(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 378.
#11501 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not in the game settings anymore.
JJP games should automatically do this at game over.
If yours don't, then where ever the balls are, the game isn't seeing them. Or the release isn't working right.
LTG : )

It's not that game doesn't do it, I have no problems with the captured balls being released. It's about timing. On my WoZ (and it originally worked like POTC does now), the moment the game is over the balls drain while you're putting in your high score name. It's a setting that was added at some point, not sure which code update added it, but WoZ used to drain only after you put your high score name in. I'd like POTC to do the same, release the captured balls while any post game animations/score entry are being done. Doesn't sound like that option exists in the POTC code. Perhaps it'll be added at some point. But to be clear, my POTC does absolutely drain any captured balls at the end of every game I'd just like it done sooner and in parallel with other post game things and not in series as it currently is.

Thanks,
Jeff

#11502 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

There is when the JJP logo comes on. It is just the JJP song though, it does not really go with the concept. It plays I think once every 4 rotations like the Wanted posters! I do think they need to bring this back to life, as attract songs are pretty flipp'n awesome! If you have heard some of the older ones, like 80's era and 90's. I think this is a key part of pinball in my opinion.
First 30 seconds of this

Exactly... and TH has TONS of attract more music, as does DI. I’m going to look at the update and see if we can inject some files in there. I did this on DI and it worked but it gets erased as soon as you update

#11503 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Fork and bracket alignment is key. Also make sure the wireform that prevents the ball reversing out is freely moving. If you can't get it post a video of it tiding.

What should I look for in the fork and bracket alignment specifically?

#11504 4 years ago

I kinda like how it currently drains the balls. It gives you the oppertunity to start a game before they drop allowing the game to act more like when your in a multiplayer game (sometimes chest will drop a ball after lock sometimes youll be fed a ball)

#11505 4 years ago

That's surprising. The game should ensure all balls are in the trough before starting a new game. I would bet this will change to be more 'standard'.

Quoted from GnarLee:

I kinda like how it currently drains the balls. It gives you the oppertunity to start a game before they drop allowing the game to act more like when your in a multiplayer game (sometimes chest will drop a ball after lock sometimes youll be fed a ball)

#11506 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Exactly... and TH has TONS of attract more music, as does DI. I’m going to look at the update and see if we can inject some files in there. I did this on DI and it worked but it gets erased as soon as you update

If we got some legit Pirate attract music I would never update...lol

#11508 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If we got some legit Pirate attract music I would never update...lol

Haha are there Pirate bands out there we could call LOL

#11509 4 years ago

WOWZA I just had one hell of a game. Norrington start with 5-6 loops and gold target for immediate tortuga. Hit tortuga get it rolling into At worlds end multiball. When that ends I have 3 completed greens a completed purp a yellow 2 blues and a red. Shortly after (still first ball) IO manage to get DT multiball and FoY going when those are drained I have like 4 greens 3 blues 2 red 2yellow and a purp. Start up a blue get 1 of 2 completed and drain. Go into second ball trying for blues and greens cause we are close. Finish up second ball with FoY wiz qualified DMC wiz qualified DTmultiball qualified and BPmultiball qualfied. Start 3rd ball with BP multiball and before that ends have gotten my 700k extra ball qualified the 10star map extra ball and got the star map xtra off of a map award. So we are back to 3 balls with 2 wiz modes qualified and 1 multiball qualified. Decide to start DMC wiz mode and get about half way done and timer expires (dam map hole is WIIIDE when you need loops) Finish mode and go Directly into Foy wiz mode hit 3-4 of the shots and drain. 2 Wiz modes down. Look where Im sitting at and we have 3 reds 1 purp and a few yellows. Bust out 2 yellow chapters and start CotBP wiz mode. Now at this point I have qualified tortuga a second time and mom walks by and "informs" me tortuga is ready when the animation for BPwiz was playing. I kindly inform her that you cant get multiballs during wizards mode and show her. Well I'll be dam if tortuga didnt start up during CotBP wiz mode. 630 some odd pieces of gold collected. Finish game with 23 chapters played. 22 chapters completed (would of had almost 200 charecters collected if I won liars dice. dam you liars dice) new high scores for all 3 wiz modes with 336k for the BP one. 13 pirate inlane collects ~250 gold collected. Ya it was a good one now if I can better at super jackpots to really boost the wiz mode scores.

