(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 378.
#11651 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

FYI there are 2 set screws. Good luck.

Yep .. issue was the gear was cracked.. guess the 3d printed part cld not hold up over time..

#11652 4 years ago

Just wondering, after the game is over it shows these funny looking bar code things. What are they and what do they actually show?

#11653 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Just wondering, after the game is over it shows these funny looking bar code things. What are they and what do they actually show?

You can use your phone camera to scan that and it will post to your Twitter feed showing your high score

#11654 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

You can use your phone camera to scan that and it will post to your Twitter feed showing your high score

Thanks for the info.

I have also noticed on some games it has that weird barcode on the game rules card. What does those do?

#11655 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Thanks for the info.
I have also noticed on some games it has that weird barcode on the game rules card. What does those do?

Probably takes you to a website with rules. They are called QR codes

#11656 4 years ago

Guys quick question, my pop bumper led light on my SE ( the one that is a spinner on les/ce ) never flashes in the game like the other 3. It does work in the test mode and even changes colors in the test mode. Does it only flash at certain times?

#11657 4 years ago

Probably takes you to a website with rules. They are called QR codes

Thanks again for the info. I have a flip phone and not on twitter or anything but my friends with smart phones have not been able to figure it out.

#11658 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys quick question, my pop bumper led light on my SE ( the one that is a spinner on les/ce ) never flashes in the game like the other 3. It does work in the test mode and even changes colors in the test mode. Does it only flash at certain times?

I'm pretty sure mine (I have a LE so only 2) are the same color as the insert for the pop. It may be different on the SE though

#11659 4 years ago

My previous best score was 1.6m and was wondering how to get better. So added the extra ball on replay. Anyway Audioenslaved had a visit to have a play and of course he gets the extra ball. Now he’s a player and got 40k points shy of my best. So I realised what’s the point of having a replay extra ball if only the good players are going to get it and bore the crap out of us mere mortals. So of course I removed the replay and then removed @audioenslaved’s taint from my game (sorry mate!) and then put this in today no awards:
2899BC11-B1C8-4F0B-81DB-3AB8A1127473 (resized).jpeg2899BC11-B1C8-4F0B-81DB-3AB8A1127473 (resized).jpeg

First time I’ve really seen this game open up. 3 lots of liars, one finished my combos the other gave me an extra ball. I disagree with liars being hard to win. Forgot to go for the tortuga hole for the treasures until it was too late. Got the only wizard I have had before which was the dead mans chest. Took about 30 minutes. Awesome game, love it.

#11660 4 years ago

Anyone at ReplayFX get a chance to talk to Keefer? Maybe he’d say when to expect the new code.

#11661 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to reset my high scores without resetting my audit data? I want to update to .99 and would like a fresh start on my high scores without losing my total number of games on machine.
Thanks

#11662 4 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to reset my high scores without resetting my audit data? I want to update to .99 and would like a fresh start on my high scores without losing my total number of games on machine.

Any update I do I usually back up my settings.

Update to .99 reinstall your settings.

Then go to Resets - Reset High Scores ( page B-56 in the manual - you can download from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates.

LTG : )

#11663 4 years ago

Chest mod complete! Now my SE is even better lol

Cool.....I don't mind it being open actually as you can see how many balls are in the Chest...just my opinion.

#11664 4 years ago

Correction...not cool....very Cooooool !

#11665 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any update I do I usually back up my settings.
Update to .99 reinstall your settings.
Then go to Resets - Reset High Scores ( page B-56 in the manual - you can download from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates.

Thanks!

#11666 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Cool.....I don't mind it being open actually as you can see how many balls are in the Chest...just my opinion.

I would agree if the balls always stayed in the trunk but sometimes they come out on other multi ball modes so the amount of balls in the trunk may not always be a true representation of what’s needed to get dead man’s chest MB

#11667 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I took some pics for people wanting to install the Cliffy on the Tortuga/Mystery hole. I have to give some credit to jordanb for his post earlier:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/59#post-4787267
Diverting from that guidance, I did NOT loosen anything underneath the playfield to get enough slack in the white pop skirt.
Hopefully this is helpful:
1) I used a 5/64 allen wrench to get Tortuga Tom off.
2) Take the two phillips screws securing the motor to the base out, but ENSURE you are mindful to catch the small white plastic spacers that become loose as soon as you take those screws out. I always work with a cloth on the playfield to block potential holes where parts that I don't see can fall into making a 15 minute install take over an hour just to find the parts I dropped while installing.
3) You should get enough slack in the motor to wiggle it out enough to expose two additional phillips head screws securing the bottom of the assembly. I took those out with a magnetic screw driver. If you need extra slack, the motor plugs into a molex underneath the playfield which you can unplug to give you additional slack. They don't need to come all the way out, but this is what gives you the slack to get a screw driver into the two screws holding the VUK ball guide (the same one that gives everyone trouble with SDTM out of the Tortuga/Mystery kicker).
4) I loosened the post/rubber by hand from the top of the playfield.
5) After cleaning the area with an alcohol rub (Cliffy supplied), I placed the Cliffy and then re-installed everything in backwards order.
Now onto the MAP hole Cliffy...but I need to wait for a friend's extra hands to take that on since the ship has to come off completely.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok EVH###, I wish i would have seen this as I took the screws of the top of Tortuga, then was a pain to get the screw in that is blocked by his hand.

