(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,877 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 378.
#11401 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

This never gets old, by far the best mod to a pirates, literally makes the game better, as you clearly know when to shoot the trunk.
[quoted image][quoted image]

NICE!!

My wife is downstairs right now soldering arduinos; I got this mod thing down.

#11402 4 years ago

Looks great! Is there a way to make the servo go faster?

#11403 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Looks great! Is there a way to make the servo go faster?

I haven't tried it, but the current code is in steps of 1 degree, so I'm assuming you could jump in steps of 2 degrees to double the speed of the opening/closing.

#11404 4 years ago

I’m actually going to slow the servo movement down to match the sfx, but yes it’s changeable in the code on the arduino

#11405 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I’m actually going to slow the service movement down, but yes it’s changeable in the code on the arduino

It seems like a slow open and quicker close might look nice.

#11406 4 years ago

I can probably spare a button on the light controller for people who don't code. Adjust speed through a few programs.

#11407 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I can probably spare a button on the light controller for people who don't code. Adjust speed through a few programs.

That would be a great idea Harry.

#11409 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Played WOZ earlier and then played JJPOTC tonight. I think WOZ is great game ... but JJPOTC is in another league altogether. IMHO, all of the current top five games pale in comparison and I have owned a number of them. It is just so much fun. Very satisfying shots.

Potc is likely the best game ever made. If you look at the top pinside games, the only knock against the game is theme and integration with the actual movies. Personally it’s not an issue for me as once I play, I completely forget about it, but I could see why it may turn someone off. Rest is all 10s. For me, however, I find hobbit to be as much or more immersive.

#11410 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Potc is likely the best game ever made. If you look at the top pinside games, the only knock against the game is theme and integration with the actual movies. Personally it’s not an issue for me as once I play, I completely forget about it, but I could see why it may turn someone off. Rest is all 10s. For me, however, I find hobbit to be as much or more immersive.

Completely agree. I think The Hobbit is under-rated because of the layout. But the theme integration and immersion I think is the best ever. The Battle of Five Armies and killing Smaug is epic. Wish Pirates would have that one impossible shot.

#11411 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Completely agree. I think The Hobbit is under-rated because of the layout. But the theme integration and immersion I think is the best ever. The Battle of Five Armies and killing Smaug is epic. Wish Pirates would have that one impossible shot.

It has two Extra Ball and Devil's Triangle, both very difficult to make.

#11412 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It has two Extra Ball and Devil's Triangle, both very difficult to make.

And load the canon during TCOTBP.

#11413 4 years ago

Also the super jackpot for OST is still unobtainable for me.

#11414 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

To me, the integration in POTC is just right. I am not interested in seeing movie scenes over and over (particularly if the movies are bad like the last few). I like it when they just set up the situation and let me play pinball. The callouts and music draw me in more than the video. Hobbit is amazing in integration, but the shots were just not there for me. I have not played the latest version, but I stepped out of my order when I got a chance to put time on a local one.

The new home edition of Star Wars would be a headache for me. I enjoy the movies, but seeing those scenes over and over would make me never want to watch it again.

#11415 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

To me, the integration in POTC is just right. I am not interested in seeing movie scenes over and over (particularly if the movies are bad like the last few). I like it when they just set up the situation and let me play pinball. The callouts and music draw me in more than the video. Hobbit is amazing in integration, but the shots were just not there for me. I have not played the latest version, but I stepped out of my order when I got a chance to put time on a local one.
The new home edition of Star Wars would be a headache for me. I enjoy the movies, but seeing those scenes over and over would make me never want to watch it again.

You know, I have to agree. At first I was disappointed with the video assets, but now that it's been a long term player for me, I really don't miss them at all.

In fact, I am already super sick of hearing Willy Wonka's speech in the Wonkavator. HERE IT COMES! For the 500th time, unskippably.

Likewise, I always skip the movie clips on Star Wars. I've heard them too many times and just want to get back to playing.

I really think movie assets are not the big deal some people think they are.

#11416 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This ^
Pirates too me rewards in spades on the shot variety and the number of satisfying shots overall. Pretty much every shots feels good to make and I really can't think of any that are grinding, even on the pearls deck. When I play Hobbit, the movie integration is second to none, the sights and sounds bring the game to life and draws the player in. Sadly, for me, almost all the shots feel grinding, which is why I will never own one. Its just not a layout that keeps me coming back like Pirates. Also, I'm a sucker for interactive toys like the rocking pearl, cannon, spinning disk, and soon the opening and closing chest!