#11510 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

WOWZA I just had one hell of a game. Norrington start with 5-6 loops and gold target for immediate tortuga. Hit tortuga get it rolling into At worlds end multiball. When that ends I have 3 completed greens a completed purp a yellow 2 blues and a red. Shortly after (still first ball) IO manage to get DT multiball and FoY going when those are drained I have like 4 greens 3 blues 2 red 2yellow and a purp. Start up a blue get 1 of 2 completed and drain. Go into second ball trying for blues and greens cause we are close. Finish up second ball with FoY wiz qualified DMC wiz qualified DTmultiball qualified and BPmultiball qualfied. Start 3rd ball with BP multiball and before that ends have gotten my 700k extra ball qualified the 10star map extra ball and got the star map xtra off of a map award. So we are back to 3 balls with 2 wiz modes qualified and 1 multiball qualified. Decide to start DMC wiz mode and get about half way done and timer expires (dam map hole is WIIIDE when you need loops) Finish mode and go Directly into Foy wiz mode hit 3-4 of the shots and drain. 2 Wiz modes down. Look where Im sitting at and we have 3 reds 1 purp and a few yellows. Bust out 2 yellow chapters and start CotBP wiz mode. Now at this point I have qualified tortuga a second time and mom walks by and "informs" me tortuga is ready when the animation for BPwiz was playing. I kindly inform her that you cant get multiballs during wizards mode and show her. Well I'll be dam if tortuga didnt start up during CotBP wiz mode. 630 some odd pieces of gold collected. Finish game with 23 chapters played. 22 chapters completed (would of had almost 200 charecters collected if I won liars dice. dam you liars dice) new high scores for all 3 wiz modes with 336k for the BP one. 13 pirate inlane collects ~250 gold collected. Ya it was a good one now if I can better at super jackpots to really boost the wiz mode scores.

Good one.

How many of you are doing extra ball on score?

#11511 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Good one.
How many of you are doing extra ball on score?

What is the score to get one?

#11512 4 years ago

It goes up and down depending on how well you score. I have mine set at 10% (I think)and I get 1 free ball at 700k-1m depending on how well I’m doing for the day. I’ve had it as high as 1.5 mil before.

#11513 4 years ago

I don’t think I have it set at all.

So wait you have a grand champion of 15m? I suck. Then again I’m not getting extra balls.

#11514 4 years ago

I haven't played any Pirates in probably a month due to a bunch of stuff going on. Played a few games this morning and couldn't help but to think "Damn, this pin is incredible"

Hoping 1.x code is released before summer ends. With Ted Estes wrapping up Dialed In 1.71 code maybe he could help finish Pirates? He did an incredible amount of great code work with the final updates for The Hobbit.

#11515 4 years ago

No my grand champion score is 2.7m. And I really just traded special award for points extra ball ( I turn special award off)

#11516 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

No my grand champion score is 2.7m. And I really just traded special award for points extra ball ( I turn special award off)

Wow seeing scores like this reminds me how bad I play lol. Did you get to a wizard mode with a score like that?

#11517 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow seeing scores like this reminds me how bad I play lol. Did you get to a wizard mode with a score like that?

I am with you. I can get to wizard modes and even have completed some, but I keep getting multiple drains on multiballs way to early. I need to learn to stack better ... and then keep things alive. I can do it with WOZ, but I guess all the lights and sounds on POTC just distract me.

And that damn gold button. I bet I get a drain a game from chasing gold rather than keeping the ball alive. I should just play Beckett instead.

In one game, I have finished a wizard mode, complete multiple chapters, sank the ship three times, played some multiballs more than twice, completed pirates lane 3-4 times and I can't crack 1 million.

#11518 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I haven't played any Pirates in probably a month due to a bunch of stuff going on.

Panzer ... what has happened to your priorities? I am very disappointed.

#11519 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

i think my best game is still around ~5million and I didn't start a single wizard mode in that particular one. Really cool how the game has so many angles to attack it and still score well.

