzy, and Light EB...just paying attention to these and never getting the lesser awards will improve your scores. Stacking Super X with all things and making sure you collect the highest Super X available is advised From the 5th Super X available on, you will always have 6x available.

I would also say Karl's 20M+ shot is not super complicated to understand, just hard to pull off...6X super X stacked with 6X shot X on Dead Men Tell No Tales Wizard Mode while ensuring to collect as many souls as possible leading into that wizard mode. The more souls, the better the base score...multiply the base score by 36 and :boom:

#11746 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

The more souls, the better the base score...

For added bonus, double your souls by risking them all in Liar's Dice beforehand!

Quoted from tonycip:

I need some strategy tips to break through to the next level.

A dead easy-to-understand strategy, but very grindy, is to play as Gibbs and horde as much gold as possible before starting Tortuga. Shot values are great at 500 gold, somewhere around 25k each shot I think, unmultiplied. More is even better of course...
tortuga (resized).pngtortuga (resized).png

#11747 4 years ago

Soooo....I am now unexpectedly part of this crazy club! Long story short, pinball fan for years...insert standard pinball story here...and always wanted to start a modest collection. I was actually waiting on the rumored JJP GNR pin to be my first. However, I have been playing POTC on location and, I have to say, I became obsessed. I debated for weeks on what to do and how I would find one. Well, a surprising opportunity came up for me to purchase a NIB LE from Automated Services in CT. Apparently, they had a very late cancellation on the game - right time, right place for me I suppose. As an aside, Automated also told me that they had also received 1-2 SEs that were still available as of late last week (if anyone is still hoping to nab a new one from a distributor). They have been really fantastic to this point and hoping that continues well into the post-sale, especially with this one.

Reading the ups and downs of this thread, the troubleshooting thread, and chipping pf thread is not for the faint of heart. I won't lie, these threads had me questioning my judgment and my purchase decision again and again. But now that it has been delivered, and seeing the family so excited, I feel SO fortunate that I was able to get one and I'm ready to jump in, learn, and have a great time. Thanks to all contributing to these threads! Your time and effort in helping others are extremely valuable, especially for new pinball owners like me.

First post ever. First pin ever. JJPPOTC LE #1012. Wish me luck...

IMG_5858 (resized).jpgIMG_5858 (resized).jpg
#11748 4 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Soooo....I am now unexpectedly part of this crazy club! Long story short, pinball fan for years...insert standard pinball story here...and always wanted to start a modest collection. I was actually waiting on the rumored JJP GNR pin to be my first. However, I have been playing POTC on location and, I have to say, I became obsessed. I debated for weeks on what to do and how I would find one. Well, a surprising opportunity came up for me to purchase a NIB LE from Automated Services in CT. Apparently, they had a very late cancellation on the game - right time, right place for me I suppose. As an aside, Automated also told me that they had also received 1-2 SEs that were still available as of late last week (if anyone is still hoping to nab a new one from a distributor). They have been really fantastic to this point and hoping that continues well into the post-sale, especially with this one.
Reading the ups and downs of this thread, the troubleshooting thread, and chipping pf thread is not for the faint of heart. I won't lie, these threads had me questioning my judgment and my purchase decision again and again. But now that it has been delivered, and seeing the family so excited, I feel SO fortunate that I was able to get one and I'm ready to jump in, learn, and have a great time. Thanks to all contributing to these threads! Your time and effort in helping others are extremely valuable, especially for new pinball owners like me.
First post ever. First pin ever. JJPPOTC LE #1012. Wish me luck...[quoted image]

Wow, a factory LE at this late date - you're very lucky! Enjoy the game!

#11749 4 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

First post ever. First pin ever. JJPPOTC LE #1012. Wish me luck...[quoted image]

Have fun and just enjoy the game which is what they are designed for. Don't worry too much about all the small stuff and little nit picking going on with every pin these days. Make sure its working correctly and all the documented fixed are done and you will be fine.

#11750 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have fun and just enjoy the game which is what they are designed for. Don't worry too much about all the small stuff and little nit picking going on with every pin these days. Make sure its working correctly and all the documented fixed are done and you will be fine.

That is exactly what I'm going to try and do. I realize I need to actually play this thing and not worry too much about what could or might happen. All I can do is just be knowledgeable and prepared (thanks to you all) when things come up. However, below are some preventative items (either relatively simple to do or prevent some major issue down the road) to do before really playing:

Playfield:
- install JJP star posts, washers, mylars on slings
- spot check and address all other posts for ripples
- install all mylars (including star map, BP VUK and overboard area)
- grind/remove T-nut from MAP hole (this one scares me more than it probably should)
- check/align Mystery hole deflector
- Cliffys will need to come later

Black Pearl:
- test BP VUK power setting (will start with 20)
- check BP/Dauntless cannon alignment

Miscellaneous:
- check upper flipper for SDTM alignment
- spotlight e-tape connections
- check and tighten all loose nuts
- check subway post

I already know where to locate all of these answers and posts. I just wanted feedback on this list. Anything I missed that you guys would do if you were opening a NIB? Anything here that is overkill and I should just worry about later?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/235?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.