Now, I couldn't complete putting the Cliffy on as I couldn't get a screw driver on the VUK guide without damaging the Skirt. How did you get yours off without damaging the skirt?

Thx, Tony

#11668 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

The MAP hole is also heavily mylar'd, but I recently discovered that a small corner has begun to lift up, so I do want to get a Cliffy there soon.

My corner was lifting too, and I should have pulled it off, but installed MAP cliffy right over it. It will hold it down, but I'm concerned the little corner that was lifting might come up and just cause dirt to build up there.

#11669 4 years ago

So on the SE, all the pop bumpers have lights. Funny thing is, during a game, only two light up (the two that light up would be the same ones that are in the LE without the motors). Is there any way to report that bug?

#11670 4 years ago

So on the SE, all the pop bumpers have lights. Funny thing is, during a game, only two light up (the two that light up would be the same ones that are in the LE without the motors). Is there any way to report that bug?

So I have a SE and removed the pop bumper covers, I ran a LED test and they do all light up white, blue, red. Yes you are correct on my machine those 2 do not light up during gameplay. Maybe I can message Eric and see what he says.

#11671 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

So I have a SE and removed the pop bumper covers, I ran a LED test and they do all light up white, blue, red. Yes you are correct on my machine those 2 do not light up during gameplay. Maybe I can message Eric and see what he says.

Same here. All 4 light up in the menu under LED test but during the game it’s def only the 2. It’s def a software related issue.

#11672 4 years ago

I contacted Eric and he was unaware, he passed this info along to the software team. I'll report back if I hear anything else.

#11673 4 years ago

I think the le pop bumper lights are the same way...

#11674 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think the le pop bumper lights are the same way...

Yeah but we have those big opaque spiny things on top, so light doesn’t matter.

#11675 4 years ago

Since I might be the only person that has bought like every single mod that exists for this game I thought I would share a few pics... but I wanted to say c'mon keep them coming. We need a zombie shark for the ramp up to the ship, we need a skeleton with a wheel to guide the ship, we need a dingy boat with captain jack going into the cave. Keep them coming.

I wanted to say by far the best mods are from the Mod Couple these guys knock it out of the park!

I did however add that new apron looks awesome and the window/door for the ship... easy to install and looks great!

IMG_4850 (resized).jpgIMG_4850 (resized).jpgIMG_4851 (resized).jpgIMG_4851 (resized).jpgIMG_4852 (resized).jpgIMG_4852 (resized).jpgIMG_4853 (resized).jpgIMG_4853 (resized).jpgIMG_4854 (resized).jpgIMG_4854 (resized).jpg
#11676 4 years ago

Is there a preference or recommendation on buying a NIB early run or later run on these games given the opportunity?

Thanks!

#11677 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is there a preference or recommendation on buying a NIB early run or later run on these games given the opportunity?
Thanks!

If you can find a game, you should buy it. You're not going to be finding a lot of them

#11678 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Since I might be the only person that has bought like every single mod that exists for this game I thought I would share a few pics... but I wanted to say c'mon keep them coming. We need a zombie shark for the ramp up to the ship, we need a skeleton with a wheel to guide the ship, we need a dingy boat with captain jack going into the cave. Keep them coming.
I wanted to say by far the best mods are from the Mod Couple these guys knock it out of the park!
I did however add that new apron looks awesome and the window/door for the ship... easy to install and looks great![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. Where did you get the window/door for the black pearl?

#11679 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Looks like Harry Houdini’s

#11680 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

They sell it here on pinside and I think its the only place you can buy it. They also sell those aprons which are really cool. Just find the machine on the machine list and you'll see the ads right under it.

#11681 4 years ago

nice drfrightner looking good! But do you have a tunk that opens and closes

#11682 4 years ago

Help!!

JJP is closed for the day and I just received a replacement monitor that I do not think is meant for my game. Anybody else one that looks like this? If so how do I power it up?