#11520 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes that was my Norrington game with 3 wizard modes. all 3 wiz modes were only about 500k of the points though. oddly enough it was also my first game ever that I got to more than 1 of the wizard modes.

Quoted from anathematize:

i think my best game is still around ~5million and I didn't start a single wizard mode in that particular one. Really cool how the game has so many angles to attack it and still score well.

Yes there are. I really need to work on going for super jackpots in multiball as thats really where the points for your wizard mode come from. Score level seems to just be the amount of characters you collect for that movie and the super jackpots are the multiplier. so if you make it through the 5 chapters and collect 10 characters do the multiball and get 1 super jackpot you go into the wizard mode with a score level of 20 instead of 10.

Also after several months of ownership on my crazy game last night I realized there is still stuff I dont quite understand. Like what is the purpose of the pirate inlane big points and hurry up? Is there a way to make them valueable or are they just there for when you hit the button 1 too many times collecting gold. how in the hell do you get a fountain of youth super jackpot? I cant even get one with 5 multiballs rolling on barbossa. Very rarley see gold x and spot x targets do anything on the BP. Ive had games where I hit the gold targets a shit ton but I dont feel like I get more gold when I cash out. Spot x I have noticed it lighting 2x through 6x but have no idea what multiplier it is trying to give me. Would love a good explanation on some of these things.

Dam and now I gots the itch gonna go bust out a game or 3

#11521 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Like what is the purpose of the pirate inlane big points and hurry up? Is there a way to make them valueable or are they just there for when you hit the button 1 too many times collecting gold.

Not so sure if there is something that boosts the hurry-up award. It seems like sort of a throw away that might need some buffing.

However... the Big Points award is relatively trivial UNLESS you have 666666 rolling. Then I believe it awards a 'jackpot' of 666666 upon completion. I've only gotten it once and can't remember the exact value it gave. But it was massive.

#11522 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Not so sure if there is something that boosts the hurry-up award. It seems like sort of a throw away that might need some buffing.
However... the Big Points award is relatively trivial UNLESS you have 666666 rolling. Then I believe it awards a 'jackpot' of 666666 upon completion. I've only gotten it once and can't remember the exact value it gave. But it was massive.

ok so big points has SOMETHING going for it. and that would actually be cool to try to obtain. wonder if you could somehow stack it with shot x for a 4 million point big points shot. Is there someway other than that to increase big points or rather is there something that affects the base points value.

#11523 4 years ago

The hurry up in my opinion is a bit to quick. I never hit it. The ball will be at the top of the playfield and it’ll finally come down to a flipper and it’s already counted down

#11524 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

ok so big points has SOMETHING going for it. and that would actually be cool to try to obtain. wonder if you could somehow stack it with shot x for a 4 million point big points shot. Is there someway other than that to increase big points or rather is there something that affects the base points value.

i'm not sure if anything increases base value. i believe it is just based on the number of multiballs that are running. i'm guessing @Keefer would be able to shed some insight into the details.

i would also imagine that you could not only stack it with a shot X multiplier... but a playfield super X multiplier for an absolutely absurd score a'la the @Troz ~20+ million shot.

#11525 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yes that was my Norrington game with 3 wizard modes. all 3 wiz modes were only about 500k of the points though. oddly enough it was also my first game ever that I got to more than 1 of the wizard modes.

Yes there are. I really need to work on going for super jackpots in multiball as thats really where the points for your wizard mode come from. Score level seems to just be the amount of characters you collect for that movie and the super jackpots are the multiplier. so if you make it through the 5 chapters and collect 10 characters do the multiball and get 1 super jackpot you go into the wizard mode with a score level of 20 instead of 10.
Also after several months of ownership on my crazy game last night I realized there is still stuff I dont quite understand. Like what is the purpose of the pirate inlane big points and hurry up? Is there a way to make them valueable or are they just there for when you hit the button 1 too many times collecting gold. how in the hell do you get a fountain of youth super jackpot? I cant even get one with 5 multiballs rolling on barbossa. Very rarley see gold x and spot x targets do anything on the BP. Ive had games where I hit the gold targets a shit ton but I dont feel like I get more gold when I cash out. Spot x I have noticed it lighting 2x through 6x but have no idea what multiplier it is trying to give me. Would love a good explanation on some of these things.

