(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 378.
#11001 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I was still pretty amazed at how full featured it was. But yeah, I cancelled an order for someone who placed two and I manually refunded the paypal payment and am still out the pinside fees. Waiting for a PM response from Robin hopefully.

It's okay, but compared to something like Shopify Lite (which is $9/mo flat rate if you self host) it's terrible.

#11002 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on who you know.

That was my theory.

That would be annoying as hell if I was trying to make a living doing this but I guess it's done in other industries (like the auto industry and consumer electronics). Preferred vendors get a heads up.

#11003 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's okay, but compared to something like Shopify (which is $9/mo flat rate if you self host) it's terrible.

I see it as more of an advertising opportunity cost than the replacement for a store. But, store integration would have been more ideal so order management is in a single place. I would have chosen Shopify or something similar if pinside was integrated. For such a small shop I didn't want to deal with server management, code base maintenance, etc so an out of the box product was ideal. Even importing orders manually is a pain because customers then get confused with duplicate order numbers and such.

But really, no complaints for the kind of hard work I know it takes to deal with this crap.

Ok, sorry... way off topic.

#11004 4 years ago

I see it as more of an advertising opportunity cost than the replacement for a store. But, store integration would have been more ideal so order management is in a single place. I would have chosen Shopify or something similar if pinside was integrated. For such a small shop I didn't want to deal with server management, code base maintenance, etc so an out of the box product was ideal. Even importing orders manually is a pain because customers then get confused with duplicate order numbers and such.
But really, no complaints for the kind of hard work I know it takes to deal with this crap.

The targeted advertising is the main perk of a pinside store, IMO. Definitely agree there.

Since Robin doesn't have variable shipping tables for international, I use pinside's pinmonk store for domestic and the web address pinmonk.com shopify lite mostly for international orders since shopify allows shipping rates for each major international region or for countries in each region based on per piece OR item weight.

#11005 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Since Robin doesn't have variable shipping tables for international, I use pinside's pinmonk store for domestic and the web address pinmonk.com shopify lite mostly for international orders since shopify allows shipping rates for each major international region or for countries in each region based on per piece OR item weight.

Ok. Now I think you guys should PM!!!

#11006 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I'm done.

#11007 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Or get a room.

#11008 4 years ago

On a roll tonight with the design ideas so here's another since CPR is so awesome. Again, I probably don't expect many/any people to want this crap but I'm making one so I might as well make more if others are interested. Replacement lower plastic set with a better look. Working on art and tracing the plastics. Production time should be really quick now that I have all of the CPR specs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-replacement-lower-plastics

Not to belabor my craziness, but I'm also working on another concept. No one steal this please. They are little "caps" that will work as plastic "nuts" or covers for hex headed screws that will dress up a game. They will be game specific or at least theme specific. For example, for CE there will be a little barnicle cap that can be used on slings or ramp protector screws, etc. I'm also making a generic "dome" sort of like a nylon nut but not made to look like a nut. This will be a more general option for sling post covers, for example, where you may just want the cover to blend in with the plastic art. I tried using colored anodized nylock nuts but they scratch really easy and they still look like nuts. So to bring that back around, I'm sort of designing these plastics to work with those concepts. I think they will be easier to put on and off, no tools involved and for anyone taking plastics on and off a lot this will be nice.

Really rough idea of what I wanted to do. Not going to happen soon, but you get the idea.

Barnicle (resized).jpgBarnicle (resized).jpg
#11009 4 years ago

On a roll tonight with the design ideas so here's another since CPR is so awesome. Again, I probably don't expect many/any people to want this crap but I'm making one so I might as well make more if others are interested. Replacement lower plastic set with a better look. Working on art and tracing the plastics. Production time should be really quick now that I have all of the CPR specs.
Not to belabor my craziness, but I'm also working on another concept. No one steal this please. They are little "caps" that will work as plastic "nuts" or covers for hex headed screws that will dress up a game. They will be game specific or at least theme specific. For example, for CE there will be a little barnicle cap that can be used on slings or ramp protector screws, etc. I'm also making a generic "dome" sort of like a nylon nut but not made to look like a nut. This will be a more general option for sling post covers, for example, where you may just want the cover to blend in with the plastic art. I tried using colored anodized nylock nuts but they scratch really easy and they still look like nuts. So to bring that back around, I'm sort of designing these plastics to work with those concepts. I think they will be easier to put on and off, no tools involved and for anyone taking plastics on and off a lot this will be nice.
Really rough idea of what I wanted to do. Not going to happen soon, but you get the idea.[quoted image]

Might bring attention to your nuts more than anything else like a cod piece!!