I have my entire league coming for a huge stream tonight and was counting on this to work. Super bummed.

I’ll hit JJP up in the morning but if anyone has seen a display like this please let me know.

- JC

DDE9D02C-49F3-4D48-B00A-447C0A7E2DF0.jpegDDE9D02C-49F3-4D48-B00A-447C0A7E2DF0.jpeg
#11683 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Help!!
JJP is closed for the day and I just received a replacement monitor that I do not think is meant for my game. Anybody else one that looks like this? If so how do I power it up?
I have my entire league coming for a huge stream tonight and was counting on this to work. Super bummed.
I’ll hit JJP up in the morning but if anyone has seen a display like this please let me know.
- JC[quoted image]

Can you ask Lloyd for help? LTG ??

#11684 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Help!!
- JC[quoted image]

I would reach out to #LTG Lloyd at the top of the Pinside forum page. He is the JJP support man that never sleeps. He has helped me at midnight with must fix pinball issues. Give him a call

#11685 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would reach out to #LTG Lloyd at the top of the Pinside forum page. He is the JJP support man that never sleeps. He has helped me at midnight with must fix pinball issues. Give him a call

Snap!

#11686 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Help!!
- JC[quoted image]

Looks like the DC-IN is where the power goes. Probably a 12v AC Adapter. If you're very lucky there might be a marking for how many amps it wants by the DC port.

So if your machine doesn't have the same setup (looks like maybe this replacement monitor is from Hobbit? I don't remember seeing a box like that on the back of the jjPotC machines screen) a 12v AC adapter (not sure of the amps, sorry) and a HDMI or DVI cable should have you in business. You have to remember that basically you're just dealing with a PC (the pinball machine) and a computer monitor. Should be solvable.

#11687 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like the DC-IN is where the power goes. Probably a 12v AC Adapter.

This.

#11688 4 years ago

Looks like my ship is the Rocinante....

20190802_123139 (resized).jpg20190802_123139 (resized).jpg
#11689 4 years ago

My wife was playing and ball got stuck on upper playfield.. after looking it was the spotlight that was hitting the ball and top or the right flipper.

So added a lock washer with Blue Loctite, then still had to bend up the metal so that it didn't hit. I added the washer as to not have to bend the light up too high where it didn't hit the back of upper playfield...so now light is still directed down like it was intended to.

IMG-4419 (resized).JPGIMG-4419 (resized).JPGIMG-4420 (resized).JPGIMG-4420 (resized).JPGIMG-4421 (resized).JPGIMG-4421 (resized).JPGIMG-4422 (resized).JPGIMG-4422 (resized).JPGIMG-4423 (resized).JPGIMG-4423 (resized).JPGIMG-4426 (resized).JPGIMG-4426 (resized).JPG
#11690 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like the DC-IN is where the power goes. Probably a 12v AC Adapter. If you're very lucky there might be a marking for how many amps it wants by the DC port.
So if your machine doesn't have the same setup (looks like maybe this replacement monitor is from Hobbit? I don't remember seeing a box like that on the back of the jjPotC machines screen) a 12v AC adapter (not sure of the amps, sorry) and a HDMI or DVI cable should have you in business. You have to remember that basically you're just dealing with a PC (the pinball machine) and a computer monitor. Should be solvable.

Quoted from LTG:

This.

Sorry was in a rush and didn’t do the best job of asking for help.

I know that the new display is looking for a standard DC input but Pirates doesn’t have that as an available option as far as I can see.

The new display also does not have the required mounting hardware and you can’t remove some of the mounting posts from the old one.

My guess is that this display wasn’t meant for Pirates and that was why I was asking fellow owners to look and see if anyone had one of them installed so I could figure out how they were able to get power and mount it.

Thanks guys. This isn’t my first rodeo, just my first JJP one. Gotta admit, kind of bummed right now. Between my clear coat roiling up on itself like it wasn’t cured and the dead display, I’m just a bit underwhelmed and the quality.

The gameplay however! Holy crap I love this game! My birthday was yesterday and we did stream Pirates (even though we had to use a computer monitor I had around, laying on the game next to it) and everyone LOVED it.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions and hopefully tech support will either answer my email or my calls. They have been great so far.

