(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 377.
#11251 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ok where does the black pearl opto protector JJP go exactly? I'm not home atm but wanna throw it in.[quoted image]

Looks like you just remove the upper railing (two nuts on top of the railing, match up with the holes on that protector) put on the protector, remove railing, put on protector, put on railing, put on nuts. 2 minutes.

But if you ordered the window mod, you don't need it. Windows are starting to ship today/tomorrow (we live in the boonies, takes some time to get the mail out)

#11252 4 years ago

Mwahahha... magnets and decals are here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11253 4 years ago

Those decals are on magnets?

#11254 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Those decals are on magnets?

Well, they ARE magnets. There are two options, decals alone (sticky back) and magnets (artwork printed right on magnet material). The ones in the pic are the magnets. They are uber thin so it's very hard to tell they are magnets. They are right over the existing artwork, just pull them off to go back to stock or switch! 3 designs

#11255 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Looks like you just remove the upper railing (two nuts on top of the railing, match up with the holes on that protector) put on the protector, remove railing, put on protector, put on railing, put on nuts. 2 minutes.
But if you ordered the window mod, you don't need it. Windows are starting to ship today/tomorrow (we live in the boonies, takes some time to get the mail out)

Can you take a picture? Would it be facing forward ( towards the player) or backwards facing the back of the cabinet?

#11256 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Can you take a picture? Would it be facing forward ( towards the player) or backwards facing the back of the cabinet?

Towards the back. Something like this... I mean it can only go one of two ways, and you don't want it facing forward.

#11257 4 years ago

For those of you with cliffys, did you put the washer back on the post near the tortuga hole?

5480DD95-CB8E-4C97-94DF-B629B47888DA (resized).jpeg5480DD95-CB8E-4C97-94DF-B629B47888DA (resized).jpeg
#11258 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

For those of you with cliffys, did you put the washer back on the post near the tortuga hole?[quoted image]

No.

On another note... does this get anyone excited?

#11259 4 years ago

No.
On another note... does this get anyone excited?

I got a little excited yes lol

#11260 4 years ago

Well, they ARE magnets. There are two options, decals alone (sticky back) and magnets (artwork printed right on magnet material). The ones in the pic are the magnets. They are uber thin so it's very hard to tell they are magnets. They are right over the existing artwork, just pull them off to go back to stock or switch! 3 designs

I really like easily reversible mods, so that sounds awesome. I wonder how well that blue will go with the CE playfield?

#11261 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I really like easily reversible mods, so that sounds awesome. I wonder how well that blue will go with the CE playfield?

Not as good as the green.

Green-Preview (resized).jpgGreen-Preview (resized).jpg
#11262 4 years ago

Not as good as the green.[quoted image]

How much?

#11264 4 years ago

Hey guys, who wants a spinning davy jones? Works on all models of POTC. Simplified mechanism, easier to install, plug and play, no special wiring, integrates with all OEM connections. Could I interest you in a spinning Jack as well? All coming down the pipeline with a full matching set.

This is a 3D render, colors will obviously be painted in and texture added.

#11265 4 years ago

Hey guys, who wants a spinning davy jones? Works on all models of POTC. Simplified mechanism, easier to install, plug and play, no special wiring, integrates with all OEM connections. Could I interest you in a spinning Jack as well? All coming down the pipeline with a full matching set.
[quoted image]

As long as he's not Green LOL.....I think I would want one as the current figurine is kind of Bland. That's coming from a guy that really never pays attention to that. Looks Great

#11266 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

As long as he's not Green LOL.....I think I would want one as the current figurine is kind of Bland. That's coming from a guy that really never pays attention to that. Looks Great

There will be two options. I have limited supply of the Neca figures for both jack and davy. So the "upgraded" option. Otherwise we will be printing Jack and Davy and hand painting them to basically match the Neca figure scheme. Different pose but same concept.

Working on some final touches now and will be posting in the seperate thread any updates and ordering info.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-spinning-pop-bumpers-upgrade

#11267 4 years ago

And. ......one full loaded pirates captain picture on my new pin
2019-07-13 18.15.01 (resized).jpg2019-07-13 18.15.01 (resized).jpg

#11268 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

And. ......one full loaded pirates captain picture on my new pin
[quoted image]

ARRRRRRRRRRR!