Have to see the completed project on this one Harry. Maybe if it was tiny, say just a cover? But can you get the same from coloured bolts. Maybe tiny East India co, logos or the Incan gold coins. Not sure, I mean we don’t want to over do it.....

#11010 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Might bring attention to your nuts more than anything else like a cod piece!!
Have to see the completed project on this one Harry. Maybe if it was tiny, say just a cover? But can you get the same from coloured bolts. Maybe tiny East India co, logos or the Incan gold coins. Not sure, I mean we don’t want to over do it.....

There has to be some stopping point, surely!

#11011 4 years ago

There has to be some stopping point, surely!

So our wives tell us.

#11012 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It should be whatever award is lit when you complete the last lane letter is what will be on the target that awards it. Although, with the same button being used for gold collection, I often find I've changed awards without realizing it. There needs to be a rethink of this, IMO.

Quoted from gumnut01:

There is a period of grace after gold collection that does not change selection. Also the RGB inlane colour lets you know pretty quick if you change it as well as the call out. Yes I have drained while trying to change it back, but that’s part of the fun.
As you said once pirate lanes are collected, selection is locked in at pirate collect standup. I will add collect it before you do the next pirate lanes or it gets sent to Davey Jones.... Arrrrrrrr!

Thanks a lot for your quick feedback

#11013 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The map2 piece goes on the backside of the map hole to protect the back of the hole from ball hits. The goal is to try to keep the map 1 piece as flat as possible and then not torque too much pressure on it, so I put down map 1 (after wiping the area with the activator so the 3M adhesive for the front edge would stick well):
[quoted image]
...then put the map2 piece on top of that at the backside of the hole:
[quoted image]
...then put the ball guide on the right on top of that stack. Then I put in the post and screw to hold the deflector, paying attention not to tighten overly tight and also to orient the deflector to similar orientation to when I took it off.
[quoted image]

Update on the install. I just did this Map yesterday. Didn't need to remove the stand up targets. Cliffy fit right over them. Also, the far right post screw is longer than the left as the left one was too short for the right side with the 2 Cliffys.

#11014 4 years ago

but indeed you can go off of a picture if you do it right.

Step 1 take picture
Step 2 measure 2 points on machine
step 3 put picture in cad program and calibrate it to your 2 points.

I know this is possible in Autodesk Fusion 360. Its how I model broken parts for the 3d printer.

#11015 4 years ago

harryhoudini Ordered some mods from you. When will the BP illuminated window be available?

#11016 4 years ago

Joined the club today all. Super stoked! Thank you to f3honda4me for your attention to detail with the transaction and shipping. I haven’t been following the details of the POTC threads but I will as time moves on. This if JJP #2 for me, with #3 on the way. Love this work of art! See y’all around! This is my boy hugging it right after unwrap.

24FD171A-042D-441E-A295-4B4F2E409ABA (resized).jpeg24FD171A-042D-441E-A295-4B4F2E409ABA (resized).jpeg
#11017 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Joined the club today all. Super stoked! Thank you to f3honda4me for your attention to detail with the transaction and shipping. I haven’t been following the details of the POTC threads but I will as time moves on. This if JJP #2 for me, with #3 on the way. Love this work of art! See y’all around! This is my boy hugging it right after unwrap.[quoted image]

I hope it brings your family as much enjoyment as it did for mine! It's an amazing pin, I'll own one again someday. It got a loving 1100 plays in a short time.

#11018 4 years ago

Not entirely relevant, though there's a nice quick flash of Jack discussing stuff briefly, and some shots of POTC as a prototype.

Regardless, it's Todd, he's fun, and I'm so glad he's getting healthier! Really a fantastic watch!

#11019 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We don’t sell mods until we’ve got a game too. This preselling before a game comes out I think isn’t good for the buyer. I know a mod I have coming out in collaboration with another pinsider for wonka is going to make some people feel like they should have waited, unfortunately.
Typically, I have started a mod thread for a specific game and then people can post mods in. I think it’s better this way as it doesn’t clutter up the owners thread and it becomes easier to find mods for a specific game. Maybe start a mod thread for POTC and then we can all post our mods in it. People not interested can just drain the thread. Also, if you sell mods on pinside, you really should open a pinside shop so Robin can get some revenue for the service/exposure the site provides. He charges 5% I think, very fair IMO.

As I had access to the game for Dozens of hours and Hundreds of photos and measurements you can Trust that I don't just Assume fitment or dimensions. Simple business strategy, find an opportunity and create what the people want. It's not a race but I can't see waiting around for concepts forever. Heck some Houdini mods started coming out After the game was done being made?? Giving the collectors options is a Wonderful thing and the more the better. We love what we do and have Many new ideas coming!

