(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,953 posts
  • 476 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Munsters
  • Topic is favorited by 221 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0086 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0077 (002) (resized).jpg
678A8AC9-EEFD-414A-8CF4-2A19FF9FB727 (resized).jpeg
127996A1-64F7-4385-BDA3-AC6B165DBA5F (resized).jpeg
42E58E05-D832-427D-9962-7BA05CDAAAA7 (resized).jpeg
229BD32B-9F41-4BE1-BFC5-CD723A59520C (resized).jpeg
98407DFF-5970-457D-8285-8D2EE942AD28 (resized).jpeg
3972995E-AE77-4A6F-BB41-463E01C2DC29 (resized).jpeg
469B3A96-B426-4162-BA85-78056D5D8A28 (resized).jpeg
1FD43333-D654-432F-AD2A-1784E352FE3B (resized).jpeg
034B0BD6-4A3B-40B8-8A68-6D475A859FD1 (resized).jpeg
20191015_163622 (resized).jpg
20191015_163716 (resized).jpg
20191015_163605 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12953 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 260.
#1051 11 months ago
Quoted from attack7:

If it's the same thing that caused this on my Dialed In, the connector from the headphone jack to the CPU board is upside down. Disconnect, rotate 180 degrees, enjoy stereo sound
Congrats on the new game!

For my Dialed In, I flipped the connector at the front headphone assembly to fix it. Easier than going into the backbox.

#1052 11 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

For my Dialed In, I flipped the connector at the front headphone assembly to fix it. Easier than going into the backbox.

You are wiser than I am

#1053 11 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Picked it up yesterday!
I will share my findings on out of box adjustments and issues in a new post but they are mostly what others have already experienced and shared themselves. Very pleased that I have been following this closely as I immediately had a shortlist of things to look for even before putting the legs on. (See ground braid threading issue
Even with my climber, this is one heavy pin but I can already tell that it's worth it's weight in gold Arr!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First off Congrats!! I have to say the picture of your eclectic collection made me smile. POTC LE Game of the Decade masterpiece or code and art next to a $50 "The Fonze" !! Lol I bought the same for my grandson but hide it when players come over so I'm not harassed. Enjoy that game and let us know if you need any help. Advise, it's not as Easy as the JJP team showed in the video! My high score to date is still sadly just under 2m.

#1054 11 months ago
Quoted from attack7:

If it's the same thing that caused this on my Dialed In, the connector from the headphone jack to the CPU board is upside down. Disconnect, rotate 180 degrees, enjoy stereo sound
Congrats on the new game!

Big Thanks!!! That was the Solution.

The only problem left now is the Button on the lockbar. And I can‘t adjust it, cause the plastic Button is crap and always gets stuck. Has someone found a good replacement?

#1055 11 months ago

Mine is still doing it to. There is not much adjustment and seems loose. It does not have a pal nut on it, so i think it is coming loose from game play. It is like it needs a stronger spring. Is there a way to disassemble the button itself?

#1056 11 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

The only problem left now is the Button on the lockbar. And I can‘t adjust it, cause the plastic Button is crap and always gets stuck. Has someone found a good replacement?

Same issue, removed it and put a small drop of oil ( for sewing machine) on opposite side from the top of button. Made sure nothing came all the way through, worked it around in there and has been good since...

#1057 11 months ago

Do you think air tool oil would work? I don't have any sewing machine oil.

#1058 11 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

I had the same issue. My distributor recommended pulling the button and running under very hot water. I also bent the switch closer to the coin door a bit as the post from the button was hitting the edge. With both of these, the button is finally smooth. But I had to do both fixes.

#1059 11 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

- I don't know if it is normal and intended, but there is extreme flickering of the topper. If that is normal I think I will take the topper off again.

I just got my LE last week, and am noticing the same thing with the topper... crazy flickering (and actually I think it might be dead now). Wondering if a wire got pinched, I plan to check it out later.