I totally agree with you and feel the same. The rules are so complex, that I pick up information pieces from threads here and there. I would highly appreciate if JJP would offer a.complete rulesheet with all details. The current one is way to rough.

#11526 4 years ago

Mateys behold! PMC just released a full rendering of our Rock Outcropping mod and upgrade. Feel free to take a look and comment if you have any input. We're printing more tests and modifying fitment. We may open pre-orders to get a sense of interest and how we should formulate printing strategies. We try to print in-house but may farm it out to a printing fulfillment house since it is very detailed and complex to print which takes a LONG time on our printers. 6 hours to print a shelled template for fitment. As soon as we have something printed and fitted I will post more pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-the-depths-rock-outcropping-in-design#post-5116723

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11527 4 years ago

Hi Pirate Friends!
So I am confused as all get out with JJP’s support process any was hoping you guys who have any experience with them can give any suggestions since I don’t know what normal for their support process.

I got my game NIB last Saturday and registered it and filed two support tickets on Sunday.

1. My display gets power but has no image. Hooked up another known working display and it works fine so my guess is a bad display of display board where the DVI connections plugs in.

2. I wanted to request the post sling kit fix since my game is showing post clear rippling within the first day of play.

The second ticket was apparently seen and without any response, I received an email with shipping confirmation of the post and VUK shield kits. Very cool! Thanks JJP!

However, it’s now Friday and I have no response to my first help desk ticket and both call to tech support today have gone straight to voicemail.

I just want to know how long is a normal wait for JJP to reply before I need to escalate issue. I’m not trying to be a needy customer, I just want to play my new game.

Thanks!

- Josiah

#11528 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Hi Pirate Friends!
So I am confused as all get out with JJP’s support process any was hoping you guys who have any experience with them can give any suggestions since I don’t know what normal for their support process.
I got my game NIB last Saturday and registered it and filed two support tickets on Sunday.
1. My display gets power but has no image. Hooked up another known working display and it works fine so my guess is a bad display of display board where the DVI connections plugs in.
2. I wanted to request the post sling kit fix since my game is showing post clear rippling within the first day of play.
The second ticket was apparently seen and without any response, I received an email with shipping confirmation of the post and VUK shield kits. Very cool! Thanks JJP!
However, it’s now Friday and I have no response to my first help desk ticket and both call to tech support today have gone straight to voicemail.
I just want to know how long is a normal wait for JJP to reply before I need to escalate issue. I’m not trying to be a needy customer, I just want to play my new game.
Thanks!
- Josiah

Hey Josiah Happy for you on that purchase, saw it on FB.

USUALLY a call is the best bet, I've found. The support tickets in general seem to take longer than even just plain emails. I have had generally not had good luck in response from support tickets. If you've left a message then I would be it is being attended to. I'd give until Mon/Tues and then call again. Of course, it's NJ time so make sure you call early. Sounds like you did the troubleshooting already so hopefully the replacement is quick to ship.

#11529 4 years ago

I finally got a Devil’s Triangle Rock formation but for the life of me can’t figure out which screw holes I use to attach it!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11530 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I can't access the tickets. I marked your voice mail for Frank and Steve.

Please call them back on Monday.

Thank you,

#11531 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

The spot x light the bonus x multipliers. Every time you hit both it increases the lit multiplier. For Scrum they are critical cos he holds on to them the whole game. The gold targets stop flashing once they are hit and only reset when you hit all the hold letters (I think). Spot gold delights letters.

Quoted from GnarLee:

The OST super I have never got. You need to do the loop from all 3 approach angles. Straight on, chest and open sea. That will give you a jackpot, double and triple jackpot. Once all three types are collected, the ball is trapped behind the post to port royal. Hit that post and bounce the ball out and the super is yours. Needless to say it’s the only one I have not achieved.

Came so close to getting 666666. I thought that gave you the point bonus.

Mine is 1.7 maybe I should add the extra ball like in TSPP.