#11020 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Joined the club today all. Super stoked! Thank you to f3honda4me for your attention to detail with the transaction and shipping. I haven’t been following the details of the POTC threads but I will as time moves on. This if JJP #2 for me, with #3 on the way. Love this work of art! See y’all around! This is my boy hugging it right after unwrap.[quoted image]

Congrats to you I know f3honda4me took great care of that game and it looks like you and the family are going to enjoy it just as much. Just love to see kids enjoy the pins just awesome.

#11021 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

harryhoudini Ordered some mods from you. When will the BP illuminated window be available?

Is it out of stock again?! Dang. I'll add more. 2-3 weeks to ship

#11022 4 years ago

Really rough idea of what I wanted to do. Not going to happen soon, but you get the idea.[quoted image]

I like the cap idea. COuld be cool in a few places. I would worry they might fall off as sling shots and ramp areas move around and vibrate

#11023 4 years ago

Edged out my previous Kraken best! I missed a lot of shots. Probably would have been funny to watch. Blurted out a lot of cleaned curses and made a bunch of reduced violent motions half way thru the sloppily play mode, when I realized - I was totally blowing it. Going into it I was pretty composed and felt confident since I'd been there before. I had a "plan"... Specifically I had delusions of grandeur to hit like 15 inner loops at 6x, with a dozen SJPs and around 50 souls. Nope! Not even close. It was a blast though!

Meh... Life is good.

20190628_215918 (resized).jpg20190628_215918 (resized).jpg
#11024 4 years ago

Ok The pirate lane awards confuse me. I never know what i should really be picking.

Except for when i find light arrr frenzy. However arr frenzy is not always available to pick. So what qualifies it to even be picked?

Also How do i start Playfield X. Ive had people tell me super X = PF X.?? Doesnt seem right though.

SO to break down these questions down.

1.) What qualifies Arr frenzy to be available on the compass.

2.) How to start PF x?

3.) What is super X?

4.) Once u get shot X after you start it do you then have to hit the stand up for how much the X will be worth?

Thanks in advance fellas. Definitely feel like my confusion with this is whats holding me back from multi million games.

#11025 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Ok The pirate lane awards confuse me. I never know what i should really be picking.
Except for when i find light arrr frenzy. However arr frenzy is not always available to pick. So what qualifies it to even be picked?
Also How do i start Playfield X. Ive had people tell me super X = PF X.?? Doesnt seem right though.
2.) How to start PF x?
3.) What is super X?
4.) Once u get shot X after you start it do you then have to hit the stand up for how much the X will be worth?
Thanks in advance fellas. Definitely feel like my confusion with this is whats holding me back from multi million games.

You have to complete the inlanes like 3x to have the Arrr Frenzy option show up.

#11026 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to complete the inlanes like 3x to have the Arrr Frenzy option show up.

I had no idea! That's really cool!

#11027 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I had no idea! That's really cool!

It is selectable in the menu system. Its a fun mode, so we set it to the second set of lanes.

#11028 4 years ago

So my buddy just got one of the last nib SE’s and as we where setting up ,,, all the legs are not the same length....

#11029 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So my buddy just got one of the last nib SE’s and as we where setting up ,,, all the legs are not the same length....

Wha? Seriously?!?!

#11030 4 years ago

Pic?

#11031 4 years ago

One wood?

#11032 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats to you I know f3honda4me took great care of that game and it looks like you and the family are going to enjoy it just as much. Just love to see kids enjoy the pins just awesome.

@yelobird, thanks for the well wishes! Interesting timing on the communication. Apparently my wife has previously heard the term “mod” (I didn’t realize I spoke pinball as much as I do around the house) so she was googling “mods” for this new game. She came across the monkey, and the dog holding the keys and got all excited pointing it out to me that there is this company, The Mod Couple, that makes cool little toys for the games we have/love. Despite the other games being good themes and fun games, obviously this one has gotten to her. Sounds like we’ll be ordering some more toys soon!

#11033 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

yelobird, thanks for the well wishes! Interesting timing on the communication. Apparently my wife has previously heard the term “mod” (I didn’t realize I spoke pinball as much as I do around the house) so she was googling “mods” for this new game. She came across the monkey, and the dog holding the keys and got all excited pointing it out to me that there is this company, The Mod Couple, that makes cool little toys for the games we have/love. Despite the other games being good themes and fun games, obviously this one has gotten to her. Sounds like we’ll be ordering some more toys soon!

Can’t go wrong with mod couple! I had several of their mods on there already. Might as well buy the rest.

#11034 4 years ago

Oh and get this, huge chip.... this blows my mind brand new game unacceptable JJP! At least it’s under the dauntless

65BBB0FD-204A-4F01-A811-C2CEAC861F74 (resized).jpeg65BBB0FD-204A-4F01-A811-C2CEAC861F74 (resized).jpegFFA73D20-E1D7-4197-A9D9-EB7D2794ACF1 (resized).jpegFFA73D20-E1D7-4197-A9D9-EB7D2794ACF1 (resized).jpeg
#11035 4 years ago

I just got some black mirrored blades from pinball decals. Fail!
Looks like I'll have to cut them.

