(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 377.
#11451 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep, so amazing I bought 2! Well technically 3 but the first LE was to tide me over till the CE arrived now sadly only 2.... And proud of it! Build a great game and even with issues (they All have them) the market will follow.[quoted image]

Ok Dave, why two? I gotta know. Investment? Two people want to play? Making mods on one?

I had two WOZ because I wanted to upgrade from SE, that was my excuse. I'm surprised my wife didn't commit me.

#11452 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Ok Dave, why two? I gotta know. Investment? Two people want to play? Making mods on one?
I had two WOZ because I wanted to upgrade from SE, that was my excuse. I'm surprised my wife didn't commit me.

Because one is very special and worthy to be kept safe for many years as the defining moment when new designer set a bar few will ever clear. Thats my motivation. Plus its that dam good! All my mods were done long before the first game arrived at my house.

#11453 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Because one is very special and worthy to be kept safe for many years as the defining moment when new designer set a bar few will ever clear.

So, that's the prototype?

Quoted from Yelobird:

All my mods were done long before the first game arrived at my house.

Ah... hum.

#11454 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Plus its that dam good!

It will be very hard for me to ever acquire another game, this game is just that good. Luckily no issues except for dust, man this game has so many moving parts or something the flippers go from red to black after 20 plays. Soon changing my will to get buried in this game when I kick the bucket.

#11455 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

It will be very hard for me to ever acquire another game, this game is just that good. Luckily no issues except for dust, man this game has so many moving parts or something the flippers go from red to black after 20 plays. Soon changing my will to get buried in this game when I kick the bucket.

We will all meet Davy Jones Locker at some point why not in a pinball cabinet! lol (note to self start working on the pin-coffin mod...) As for dusty flippers I long ago went to the Titan clear rubbers on the playfield and never looked back. With a low cost Comet LED strip in the ball trough ($4) the flippers glow nicely and complete the theme look. Plus easy to clean with a simple rag and alcohol wipe. Arghhhhh.

#11456 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We will all meet Davy Jones Locker at some point why not in a pinball cabinet! lol (note to self start working on the pin-coffin mod...) As for dusty flippers I long ago went to the Titan clear rubbers on the playfield and never looked back. With a low cost Comet LED strip in the ball trough ($4) the flippers glow nicely and complete the theme look. Plus easy to clean with a simple rag and alcohol wipe. Arghhhhh.

Man, so you got a second Pirates to be buried in it?!?!?

I imagine you're joking, but if NOT, very, very cool...!

Will you top yourself and buy three of Eric's next game? I do like Maiden, and we shall see if tomorrow brings something new, but Eric's debut, approachability, and skill really brought me into this game. Meeting him, and being taken aback by how charming and relatable he was, was definitely the highlight of MGC for me and my friend.

I kinda feel like, among so many others I'd wager, that his technical and creative skillsets will have me always following his work. Mad props to Hogbog !

#11457 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Man, so you got a second Pirates to be buried in it?!?!?
I imagine you're joking, but if NOT, very, very cool...!
Will you top yourself and buy three of Eric's next game? I do like Maiden, and we shall see if tomorrow brings something new, but Eric's debut, approachability, and skill really brought me into this game. Meeting him, and being taken aback by how charming and relatable he was, was definitely the highlight of MGC for me and my friend.
I kinda feel like, among so many others I'd wager, that his technical and creative skillsets will have me always following his work. Mad props to hogbog !

Agree on all points especially Eric. On the buried comment I was simply joking in reference to what the poster stated. There is Much more to life then pinball!

#11458 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Did your mod come with printed instructions? If not, are the instructions posted anywhere?

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-window-filler-install-instructions
Easy to follow instructions!

#11459 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So, that's the prototype?

You can see the triple rings on the one on the left.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Because one is very special and worthy to be kept safe for many years

Is that one stuck on the same old code for eternity? Or did they make some special provisions in the code for the mechanisms to still work with the new code? That prototype would be cool to have (as a second JJPOTC).