My first impressions are similar -- WOW! I don't think it's just psychological with the price tag... this is really a fantastic and fun game.

I am holding out hope that more cinematics find their way into the game over the lifespan of code updates, but I know I'm dreaming when hoping that some official licensed assets will be released. It's a shame that some of the most iconic movie music in history didn't make it in, musta been prohibitively expensive. Just reminds me that our pinball hobby isn't really mainstream again yet. That said, it's staggering how good the music is, and how it feels "Piratey" without being officially licensed.

Because there's so much going on in the game and everything seems to be stackable, new players are having a hard time getting drawn into chapters. It seems like every shot is lit all the time, making it tough to see just what shots you're going for during a mode without looking up to see what characters are still left to collect. Once players notice the mode shots are actually the small targets, not the huge red pieces of eight targets, things start to come into focus.

Here's my unboxing/first week's experience:

- As mentioned, the topper lighting is flickery/flaky

- A couple of weird QC issues: 1.) the grounding strap was blocking a leg bolt plate hole, I had to get in there and wiggle it over. There was enough play that it wasn't a big deal once I figured out what it was. 2.) the coin door was damaged. I don't think this could have been done in shipping as there are huge foam blocks protecting the shooter rod. I've reached out to my distributor on this one.
grounding strap (resized).png
Coin door (resized).png

- The tests report I have a few switches stuck, none of which appear to be affecting gameplay and all in awkward to reach spots. I'm putting off adjusting them.

- The ball gets stuck on edge of the black pearl between the flippers. I have to raise the right flipper and as the ship rocks, bat it down with the backside of the flipper. Not sure if there's an adjustment for that.
pasted_image (resized).png

- I find it hard to lock a ball in the chest. I've adjusted the flipper power up (to default, it was under default as shipped) but still tricky. Maybe just need to practice to hit it in the sweet spot.

- I'll be looking into a lighting mod for under the apron by the flippers as it's rather dark there... but only if it nicely integrates with the rest of the GI

- It seems to take awhile to "wind down" a ball... it seems it's registered in the trough, but it's like animations need to finish or something before the bonus starts counting up. I'd love to be able to skip ahead to the next ball.

I'm enjoying things more each game I put in. Beautiful work, JJP team!

truck (resized).pngLift (resized).png
unboxed (resized).pngHappy! (resized).pngPlaying! (resized).png

#1060 11 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Do you think air tool oil would work? I don't have any sewing machine oil.

That would work fine in my opinion....

#1061 11 months ago
Quoted from Mikey1983:

Hello I have a probleem on my black pearl
Hoe do I remove HIM from THE playfield?

Turn the game off. Remove the wireform to the plastic ramp leading up to the black pearl. Remove two screws in front holding ramp down and remove the screw holding metal ramp bracket to the hex post below the spotlight. You can leave ramp plugged in and move out of the way.

The black pearl has enough slack in wiring, you can lift it and hold sideways to work on it. If you want to completely remove it, then unplug the connectors below the playfield.

Remove the clip holding the metal arm that hooks the motor to the black playfield nd lowr the metal arm, behind the back wall of the playfield. Right in front of the wall between it and the black pearl is an allen head long screw. Remove it. Slide black pearl back, then lift up once you cleared the two bearing points.

LTG : )

#1062 11 months ago

Finally had an amazing game 1,276000 and two things that I couldn’t figure out.

During arghhh frenzy, what is the best strategy. Seemed like everything triggers an arghhh but didn’t quite grasp if it was time based or a shot needing to be made?

Also, I noticed Gibbs will call out gold at certain times when the gold targets aren’t hit. He said gold when I hit the right loop, is this normal? I checked and there are no switch errors.

Very fun game, truly amazing!

#1063 11 months ago

As far as I know, Arrrr Frenzy is timed. Rip the spinners while you can!

Gold is lit when you collect characters from the chapter shots, that's probably what's causing Gibbs to call out "GOLD" even when you don't hit the GOLD targets.

