(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 377.
#11152 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I have the CE so more green on the Playfield and as such I have my Pin Stadiums set to a green which I love.[quoted image]

I don't know why pinstadiums doesn't put a strong honeycomb diffuser on their strips to reduce the dotty or rainbow effect. Seems like with a little trial and error they could work it out.

#11153 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Woah woah woah there... what are all those red lights?! Start button... coin eject buttons... legs? Shooter assembly?! Is that custom?

Contact MustangPaul It is on my wish list as well.

#11154 4 years ago

Woah woah woah there... what are all those red lights?! Start button... coin eject buttons... legs? Shooter assembly?! Is that custom?

Why not golden though.....?

#11155 4 years ago

Paul will work out whatever you want

#11156 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Paul will work out whatever you want

I just meant for that game.... Though red looks awesome too!

Man, $85 shipped, if it's still that price, is pretty dandy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups

#11157 4 years ago

Ah cool, too much bling on the cabinet for me (still debating lit up buttons, although now I have like 10 clear buttons sitting here) but cool idea

#11158 4 years ago

(Oops. Wrong thread)

#11159 4 years ago

Black pop bodies & clear skirts, what a freaking chore.

0704191926 (resized).jpg0704191926 (resized).jpg0704191926a (resized).jpg0704191926a (resized).jpg0704191926b (resized).jpg0704191926b (resized).jpg
#11160 4 years ago

Black pop bodies & clear skirts, what a freaking chore.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's pretty neat actually!

#11161 4 years ago

This game is just amazing, had a really fun one today with Norrington.

92E1D0EF-2683-45A6-B0A0-8C7D102686F4 (resized).jpeg92E1D0EF-2683-45A6-B0A0-8C7D102686F4 (resized).jpeg
#11162 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I wrote to Jack himself last week and he told me the manual issue was still under consideration. He said a manual would be provided but not necessarily a printed one for any model including CE's.

I got mine with my CE and many others also. Did not come with the LE.

#11163 4 years ago

If we are talking manuals, it sounds like some cross-purpose talk is happening here. POTC CE models came with printed manuals, although the first few tables made it out the door without them and then the manuals were sent on after from the factory. It sounds like Jack was thinking Wonka, which is a very different situation. First off all, only bits and pieces of what will become the manual exist right now and the engineers are working on assembling the remainder of it. Also, Wonka LEs and SEs are not getting printed manuals (unlike DI but exactly like Pirates), and right now I believe that the Wonka CE manual question is still not decided. I THINK - and I reserve the right to be wrong - that the manual will not appear in print form at least not at the outset - it will be as all our manuals are, always free on our website. I believe that is what is happening. Wonka LE machines are on the line now along with standards.

#11164 4 years ago

Thanks for your elucidation. I asked Jack and (and also Jenn) specifically about WONKA CE manuals. Jenn told me a month ago she did not know if they would be included and Jack last week told me that it was an open issue for the CE's still but some form of manual, maybe not 'printed', would be made available. You are right about the history of the printed manual. Included with my WOZRR and my Hobbit BA but I had to pay for one for my POTC LE; I don't have DI so I don't know what happened there. They have been gradually cut back and now it looks possible that they may be gone completely even for CE's and no one is sure if they will even be available in print form as a separate purchase. I was told by others at JJP to let the 'powers' know if you want printed manuals to continue. I for one do and that is why I contacted Jack about the issue.

#11165 4 years ago

Black pop bodies & clear skirts, what a freaking chore.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why did you change them? So they could be lit, or just aesthetics?

#11166 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks for your elucidation. I asked Jack and (and also Jenn) specifically about WONKA CE manuals. Jenn told me a month ago she did not know if they would be included and Jack last week told me that it was an open issue for the CE's still but some form of manual, maybe not 'printed', would be made available. You are right about the history of the printed manual. Included with my WOZRR and my Hobbit BA but I had to pay for one for my POTC LE; I don't have DI so I don't know what happened there. They have been gradually cut back and now it looks possible that they may be gone completely even for CE's and no one is sure if they will even be available in print form as a separate purchase. I was told by others at JJP to let the 'powers' know if you want printed manuals to continue. I for one do and that is why I contacted Jack about the issue.

Butch who writes the manuals as well as all the tech support guys have been lobbying hard for manuals to continue in their current style at least as an option, although the printed manual is a 2-edged issue for this reason: Butch routinely updates the manuals on the website - WOZ for example got a manual update to reflect the YBR edition when it came out - whereas the printed manuals are essentially frozen in time. We sold out of all Hobbit printed manuals and lobbying efforts to have more printed have so far failed, although I think if there is enough demand they will authorize a small run. Black Arrow was the only model of Hobbit to get the printed manual, 75th WOZ it was offered as an incentive, DI LE and CE customers got printed manuals, POTC CE only but everybody gets access to Butch's manual on line which is most important as he puts a ton of time and effort into making it as nice as can be.

