(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 378.
#11351 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Yes SE. only one they had and it was a miracle to even get, so I can’t complain.

I have an SE and love it. I was happy to just get one!!!

#11352 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I have an SE and love it. I was happy to just get one!!!

I feel the same way. It’s a great game with a deep rule set.

#11353 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys are the siderails just attached by screws or is there adhesive underneath them? Thinking about powdercoating them. If its adhesive ill leave em be.

The double-stick tape on my siderails wasn't adhering from day one. You can push on the sides and feel the rails flex slightly. I'd never seen that on any other pin, from any year. When I mentioned it to JJP they asked for pics and then sent me a new set of rails which seemed like overkill since all mine needed was new/more tape, but whatever, now I have a second set of LE siderails. On a side note, I've since checked other POTC and found they also have the issue with siderails not sticking.

#11354 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Yes SE. only one they had and it was a miracle to even get, so I can’t complain.

Gotta agree with the consensus ... the SE is amazing.

#11355 4 years ago

On another note, is anyone finding that the wizard mode for the red (Maelstrom) movie is a bit easy? I have started that wizard mode three times and have finished it the last two times without a problem ... and I am not nearly as good a player as most here.

How do you all rank the wizard modes in POTC from least to most difficult to complete?

Do you all find that some are much more valuable that others?

#11356 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

On another note, is anyone finding that the wizard mode for the red (Maelstrom) movie is a bit easy? I have started that wizard mode three times and have finished it the last two times without a problem ... and I am not nearly as good a player as most here.

How do you all rank the wizard modes in POTC from least to most difficult to complete?

Do you all find that some are much more valuable that others?

You're a better player than I am. I've never been able to start that one. I've come one shot away a couple of times, so I couldn't tell you if it's easy to beat. I've only been able to start 2 wizard modes - On Stanger Tides and Dead Mans Chest. I haven't been able to beat either one.

I'd say OST and DMC are both easier to start because the qualify shots are the easiest. COTBP is the hardest because it forces you to make that cannon shot, which is a challenge for me. I find that the shots to Maelstorm and the BT are tough because the ball likes to drain when I miss those. So my ranks for starting difficulty are:
OST
DMC
AWE
DMTNT
COTBP

#11357 4 years ago

Thought I'd show a new mod I've been working on..it's a lighted interactive skull. The skull lights when the center arrow at the bottom of the malestrom light comes on. It can easily be adapted to light off any insert in the game. It is utilizing the Rock Custom Pinball Game on technology. Took me just a few mins to install, plug and play. It will be up on our site shortly.

MVIMG_20190717_191916 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190717_191916 (resized).jpg
#11358 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thought I'd show a new mod I've been working on..it's a lighted interactive skull. The skull lights when the center arrow at the bottom of the malestrom light comes on. It can easily be adapted to light off any insert in the game. It is utilizing the Rock Custom Pinball Game on technology. Took me just a few mins to install, plug and play. It will be up on our site shortly.
[quoted image]

The Terminator!

#11359 4 years ago

My kraken would eat it.

#11360 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

The Terminator!

Ehh, not quite, Terminator is silver.

Quoted from Schabs81:

My kraken would eat it.

That might look cool actually. it can be mounted anywhere over a pf screw.

#11361 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ehh, not quite, Terminator is silver.

That might look cool actually. it can be mounted anywhere over a pf screw.

Wish this had been announced just a bit sooner. Would have put it over the maelstrom switch to hide the black plastic. That’s where you should market it. Also if it was piratey looking with a white bleached skull and a pirate hat or bandana with beads with a missing tooth that would be awesome. Everyone loves a critic! Sorry! Awesome mod though.

#11362 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wish this had been announced just a bit sooner. Would have put it over the maelstrom switch to hide the black plastic. That’s where you should market it. Also if it was piratey looking with a white bleached skull and a pirate hat or bandana with beads with a missing tooth that would be awesome. Everyone loves a critic! Sorry! Awesome mod though.

I can do white too (and terminator silver for Harry), thought blacked blended in better. I’ll consider other mounting spots, it’s easily movable. Nice that it gives an interactive indicator for the ramp.

#11363 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I can do white too (and terminator silver for Harry), thought blacked blended in better. I’ll consider other mounting spots, it’s easily movable. Nice that it gives an interactive indicator for the ramp.

It is nice. Good that you modders are still doing stuff for this pin. I thought you had all moved on to Wonka and Star Wars the Pin.

Appreciate your work in doing cool stuff for this amazing machine.

#11364 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It is nice. Good that you modders are still doing stuff for this pin. I thought you had all moved on to Wonka and Star Wars the Pin.
Appreciate your work in doing cool stuff for this amazing machine.

Thanks! I’ve started on mods for wonka, have an interactive spinning wonkavator coming soon.

#11365 4 years ago

Alright darn it, long day at work, hit the gym and drank a beer. Cliffys came the other day and were having a party Saturday so I gotta get motivated and get em installed. What are we talking here - 2hrs and 2 more beers?

