(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 378.
#11101 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I understand that a printed manual will not be provided for any model including the CE'S. Did you SE owners get a CD with your games and is it, if you know, as thorough as previous JJP manuals? They have been the very best.

Not even a CD...only the manual on the machine itself in the settings.

#11102 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I understand that a printed manual will not be provided for any model including the CE'S. Did you SE owners get a CD with your games and is it, if you know, as thorough as previous JJP manuals? They have been the very best.

The CE's all come with the printed manual.

#11103 4 years ago

Would any LE/CE owners be willing to purchase a Devil’s Triangle from JJP and sell to me? I’ll pay extra for your services

#11104 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

1) Look at your game's settings (frequency is set there). Arrr Frenzy isn't offered until you've completed the PIRATE lanes so many times. And then, once you've played Arrr Frenzy, you can't play it a second time until you've completed the PIRATE lanes an additional number of times.
2) Assuming by "PF x", you mean a playfield multiplier, then yes - this is what Super X is.
3) See #2. To start Super X, you need to have it selected as your PIRATE lanes award when you complete them and then shoot the PIRATE award target (to left of the chest) to collect it before you complete the PIRATE lanes for another award. Once you've collected it at the PIRATE award target, you then need to shoot the multiplier target that sets what the multiplier value is and activate the multiplier (for 30 secs by default). The first time you collect it, only the 2X target is lit to activate it. The second time, 2X and 3X are both lit. The third time, 2X, 3X and 4X are lit. And so on ...
4) Yes. When you collect Shot X at the PIRATE award target, all five (2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, and 6X) multiplier targets are lit. Whichever one you hit determines the multiplier value applied to your very next shot. Theoretically, you can work your way up to a 6X Super X multiplier running and then activate a 6X Shot X for a total of 36X multiplier on your next shot. This takes real precision timing and accurate shooting though to pull off.
Watch this Karl DeAngelo video to see him score a 24X(?) shot for 21 MILLION points!

Thanks tuna Super X had me confused Im not sure why they dont just name it PF x. I thought it was for your next superjackbot or something.

But yeah ive watched the Karl video was just insane how he pulled that off. Now that i get it maybe i can rewatch the video and answer my own question here. But im sure it would be good to just have on this thread the answer.

So once you get the Super X pirate award target you then have to hit the 4x target to Activate it. Assuming it is lit. If so you would have to have that ready. Avoiding all targets (Good freaking luck) Complete your pirate lanes again. Hit 4x to activate PF X , then hit pirate lane target to activate shot X. Then hit 6x Target. And next shot would be 24x. lol

The question is once you have SUPER X the 30 sec timer for PF X does not start until you have hit a 2x or 3x or 4x?

Also is 6x Super not possible?

#11105 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

The question is once you have SUPER X the 30 sec timer for PF X does not start until you have hit a 2x or 3x or 4x?
Also is 6x Super not possible?

Correct. Purple inlanes + pirate target lights 2x (and later, 3x/4x/5x/6x.) The PF/Super X does not begin until one of those multipliers are hit.

6x is possible, just risky because the target is likely to drain.

#11106 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

You may be referring to the Star Map "mystery" shots. If you shoot the Star Map when no chapters are qualified, a single shot will flash white for a second and the star field (LE and CE only) will draw a symbol representing the same shot. For example, the star field will draw the letter P if the P lane is the necessary shot. Anyway, each time you make one of these shots the star constellation book will be displayed to indicate the bonus has been collected. Collect enough and Extra Ball is lit.

Thanks for your feedback. Does this mean that I only have to shoot into the Star Map (when not activated) several times to collect enough items for the book or is it necessary to shoot the indicated symbol afterwards?

#11107 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Thanks for your feedback. Does this mean that I only have to shoot into the Star Map (when not activated) several times to collect enough items for the book or is it necessary to shoot the indicated symbol afterwards?

You need to shoot the indicated symbol to collect the constellation item.

#11108 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

The CE's all come with the printed manual.

I wrote to Jack himself last week and he told me the manual issue was still under consideration. He said a manual would be provided but not necessarily a printed one for any model including CE's.

#11109 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Correct. Purple inlanes + pirate target lights 2x (and later, 3x/4x/5x/6x.) The PF/Super X does not begin until one of those multipliers are hit.
6x is possible, just risky because the target is likely to drain.

Funny. I find 2x the most dangerous bounce. And pirate stand up.

Also have to watch it coming back out of the depths. Think I have to try and do a last split second flip with the left flipper as it comes over it at an oblique angle towards the middle. Sometimes it hits the flipper, sometimes the top left of the left sling. Sometimes SDTM.

#11110 4 years ago

Prior rules point ignorance confession (can't believe I somehow failed to notice this until now):

When "6X Bonus" is awarded via a Map Award, all the multiplier targets are lit and the bonus value actually awarded depends on which target you subsequently hit first.

Previously, I had been wondering why "6X" seemed to be the only bonus related Map Award consistently awarded. Now I realize why.

Just goes to show you how easily your attention can be distracted by the many things going on at once in this game. That's my excuse anyway!