#1064 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I checked and there are no switch errors.

Tests - Switch Edge - bang on playfield - any switches registering because of vibration ?

#1065 11 months ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

As far as I know, Arrrr Frenzy is timed. Rip the spinners while you can!
Gold is lit when you collect characters from the chapter shots, that's probably what's causing Gibbs to call out "GOLD" even when you don't hit the GOLD targets.

This is likely what’s going on.

There is so much going on that it’s easy to miss, lol!

#1066 11 months ago

We hit arrrrrgh frenzy last night with 3 multi balls going. It was insane, the light show was crazy cool, and the wife kept going arrrrgh!

#1067 11 months ago

So now that I received my replace led strip for the topper, can someone explain how the topper is suppose to be installed? My wozrr is simple and lights up great but this design is different. I guess my issue is, that even with the led strip in the groove it’s suppose to be in, once I tighten the topper to be back metal plate, it doesn’t sit right above the led strip or the groove, those bolts are so short that it holds it on the backside of the groove so the led strip isn’t shining through the bottom of the topper. The led just shines in front of it.

Second issue as appeared with my upper pf. Originally, I fixed the flipper binding issue with a zip tie as the retention brackets weren’t holding the coil tight enough vertically, only horizontally. The coil needed to be ziptied tightly to the coil bracket to work properly. Since then, no issues.

Now I have a second issue where my upper pf is no longer rocking. At first I saw that the bundle of wire under the pf has a zip tie that got in the way. So I turned that around and it started to work. I played a few games, and then it stopped again. There is no zip tie in the way, so I am at a loss for why it stopped rocking. I know that it is just the pin and rod connected to that motor. Any ideas?

#1068 11 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

my upper pf is no longer rocking.

Did you remove the styrofoam shipping block back there ? The long flat metal piece hooked to the motor and playfield has two screws, loosen them and adjust the arm so it isn't too tight and retighten the screws.

#1069 11 months ago

Looks like they are shipping with leg bolts in now to make sure.

Nice to see jjp ensuring the issues are resolved!

20181120_184018 (resized).jpg
#1070 11 months ago

What’s the best adjustment for the action button, mine started acting up today. About 125 plays into the game.

#1071 11 months ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Same issue, removed it and put a small drop of oil ( for sewing machine) on opposite side from the top of button. Made sure nothing came all the way through, worked it around in there and has been good since...

A drop of air tool oil I would think would work as well.
Would like to see a stiffer spring in the action button though. It seems weak, I have installed the lighted flipper mod from PBL bright mods and they are awesome.

image (resized).jpg
#1072 11 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

A drop of air tool oil I would think would work as well.
Would like to see a stiffer spring in the action button though. It seems weak, I have installed the lighted flipper mod from PBL bright mods and they are awesome. [quoted image]

As I would guess they buy that lock button I would assume there are no custom options for the spring. I am going to try and pull it apart and lightly stretch the spring and add oil. Will report back though a minor issue to overcome.

#1073 11 months ago

Oh, I thought we were discussing the gold button?
No with the lighted shooter housing comes a spacer that goes in the tip of rubber for shooter. Never have had a problem with any of them. The only issue and not related to potc is you have to pull the shooter back when lifting pf. But you usually have to do that with most pins anyway.

#1074 11 months ago

Has anyone had the action button led not work?

20181120_193301 (resized).jpg
#1075 11 months ago

I did notice my wires broke again on the pearl. Will have to fix tomorrow. And cut the zip tie allowing for more wire to have that flex. Other then that the game is amazing!

#1076 11 months ago

Take your lock bar off and take a pic of the switch and the bottom of action button.
Oh sorry led. I thought you meant switch. It has a wiring harness connection under the pf. It might have come undone from shipping.

#1077 11 months ago

Also just a quick note, it only works in game play.

#1078 11 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Also just a quick note, it only works in game play.