#11366 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Alright darn it, long day at work, hit the gym and drank a beer. Cliffys came the other day and were having a party Saturday so I gotta get motivated and get em installed. What are we talking here - 2hrs and 2 more beers?

I do all that kind of work sans beer, sadly...

Don't wanna mess this shit up!

Depends on how comfortable you are working with all of this, if you have all your tools already, and if you've removed the Black Pearl before.

#11367 4 years ago

3 beers.

If you can put washers under sling posts under BP ramp, put washers under starmap posts and under posts near bumpers. If you have Mylar put that in the star map area.

#11368 4 years ago

Hmm... black pearl wirings so clean underneath it seems like a shame to start cutting zip ties on that - she’s never been off - plus I have a slight t-nut edge to grind.... couple more sips and I’ll decide what to do.

#11369 4 years ago

Hmm... black pearl wirings so clean underneath it seems like a shame to start cutting zip ties on that - she’s never been off - plus I have a slight t-nut edge to grind.... couple more sips and I’ll decide what to do.

cut the zip ties. Eat more Beer! (sorry wrong game)

Shouldn't you be drinking rum! Arrrrrr!

#11370 4 years ago

I only have the starpost neoprene washers from the kit left.... think I’ll bag the map protector tonight and just do Tortuga and rollovers. The pop skirt covers the deflector screws pretty much, and I feel a head change. Dang - looks like spinning jacks gotta come off.

#11371 4 years ago

I only have the starpost neoprene washers from the kit left.... think I’ll bag the map protector tonight and just do Tortuga and rollovers. The pop skirt covers the deflector screws pretty much, and I feel a head change. Dang - looks like spinning jacks gotta come off.

The ones in the kit are hard nylon. Not neoprene.

#11372 4 years ago

Done and done... no problemo. Actually the Tortuga hole and rollovers looked great but having the cliffys just feels better. No need to remove Tom, just wedge a Phillips under the pop skirt and the screws come out easy. Thanks guys

#11373 4 years ago

I need some advice: Can you make the Bayou shot on your machine? I can only backhand it from the left flipper and just if I let go of the upper flipper at the right timing. It's very hard. Never made a shot from the right flipper on purpose. Never! During multiball it's very hard to get the superjackpot.

I was also wandering if I should change the levelling of my machine. So right now it should be at 6.7. But it's hard to get controll of the balls at the lower flipper. For example: Balls exiting the left scoop fly over the left flipper (if I keep it up) onto the right slingshot. I saw streams where it nicely jumps to the right flipper.

Or I watched the fantastic "28 Million" stream and realized that he can stop the ball when it comes down from the upper playfield. On my machine the ball is returning too fast so that I cannot stop it.

So is my machine too steep already at 6.7? Or do I have to go a bit steeper?

Thanks for your opinion.

#11374 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I need some advice: Can you make the Bayou shot on your machine? I can only backhand it from the left flipper and just if I let go of the upper flipper at the right timing. It's very hard. Never made a shot from the right flipper on purpose. Never! During multiball it's very hard to get the superjackpot.
I was also wandering if I should change the levelling of my machine. So right now it should be at 6.7. But it's hard to get controll of the balls at the lower flipper. For example: Balls exiting the left scoop fly over the left flipper (if I keep it up) onto the right slingshot. I saw streams where it nicely jumps to the right flipper.
Or I watched the fantastic "28 Million" stream and realized that he can stop the ball when it comes down from the upper playfield. On my machine the ball is returning too fast so that I cannot stop it.
So is my machine too steep already at 6.7? Or do I have to go a bit steeper?
Thanks for your opinion.

Mine is at 6.5. Any steeper and multiball was no fun for me. It’s your machine you make it what you want. Check that you’re left upper flipper is the correct angle. A full plunge should reach the middle of the right bottom flipper. If it drains then undo the nut for the flipper and adjust. Also when you’re doing the loops holding the flipper up should then have the ball hit the gold. With the depths my ball usually ends up hitting the sling or bounces back to the left flipper. You can turn down the VUK a bit.

Hope this helps. My other machines are steeper. I just found this was draining too much on multiballs when above 6.5.

Oh and I always backhand into Bayou. But it’s easy to do.

Good luck!

#11375 4 years ago

When we set it up we had the back legs all the way out as we would normally do on any game. However, it was 7.9 degrees.

When we set up a friends, my tech said the game is designed so the back legs are almost all the way down. That's what I had to do is lower my back legs almost to the bottom and it's now 6.5 degrees.. Still might make it just a little steeper to 6.7 ...jury is still out.

#11376 4 years ago

I love that the legs are such that it should be 6.5 sitting 'flat'. It would be nice if everyone designed this way.

#11377 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I love that the legs are such that it should be 6.5 sitting 'flat'. It would be nice if everyone designed this way.

Great point

#11378 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine is at 6.5. Any steeper and multiball was no fun for me. It’s your machine you make it what you want. Check that you’re left upper flipper is the correct angle. A full plunge should reach the middle of the right bottom flipper. If it drains then undo the nut for the flipper and adjust. Also when you’re doing the loops holding the flipper up should then have the ball hit the gold. With the depths my ball usually ends up hitting the sling or bounces back to the left flipper. You can turn down the VUK a bit.
Hope this helps. My other machines are steeper. I just found this was draining too much on multiballs when above 6.5.
Oh and I always backhand into Bayou. But it’s easy to do.
Good luck!