#11532 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I finally got a Devil’s Triangle Rock formation but for the life of me can’t figure out which screw holes I use to attach it![quoted image]

You may not have holes, it's not like really integrated into the layout as much as just stuck on top of the rail. Btw, there are little, tiny spacers under the screws/rock (this is like the 5th situation where tiny spacers were used that YOU TOTALLY LOSE EVERY TIME). You may not need them, I haven't put it on without them yet, but if you didn't get them I bought a huge assortment from Amazon (because I have lost a few already) and could send you some.

#11533 4 years ago

The OST super I have never got. You need to do the loop from all 3 approach angles. Straight on, chest and open sea. That will give you a jackpot, double and triple jackpot. Once all three types are collected, the ball is trapped behind the post to port royal. Hit that post and bounce the ball out and the super is yours. Needless to say it’s the only one I have not achieved.

hmm ive definetly gotten triple jackpots from OST but i have never seen a ball captured. Ill admit that is a cool way to collect a super. Ill have to go through the motions and see if I can collect one.

#11534 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

hmm ive definetly gotten triple jackpots from OST but i have never seen a ball captured. Ill admit that is a cool way to collect a super. Ill have to go through the motions and see if I can collect one.

Triple are the easiest to get as a loop on ball launch is counted as an entry through the open sea outer orbit. Jackpot, double and triple don’t represent the number of times you loop just where the loop started from. Straight up and catch = jackpot, chest = double, right orbit or ball launch = triple. Once all three are done the ball locks. I’ve done all three, saw it waiting there, hit that bloody pirate target and drained. Such is life!

For anybody that has done it, congrats!

#11535 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I can't access the tickets. I marked your voice mail for Frank and Steve.
Please call them back on Monday.
Thank you,

Hi Lloyd. The support tickets for JJP are woeful compared to CGC. As soon as you log one an email with a unique identifier should be emailed to the customer with a message saying we will respond within 48 hours. This ticket number will then be kept for all correspondence on this item. The problem is we fire of a support form into the ether and....... we have no way of asking status because we dont have a number.

#11536 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hi Lloyd. The support tickets for JJP are woeful compared to CGC. As soon as you log one an email with a unique identifier should be emailed to the customer with a message saying we will respond within 48 hours. This ticket number will then be kept for all correspondence on this item. The problem is we fire of a support form into the ether and....... we have no way of asking status because we dont have a number.

Oh and when the auto response comes back with the ticket number it should include your original message that you reported. simple stuff. Would resolve a lot of confusion and anger.

#11537 4 years ago

I finally got a Devil’s Triangle Rock formation but for the life of me can’t figure out which screw holes I use to attach it![quoted image]

Congrats great find! The Rock is mounted with 2 points. All models should have the rear mount as that is a standard plastic mount which I would bet they didn't custom change for SE only models. Use the rear hole as your reference point and the front you will need to simply align straight along the wood rail. You need to use a 1/4" spacer under each of the 2 screw points or use a stack of small washers to elevate the model. Without the spacers the ball can clip the top of the rock while traveling through the habit-rail. Good luck!

IMG_3864 (resized).jpgIMG_3864 (resized).jpg
#11538 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Triple are the easiest to get as a loop on ball launch is counted as an entry through the open sea outer orbit. Jackpot, double and triple don’t represent the number of times you loop just where the loop started from. Straight up and catch = jackpot, chest = double, right orbit or ball launch = triple. Once all three are done the ball locks. I’ve done all three, saw it waiting there, hit that bloody pirate target and drained. Such is life!
For anybody that has done it, congrats!

Ok now that makes alot of sense. Tomorrow that will be my goal.

#11539 4 years ago

You may not have holes, it's not like really integrated into the layout as much as just stuck on top of the rail. Btw, there are little, tiny spacers under the screws/rock (this is like the 5th situation where tiny spacers were used that YOU TOTALLY LOSE EVERY TIME). You may not need them, I haven't put it on without them yet, but if you didn't get them I bought a huge assortment from Amazon (because I have lost a few already) and could send you some.
[quoted image]

I’ll end up 3D printing some spacers tomorrow lol

#11540 4 years ago

I’ll end up 3D printing some spacers tomorrow lol

LOL, that is quicker. I kept finding stuff around the house to cut and use as spacers when I lost them.