#11167 4 years ago

Yep. Your printed manuals are superb and are as much a keeper as the machine itself is. Kind of go "hand and glove" together. I hope the 'bean counters' see the light on the issue and make the customers' and the JJP tech staffs' lives a bit easier. Yeah, online may be a work around way to deal with the need for a manual but I don't have a PC by my machines and the manuals don't display all that well on my smart phone. Hence, I personally have a need and I have used my printed manuals many times.

#11168 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Yep. Your printed manuals are superb and are as much a keeper as the machine itself is. Kind of go "hand and glove" together. I hope the 'bean counters' see the light on the issue and make the customers' and the JJP tech staffs' lives a bit easier. Yeah, online may be a work around way to deal with the need for a manual but I don't have a PC by my machines and the manuals don't display all that well on my smart phone. Hence, I personally have a need and I have used my printed manuals many times.

Use the manual that is on your machine

#11169 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Not so convenient if you're mid game or have the playfield up.

A tablet works wonders for zooming, but flipping back and forth between pages is always a highlight for paper.

#11170 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I can’t get the ball up to the chest from the left flipper. My upper left won’t go back down in time. Is that the way it’s supposed to be or do I have something wrong?

When you back hand that shot, the ball can pass to the right of the upper left flipper while it's up, and make it up the forks into the chest. No need to put the upper flipper down. If it's not working your table may not be balanced in the upper part of playfield. It's a shot that may require some practice.

#11171 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I can’t get the ball up to the chest from the left flipper. My upper left won’t go back down in time. Is that the way it’s supposed to be or do I have something wrong?

The flippers are multi-stage meaning if you lightly press only the bottom flippers will flip; press all the way in and both the lower and upper flippers flip.

I just lightly press to move only the left flipper and the upper doesn’t get in the way.

#11172 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

The flippers are multi-stage meaning if you lightly press only the bottom flippers will flip; press all the way in and both the lower and upper flippers flip.

Cool, I did not know that. That's going to be a nice challenge for me, since I've been mashing the buttons all the way down since I've been in the hobby. I can't wait to test it out.

#11173 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Cool, I did not know that. That's going to be a nice challenge for me, since I've been mashing the buttons all the way down since I've been in the hobby. I can't wait to test it out.

Same here. Do other games have this behavior as well? TZ? Shadow? Funhouse? etc.?

#11174 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Hard to see when the playfield is up.

#11175 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Same here. Do other games have this behavior as well? TZ? Shadow? Funhouse? etc.?

Quoted from Reznnate:

Any game with upper flippers does this. If you are really goood you can cradle with the lower and still use the upper flipper as needed

#11176 4 years ago

So... who's got a SE?

Yeah, still playing with the speed and coincidence of stars, but you get the idea. And that plastic is a production sample, no dots in the real one.

#11177 4 years ago

So... who's got a SE?

Yeah, still playing with the speed and coincidence of stars, but you get the idea. And that plastic is a production sample, no dots in the real one.

That’s sweet!!!!!

#11178 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

That’s sweet!!!!!

I'm gonna see if I can make it do a POTC logo or something on boot. Think JJP will hire me?

Humm.. I wonder if the signals are there for the starmap on the SE versions. Maybe I could read those with the arduino... heh. So an upgraded starmap for everyone!

#11179 4 years ago

I'm gonna see if I can make it do a POTC logo or something on boot. Think JJP will hire me?
Humm.. I wonder if the signals are there for the starmap on the SE versions. Maybe I could read those with the arduino... heh. So an upgraded starmap for everyone!

I love what you're doing, but just an FYI. Jersey Jack got really upset about patent infringement and copyright issues in the special when lit podcast issue recently, said the community needs to knock if off or the results won't be pretty. Jjp logo may be a bit to far

#11180 4 years ago

Question hypothetically could you take an le loght board and put it in and se and this get Rgb gi? I imagine the code is identical just hardware

#11182 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I love what you're doing, but just an FYI. Jersey Jack got really upset about patent infringement and copyright issues in the special when lit podcast issue recently, said the community needs to knock if off or the results won't be pretty. Jjp logo may be a bit to far

At what point during the podcast did JJP discuss copyright issues?

#11183 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I was meaning the skull and crossbones.

#11184 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Butch who writes the manuals as well as all the tech support guys have been lobbying hard for manuals to continue in their current style at least as an option, although the printed manual is a 2-edged issue for this reason: Butch routinely updates the manuals on the website - WOZ for example got a manual update to reflect the YBR edition when it came out - whereas the printed manuals are essentially frozen in time. We sold out of all Hobbit printed manuals and lobbying efforts to have more printed have so far failed, although I think if there is enough demand they will authorize a small run. Black Arrow was the only model of Hobbit to get the printed manual, 75th WOZ it was offered as an incentive, DI LE and CE customers got printed manuals, POTC CE only but everybody gets access to Butch's manual on line which is most important as he puts a ton of time and effort into making it as nice as can be.