Thanks for your feedback. So I might need to check the upper left flipper and adjust it. I will also go back to 6.5 as it's too fast right now.

#11379 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I just wish if they did they'd move the bolt holes down about 3/4" so a standard pinball dolly could slide under it without lifting the machine front.

#11380 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just wish if they did they'd move the bolt holes down about 3/4" so a standard pinball dolly could slide under it without lifting the machine front.

I had to raise my front legs a little to get my penguin dolly underneath

#11381 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The double-stick tape on my siderails wasn't adhering from day one. You can push on the sides and feel the rails flex slightly. I'd never seen that on any other pin, from any year. When I mentioned it to JJP they asked for pics and then sent me a new set of rails which seemed like overkill since all mine needed was new/more tape, but whatever, now I have a second set of LE siderails. On a side note, I've since checked other POTC and found they also have the issue with siderails not sticking.

I had this issue from day one on my LE too, but didn't think to contact JJP. It bothered me at first (my first and only NIB -- lots of other issues to work through but well worth the effort), but I forgot about it until just now.

#11382 4 years ago

I kept pushing on mine and eventually they got solid. I guess the adhesive took a while to cure or something.

#11383 4 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I had this issue from day one on my LE too, but didn't think to contact JJP. It bothered me at first (my first and only NIB -- lots of other issues to work through but well worth the effort), but I forgot about it until just now.

Mine is still like this but I haven't tried to secure them in case I decide to paint or PC the hardware (someday

#11384 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I kept pushing on mine and eventually they got solid. I guess the adhesive took a while to cure or something.

Tried that and it would stick for a day or so, but eventually pull away. For now I'm just ignoring it.

#11385 4 years ago

Decided on the tilt graphics kraken blades. They look really good but the cabinet is so tight they get holes or mucked up when you lift the play field.

#11386 4 years ago

Anyone able to make the action button more reliable? Mine seems to stick a lot.

#11387 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Buy the stern one from Marco. Don’t look back.

#11388 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Mine had problems with the glass contacting it. I put new pads between the lockdown bar and the glass, and JJP sent me a new button as it was loose and would not tighten. When I replaced the button, I found that my button was actually broken in half.

Button works perfectly now.

#11389 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I added just a very, very small amount of white lithium grease to the mechanism and it solved all of my sicking issues.

Jeff

#11390 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Thanks for your feedback. So I might need to check the upper left flipper and adjust it. I will also go back to 6.5 as it's too fast right now.

This game does improve your skills. Before I was doing inlane passes by just keeping the flipper held up, but with the depths shoot out, have the flipper open as it starts to roll over the left flipper, then drop it. That way the ball doesn’t rollover the end of the raised flipper towards the sling, it gets a slight bump towards the other flipper.

#11391 4 years ago

Tortuga Ron
20190719_223935 (resized).jpg20190719_223935 (resized).jpg

#11392 4 years ago

My SE got some new trim, just need a few more mods and shes done. Topper, lighted starfield, spinning pop bumper and artblades. New leg bolts and levelers on it's way as well.
20190720_135528 (resized).jpg20190720_135528 (resized).jpg20190720_135535 (resized).jpg20190720_135535 (resized).jpg20190720_140441 (resized).jpg20190720_140441 (resized).jpg20190720_135637 (resized).jpg20190720_135637 (resized).jpg20190720_135608 (resized).jpg20190720_135608 (resized).jpg20190720_135551 (resized).jpg20190720_135551 (resized).jpg

#11393 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I got a replacement sent to me by JJP, problem free since.

#11395 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

My SE got some new trim, just need a few more mods and shes done. Topper, lighted starfield, spinning pop bumper and artblades. New leg bolts and levelers on it's way as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks golden ponyboy! Awesome work.

#11396 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Or maybe it got tired of you constantly Poking at it! lol

#11397 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or maybe it got tired of you constantly Poking at it! lol

I’ve heard of people leaning against the washing machine on its spin cycle....

#11398 4 years ago

This never gets old, by far the best mod to a pirates, literally makes the game better, as you clearly know when to shoot the trunk.

B6B35AD9-568A-4B01-94BD-4F3BCBA32E86 (resized).jpegB6B35AD9-568A-4B01-94BD-4F3BCBA32E86 (resized).jpegFCE3918E-5DA5-4342-8D21-8809E2F397F6 (resized).jpegFCE3918E-5DA5-4342-8D21-8809E2F397F6 (resized).jpeg
#11399 4 years ago

Played WOZ earlier and then played JJPOTC tonight. I think WOZ is great game ... but JJPOTC is in another league altogether. IMHO, all of the current top five games pale in comparison and I have owned a number of them. It is just so much fun. Very satisfying shots.

#11400 4 years ago

I totally agree @statsdoc , I have both a woz - love it!... and I have an le pirates - best game out there imo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/228?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.