#11460 4 years ago

Choose your path wisely when traveling through the Devil's Triangle or find yourself in Davy Jones's locker! Complete the lost feature on POTC SE with this highly detailed and custom air brushed Devil's Triangle Mod. Complete with hardware a simple and reversible installation to give your game that ARrrrrgh piratey look. Set sail to the Mod Couple Pinball store and get yours now! Complete the look with the also available torches "Dead Men tell no tales sign"! Sign not included and sold separately! Available and Shipping Today! Thanks as always for everyones support and interest!!!!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#11461 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Okay, I thought it was just me, but totally agree on the dirty flippers. My Plunger is dirty after 20 plays. I might take apart and clean to see if that helps.

Also, going to get Silicone flipper rubber like I did on my GB.....they don't hold the dirt like stock ones.

#11462 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

please take a pic of the flipper and comet LED strip

#11463 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

please take a pic of the flipper and comet LED strip

Pretty sure I posted this a few times in the thread but one more time for funzies! lol For me, the clear rubber absorbs the light in the trough slightly illuminating a rather dark area of the playfield. Simple setup from Comet for only a few dollars. Shown with our custom wood plank gold coin flipper set.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#11464 4 years ago

Not that's cool looking...thx.

#11465 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Also, going to get Silicone flipper rubber like I did on my GB.....they don't hold the dirt like stock ones.

So where will THAT dirt go?

#11466 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Choose your path wisely when traveling through the Devil's Triangle or find yourself in Davy Jones's locker! Complete the lost feature on POTC SE with this highly detailed and custom air brushed Devil's Triangle Mod. Complete with hardware a simple and reversible installation to give your game that ARrrrrgh piratey look. Set sail to the Mod Couple Pinball store and get yours now! Complete the look with the also available torches "Dead Men tell no tales sign"! Sign not included and sold separately! Available and Shipping Today! Thanks as always for everyones support and interest!!!!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

oh i love you guys!!! Order is already placed!! Thanks!!

#11467 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

oh i love you guys!!! Thanks!!

And we love and Appreciate You! With the gameroom and factory under construction we had to dial things back but Now the engines are back on and running 24/7 again Finally! Amazed how fast these went. Designed it yesterday and assumed we made enough to fill the need but that was not the case.... lol Should have 50 more by tomorrow. Thanks again for your support!

#11468 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty sure I posted this a few times in the thread but one more time for funzies! lol For me, the clear rubber absorbs the light in the trough slightly illuminating a rather dark area of the playfield. Simple setup from Comet for only a few dollars. Shown with our custom wood plank gold coin flipper set.[quoted image]

That doesn’t cast a whole lot of light.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-trough-light-kit

9584DC91-4F1E-4424-B0BF-25184795C239 (resized).jpeg9584DC91-4F1E-4424-B0BF-25184795C239 (resized).jpeg
#11469 4 years ago

My photo was shown with ALL the lights on to showcase the flipper bats. (we don't sell LED's) It is basically the same as your image under normal playing conditions with the 5-6 SMT LED strip.

#11470 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's what I was under the assumption of too.
Oh well. They look slick either way, definitely compliment the theme and colors of the game.
Do the shorter legs affect gameplay at all?

I had the legs that matched the original size powdercoated to match. The short legs are getting sent back.

#11471 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I had the legs that matched the original size powdercoated to match. The short legs are getting sent back.

Did you have to send in the lock bar to match that texture or did they have something close? I have a game I am considering with Hobbit type armor but it’s a rather unique finish.

#11472 4 years ago

Anybody know anything about a code update? The game is pretty damn well complete, but I do have to admit I kinda wish they’d included just a *little* bit more from the films. No questions POTC is a superior game, but I wouldn’t mind a little more thorough theme integration

#11473 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody know anything about a code update? The game is pretty damn well complete, but I do have to admit I kinda wish they’d included just a *little* bit more from the films. No questions POTC is a superior game, but I wouldn’t mind a little more thorough theme integration

1.0 is still coming, I wouldn't hold out hope for more theme integration though. I believe it to be a license limitation.