Butch's manuals are the BEST MANUALS IN PINBALL, bar none. You could get around the update issue if you changed the binding slightly to make it easier to un-spiral the end (less turns) and just issued a final update at the end of the pages that changed people could buy for $10 or something to update their manuals. Of just save the paper manual release until 12 months after the game is out so it's mostly right.

#11185 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Butch's manuals are the BEST MANUALS IN PINBALL, bar none. You could get around the update issue if you changed the binding slightly to make it easier to un-spiral the end (less turns) and just issued a final update at the end of the pages that changed people could buy for $10 or something to update their manuals. Of just save the paper manual release until 12 months after the game is out so it's mostly right.

Agree on the quality of the manual. It's a work of art.

So there is no way for the customer to currently update their manuals with augmentation? Meaning the manual is updated online and there is no way to discern which section were modified? It seems like that could make it easier, knowing which sections were changed (or which pages) so you could print just the changes and replace/bind them yourself. But yeah, if that isn't possible then the addendum seems appropriate. If I could send it to my local FedEx/Kinkos and get printed what I need maybe that is easier than JJP having to deal with the minor updates/prints.

#11186 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I said podcast, I meant the Wonka stream.

it's towards the end of the call with Jack

#11187 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

He really doesn't freak out or threaten. He just warns that the folks who hold the IP on these things (not JJP) are very serious about protecting it and -will- go after people. He encourages people to make their own stuff using their own creativity.

#11188 4 years ago

2:04:45

"Don't infringe on my intellectual property"
"Back off, back off"

I don't see why Jack has any responsibility to mods 3rd party people are making. The licensor would be responsible, Jack isn't in the middle of this. Seems like he has an issue.

#11189 4 years ago

How do you know RGB boards can't be swapped into an SE? Have you tried it?

Page 349 of the manual says the only difference in lighting is on the boards - RGB vs White. The software is the same.

The lighting is all described in the manual here:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1513623/Jersey-Jack-Pinball-Pirates-Of-The-Caribbean.html?page=349#manual

#11190 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

He's a tech for JJP. So maybe he knows.

Quoted from RTS:

The software is the same.

Dongle might be different.

LTG : )

#11191 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's a tech for JJP. So maybe he knows.

Dongle might be different.
LTG : )

Is that the only limitation of the different dongle? Or maybe the topper control for the CE?

Do all JJP games use dongles and do all JJP games use that dongle to denote version?

It doesn't seem the starmap control is limited by the dongle, but I haven't pinned out the ethernet port and looked at the chip the starmap uses to handle the decoding of whatever signals are sent. At this point I'm just curious as I'm not going to spend the time trying to reverse engineer the starmap. SE folks will get generic blinking lights. Would just be interesting to know.

#11193 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Page 349 of the manual says the only difference in lighting is on the boards - RGB vs White. The software is the same.
The lighting is all described in the manual here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1513623/Jersey-Jack-Pinball-Pirates-Of-The-Caribbean.html?page=349#manual

Hey by all means do what you want. I'm not the mod police or whatever. It doesn't work as far as I know but I'm not telling you what to do.

#11194 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Hey by all means do what you want. I'm not the mod police or whatever. It doesn't work as far as I know but I'm not telling you what to do.

Gotcha. I'm not a modder. I was just curious what prevented it from working, other than the different LED boards as stated in the manual.

#11195 4 years ago

"Back off, back off"
I don't see why Jack has any responsibility to mods 3rd party people are making. The licensor would be responsible, Jack isn't in the middle of this. Seems like he has an issue.

Are they after you Harry?

#11196 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Are they after you Harry?

LOL, probably.

#11197 4 years ago

"Back off, back off"

I’m sure he isn’t happy that the fine folks of pinside are able to get the chest working for a crummy $110.

They never should have taken that out of the game...period!

#11198 4 years ago

So I played this game today and I was overwhelmed with the total package. I had no idea what I was doing but enjoyed the shots and the beauty of the game. Would consider buying one and have not considered buying one mainly due to it not being a mass produced pinball. But what a great game, levels above anything I have ever played.

#11199 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So I played this game today and I was overwhelmed with the total package. I had no idea what I was doing but enjoyed the shots and the beauty of the game. Would consider buying one and have not considered buying one mainly due to it not being a mass produced pinball. But what a great game, levels above anything I have ever played.

This is how we all feel

#11200 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

This is how we all feel

I agree. I had zero interest in this game, mostly due to the high price.

And then I played it. Totally worth it. Easily JJP's best game. Every aspect of the game is excellent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/224?hl=tgrinchy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.