(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 12,219 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by BC_Gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 218 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,177 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6912C593-1F4E-479E-B945-19BF1F86ECC7 (resized).jpeg
E10A127A-9157-4760-87A3-37A9D30FDE0C (resized).jpeg
DC5218F7-72E3-49C3-8418-FE9D909590BA (resized).jpeg
507E2A3F-5370-4332-9895-AAE50685E37D (resized).jpeg
351415CD-68E4-4A02-8942-B8217785F843 (resized).jpeg
3DFA1845-8B6C-4963-A0D9-FA4351A7EA5A (resized).jpeg
BD2DA509-58CE-4FEA-96EB-0BDC54231D08 (resized).jpeg
EE8040A8-B8D0-4FAC-9634-F42D6808FCB9 (resized).jpeg
53155467-5801-49BC-9A99-01BA5543AF3A (resized).jpeg
887C5034-5E98-44FB-9338-EB8DC73CFC4D (resized).jpeg
06EB0FB5-EE9C-4B99-BFF6-B4808CB148C7 (resized).jpeg
2FCECF80-7388-4392-B7A7-07F183FB1D50 (resized).jpeg
534FADE0-E7D9-4AAE-91E8-DE54987344DA (resized).jpeg
0BC6838E-A104-4CA1-B87B-19619C0AC1BD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190913_063411 (resized).jpg
37B96D5F-E141-493F-82EB-46660DAE98F7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12219 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 245.
#10951 80 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Good to know....just thought 10 plays was to early to see dirt.

What kind of balls you using?

I thought the same thing out of the box with the original balls but since I switched to the ball baron brand it isn’t as bad.

#10952 80 days ago
Quoted from kcZ:

That shooter is a work of art. I'm just not sure that I can handle people touching it[quoted image]

It’ll be fine , bulletproof with 2pack matte clear protecting it.

#10953 80 days ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

LoL... Bullet but what about kids? Kidding, of course. I'm planning on moving my game to a more permanent spot, then I'll install this work of art.

#10954 80 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What kind of balls you using?
I thought the same thing out of the box with the original balls but since I switched to the ball baron brand it isn’t as bad.

the ones that came with the game and they were pretty shiny.

#10955 80 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

the ones that came with the game and they were pretty shiny.

The quality of ball matters. The originals seem to oxidize or something causing them to get a little grimy.

I noticed this when I did my first cleaning, the balls were pretty dirty when I wiped them with a cloth.

#10956 80 days ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

This is a shout out to Geert. Great job! A work of art, very well crafted, rapidly shipped, and easy to install. If you like how it looks and have the $$, get one while you can. I don't think you will regret it.

20190627_101256.jpg
#10957 80 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any have or can point me in the right direction for install instructions on cliffys for jjp potc? Cliff said out of the hundreds he has made no one has done an install instruction sheet yet.
Thanks in advance.

The jjPotC tech thread has pictures for the map hole and also how to get the hardware off the tortuga hole (to tighten the deflector, but it's the same process you need to do to add the cliffy). The one for "The Depths" just clips on.

#10958 80 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

The jjPotC tech thread has pictures for the map hole and also how to get the hardware off the tortuga hole (to tighten the deflector, but it's the same process you need to do to add the cliffy). The one for "The Depths" just clips on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#10959 80 days ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Yep pretty yellow but not bad - I’m still deciding between the kraken ones or mirrorblades

Someone should make blades with just water and waves. That would look perfect on this machine IMO.

#10960 80 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Shannon over at JJP priced out the ramps for me - expensive!
Maelstrom Ramp (fully populated) $254.99
Mini PF Access Ramp (fully populated) $505.12
Maelstrom (ramp/decal only) $121.90
Mini PF Access (ramp/decal only) $178.77

Woof. A bit more than I expected... I wonder what parts come with it, for population.

#10961 80 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

Woof. A bit more than I expected... I wonder what parts come with it, for population.

I imagine everything you see on your game or the manual. Lights optos switches etc. But good to ask and not assume if you are ordering.

With the pricing I imagine they are expecting more plain ramp orders and the others are on a made to order basis.

Who can replace a ramp but not move the other components over?

#10962 80 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

For that price I would expect the entire upper playfield to come with it!

#10963 80 days ago

Question regarding the pirate lane awards. During gameplay I select a certain award and when the lanes are complete and I hit the target beside the left chest target, another award is granted.

Is there a certain moment I have to chose the award? After lane completion?