#11417 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Hobbit is properly rated. Personally, I really don't understand that there are people who like it.

I agree the theme integration is good, but there is no way that it compensates in any way to elevate how un fun it is to shoot.

The only satisfying shot was sinking the ball into the holes for extra ball. Constant ramps and bonking those incessant popups was so tedious.

It's almost offensive to compare POTC to TH. I own some games that others may dislike, but Hobbit is one of the few games I really, really hated.

#11418 4 years ago

Ok guys, question regarding the EXTRA BALL shot, ive lit it a few times but how do you collect it?

#11419 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ok guys, question regarding the EXTRA BALL shot, ive lit it a few times but how do you collect it?

Make the shot.

#11420 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I believe it is collected at a switch behind the sling on the right side of the game that the ball must hit.

It's located just past the entrance where extra ball insert is pointing, on the right. Tough shot to make.

#11421 4 years ago

Yes and you can’t hit any of the pop bumpers!

#11423 4 years ago

Any word on the new code? JJP just posted new code for Wonka and Dialed In, but nothing yet for Pirates...

#11424 4 years ago

Yes the extra ball shot is fairly hard. I have had best luck doing it the legitimate way with a fair amount of ball speed off the tip of the left flipper. If i cant hit that you can try to cheat it by trying to plinko it down into the from the inner loop entrance and hope none of the pops go off. Also have had fairly good luck during multiball getting it.

#11425 4 years ago

Installed my jack and the BP mod from harryhoudini
I feel the BP is now complete except for the monkey!

00D27B8A-36B3-4391-A494-F23CBDD8D8AA (resized).jpeg00D27B8A-36B3-4391-A494-F23CBDD8D8AA (resized).jpeg2DD66756-7F51-4F2F-92DD-701C9480773D (resized).jpeg2DD66756-7F51-4F2F-92DD-701C9480773D (resized).jpeg
#11426 4 years ago

Can someone please take some close up detailed pictures of how their Devil’s Arch is installed?

We just got our SE and I have an uninstalled arch which I cannot for the life of me figure out how it installs given the pre drilled screw holes on it.

Also, our backbox display is dead out of the box. It has power but what appears to be no signal. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! So excited to start playing this game!

#11427 4 years ago

Mike wont be complete until I get a few things from Harry when they are ready to ship

#11428 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Can someone please take some close up detailed pictures of how their Devil’s Arch is installed?
We just got our SE and I have an uninstalled arch which I cannot for the life of me figure out how it installs given the pre drilled screw holes on it.
Also, our backbox display is dead out of the box. It has power but what appears to be no signal. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! So excited to start playing this game!

See if it’s unplugged or loose at either end, display and motherboard.

#11429 4 years ago

I reseated the DVI connector on both ends yesterday and had no change. Is there another connection I should be checking. This is our first JJP game so pardon my ignorance if this is a noobish question.

#11430 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I reseated the DVI connector on both ends yesterday and had no change. Is there another connection I should be checking. This is our first JJP game so pardon my ignorance if this is a noobish question.

If you have adapters you can try switching screens or plug another display into the mobo to see if it works. Then you'll be able to tell JJP that it's the monitor. Basically rule out the cable and the mobo. Or vice versa, plug something else in to the display (like a laptop) and see if it works. Game would have to be on so the monitor has power.

This what you need?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11431 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

These are pics of how I installed the Devil’s Arch on my SE. i want to say that I slightly bent the bracket for the spinner to make it work. The rear hole determines everything as you don’t want to drill through the plastic.
61EF3B68-58CB-4724-8409-0B434C623708 (resized).jpeg61EF3B68-58CB-4724-8409-0B434C623708 (resized).jpeg8D50ED29-392F-4861-B716-CEF06D271C37 (resized).jpeg8D50ED29-392F-4861-B716-CEF06D271C37 (resized).jpegB496E573-AC28-4F5F-A642-2329BE18427C (resized).jpegB496E573-AC28-4F5F-A642-2329BE18427C (resized).jpeg

#11432 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I really think movie assets are not the big deal some people think they are.

Especially when the CG and animation that replaces it is as fantastic as jjPotC.

#11433 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

You have to thread the ball past the Extra Ball arrow and hit the rubber on the right side of the playfield that has a simple leaf switch behind it. You can't hit anything on the way. It's a tough shot.