#11474 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

1.0 is still coming, I wouldn't hold out hope for more theme integration though. I believe it to be a license limitation.

Eric said in his pintastic presentation that when they went for Depp scenes, it was going to cost about $100K per movie so about $500K more, and they were already over-budget for the pin, so that didn't happen. I'm okay with it as it is, but a few Depp scenes would have been good. It's still one of the best pins made in my opinion.

#11475 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’d be totally fine with no Depp at all - I just like the shots of the ship on the ocean and there’s so much landscape and great scenes to choose from. One thing Hobbit does REALLY well is slow down the gameplay and play a (short) clip before a really crazy part so you feel even more immersed. POTC Has some great shots and scenes already integrated (I love the shot of the pirates hanging across the entryway to Tortuga in the first movie) - I just feel like they are way too fast and it keeps you from getting quite as immersed in the game. It’s a subtle thing really, but it’s done perfectly in TH.

Of course, that took 2 years, so I’ll be patient !

#11476 4 years ago

Honestly, unless they plan on running this again, I can't imagine that they will put much more integration into the code. We all know that Keith is the consummate professional, so the code will be finished to the level we expect. But POTC certainly doesn't need more callouts when compared to other pins; the callouts and music are some of the best ever created in a pinball machine. A little more video would be nice, but I think that is wishful thinking.

#11477 4 years ago

I am just hoping for a little, yo ho yo ho and a bottle of rum attract music!

#11478 4 years ago

I excited for 1.0 because it's supposed to make some of the less-good characters better. I like to play random characters to spice things up and there are definitely some right now that I reselect..

#11479 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yesss!! Please this would be awesome

#11480 4 years ago

I feel like there are just some situations that miss the impact of having a clip. Like the extra ball is FURIOUS and exciting as hell. Sinking the Dauntless... meh. Shake my machine, PLEASE! Just that kind of thing would be really cool. Along with not preempting the Map award by awarding it before the animation finished. I'd give Keith a kiss on the cheek if just those small things made their way in to 1.0.

#11481 4 years ago

If anyone is interested I'm listing stuff for a charity sale. All proceeds (everything someone spends) will go to a charity of their choice.

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I got this and it was black lettering, you couldn't see it. So I painted it. If you want it black, I'll paint it black. If you want it green, you got it. You want to install it? ...”
2019-10-30
Olympia, WA
15 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 168 times

Mod - For Sale
2019-10-30
Olympia, WA
35 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 214 times

Archived after: 98 days
Viewed: 144 times

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Arrr! Get your flat pirate barrel top here! Bought for $26.50 from this site: https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-custom-mods-collection/pro...”
2019-07-24
Olympia, WA
40 (OBO)
Archived after: 98 days
Viewed: 146 times

Archived after: 37 days
Viewed: 298 times

#11482 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yeah! Is there any attract music at all?

#11483 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I do hope they add something. I understand the lack of rights on the original score but something creative would be awesome.

#11484 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you have to send in the lock bar to match that texture or did they have something close? I have a game I am considering with Hobbit type armor but it’s a rather unique finish.

Robert Stone ( here on Pinside ) has the color match, he has done a bunch of coating for me in the past and does killer work.

#11485 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Robert Stone ( here on Pinside ) has the color match, he has done a bunch of coating for me in the past and does killer work.

Ah thanks. Yeah he does top notch work no doubt. Need to look into it.

#11486 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

+1 he is a GREAT dude and has done some primo work for me on other titles as well. Fair pricing, too

#11487 4 years ago

Hey Mateys! Hide your unsightly Maelstrom switches and get a better view of the playfield! Easy install, just a few minutes and plug and play. Almost completely hidden, made to fit in with the Maelstrom ramp and be unnoticable. Check the pic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-maelstrom-hidden-switch-mod-by-pmc-
MaelstromHiddenSwitch (resized).jpgMaelstromHiddenSwitch (resized).jpg
SwitchDeleteCompare (resized).jpgSwitchDeleteCompare (resized).jpg

Edit - WOW, amazing support! I can't believe I just posted this and how many orders we got! Love this community!