#11269 4 years ago

What character is considered the best for score and progress? Didn't see it in key posts - just a breakdown of character rules.

I've only had the game 2 weeks, but my best scores have been Norrington. I was one chapter away from qualifying my 2nd mini wizard in a game. He really helps with sloppy shooting.

#11270 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

What character is considered the best for score and progress? Didn't see it in key posts - just a breakdown of character rules.
I've only had the game 2 weeks, but my best scores have been Norrington. I was one chapter away from qualifying my 2nd mini wizard in a game. He really helps with sloppy shooting.

I’ve had more luck with Blackbeard. I can hit the character shots most of the time but can’t keep multiballs going very long. They are pretty overwhelming for me, particularly when I stack them.

P.S. I know ... get better. I just struggle to control more than two balls at a time.

#11271 4 years ago

[quoted image]

I'm in on a DAVY JONES!!!

#11272 4 years ago

Holy cow...what a game. Actually finished 2 wizard modes. Blew my old GC out of the water by a ton. Don’t know that I will ever match that again.

B29D20D2-24FE-4C83-A181-30C993ABFC7F (resized).jpegB29D20D2-24FE-4C83-A181-30C993ABFC7F (resized).jpeg
#11273 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I'm in on a DAVY JONES!!!

Testing a final fitment this weekend. I made them really easy to install, I think, and different from what is out there.

#11274 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Holy cow...what a game. Actually finished 2 wizard modes. Blew my old GC out of the water by a ton. Don’t know that I will ever match that again.[quoted image]

WOW. Awesome score.

#11275 4 years ago

You aren't cool unless you're in the red led crew.

Forgot to do video. It does a really subtle heartbeat. I am going to the sides and bottom now. I am not 100% on the red color, but I'm gonna add a controller so I can set the color. I might do addressable LEDs and make the center flames flicker.

Really the only reason the fan is red because I wanted to replace that POS intel fan that makes a racket.

#11276 4 years ago

It’s turning into Frankenstein’s monster.

#11277 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It’s turning into Frankenstein’s monster.

It's alive!

#11279 4 years ago

You aren't cool unless you're in the red led crew.
[quoted image]
Forgot to do video. It does a really subtle heartbeat. I am going to the sides and bottom now. I am not 100% on the red color, but I'm gonna add a controller so I can set the color. I might do addressable LEDs and make the center flames flicker.
[quoted image]
Really the only reason the fan is red because I wanted to replace that POS intel fan that makes a racket.
[quoted image]

White looks better on the sidelights, IMO. Not sure about red on the top, I prefer an rgb fade effect, it’s more subtle.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-translight-side-lights-kit

9856AA38-2D02-471D-B239-8878441C9245 (resized).jpeg9856AA38-2D02-471D-B239-8878441C9245 (resized).jpeg
#11280 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

White looks better on the sidelights, IMO. Not sure about red on the top, I prefer an rgb fade effect, it’s more subtle.
https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-translight-side-lights-kit
[quoted image]

Agreed! We have an accord

#11281 4 years ago

If you guys want to see some never before seen pictures and great commentary from Eric on the making of POTC go here and see his seminar at Pintastic 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hsYk9HhlG9AxvS2IgaUkA

#11282 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Yea this looks much better. I have lermods backbox on my Aerosmith and it’s beautiful.

#11283 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

i like blackbeard as a general all-arounder. he's pretty solid in most games and usually what i will end up picking in a tournament scenario.

i think karl deangelo pretty much showed us all that barbossa is the absolute GOAT if you are very skilled and are going for pure scoring.

#11284 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i like blackbeard as a general all-arounder. he's pretty solid in most games and usually what i will end up picking in a tournament scenario.
i think karl deangelo pretty much showed us all that barbossa is the absolute GOAT if you are very skilled and are going for pure scoring.

Looks like Eric is tweaking the rules on Barbossa. It's all in his Pintastic seminar.