45C746FC-D3CA-4482-99F0-1C4BD873BAC6.jpeg45C746FC-D3CA-4482-99F0-1C4BD873BAC6.jpeg
#11691 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I know that the new display is looking for a standard DC input but Pirates doesn’t have that as an available option as far as I can see.
The new display also does not have the required mounting hardware and you can’t remove some of the mounting posts from the old one.
My guess is that this display wasn’t meant for Pirates and that was why I was asking fellow owners to look and see if anyone had one of them installed so I could figure out how they were able to get power and mount it.
Thanks guys. This isn’t my first rodeo, just my first JJP one. Gotta admit, kind of bummed right now. Between my clear coat roiling up on itself like it wasn’t cured and the dead display, I’m just a bit underwhelmed and the quality.
The gameplay however! Holy crap I love this game! My birthday was yesterday and we did stream Pirates (even though we had to use a computer monitor I had around, laying on the game next to it) and everyone LOVED it.
Anyways, thanks for the suggestions and hopefully tech support will either answer my email or my calls. They have been great so far.[quoted image]

Looks like a standard Micro Ray to me, which is definitely used in Pirates. Can you post pics of the old and new monitor side by side? Maybe some of the parts just need to be migrated over.

#11692 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Looks like a standard Micro Ray to me, which is definitely used in Pirates. Can you post pics of the old and new monitor side by side? Maybe some of the parts just need to be migrated over.

Have we determined if an upgrade is possible?

I asked this months and months back, no one ever replied.

Not just a better quality monitor and refresh rate, but also bumping the resolution. I think it's either just 720p or 1080p, if that.

#11693 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Have we determined if an upgrade is possible?
I asked this months and months back, no one ever replied.
Not just a better quality monitor and refresh rate, but also bumping the resolution. I think it's either just 720p or 1080p, if that.

Pretty sure all JJPs have been 1080p since about a year after the first ECLEs were released.

#11694 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You can migrate the center mounting bracket for the arm.

You cannot migrate the posts that the side mounting brackets use. They are part of the original displays outer chassis. The new display has no posts in those locations so....?

And unless missed something, there is no standard dc plug available to use for the new display. I wasn’t provided anything other than the monitor with no hardware or adapter for the power.

If anyone has one of these Micro Ray displays, can you grab some pictures of how the power is coming in as well as if yours has mounting posts on the upper right and left? I received no reply today to me email and tried to call 3 times but only got voicemail.

Thanks guys!

C4B79693-AAFE-49AE-A01D-107EF1A48DF1.jpegC4B79693-AAFE-49AE-A01D-107EF1A48DF1.jpegF1C6B0DC-5772-40CA-98F5-69CBDC9D013B.jpegF1C6B0DC-5772-40CA-98F5-69CBDC9D013B.jpeg
#11695 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

You can migrate the center mounting bracket for the arm.
You cannot migrate the posts that the side mounting brackets use. They are part of the original displays outer chassis. The new display has no posts in those locations so....?
And unless missed something, there is no standard dc plug available to use for the new display. I wasn’t provided anything other than the monitor with no hardware or adapter for the power.
If anyone has one of these Micro Ray displays, can you grab some pictures of how the power is coming in as well as if yours has mounting posts on the upper right and left? I received no reply today to me email and tried to call 3 times but only got voicemail.
Thanks guys![quoted image][quoted image]

There’s a 2 pin molex for power that you’ll need. You could make one, or just request from JJP. Can’t the left/right brackets be unscrewed and attached to the new monitor?

#11696 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions and hopefully tech support will either answer my email or my calls. They have been great so far.[quoted image]

Happy bday dude. Cool setup!

#11697 4 years ago

Thanks Gumnut!

zaphX - The brackets can be removed along with the nuts but the posts are part of the old display chassis. There are no posts on the new display and I didn’t get and hardware.

Sounds like there was a few pieces that they didn’t provide that would be required to make the conversion from the different displays.

#11698 4 years ago

Any SE owners out there, I made an extra trunk mod with all the extra parts I had from my builder (direct plug and play for the SE. I’m only asking $100. If you have any interest, pm me!
A7B741A6-5D9D-4604-86F9-356BEC9BC4BA (resized).pngA7B741A6-5D9D-4604-86F9-356BEC9BC4BA (resized).png

#11699 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-target-illuminated-window-jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean

---------- On another note ------------

Coming soon to a start button near you, first prototype. Lens color options, insert options (so far heart and skull) and light color options. Also options for effect controller add on, including heartbeat and flame flickering.

Added over 4 years ago:
Quoted from adamross:

https://pinballmods.co/Stand-up-illuminated-window-jjp-potc

---------- On another note ------------

Coming soon to a start button near you, first prototype. Lens color options, insert options (so far heart and skull) and light color options. Also options for effect controller add on, including heartbeat and flame flickering.

#11700 4 years ago

Any SE owners out there, I made an extra trunk mod with all the extra parts I had from my builder (direct plug and play for the SE. I’m only asking $100. If you have any interest, pm me!
[quoted image]

FYI, Lowe's has that hinge in black.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/234?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.