20190629_180147 (resized).jpg20190629_180147 (resized).jpg
#11036 4 years ago

Blade dremeled down to fit. Next problem, flared hinge bolt. Ground that down, so looking better.

20190629_182327 (resized).jpg20190629_182327 (resized).jpg20190629_182512 (resized).jpg20190629_182512 (resized).jpg20190629_182639 (resized).jpg20190629_182639 (resized).jpg
#11037 4 years ago

Install totally sucked way more than I expected. They were so tight that the playfield was sitting on the screws. Ultimately I had to use two sided tape on the front half. Zero space for blade protectors, so we'll see how long they stay nice.

15618561613347901642401821090658 (resized).jpg15618561613347901642401821090658 (resized).jpg15618561819302199212465525944095 (resized).jpg15618561819302199212465525944095 (resized).jpg
#11038 4 years ago

Oh and get this, huge chip.... this blows my mind brand new game unacceptable JJP! At least it’s under the dauntless [quoted image][quoted image]

Oh nooo.....

You literally just opened this game new a week or two ago, yes?

I'd heard there were issues around this point. Ugh....

#11039 4 years ago

Well I’m in the club. Sadly, some shipping damage. Anyone have any thoughts as to how to clean this up?

Worst experience over had with Beltmann (formerly navl). No blanket wrap under the shrink wrap. No corner protection. I’m kinda helpless I imagine because my daughter signed for it when I wasn’t home to inspect.

#11040 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh nooo.....
You literally just opened this game new a week or two ago, yes?
I'd heard there were issues around this point. Ugh....

No we opened today,,, two mismatched legs and massive chip... and the standard bubbling around posts, but that we can prevent from worsening

#11041 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

2.) How to start PF x?
3.) What is super X?

EDIT: more info provided in Post #11056 as well.

Watch this and learn. Karl is a master at POTC and gives great rules info and strategy tips.

EDIT: more info provided in Post #11056 as well.

#11042 4 years ago

Oh and get this, huge chip.... this blows my mind brand new game unacceptable JJP! At least it’s under the dauntless [quoted image][quoted image]

I knew that post was going to chip. I wanted to remove it and look but I bet it also has the sharp edge.

#11043 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Well I’m in the club. Sadly, some shipping damage. Anyone have any thoughts as to how to clean this up?
Worst experience over had with Beltmann (formerly navl). No blanket wrap under the shrink wrap. No corner protection. I’m kinda helpless I imagine because my daughter signed for it when I wasn’t home to inspect.

Was this new or HUO? Man, that sucks. I'm sorry.

No we opened today,,, two mismatched legs and massive chip... and the standard bubbling around posts, but that we can prevent from worsening

God damn that's nuts. I'm really sorry mate.

I have no idea why this fine game is so tormented by horrible issues.

#11044 4 years ago

This week my brand new SE will arrive at my arcade room. So excited.
I have a question about the VUK on the Black Pearl ship:
The default setting of the VUK is 32 from factory.
How much should I lower it down, to avoid damaging the spinner-optos behind the targets at top of the BP?
What are your settings? How much have you guys lowered it down, to have enough power to get the ball up to the ship and less enough to avoid damaging the optos?

Thank you and greetings from germany.

#11045 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

How much should I lower it down, to avoid damaging the spinner-optos behind the targets at top of the BP?
What are your settings? How much have you guys lowered it down, to have enough power to get the ball up to the ship and less enough to avoid damaging the optos?

It seems to vary. I dialed ours back to 22 so it makes it into the Black Pearl consistently but isn't slamming into it. some people have problems with anything less than 32. You'll just have to see how yours is. Be sure and request the black pearl opto protector from your distributor.

#11046 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Was this new or HUO? Man, that sucks. I'm sorry.

God damn that's nuts. I'm really sorry mate.

It's the curse of the Black Pearl.

#11047 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Manufacturing pinball is hard.

#11048 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

I adjusted it to 20.

#11049 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Manufacturing pinball is hard.

Not according to deeproot.

#11050 4 years ago

Looks good, don't it? @yelobird, get on it.

Don't bother if you are not wanting to cut wires, it's the only way to do it.
PopBlack (resized).jpgPopBlack (resized).jpg

I was going to go with clear skirts but I forgot I needed the base to be black as well (they are white, durr) so it looked weird. I liked to see the artwork/playfield through the clear ones. I think I'll order the bases and change them out as long as everything is cut now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/221?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.