#11488 4 years ago

Silly question perhaps but on WoZ JJP added an option to have the captured balls drain immediately so while you're putting your name in for the high score the balls caught up in the castle or munchkin land are drained out. Does POTC have something in the menu settings I'm missing that does the same thing? Waiting for the chest balls to drain is annoying at times...

Thanks,
Jeff

#11489 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Silly question perhaps but on WoZ JJP added an option to have the captured balls drain immediately so while you're putting your name in for the high score the balls caught up in the castle or munchkin land are drained out. Does POTC have something in the menu settings I'm missing that does the same thing?

Not in the game settings anymore.

JJP games should automatically do this at game over.

If yours don't, then where ever the balls are, the game isn't seeing them. Or the release isn't working right.

LTG : )

#11490 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not in the game settings anymore.
JJP games should automatically do this at game over.
If yours don't, then where ever the balls are, the game isn't seeing them. Or the release isn't working right.
LTG : )

LTG lives!

#11491 4 years ago

I put this in the code change request thread. Do people agree with this:

“Please launch balls much quicker during multiball ball save. This game launches balls so slowly. If you drain 4 balls and still have a couple of seconds of ballsave left it will only launch a single ball. Other games I own are much quicker at launching balls during multiball ball save. Please fix!”

Takes some of the fun out of multiball. Other games rapid fire them out within the ballsave time. I don’t know why pirates takes seconds between each ball launch.

#11492 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I put this in the code change request thread. Do people agree with this:
“Please launch balls much quicker during multiball ball save. This game launches balls so slowly. If you drain 4 balls and still have a couple of seconds of ballsave left it will only launch a single ball. Other games I own are much quicker at launching balls during multiball ball save. Please fix!”
Takes some of the fun out of multiball. Other games rapid fire them out within the ballsave time. I don’t know why pirates takes seconds between each ball launch.

100%. I think I agree with almost everything in that thread. But I also have no visions that most of it will be done because most isn't critical or major.

#11493 4 years ago

They should reduce the sounds of the Bumpers.

It is way too loud during gameplay compared to the other Sounds.

#11494 4 years ago

Guys anyone have a issue getting the damn ball on the chest for locks, I increased the flipper strength by a little bit. Maybe 2 out of 10 go up there without rattling out.

#11495 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys anyone have a issue getting the damn ball on the chest for locks, I increased the flipper strength by a little bit. Maybe 2 out of 10 go up there without rattling out.

You do have to hit it dead on, and pretty hard. I don’t feel like it rejects any more than a lot of other games, although it sure is frustrating!!

#11496 4 years ago

Fork and bracket alignment is key. Also make sure the wireform that prevents the ball reversing out is freely moving. If you can't get it post a video of it tiding.

#11497 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yep...this is a must add!

If JJP can’t add it someone needs to figure out a hack to the code so we can add it.

As far as warranty concerns who gives. Shit at this point, our playfields are chipped and JJP doesn’t help anyhow.

#11498 4 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

They should reduce the sounds of the Bumpers.
It is way too loud during gameplay compared to the other Sounds.

Yes this annoys me along with the chapter /mode start sounds.

#11499 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There is when the JJP logo comes on. It is just the JJP song though, it does not really go with the concept. It plays I think once every 4 rotations like the Wanted posters! I do think they need to bring this back to life, as attract songs are pretty flipp'n awesome! If you have heard some of the older ones, like 80's era and 90's. I think this is a key part of pinball in my opinion.

First 30 seconds of this

#11500 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

There is when the JJP logo comes on. It is just the JJP song though, it does not really go with the concept. It plays I think once every 4 rotations like the Wanted posters! I do think they need to bring this back to life, as attract songs are pretty flipp'n awesome! If you have heard some of the older ones, like 80's era and 90's. I think this is a key part of pinball in my opinion.
First 30 seconds of this

I agree, Indy and Star Wars have to be two of the best.

How can you not go hit the start button when that music goes off?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/230 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.