#11285 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Nice! I Haven't messed with it too much but personally I don't think the color change works well with the game. Gonna mess with some addressables and build in effects for the entire backbox. So some partially color sweeping through a limited range of hues, some flickering like flames, etc. We shall see how that works.

#11286 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Looks like Eric is tweaking the rules on Barbossa. It's all in his Pintastic seminar.

yeah i expect some significant balancing from the code update. fingers crossed that they are getting close. feels like we've been on this version forever.

#11287 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

yeah i expect some significant balancing from the code update. fingers crossed that they are getting close. feels like we've been on this version forever.

Keep things in perspective! There was a code drop really recently. And the next drop may be the last. So literally forever...

#11288 4 years ago

Procrastination almost made me miss this title but I am going to go pick up a NIB standard next weekend. Already got cliffy protectors ordered and I can’t wait to get this thing home. My only sadness is that I’ll be missing the RGB GI effects. Gotta say, I’m not sure why that needed to be stripped from the standard. I get the other LE and CE separations but this is a feature that imho, should have been included with all models.

Anyways, looking forward to joining the club and this thread has been hugely helpful with knowing what stuff to look for on the new game. Thanks everyone!

#11289 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Procrastination almost made me miss this title but I am going to go pick up a NIB standard next weekend. Already got cliffy protectors ordered and I can’t wait to get this thing home. My only sadness is that I’ll be missing the RGB GI effects. Gotta say, I’m not sure why that needed to be stripped from the standard. I get the other LE and CE separations but this is a feature that imho, should have been included with all models.
Anyways, looking forward to joining the club and this thread has been hugely helpful with knowing what stuff to look for on the new game. Thanks everyone!

I have a standard and I don’t even notice the gi being white. All the inserts are RGB...here’s a photo of my standard all lit up. It still looks so amazing

247095F1-4E8B-400A-AEB1-CA84C57B82EA (resized).jpeg247095F1-4E8B-400A-AEB1-CA84C57B82EA (resized).jpeg
#11290 4 years ago

I have a standard and I don’t even notice the gi being white. All the inserts are RGB...here’s a photo of my standard all lit up. It still looks so amazing[quoted image]

Its an Awesome game in ANY model! Play it and enjoy!!!

#11291 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m waiting on you to tell me you made a Devil’s Triangle for us SE folks lol

#11292 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep - truly one of the best pins ever in my book

#11293 4 years ago

I’m waiting on you to tell me you made a Devil’s Triangle for us SE folks lol

A rather simple mod to make. Wanted to see if Backalley was going to make them as he was the creator and I dislike stealing other peoples creation. I could have this out in a week in a virtual copy of the original. Will keep you posted.

#11294 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A rather simple mod to make. Wanted to see if Backalley was going to make them as he was the creator and I dislike stealing other peoples creation. I could have this out in a week in a virtual copy of the original. Will keep you posted.

I figured back alley wouldn’t do it as JJP has said no to selling them other than to le/ce owners. I molded an original that’s similar but different to not infringe or blatantly copy.... Harry’s working on something also... SE owners should have options soon.

#11295 4 years ago

FYI I also have the Devil's Triangle rock upgrade coming. It won't be a copy of the original, we're considering it an upgrade as we think LE/CE owners will also want it with the unique features.

#11296 4 years ago

FYI I also have the Devil's Triangle rock upgrade coming. It won't be a copy of the original, we're considering it an upgrade as we think LE/CE owners will also want it with the unique features.

I need something to fill the void in that area!!

#11297 4 years ago

Here's a peek at the new Maelstrom switch delete mod. Never see that unsightly switch again. Option then to dremel off the tab on the ramp for the "baby smooth" look or go with our Maelstrom Wave mod which will hide the tab under a crashing wave.

#11298 4 years ago

Um...don't you need that switch?

#11299 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Um...don't you need that switch?

Yeah. It just won't be visible.

#11300 4 years ago

In Erics seminar at a pintastic he showed a photo of 3 drop targets in front of the chest stand up targets. Wonder how this would have changed the game if they were not cut out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/226?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.