Ding.

Man I'm stupid lol

#1079 11 months ago

Time for another Macgyver (Pirate addition) how to "Get the GOLD" button adjustment! lol Yet a minor repair and my suggestion method is based on MY solution not an endorsement from JJP or even LTG the master! In pulling the button out you will quickly see and Hear that there is a clear rubbing (squeak) when you push the button. While a drop of oil would more then likely aid in helping the burr wear in over time I want to play NOW! lol My solution was to simply (carefully) install the screw end of the button into a hand drill. (as shown) Apply a Single drop of 3 in 1 oil to the edge of the button to aid in the wear in and keep it from heating up. Hold the button and run the drill at a decent throttle while pulling the button down in the compressed state. Only 15-20 seconds. Then reverse the drill and do the same in reverse. This process Expedites the smoothing and wear in process of the button bottom burr and the oil gets distributed evenly. Testing by hand now you will no longer hear the squeak (bind). Re-install and BAM we are getting the GOLD again!! Worked perfect for me and only took maybe 5 minutes tops to complete. Good luck ya scurvy dogs!!

IMG_1495 (resized).jpgIMG_1496 (resized).jpg
#1080 11 months ago

Ok cool! I just snapped this pic. The four wires are for your rgb lighted button and the two wire is for your switch.

image (resized).jpg
#1081 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Time for another Macgyver (Pirate addition) how to "Get the GOLD" button adjustment! lol Yet a minor repair and my suggestion method is based on MY solution not an endorsement from JJP or even LTG the master! In pulling the button out you will quickly see and Hear that there is a clear rubbing (squeak) when you push the button. While a drop of oil would more then likely aid in helping the burr wear in over time I want to play NOW! lol My solution was to simply (carefully) install the screw end of the button into a hand drill. (as shown) Apply a Single drop of 3 in 1 oil to the edge of the button to aid in the wear in and keep it from heating up. Hold the button and run the drill at a decent throttle while pulling the button down in the compressed state. Only 15-20 seconds. Then reverse the drill and do the same in reverse. This process Expedites the smoothing and wear in process of the button bottom burr and the oil gets distributed evenly. Testing by hand now you will no longer hear the squeak (bind). Re-install and BAM we are getting the GOLD again!! Worked perfect for me and only took maybe 5 minutes tops to complete. Good luck ya scurvy dogs!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

No shit, That is some macguyver stuff for real!

What would we all do without you. Lol!

#1082 11 months ago

Naw, how you think I found out

#1083 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No shit, That is some macguyver stuff for real!
What would we all do without you. Lol!

You would be Playing Pinball! lol Minor tweaks but honestly these are 100 year old pirate ships they are going to need little bits of fine tuning. Now I need someone to tell me how to become a better Player!

#1084 11 months ago

I'm having some weird issues but I dont know if it's a design thing I never noticed?

After locking a ball, the fork diverter on mine stays up even if you dont qualify it a second time, is that the same for you guys?

Also has anyone else had any issues with the game not launching balls in multi ball? Opto maybe?

#1085 11 months ago

Does anyone know if there are any other adjustments on the door to the cannon on the Black Pearl? I set the power all the way up in the one setting I found and it still won’t stay open. Any physical adjustment? Did I miss a setting?

Also is there any way to test this in the menu? I see the option to flip it open but I want to test it staying open.

Other oddball thing is every know and then after a multi ball I go into ball search and there will be a ball that eventually comes out of the subway. No big deal, just not sure what it is getting hung up on down there.

#1086 11 months ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

I'm having some weird issues but I dont know if it's a design thing I never noticed?
After locking a ball, the fork diverter on mine stays up even if you dont qualify it a second time, is that the same for you guys?
Also has anyone else had any issues with the game not launching balls in multi ball? Opto maybe?

Hmm...have not noticed these issues in mine.

#1087 11 months ago

Just got my LE setup tonight and have two questions.