#10964 80 days ago
Quoted from Zora:

Question regarding the pirate lane awards. During gameplay I select a certain award and when the lanes are complete and I hit the target beside the left chest target, another award is granted.
Is there a certain moment I have to chose the award? After lane completion?

It should be whatever award is lit when you complete the last lane letter is what will be on the target that awards it. Although, with the same button being used for gold collection, I often find I've changed awards without realizing it. There needs to be a rethink of this, IMO.

#10965 80 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

It should be whatever award is lit when you complete the last lane letter is what will be on the target that awards it. Although, with the same button being used for gold collection, I often find I've changed awards without realizing it. There needs to be a rethink of this, IMO.

There is a period of grace after gold collection that does not change selection. Also the RGB inlane colour lets you know pretty quick if you change it as well as the call out. Yes I have drained while trying to change it back, but that’s part of the fun.

As you said once pirate lanes are collected, selection is locked in at pirate collect standup. I will add collect it before you do the next pirate lanes or it gets sent to Davey Jones.... Arrrrrrrr!

#10966 80 days ago
Quoted from arcadem:

This is a shout out to Geert. Great job! A work of art, very well crafted, rapidly shipped, and easy to install. If you like how it looks and have the $$, get one while you can. I don't think you will regret it.[quoted image]

Good to see the kids are playing your pirates

Does look awesome. Thanks for sharing.

#10968 80 days ago

Ignore my rambling.

#10969 80 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I mean this respectfully, but I believe etiquette is that instead of posting in the club thread every time you create another mod to sell, you create a thread in the mods forum for the specific game and there you post all your mods. Occasional is one thing, but posts about every new thing feels like reading a for sale thread instead of club owners thread.

If others feel the same way I'm happy to stop posting. I figured no other better place to ask input then on game specific threads. It's how other club threads work that I am participating in.

#10970 80 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I mean this respectfully, but I believe etiquette is that instead of posting in the club thread every time you create another mod to sell, you create a thread in the mods forum for the specific game and there you post all your mods. Occasional is one thing, but posts about every new thing feels like reading a for sale thread instead of club owners thread.

If Harry did not do this, many people would miss out on the black pearl cabin mod. I think he has the balance right. You need to point from here to his other threads and that’s what he is doing. I think he loves the game and is trying to share what he is doing. Same with steigerpijp and yelobird.

I actually have posted 2 posts asking people what are there favourite multiballs and what they find the hardest, and also how many people have completed the OST super jackpot. No response, because everybody has to take a photo of their new machine and share and it kills talk about gameplay. I mean we see the same machines 50 times. That’s fine. Just the nature of forums I guess.

Please all modders continue to post at least once for each brand new mod in this forum. Just my wishes, I may be wrong.

#10971 80 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I only just saw this new mod now, and had no clue there was a mod thread section.

I think if he was incessantly spamming about a particular mod with no benefit and just a sales pitch, that'd be an issue, but most people announce mods in these main threads. It's just....Harry is really, really late to the game. I do kinda feel the star map, and Pearl door are functional mods too, similar to Yelobird's map dampener, among other things by so many. No fluff, just additive to some of these people's great work!

This game thread keeps going strong, and as long as posts aren't thoroughly obnoxious, go for it!

#10972 80 days ago

Yelobird and other modders don’t make a post for every new mod they make that I could find. I did check. But maybe I’m wrong and I missed it and I’m out of my mind. If that’s the case then disregard.

#10973 80 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Didn’t you sell your JJPOTC?

#10974 80 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

If others feel the same way I'm happy to stop posting. I figured no other better place to ask input then on game specific threads. It's how other club threads work that I am participating in.

Keep up the good work Harry! I, for one, appreciate all you are doing for this great game and the hobby.

#10975 80 days ago
Quoted from rs812:

Didn’t you sell your JJPOTC?

Yep. And I’ll own one again eventually.

#10976 80 days ago

Did anyone pick up the new mod for Mezel with barrels and crates and a mast ??? Adds to the game for sure which they would have painted it needs a bit more detail. But cool all the same. All the mods made for this game has just improved the game greatly. I say keep them coming. Still need someone to make a good captain jack and even a skeleton shark or how about some small pirates to put on the main ship.

#10977 80 days ago

Anyone who thinks you should post here for mods to the game is crazy... this is the best place to hear about new stuff. If someone has something why wouldn’t you want to know if you don’t like don’t read it.