#11111 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Prior rules point ignorance confession (can't believe I somehow failed to notice this until now):
When "6X Bonus" is awarded via a Map Award, all the multiplier targets are lit and the bonus value actually awarded depends on which target you subsequently hit first.
Previously, I had been wondering why "6X" seemed to be the only bonus related Map Award consistently awarded. Now I realize why.
Just goes to show you how easily your attention can be distracted by the many things going on at once in this game. That's my excuse anyway!

I love it when they all light up!! Annoying In multiball when an errant ball actually hits the 2x first.

On another note the bonus x targets on the pearl are tricky to hit. I guess that’s by design. Find I am getting them by cradling the left flipper.

Oohhh! Lucky post number!!

#11114 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

After 7 months playing this thing I have picked up on some (not all) of the constellation shots on the Star Map.
It does give an extra layer of depth to the game!

I still can't see them. How did you see the light? Haha

#11115 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I wrote to Jack himself last week and he told me the manual issue was still under consideration. He said a manual would be provided but not necessarily a printed one for any model including CE's.

Honestly not trying to be a smart alec, just wondering what the interest is in having a printed manual as long as one is available online. I'd think it would be kind of like phone books now - good in print at one time but better online now with searchable text.

#11116 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Honestly not trying to be a smart alec, just wondering what the interest is in having a printed manual as long as one is available online. I'd think it would be kind of like phone books now - good in print at one time but better online now with searchable text.

The physical WOZ manual is a REALLY nice book. I don't know if this would come with other manuals but it has a photo section of the making of the machine, pricing cards in nice quality color printing, etc. It's nice to have handy to put near the machine, open to the page I need, etc. versus having to lug my laptop and find a place to set it without knocking it over. That being said, I think it's a nice gesture to have the manual with each game (considering the price of the games) but not necessary.

#11117 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

The physical WOZ manual is a REALLY nice book. I don't know if this would come with other manuals but it has a photo section of the making of the machine, pricing cards in nice quality color printing, etc. It's nice to have handy to put near the machine, open to the page I need, etc. versus having to lug my laptop and find a place to set it without knocking it over. That being said, I think it's a nice gesture to have the manual with each game (considering the price of the games) but not necessary.

I agree with this. It's easier to reference while working on the game. And ... a pic of my wife & I are in the back of the JJPOTC manual, so we HAD to have it for bragging rights to our friends on how geeky we are with pinball. Ya know ... to get the eye roll look from them.

#11118 4 years ago

did anyone get a goody bag with key fobs in their game? I only had the pinballs inside.

Also, didn't get a CD Manual either.

#11119 4 years ago

Was there really a CD manual? Who even has a CD drive anymore? Just download it from the website.

Yeah, keychain and a pair of sling plastics came with it (along with a COA for LE and plugs/screws for the topper).

I have some extra key chains if you want one, I ordered a spare set of plastics and there were a grip of those on the sheet.

#11120 4 years ago

Does anyone have use for a 12" tall Davy Jones? Maybe it can sit on the top of the game? I was wanting to see if anything could be done with the 12" figures but I don't see a good use and I don't have a CE. Got it cheap, let it go cheap.

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m78327709883/?url_scheme=item%2FopenDetail&id=m78327709883

#11121 4 years ago

Does anyone have use for a 12" tall Davy Jones? Maybe it can sit on the top of the game? I was wanting to see if anything could be done with the 12" figures but I don't see a good use and I don't have a CE. Got it cheap, let it go cheap.
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m78327709883/?url_scheme=item%2FopenDetail&id=m78327709883

Color me interested! PM on the way!

#11122 4 years ago

Guess what is going on here Mwahahaha

0702191651 (resized).jpg0702191651 (resized).jpg
#11123 4 years ago

Guess what is going on here Mwahahaha[quoted image]

Trying to get hold of a stuck ball?

#11124 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Trying to get hold of a stuck ball?

Look closer. In the wire ramp.

#11125 4 years ago

Was there really a CD manual? Who even has a CD drive anymore? Just download it from the website.
Yeah, keychain and a pair of sling plastics came with it (along with a COA for LE and plugs/screws for the topper).
I have some extra key chains if you want one, I ordered a spare set of plastics and there were a grip of those on the sheet.

Thx Harry I'll just call to get them fromJJp

#11126 4 years ago

Guys turned on my SE tonight ( just got in Monday night nib ) and had 4 switch errors. So the Malestorm switch is not working at all, tried to loosen it/reposition no luck. The others in Red do they show that because they havnt been used yet or are they in error as well?

20190703_175614 (resized).jpg20190703_175614 (resized).jpg20190703_180444 (resized).jpg20190703_180444 (resized).jpg20190703_181111 (resized).jpg20190703_181111 (resized).jpg
#11127 4 years ago

Look closer. In the wire ramp.

Ohhhhhh! Is that allowed?!?

#11128 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys turned on my SE tonight ( just got in Monday night nib ) and had 4 switch errors. So the Malestorm switch is not working at all, tried to loosen it/reposition no luck. The others in Red do they show that because they havnt been used yet or are they in error as well?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do any of the switches work? If you look at the chapter select left rubber switch is it stuck closed? Might need to be gapped properly. I'd start there, should be fairly easy to see/get to from under the playfield. Use a switch adjustment tool.

http://homepinballrepair.com/index.php/pinball-switches-fixing-adjusting/

#11129 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ohhhhhh! Is that allowed?!?