#11541 4 years ago

LOL, that is quicker. I kept finding stuff around the house to cut and use as spacers when I lost them.

Can you tell me the diameter of the spacer?

#11542 4 years ago

And done! Bought 2 1” screws and 3D printed my own little spacers. Balls rolls thru perfectly!

79598B06-A49C-4E16-8806-EDF750F73404 (resized).jpeg79598B06-A49C-4E16-8806-EDF750F73404 (resized).jpeg
#11543 4 years ago

Can you tell me the diameter of the spacer?

Sry, just woke up You got it!

#11544 4 years ago

If *anyone* else decides to replace their pop bumpers with black/clear or whatever, do yourself a favor and pick up some of these quick connectors on Amazon. There is no way to replace the pops without cutting the wires, apparently the ends were soldered or crimped (not sure which was done last) after they were put through the pop bumpers so unless you want to solder RGB boards you have to cut the wires. The crimped ends won't fit through the holes in the pop bumper. I would normally solder and heat shrink my splices but in this case I wanted the option to easily remove without having to again cut and splice. I initially tried to remove the JST connector from the ends and slide them through the pops but like I said they just don't fit. If you have a CE/LE I believe the spinning pops can be removed just by undoing the molex connector ends with a pin removal tool. At least, I have some that I did that on a while ago and it seemed to have worked, lol.. I am just putting them back together today so I've forgotten, but seems likely.

#11545 4 years ago

Got a link to connectors on Amazon?

#11546 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Got a link to connectors on Amazon?

I should have not been lazy and found it originally, lol. Here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072P15279/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

These were also interesting but I found them less consistent than the others. These are toolless where the ones above need something (strong hand power if you're good) to clamp them down and make them click. These are also huge in comparison:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K7FLLHT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#11547 4 years ago

HEY! Where'd the switch go? Where'd the tab go?! How about that view?

#11548 4 years ago

HEY! Where'd the switch go? Where'd the tab go?! How about that view?[quoted image]

Ordered

#11549 4 years ago

Ok so put in some work on OST super jackpots today. Couple of issues I see. Managed to "qualify" for the super jackpot a few times. Every attempt did not go well, went something like this. First go serveral multiballs running hit chest get post to come up hit post no jackpot, post releases and 3 balls come out. Second go I tried to only have OST going got post up a couple of times and it timed out before I could hit post. Third go hit post but somehow there was not a ball up there (light were blinking for super). Personally feel like there needs to be a bit more time to hit the second shot or even rework the whole super for OST. I also have a suspicion this is the reason why my dead mans chest ball lock isnt working sometimes. For example if I have OST going get the free 2 jackpot triple jackpot only needing chest shot. If I now qualify for my 3rd lock I dont think the forks are coming up because game is looking for OST double and super to happen. Im probably going to pull the glass tomorrow and run a test to see if thats whats going on and or install final cliffy. It has been happening since the update (well noticed) and this kinda makes sense (always seems to happen when multiballs are going). Maybe this will be an actual bug I can report over to Keefer. Tests tomorrow though to make sure Im not talking out my ass

#11550 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ok so put in some work on OST super jackpots today. Couple of issues I see. Managed to "qualify" for the super jackpot a few times. Every attempt did not go well, went something like this. First go serveral multiballs running hit chest get post to come up hit post no jackpot, post releases and 3 balls come out. Second go I tried to only have OST going got post up a couple of times and it timed out before I could hit post. Third go hit post but somehow there was not a ball up there (light were blinking for super). Personally feel like there needs to be a bit more time to hit the second shot or even rework the whole super for OST. I also have a suspicion this is the reason why my dead mans chest ball lock isnt working sometimes. For example if I have OST going get the free 2 jackpot triple jackpot only needing chest shot. If I now qualify for my 3rd lock I dont think the forks are coming up because game is looking for OST double and super to happen. Im probably going to pull the glass tomorrow and run a test to see if thats whats going on and or install final cliffy. It has been happening since the update (well noticed) and this kinda makes sense (always seems to happen when multiballs are going). Maybe this will be an actual bug I can report over to Keefer. Tests tomorrow though to make sure Im not talking out my ass

Help me out here.. for the life of me I can’t figure out what OST is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/231?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.