#10978 80 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Did anyone pick up the new mod for Mezel with barrels and crates and a mast ??? Adds to the game for sure which they would have painted it needs a bit more detail. But cool all the same. All the mods made for this game has just improved the game greatly. I say keep them coming. Still need someone to make a good captain jack and even a skeleton shark or how about some small pirates to put on the main ship.

A few people have posted it, looks awesome. Almost makes me want to swap out the modcouple one.. almost.

#10979 80 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yelobird and other modders don’t make a post for every new mod they make that I could find. I did check. But maybe I’m wrong and I missed it and I’m out of my mind. If that’s the case then disregard.

I rather he not create separate threads for this bc that would feel more spam like to me. It hasn't been excessive yet and posting within the club makes sense since he owns one and is spreading to owners.

If I wasn't an owner and he was creating multiple mod threads on the main forum I would def call him on it asking to take it to the club since that's his main audience.

Now go buy another pirates and rejoin. Save your time and money on Wonka for now. It's a mess if you ask me .

#10980 80 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I can understand that obsessive salesmanship can/could be obnoxious. But as stated above, new game owners, post rippling, high scores, mods, gameplay techniques, resell value, all this stuff constitutes/warrants discussion on here I'd figure.

I like his problem solving. These dudes in the trunk thread are pretty amazing too!

#10981 80 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I rather he not create separate threads for this bc that would feel more spam like to me. It hasn't been excessive yet and posting within the club makes sense since he owns one and is spreading to owners.
If I wasn't an owner and he was creating multiple mod threads on the main forum I would def call him on it asking to take it to the club since that's his main audience.
Now go buy another pirates and rejoin. Save your time and money on Wonka for now. It's a mess if you ask me .

Makes sense. Ignore my ramblings Harry.

#10982 79 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

I can understand that obsessive salesmanship can/could be obnoxious. But as stated above, new game owners, post rippling, high scores, mods, gameplay techniques, resell value, all this stuff constitutes/warrants discussion on here I'd figure.
I like his problem solving. These dudes in the trunk thread are pretty amazing too!

Yep good points. I deleted my post.

#10983 79 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Onya Honda! There’s a lot of people on pinside that would not back down.

#10984 79 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I’m thinking of getting this and making some coils to put around the place, drape off the sides of things like the maelstrom switch etc.

ebay.com link
2DF948D0-1848-4C7D-AD7C-0B35A1351AC7 (resized).png

#10985 79 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just because you feel one way, and others a different way, doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong.

I guess I wonder a year from now, will this thread still be chugging?

#10986 79 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’m thinking of getting this and making some coils to put around the place, drape of the sides of things like the maelstrom switch etc.
ebay.com link[quoted image]

YES! I've been looking for that! I didn't know what to search. Thanks!

#10987 79 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

I only just saw this new mod now, and had no clue there was a mod thread section.
I think if he was incessantly spamming about a particular mod with no benefit and just a sales pitch, that'd be an issue, but most people announce mods in these main threads. It's just....Harry is really, really late to the game. I do kinda feel the star map, and Pearl door are functional mods too, similar to Yelobird's map dampener, among other things by so many. No fluff, just additive to some of these people's great work!
This game thread keeps going strong, and as long as posts aren't thoroughly obnoxious, go for it!

I want to know how people are "early" to the game. I mean, Wonka mods were finalized before the game was even shipping. You can't produce detailed mods without measurements. So.... what gives?

Even if I bought a Wonka fresh off the line it would be like a month from now before I could even ship a mod.

Really not in the mod business, I just want these things and the only way I can really produce them is more than one at a time so might as well share. I don't think I'll sell any of about 1/2 the stuff I am making. My wife keeps asking if I am actually making money, lol.

#10988 79 days ago

I want to know how people are "early" to the game. I mean, Wonka mods were finalized before the game was even shipping. You can't produce detailed mods without measurements. So.... what gives?
Even if I bought a Wonka fresh off the line it would be like a month from now before I could even ship a mod.
Really not in the mod business, I just want these things and the only way I can really produce them is more than one at a time so might as well share. I don't think I'll sell any of about 1/2 the stuff I am making. My wife keeps asking if I am actually making money, lol.

I also think you need to play it for a while and have it sitting in its place for a bit. Then you think “you know what would be cool.....”

What we have here is community driven mods. Pretty cool.