Is it allowed to move a stupid ass black rubber box out of the middle of the playfield? Yes. Yes it is. PLug and play!

#11130 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The one for DI was extremely nice. I was absolutely bowled over with all the behind the scenes photos and other unexpected content in there. They did a really good job on it

#11131 4 years ago

Cut him in half and install on the playfield! Haha

#11132 4 years ago

Do any of the switches work? If you look at the chapter select left rubber switch is it stuck closed? Might need to be gapped properly. I'd start there, should be fairly easy to see/get to from under the playfield. Use a switch adjustment tool.
http://homepinballrepair.com/index.php/pinball-switches-fixing-adjusting/

I have a switch adjustment tool but I'm not sure what the chapter select rubber is. Is it only acceptable underneath? Confysed on this one.

#11133 4 years ago

Under the left edge of the chapter start magnet area. If you can rotate the rubber a bit in place it will probably solve it.

#11134 4 years ago

Would either Mod couple or Mezel mods be willing to make their own version of the Devil’s Triangle for us SE owners?

#11135 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Would either Mod couple or Mezel mods be willing to make their own version of the Devil’s Triangle for us SE owners?

You mean this? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-the-depths-rock-outcropping-in-design

Apparently, as another pinsider said, I'm making the SE upgrade kit.

#11136 4 years ago

Guess what is going on here Mwahahaha[quoted image]

Please!!!! Can't stand that switch with black nob sticking out! And some type of decal or mod to cover that holes after removed!!! Go Harry Go. Just add it to my order lol

#11137 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Please!!!! Can't stand that switch with black nob sticking out! And some type of decal or mod to cover that holes after removed!!! Go Harry Go. Just add it to my order lol

The cover for the holes is one of two options. One, cut the tab off the ramp Done. Two, we're making a "wave" that hugs the ramp and slips over the switch tab. The switch is either going under the ramp or in the new rock formation.

#11138 4 years ago

I know a lot of people get cranky when talking about Pin Stadium lighting but loving them...so happy to remove all those ugly spot lights...

20190703_235811.jpg20190703_235811.jpg
#11139 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I know a lot of people get cranky when talking about Pin Stadium lighting but loving them...so happy to remove all those ugly spot lights...[quoted image]

Ugh To each their own! The light on the left of the kraken kills me. We are making spotlight covers, btw.

#11140 4 years ago

So I can’t get the ball up to the chest from the left flipper. My upper left won’t go back down in time. Is that the way it’s supposed to be or do I have something wrong?

#11141 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I can’t get the ball up to the chest from the left flipper. My upper left won’t go back down in time. Is that the way it’s supposed to be or do I have something wrong?

Tap - release. Gotta be quick!

#11142 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I know a lot of people get cranky when talking about Pin Stadium lighting but loving them...so happy to remove all those ugly spot lights...[quoted image]

Woah woah woah there... what are all those red lights?! Start button... coin eject buttons... legs? Shooter assembly?! Is that custom?

#11143 4 years ago

Broken switch now ( malestorm ramp ).... game is only 3 days new outta box. Arm is not registering, I just wanna play

20190703_233158 (resized).jpg20190703_233158 (resized).jpg
#11144 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Broken switch now ( malestorm ramp ).... game is only 3 days new outta box. Arm is not registering, I just wanna play [quoted image]

I had the same problem on the same switch. In my case, I was able to fix it by removing the switch and loosening one of the two screws on the switch itself.
As soon as I did, it freed the switch and it clicked properly.

It has been fine ever since.

#11145 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Broken switch now ( malestorm ramp ).... game is only 3 days new outta box. Arm is not registering, I just wanna play [quoted image]

If you (carefully) take the arm off, does the actual switch nub click and register when you press it? If it does, then the arm may just need to be bent where it connects so it will trigger the nub. If it doesn't, then it may just be binding and zaphX's solution might get you back in business.

#11146 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you (carefully) take the arm off, does the actual switch nub click and register when you press it? If it does, then the arm may just need to be bent where it connects so it will trigger the nub. If it doesn't, then it may just be binding and zaphX's solution might get you back in business.

I'll go try that and report back, as of right now no clicking.

#11147 4 years ago

Ok guys, thanks to all your help all switches are working!!! Thanks for the video Harry I woulda never fixed that! Just installed a shaker, looking for it in the settings but xant seem to find it.

#11148 4 years ago

Shaker is working but still cant find it in settings.. so happy it's running right. GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!@

#11149 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I have the CE so more green on the Playfield and as such I have my Pin Stadiums set to a green which I love.

DF237DA5-ADBC-4759-9702-84B457D89ADF (resized).jpegDF237DA5-ADBC-4759-9702-84B457D89ADF (resized).jpeg
#11150 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I have the CE so more green on the Playfield and as such I have my Pin Stadiums set to a green which I love.[quoted image]

Throw some trough lighting! Looks spooky with that green, nice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/223?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.