Quoted from Asael:
- I don't know if it is normal and intended, but there is extreme flickering of the topper. If that is normal I think I will take the topper off again.
I just got my LE last week, and am noticing the same thing with the topper... crazy flickering (and actually I think it might be dead now). Wondering if a wire got pinched, I plan to check it out later.
My first impressions are similar -- WOW! I don't think it's just psychological with the price tag... this is really a fantastic and fun game.
I am holding out hope that more cinematics find their way into the game over the lifespan of code updates, but I know I'm dreaming when hoping that some official licensed assets will be released. It's a shame that some of the most iconic movie music in history didn't make it in, musta been prohibitively expensive. Just reminds me that our pinball hobby isn't really mainstream again yet. That said, it's staggering how good the music is, and how it feels "Piratey" without being officially licensed.
Because there's so much going on in the game and everything seems to be stackable, new players are having a hard time getting drawn into chapters. It seems like every shot is lit all the time, making it tough to see just what shots you're going for during a mode without looking up to see what characters are still left to collect. Once players notice the mode shots are actually the small targets, not the huge red pieces of eight targets, things start to come into focus.
Here's my unboxing/first week's experience:
- As mentioned, the topper lighting is flickery/flaky
- A couple of weird QC issues: 1.) the grounding strap was blocking a leg bolt plate hole, I had to get in there and wiggle it over. There was enough play that it wasn't a big deal once I figured out what it was. 2.) the coin door was damaged. I don't think this could have been done in shipping as there are huge foam blocks protecting the shooter rod. I've reached out to my distributor on this one.
grounding strap (resized).png
Coin door (resized).png
- The tests report I have a few switches stuck, none of which appear to be affecting gameplay and all in awkward to reach spots. I'm putting off adjusting them.
- The ball gets stuck on edge of the black pearl between the flippers. I have to raise the right flipper and as the ship rocks, bat it down with the backside of the flipper. Not sure if there's an adjustment for that.
- I find it hard to lock a ball in the chest. I've adjusted the flipper power up (to default, it was under default as shipped) but still tricky. Maybe just need to practice to hit it in the sweet spot.
- I'll be looking into a lighting mod for under the apron by the flippers as it's rather dark there... but only if it nicely integrates with the rest of the GI
- It seems to take awhile to "wind down" a ball... it seems it's registered in the trough, but it's like animations need to finish or something before the bonus starts counting up. I'd love to be able to skip ahead to the next ball.
I'm enjoying things more each game I put in. Beautiful work, JJP team!
truck (resized).pngLift (resized).png
unboxed (resized).pngHappy! (resized).pngPlaying! (resized).png