#10989 79 days ago

We don’t sell mods until we’ve got a game too. This preselling before a game comes out I think isn’t good for the buyer. I know a mod I have coming out in collaboration with another pinsider for wonka is going to make some people feel like they should have waited, unfortunately.

Typically, I have started a mod thread for a specific game and then people can post mods in. I think it’s better this way as it doesn’t clutter up the owners thread and it becomes easier to find mods for a specific game. Maybe start a mod thread for POTC and then we can all post our mods in it. People not interested can just drain the thread. Also, if you sell mods on pinside, you really should open a pinside shop so Robin can get some revenue for the service/exposure the site provides. He charges 5% I think, very fair IMO.

#10990 79 days ago

Here’s my next thought for the day. I f$&@ing hate trying. to get the lcd back in place. My game is in a corner and I only have 2 arms.

Anyway did this. You need 2 pieces of old plastic or window packers. Make them narrow about 1/2 inch. Drill holes in the bottom. Lift your latches and put the plastic hard up against with the hole down the bottom. These little beauties keep the latches up until I’m done. Makes putting the lcd back nice and easy.

I had to shave a little bit off them to get the glass back on.

273AF387-B22D-4E96-8C3D-8B36F9AB4299 (resized).jpeg29AC82E9-249B-431E-974F-1E64F593D2A7 (resized).jpegB40F6A45-E69F-4D44-8993-4BBB35AD73B4 (resized).jpegC07BBDD1-58FD-4001-99BA-3B1BB7E7D381 (resized).jpeg
#10991 79 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Here’s my next thought for the day. I f$&@ing hate trying. to get the lcd back in place. My game is in a corner and I only have 2 arms.
Anyway did this. You need 2 pieces of old plastic or window packers. Make them narrow about 1/2 inch. Drill holes in the bottom. Lift your latches and put the plastic hard up against with the hole down the bottom. These little beauties keep the latches up until I’m done. Makes putting the lcd back nice and easy.
I had to shave a little bit off them to get the glass back on.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Smart!

#10992 79 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Also, if you sell mods on pinside, you really should open a pinside shop so Robin can get some revenue for the service/exposure the site provides. He charges 5% I think, very fair IMO.

Yup, I started posting the same ones to pinside shop as I have on the store. I figure why not... it does cost extra but I am sure I use a decent amount of server resources so, along with my pinside subscription, I hope it keeps this all running smoothly and compensates them for their time.

#10993 79 days ago
Quoted from arcadem:

This is a shout out to Geert. Great job! A work of art, very well crafted, rapidly shipped, and easy to install. If you like how it looks and have the $$, get one while you can. I don't think you will regret it.[quoted image]

Looks good.

Would be really cool if the trigger activated the auto plunger.

#10994 79 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Looks good.

Oh you tease.

#10995 79 days ago

They're at shows before they release, so measurements, at the very least, could be taken there.

#10996 79 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

They're at shows before they release, so measurements, at the very least, could be taken there.

Who just lets you open up a machine at a show and take it apart? You certainly can't eyeball this stuff or even go off a picture. Even if the glass was off it would be hard to measure stuff for exact enough design. Not to mention test fitting. Doesn't make a ton of sense, but I have my theories.

#10997 79 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Also, if you sell mods on pinside, you really should open a pinside shop so Robin can get some revenue for the service/exposure the site provides. He charges 5% I think, very fair IMO.

I completely agree, but I wish Robin would spend some more time on the pinside stores functionality. It's very clunky and core functionality (like refunds, whole or partial, for example) is missing.

#10998 79 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Looks good.

But really, why is there no auto-plunge from the action button? I think it's on the request list. Once you choose a character you should be able to auto-plunge. I don't know if I am missing something but I never go for any shot but the inner loop/map hole.

#10999 79 days ago

Who just lets you open up a machine at a show and take it apart? You certainly can't eyeball this stuff or even go off a picture. Even if the glass was off it would be hard to measure stuff for exact enough design. Not to mention test fitting. Doesn't make a ton of sense, but I have my theories.

Depends on who you know. It can happen. You're not going to be able to take off assemblies, but basic stuff should be possible.

#11000 79 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I completely agree, but I wish Robin would spend some more time on the pinside stores functionality. It's very clunky and core functionality (like refunds, whole or partial, for example) is missing.

I was still pretty amazed at how full featured it was. But yeah, I cancelled an order for someone who placed two and I manually refunded the paypal payment and am still out the pinside fees. Waiting for a PM response from Robin hopefully.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 189.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 12219 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside