(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 378.
#1001 5 years ago

loving this game so far. such a deep experience and i feel like i've barely scratched the surface.

i've also noticed 'unfair' drains from the chapter select post drop and the tortuga mystery kickout that seem to get worse the longer the game is played. takes some serious nudging to avoid them sometimes. just wish it was consistent.

#1002 5 years ago

Didn't notice the ship squeaking until I was in test mode with no sound. So I added white grease on the lower, thick plastic washer that was up against the motor plate. Just an fyi..

Ship motor (resized).pngShip motor (resized).png
#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

loving this game so far. such a deep experience and i feel like i've barely scratched the surface.
i've also noticed 'unfair' drains from the chapter select post drop and the tortuga mystery kickout that seem to get worse the longer the game is played. takes some serious nudging to avoid them sometimes. just wish it was consistent.

Yes, it varies depending on how it rests on the white post, left or right side, once it is ready to release I'm nudging most every time, more when it's on the left side.

#1004 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Yes, it varies depending on how it rests on the white post, left or right side, once it is ready to release I'm nudging most every time, more when it's on the left side.

This must be a setting issue?? Long ago they fixed this with software where after the ball rests on the post before the post lowers it pulses the ball up several times so it doesn't just roll to outlane drain. Rather clever fix I must say. I have not had an issue with this.

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

I would love to see a code addition that adds a 1or 2 second ball save after the up-post releases for the mode shot to help avoid a cheap drain from starting modes. I havent really struggled with drains from this, but my friends who dont play as much as I do have had this happen on more than one occasion.

#1006 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dead men tell no tales! There be No stainless cannons on me pirate ship! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Pirate Cannon mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Black Pearl for battle! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine ship. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod Shipping NOW!!! Fire the cannons at those Scurvy dogs!! Available now from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks for your interest and support!!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

After receiving your last two mods for POTC (thank you!), my buddy and I were talking about this exact mod. Haha. We said it needed to be made and here it is! Can I give 1 point of criticism? The cannon is sticking out way way too far. IMO, if the cannon stopped where the metal stopped, that would be more realistic and long enough. You could cut back the wood cannon cover back a bit too. Anyways, I may wait to see if there is an update to that mod, it is definitely a must have mod, but I feel like some tweaking would make it even better.

#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

After receiving your last two mods for POTC (thank you!), my buddy and I were talking about this exact mod. Haha. We said it needed to be made and here it is! Can I give 1 point of criticism? The cannon is sticking out way way too far. IMO, if the cannon stopped where the metal stopped, that would be more realistic and long enough. You could cut back the wood cannon cover back a bit too. Anyways, I may wait to see if there is an update to that mod, it is definitely a must have mod, but I feel like some tweaking would make it even better.

I do appreciate the feedback. We did try a shorter version but it really didn't fit the scale of the ship or player view. It should be noted that all of the photos shown are at an extreme side angle to show the detail of the product. From the players position it barely sticks out and you can see the effect much clearer. Technically the stainless tray that sticks out goes clear under the ship so you could slide is back but I am fairly certain most will like the scale we used. Thanks for the feedback!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_1466 (resized).jpgIMG_1466 (resized).jpg
#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

. the thought that he is forced to spend the weekend with a bunch of skids !

I've always thought of my pins as female. Sometimes I walk past the hobbit and say "hello beautiful " I'm not sure saying "hello handsome " would work as well.

#1009 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This must be a setting issue?? Long ago they fixed this with software where after the ball rests on the post before the post lowers it pulses the ball up several times so it doesn't just roll to outlane drain. Rather clever fix I must say. I have not had an issue with this.

yea the pulse works about 90% of the time on the machine i've been playing. the SDTM drain only happens occasionally but its maddening when it does. as mentioned a simple 2 second ballsave would completely alleviate the issue.

the tortuga kickback issue is more prevalent in my experience. i'm not sure if its just a matter of the coil getting weak after getting played a bunch but once it starts happening its pretty much a 100% chance of a drain out of the kickback unless you nudge the machine right as the kickback is happening. i've seen a bunch of casual players just toss their hands up and call it 'cheap' after draining this way. seems like it could be fixed easily with another 2 second ball save or possibly toning down the kickback strength so the ball just falls to the right flipper.

#1010 5 years ago

yea the pulse works about 90% of the time on the machine i've been playing. the SDTM drain only happens occasionally but its maddening when it does. as mentioned a simple 2 second ballsave would completely alleviate the issue.
the tortuga kickback issue is more prevalent in my experience. i'm not sure if its just a matter of the coil getting weak after getting played a bunch but once it starts happening its pretty much a 100% chance of a drain out of the kickback unless you nudge the machine right as the kickback is happening. i've seen a bunch of casual players just toss their hands up and call it 'cheap' after draining this way. seems like it could be fixed easily with another 2 second ball save or possibly toning down the kickback strength so the ball just falls to the right flipper.

All of the coil settings are adjustable in the menus. Play around with the tortuga kickback and figure out what works best for your game.

#1011 5 years ago

On Karl's machine during the stream, it started kicking SDTM 100% of the time. He found a loose screw on it, tightened, no issues rest of the night.

#1012 5 years ago

read the rest of Hogbog post; there's a setting to change the speed of the post release so that may help.

Quoted from Hogbog:

Magnet should pulse before the post comes down to prevent that. Verify your magnet is working right, then see if adjusting the up post timing helps you out at all

#1013 5 years ago

I will check the kick out on totuga since mine is erratic on were it’s kicks out. I will be adjusting the post timer as well.
It would be awesome to have a 2 second ball save on that post even though the magnet kicks it around. Just to save the sdtm happenings.

#1014 5 years ago

I would love to see a code addition that adds a 1or 2 second ball save after the up-post releases for the mode shot to help avoid a cheap drain from starting modes. I havent really struggled with drains from this, but my friends who dont play as much as I do have had this happen on more than one occasion.

I've have never had this issue on the one at SS Billiards. I did play another JJP Pirates that wasn't set up as well where it happened a few times. What I did to get around it is the same thing you do on TWD if your prison magnet is dropping it right down the middle. Hitting both flippers will end the animation and pulse the magnet so it doesn't happen. As soon as your movie mode is chosen on the game, you can do it. Post drops and magnet pulses which sends the ball out a different angle instead of just letting it drop.

#1015 5 years ago

Ships in dry dock..I need a post for the left sling. I was getting a shorted switch machine gun firing.apon closer inspection the lower post was leaning. Causing the rubber To hit the switch.
It turned out that the post that was installed at the factory was a wood screw type and it needs a threaded type.i hope they could ship me the right one asap.i went on the support page and sent a message. It didn't say it was a ticket so I don't know if it's the right place to send it

20181118_111805 (resized).jpg20181118_111805 (resized).jpg
#1016 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

It didn't say it was a ticket so I don't know if it's the right place to send it

Give them a call during business hours on Monday.

LTG : )

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I consider myself as having a decent pinball collection. Addams Family Gold, Attack from Mars, Congo, Dial In LE, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Guardian of the Galaxy, Iron Maiden, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Ruby Red Wizard of Oz. I want the POTCLE so bad, something from my collection must go to get it.. I played my friends POTCLE and damn its so good.. What should i sell to get it.. Eric, you can chime in to help..

I find afm and mb to be a very similar layout and depth of rules. I would lean towards one of those two.

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Ships in dry dock..I need a post for the left sling. I was getting a shorted switch machine gun firing.apon closer inspection the lower post was leaning. Causing the rubber To hit the switch.
It turned out that the post that was installed at the factory was a wood screw type and it needs a threaded type.i hope they could ship me the right one asap.i went on the support page and sent a message. It didn't say it was a ticket so I don't know if it's the right place to send it
[quoted image]

Mine was doing that too but I gapped the leaf switches a bit more and it hasn’t done it since.

#1019 5 years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GZwSIY1-IOo

It looks like the pirate ship in this video has the same promblem as Psw757 and Vividpsychosis has with their left lamp in the front of the ship. Has JJP addressed this yet? No big deal but I was wondering if they fixed this issue yet.

Quoted from Psw757:

So this lamp second from left looks normal to you?
[quoted image]

I hope fix is an easy adjustment. I have 1 lamp that is not like the others.

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GZwSIY1-IOo
It looks like the pirate ship in this video has the same promblem as Psw757 and Vividpsychosis has with their left lamp in the front of the ship. Has JJP addressed this yet? No bid deal but I was wondering if they fixed this issue yet.

I spoke with distributor on Thursday and apparently he has a couple people with this issue. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten a response from JJP to address this issue yet and I find it very disappointing.

Yes it’s a minor issue and doesn’t have any impact on gameplay but when everybody who plays the game comments about it looking burned out it just bothers the shit out of me. Hey man...looks like you got a bulb out right there. I expect just a little more from JJP when we as customers are buying these expensive machines. I’m a first time buyer and likely last time unless they address this.

Rant over, love the game other wise!

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I spoke with distributor on Thursday and apparently he has a couple people with this issue. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten a response from JJP to address this issue yet and I find it very disappointing.
Yes it’s a minor issue and doesn’t have any impact on gameplay but when everybody who plays the game comments about it looking burned out it just bothers the shit out of me. Hey man...looks like you got a bulb out right there. I expect just a little more from JJP when we as customers are buying these expensive machines. I’m a first time buyer and likely last time unless they address this.
Rant over, love the game other wise!

Ok as this lamp is really effecting peoples opinions and apparently visiting friendships I thought I would take a look and see if I could contribute. Yes my lamp as others is slightly dimmer though it didn't really bother me. Wrote it off as pirates didn't have OSHA lighting inspections back then nor were all oil lamps the same. So while some may be upset to fix this I simply wanted to show how simple it really is if it bothers you. You only need a nut driver to remove the (2) nuts on the top of the left ship plastic which the lamps are attached to and a hot glue gun. No removing anything else! Lift off threaded studs to show back side of lamps. As you can see they are simple LED bulbs hot glued to the back of the molded ship. I simply used a screw driver and the old hot glue pulled right off. Here you will see the minor issue. In assembly the bulb was not fully installed into the base of the lamp prior to glue assembly. Pick out all the old glue and IF you need (which I did but NOT telling you what to do!!) I carefully used a 3/16" drill (same diameter as LED bulb) to Slowly and Carefully remove the old glue in the hole. Do hold the lamp and plastic and ream Slowly!!! You are just removing the old glue. Re-install the bulb and Hot glue the bulb into position as well as the wire harness as removed. All in all this took me 10 minutes With taking pictures and I never even turned the game off. No OSHA at my house. Yes I could bitch about it and do hope JJP can make changes for future owners on the line but for .05 cents of hot glue and a few minutes of my time I am back to enjoying the BEST game ever Made! Hope this helps some hate to see anger over minor details....

Disclaimer: I do not work for nor represent JJP so they are not liable for my suggestions or advice. Lol

The Mod Couple

IMG_1490 (resized).jpgIMG_1490 (resized).jpgIMG_1488 (resized).jpgIMG_1488 (resized).jpgIMG_1485 (resized).jpgIMG_1485 (resized).jpgIMG_1483 (resized).jpgIMG_1483 (resized).jpgIMG_1480 (resized).jpgIMG_1480 (resized).jpgIMG_1478 (resized).jpgIMG_1478 (resized).jpgIMG_1491 (resized).jpgIMG_1491 (resized).jpg

#1022 5 years ago

Sorry pictures are out of order but my guess is everyone will figure it out. If not, do not attempt to repair lol.

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry pictures are out of order but my guess is everyone will figure it out. If not, do not attempt to repair lol.

Thanks for digging into that. I’ll be getting on this ASAP!

My gripe wasn’t to knock the game because it is absolutely fantastic but I can’t understand why after almost 4 weeks of a service ticket being opened, a discussion with JJP directly over phone and a distributor going to bat for a few of his customers who are experiencing this issue...zero response.

It sure is a good thing we have this community to help each other out!

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for digging into that. I’ll be getting on this ASAP!
My gripe wasn’t to knock the game because it is absolutely fantastic but I can’t understand why after almost 4 weeks of a service ticket being opened, a discussion with JJP directly over phone and a distributor going to bat for a few of his customers who are experiencing this issue...zero response.
It sure is a good thing we have this community to help each other out!

No worries. What I have learned having worked for an OEM for many years in management is no matter how simple the answer is it must be evaluated, documented, tested, assess liabilities, and implemented before telling individuals what to do for liability. lol Basically lots of red tape but JJP has a lot riding on this title and Many anxious customers. They have never let me down and as a back up you can alway call Lloyd. Let me know if you have issues and just take your time. Really not an adventurous repair consider it "getting to know your awesome machine" a bit better....

#1025 5 years ago

sweet, thanks I'll get on that as well I didn't know how to access the bulbs. thanks for sharing that.. a little more training at the light install station.. : )

P.S. Mod couple.. you need to get working overtime on the mod's all the Pirate mods are out of stock... : )
great mod's!

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

sweet, thanks I'll get on that as well I didn't know how to access the bulbs. thanks for sharing that.. a little more training at the light install station.. : )
P.S. Mod couple.. you need to get working overtime on the mod's all the Pirate mods are out of stock... : )
great mod's!

Always here to try and help or contribute. ALL mods are In stock and shipping next day for all games from our website store especially POTC Awesomeness which has keep us busy but happy to be a part of these amazing games.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Always here to try and help or contribute. ALL mods are In stock and shipping next day for all games from our website store especially POTC Awesomeness which has keep us busy but happy to be a part of these amazing games.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Cool I new if I shook the pinside tree an answer would fall. Thanks now I know how to fix my game if need be once it arrives .

#1028 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this But during multiball, if you sink ship, get an extra ball, free game etc.... basically anything with animation and sound the animation or video content starts to play but is interrupted with the jackpot scoring displays and gets a bit jumpy.

Played a game today and had stranger tides multiball going and managed to sink a ship. The video started went away then came back for a millisecond and went away with none of your typical ship getting blown apart sound.

Normal or bug?

#1029 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the bottom price for the LE is shipped?

#1030 5 years ago

Thanks Mod Couple, just tweaked my weak light. Better. Enough so that I wouldn’t have noticed. A bit of a scary tweak as the hole isn’t straight which is why it was having so many problems out there. You are drilling at an angle to try to hit the light just right. The sculpt doesn’t really help the wiring and bulb placement out any.

Still not sure why that side piece stops so short along the hull.

Added in the gold coin shooter rod that I modified a bit. The coin was just too bright for the game so added in some black too.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1031 5 years ago

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can anyone tell me what the bottom price for the LE is shipped?

should be around 9750 or so.

9500 on the game
about 250 on the shipping to CA to the closest terminal.

#1033 5 years ago

I found out the other day that you can stack the wizard modes with Tortuga MB. I'm surprised I had never done that before by accident. Potential for some big points playing the wizard modes with a multiball.

#1034 5 years ago

I bought a JJP at this past weeks IAAPA Show. The game simply put might be the most amazing, best themed, programed pinball game ever. The game is stunning... I happen to be a fan of POTC however I know not everyone is. The negatives are that it doesn't show clips from the movie like Hobbit and WOZ. Other than that the graphics on the screen might be the best ever done for pinball or should i say in pinball history.

I'm doubting this game will be a huge seller for the fact that the theme is tired as Disney has already announced they might re-boot. But forget the theme if you want the single most sophisticated, detailed pinball game in history this is it. The game is every bit as collectable as WOZ and on top of that the game is better tons better, more fun and just overall a better pinball game.

If you're a JJ fan you won't be disappointed.

When you're asking for a premium price people better be in love with the theme so we'll see how the game does. I think the theme is incredible as I'm a huge fan of POTC. After talking to Jack at the IAAPA Show I think its safe to say the next two games coming out very soon will be much more up the WOZ alley and probably more desireable themes. With all that being said I doubt JJ can top this Pirates game... its just that good!

To me the Pirates movies will be timeless, and this pinball game would have been helped by hearing good ole Jack talking but even without that this has to be the single overall best designed pinball game ever.

As always JJ kills it! So in short I wouldn't listen to all the negatives, and rather focus on the positives. I was at IAAPA I saw Beatles, Monster Bash and Pirates the three newest games. All three are amazing... Beatles is a simple game, with amazing grahics the game is just fun might be Sterns greatest attention to detail game. Monster Bash is just a total HOME RUN tons better than the original. I bought a Monster Bash LE I couldn't resisit. I was very tempted to buy Beatles... I wanted to walk away with it its really that cool. With all that being said nothing compares to this Pirates game. Nothing I've ever seen... you can argue shots, movie clips, or the price, but no matter this is the single most thoughtout game ever made.

Just my humble review.

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I found out the other day that you can stack the wizard modes with Tortuga MB. I'm surprised I had never done that before by accident. Potential for some big points playing the wizard modes with a multiball.

Ha! Gold star for you, John, you found a bug. I've never done it by accident either. However, it's fixed in the next release so it won't happen anymore. Wizard modes on POTC are intended to be intense, single-ball experiences.

#1036 5 years ago

My daughter came home from college this weekend for her Thanksgiving Break and got to see the new JJ POTC for the first time. We have had at least one pinball machine in our house for the last ten years so she has experienced a number of games as my collection grew and changed. Typically, when a new game arrives she plays it once and never touches it again. That changed with JJ POTC. For the first time EVER, she has repeatedly gone back to the machine on her own to play.

So what is different about JJ POTC. First, unlike others on this site, she loves the theme, having grown up watching the early films on DVD and going to the theater to see the latest. Elizabeth Swan has always been one of her favorite characters but she appreciated that characters from the latest films were also part of the game.

Second, she finds the machine to be beautiful. (It deserves to be in the SDTM’s top ten world under glass.)

Third, everything anyone has ever written about how well this game shoots is true. Fun and fast, you can enjoy the game without having any idea as to what to do other than following the compass or shooting the ramp to the ship. She had fun with it the very first time she played.

Fourth, she is intrigued with the rule set and has quickly grasped the basics while playing the game and continues to go deeper into them as she advances her play. (Apparently, this rule set is not too challenging for the casual player.)

Finally, as she continued to play, guess what – all those inserts are important because, as advertised, no game is the same and there is always a different path, as highlighted by the inserts, that needs to be followed.

What I have enjoyed most is not just her interest in the machine, but the enjoyment in playing it with her as we discover new aspects of the game while plundering gold from each other. Looks like this one is a keeper at our house.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Ha! Gold star for you, John, you found a bug. I've never done it by accident either. However, it's fixed in the next release so it won't happen anymore. Wizard modes on POTC are intended to be intense, single-ball experiences.

Shoot. I thought that may be the case. It seemed out of place to have Tortuga stack with them. Now I wish I would have done more with it when I got it.

The Wizard Modes are very difficult, I think I have only completed one of them a couple of times at most. Got close a few other times, but they certainly are intense single ball experiences that are very challenging.

#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The Wizard Modes are very difficult

I have yet to make it to one yet , The wife did get close last night though! She will probably beat me to it and then rub it in my face forever!

#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I have yet to make it to one yet , The wife did get close last night though! She will probably beat me to it and then rub it in my face forever!

Watching Lesmanley play is interesting. Its a quick overview of teh game with how fast he can progress and stack.

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The Wizard Modes are very difficult, I think I have only completed one of them a couple of times at most. Got close a few other times, but they certainly are intense single ball experiences that are very challenging.

cripes. not a single wizard mode has been reached on the machine i'm playing on location. granted its not getting a work out like it would if it was at the club but just getting to those modes seems so difficult unless you pick tia and just tunnel focus a color. and even that is a major accomplishment imo.

i'm a little miffed that there isn't a minor wizard mode from reaching all the multiballs but i suppose that isn't exactly the toughest thing for a good player.

on the upside, i've finally managed to figure out a perfect nudge/timing to completely make the tortuga kickout a non-issue. so that certainly helped my last series of games! had my best at ~1.3 billion. obviously still a LONG ways to go.

#1041 5 years ago

cripes. not a single wizard mode has been reached on the machine i'm playing on location. granted its not getting a work out like it would if it was at the club but just getting to those modes seems so difficult unless you pick tia and just tunnel focus a color. and even that is a major accomplishment imo.
i'm a little miffed that there isn't a minor wizard mode from reaching all the multiballs but i suppose that isn't exactly the toughest thing for a good player.
on the upside, i've finally managed to figure out a perfect nudge/timing to completely make the tortuga kickout a non-issue. so that certainly helped my last series of games! had my best at ~1.3 billion. obviously still a LONG ways to go.

If you want to focus on getting to one, probably the easiest way to get to a wizard mode is choose Tia Dalma so you can pick which active mode you want to do and then focus on the green chest modes. Shooting the chest happens a lot so normally that mode is almost always active, but it doesn't always get chosen since that part is random among all the active modes. With her, you can choose the green mode all the time which should help to get through all 5 green modes since you won't be randomly playing other movie modes that way. It does get a little crazy to try to choose your mode though when you are in a multiball. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil what that one is exactly, but it is pretty fun (think Johnny Mnemonic's power down wizard mode) and it is definitely difficult.

#1042 5 years ago

Did anyone have flying balls from the maelstrom to the playfield ? I think it needs a plastic above the ramp.

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did anyone have flying balls from the maelstrom to the playfield ? I think it needs a plastic above the ramp.

haven't seen this but I have had them from the other side flying off the left side of the black pearl! doesn't happen often maybe twice.

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Is there an option for longer ballsave on wizard modes?

Also, for anyone having an issue with Tortuga kick out. I simply moved my power on the coil down one. Comes to the right flipper every time now. No more worries about sdtm.

#1045 5 years ago

Short gameplay video, im just inlove with this pin

#1046 5 years ago

Today I got my game! And the first impressions are great. Fun Fun Fun! Even better than I thought it would be. I thought the missing videoclips or missing original music would bother me way more. But the layout, gameplay, rules, sound, lightning and Video animations are so well integrated into the pirate theme all I can they is WOW!!!

There are still a few flaws right out of the box I have to work out tomorrow, but I think nothing will be a big problem:
- The headphone jack has only sound on the left side. Checked the connections but nothing helped. I will contact my distributor for help tomorrow.
- I had to make the tortuga eject coil stronger as it was the ball went sdtm, now it lands very fast on the left flipper. I am not sure if it's right like it is now or if I have to adjust the scoop.
- Sometimes the black pearl is not rocking left to right like it should. If I turn the game off and on it starts to work again with way more motion. I have to look for bindings or to adjust it.
- The front button sometimes get stuck. I will try to lower the switch.
- I don't know if it is normal and intended, but there is extreme flickering of the topper. If that is normal I think I will take the topper off again.

#1047 5 years ago

Any distributors happen to have a LE that hasn't been spoken for? The ones I normally use have quoted me into February. Feel free to PM me!

#1048 5 years ago

Picked it up yesterday!

I will share my findings on out of box adjustments and issues in a new post but they are mostly what others have already experienced and shared themselves. Very pleased that I have been following this closely as I immediately had a shortlist of things to look for even before putting the legs on. (See ground braid threading issue

Even with my climber, this is one heavy pin but I can already tell that it's worth it's weight in gold Arr!

IMG_20181119_1434258 (resized).jpgIMG_20181119_1434258 (resized).jpgIMG_20181119_1852114 (resized).jpgIMG_20181119_1852114 (resized).jpgIMG_20181119_1903165 (resized).jpgIMG_20181119_1903165 (resized).jpgIMG_20181119_1903375 (resized).jpgIMG_20181119_1903375 (resized).jpgIMG_20181120_0107085 (resized).jpgIMG_20181120_0107085 (resized).jpg
#1049 5 years ago

Hello I have a probleem on my black pearl
Hoe do I remove HIM from THE playfield?

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

- The headphone jack has only sound on the left side. Checked the connections but nothing helped. I will contact my distributor for help tomorrow.

If it's the same thing that caused this on my Dialed In, the connector from the headphone jack to the CPU board is upside down. Disconnect, rotate 180 degrees, enjoy stereo sound

Congrats on the new game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/21?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.