#11434 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

These are pics of how I installed the Devil’s Arch on my SE. i want to say that I slightly bent the bracket for the spinner to make it work. The rear hole determines everything as you don’t want to drill through the plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! I’ll see what I can get done. That’s a huge help.

#11435 4 years ago

I don't know how pervasive the chest bracket breaking is going to be, I know a few other people have had the same issue. I am going to weld my old one to reinforce the flimsy joints. Maybe I can offer a swap service if you send me yours I can send you the reinforced one. If anyone is interested I can add it to the store, do like some sort of advanced replacement.

#11436 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Installed my jack and the BP mod from harryhoudini

Did your mod come with printed instructions? If not, are the instructions posted anywhere?

#11437 4 years ago

Any update on the star map for the SE owners? When will they be shipping?

Dan

#11438 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

My SE got some new trim, just need a few more mods and shes done. Topper, lighted starfield, spinning pop bumper and artblades. New leg bolts and levelers on it's way as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have the original powder coated or are these ordered from a retailer?

#11439 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Did you have the original powder coated or are these ordered from a retailer?

Looks like he got creative with some Hobbit armor. Very well done!!

#11440 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like he got creative with some Hobbit armor. Very well done!!

It is the Hobbit Armor from Jjp... but I will note that the legs are shorter then the Pirates legs. Robert Stone powdercoated the legs to match the GOLD VEIN. Came out great!

#11441 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

It is the Hobbit Armor from Jjp... but I will note that the legs are shorter then the Pirates legs. Robert Stone powdercoated the legs to match the GOLD VEIN. Came out great!

You sure? Woz (not ybr) and Hobbit have the same legs, but Dialed in, PotC and Wonka should all be the same.

#11442 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

You sure? Woz (not ybr) and Hobbit have the same legs, but Dialed in, PotC and Wonka should all be the same.

Did you read what your wrote King? lol Thats exactly what he said.... Your driving with the back door to the van open again aren't you?

#11443 4 years ago

Hobbit Gold Vein Legs, shorter the Potc original legs.

Screenshot_20190722-115047_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190722-115047_Messenger (resized).jpg
#11444 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Hobbit Gold Vein Legs, shorter the Potc original legs.[quoted image]

ah.... got it. I thought they were powder coated to look like the hobbit legs, didn't realize they were hobbit legs.

#11445 4 years ago

ah.... got it. I thought they were powder coated to look like the hobbit legs, didn't realize they were hobbit legs.

Will have to have your Brother call you and train you on JJP products again....lol

#11446 4 years ago

That's what I was under the assumption of too.

Oh well. They look slick either way, definitely compliment the theme and colors of the game.

Do the shorter legs affect gameplay at all?

#11447 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's what I was under the assumption of too.
Oh well. They look slick either way, definitely compliment the theme and colors of the game.
Do the shorter legs affect gameplay at all?

No I think he got the body armor from JJP, the Hobbit ones, and then he had his POTC stainless steal legs powder coated to match. I assume he gave the powder coater one of the Hobbit armors for reference?

#11448 4 years ago

So how many decent run production games can anyone recall that almost immediately started selling for more than retail?

Almost every JJPOTC I have seen listed is $500-2000 more than the cost. That seems pretty amazing.

#11449 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Any update on the star map for the SE owners? When will they be shipping?
Dan

Doh sorry, didn't see this post.

The sort of hard to find light strings I need are only sourced in China that I can find, so there is some delay if you ordered lighting to go with it. If you just got the plastic those have been and continue to be shipped out in order. We're trying to ship partial orders for those who have ordered multiple products. So if you got the window mod, for example, that should be shipping out already or soon and we'll ship out the galaxy plastic with lighting as soon as that comes in. I ordered over a week ago and they said like 2-3 weeks for delivery.

I'm trying to keep all of the individual product threads updated and not post continually in here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-be-interested-in-replacement-star-map-plastic-for-jjpotc

#11450 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So how many decent run production games can anyone recall that almost immediately started selling for more than retail?
Almost every JJPOTC I have seen listed is $500-2000 more than the cost. That seems pretty amazing.

Yep, so amazing I bought 2! Well technically 3 but the first LE was to tide me over till the CE arrived now sadly only 2.... And proud of it! Build a great game and even with issues (they All have them) the market will follow.

IMG_3791 (resized).jpegIMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,877 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/229?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.