Anyone have issues with the chest not releasing balls and the game trying to locate balls?

Also, are the two left LEDs on the black pearl supposed to be less lit than the two right ones?

Thanks

#1088 11 months ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Just got my LE setup tonight and have two questions.
Anyone have issues with the chest not releasing balls and the game trying to locate balls?
Also, are the two left LEDs on the black pearl supposed to be less lit than the two right ones?
Thanks

Mines doing a ball search sometimes and not launching in multi. Assume it's an opto but not positive.

Look a page or two back for lantern fix

#1089 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image]

You went the extra mile on that one, thanks for posting pics for all to see.

#1090 11 months ago

See post 1021 in this thread.

Check that the relay/arm is on tight, and when you pull in the relay the arm lifts freely. In settings you can play with the time on the release, less or more.

#1091 11 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Other oddball thing is every know and then after a multi ball I go into ball search and there will be a ball that eventually comes out of the subway. No big deal, just not sure what it is getting hung up on down there.

I have this exact issue. The ball search kicks a ball out of the far left scoop.

#1092 11 months ago

Played quite a lot yesterday and it seemed like the flippers either became a bit weak during multiball. Haven't checked EOS but it doesn't appear that the flippers fall back when struck by a ball. The flippers do seem to be angled slightly lower toward the center drain than perfectly in-line with the metal ball guide.

Just looking for feedback as I can't really tell if this is just perceived behaviour, it's odd.

#1093 11 months ago

Had yesterday a great Game.

This Pin is so much fun to play.

Had 3 Wizard Modes started but did not finished them.

Extra Balls set at 200k,400k and 800k

Thx to the whole Team at JJP for this wonderful Pin.

IMG_20181120_210901022 (resized).jpg
#1094 11 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I have this exact issue. The ball search kicks a ball out of the far left scoop.

Had the same and a closer look to the scoop.as you can the the Metal Stands in Front of the ramp. I fixed it with a post, and have no single ball search..

095F3896-4C40-401E-9F88-923230F1D724 (resized).jpegC1CF68CC-1FD1-4E1C-A937-0D740F7B8A08 (resized).jpeg
#1095 11 months ago

I like at the end of the game when the characters spin around for match instead of numbers , would it be good if in settings you could make it stop on the character you want using the action button. Then you would have another game in a game .

#1096 11 months ago

Whelp, looks like I know why my forks are not retracting. Any ideas before I reach out to jjp? Its stuck up with no movement, cant even move by hand.

20181121_074852 (resized).jpg
#1097 11 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Had the same and a closer look to the scoop.as you can the the Metal Stands in Front of the ramp. I fixed it with a post, and have no single ball search..[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for that. Will try that out today.

#1098 11 months ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Whelp, looks like I know why my forks are not retracting. Any ideas before I reach out to jjp? Its stuck up with no movement, cant even move by hand. [quoted image]

does it fall back down when you power off the game? if yes, then you have a blown transistor for the fork mech causing it to always be engaged.

If it doesn't fall back down, then you have a mechanical issue with something binding inside of the mech not allowing it to disengage.

#1099 11 months ago

Just put a deposit on a LE yesterday. So excited to add this to our collection!

#1100 11 months ago

I’ve had two moderate fork issues keeping it from retracting, some minor ones, too:

1) The actuator, a small white cylindrical plastic piece that hits the up position switch but also keeps the fork mech on its track, fell off, so it wouldn’t depress the switch when it was in the up position. Easy fix, but the actuator screw couldn’t get a good grip in the threads of the fork mech and I had to replace the whole thing. If it happens again I’ll modify it myself.

2) The fork release coil (technically a relay) was getting jammed with the magnet too far away from the plate it attracts. This also happened with the chest lock in my game above the pf. I had to bend the tab that allows for play in the relay to reduce the gap.

Smaller problems in the proto I had before this model had me bending the up position switch a few times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
There are 12953 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 260.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside