(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,372 posts
  • 438 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by mountaingamer
  • Topic is favorited by 211 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,023 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MVIMG_20190717_191916 (resized).jpg
20190716_201421 (resized).jpg
524FB317-4D41-4120-953D-627B22995859 (resized).jpeg
51C984DE-C0B0-482B-875A-BE5DF462B1BE (resized).jpeg
FA3E4EE4-91AA-4FDB-B945-821737541939 (resized).jpeg
2A0D139A-8BEA-43FF-B49C-F5CA44973BAF (resized).jpeg
77B7660A-A2F8-4AB6-BCFD-C0EE823C9CF5 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
60E06893-EA3F-4408-935A-D482EFA4E1EE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
247095F1-4E8B-400A-AEB1-CA84C57B82EA (resized).jpeg
9856AA38-2D02-471D-B239-8878441C9245 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11372 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 228.
#10901 22 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Is it possible for photos and video of it pushed back with glass on. Just easier for me to visualise.

Sure. I'm gonna change out my purple spot lights so it looks like most other people's games too.

#10902 22 days ago

Besides Harry’s wave. I’ve been thinking of other mods to put on the maelstrom ramp switch. Nothing too big or it will block views of the chest or maelstrom.

Been searching for miniature

A) pirate ships
B) chests or small pile treasure
C) pirate skulls
D) seaweed or even rope and tackle sort of draping down

Problem is most stuff is made for aquariums and is huge.

Anyway. Ideas and solutions appreciated!

Edit: tempted to move Jack the monkey onto the black switch cover.

Double edit; the pirate ship should be a pirate wreck on a craggy bit of rock. Would make sense to show a wreck on the side of the maelstrom or what’s below.

#10903 22 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Besides Harry’s wave. I’ve been thinking of other mods to put on the maelstrom ramp switch. Nothing too big or it will block views of the chest or maelstrom.
Been searching for miniature
A) pirate ships
B) chests or small pile treasure
C) pirate skulls
D) seaweed or even rope and tackle sort of draping down
Problem is most stuff is made for aquariums and is huge.
Anyway. Ideas and solutions appreciated!

I was looking today at relocating the switch as another option so a smaller "wave" or whatever could used to dress up that side of the ramp. What I'd give to be a pinball tester and point out all of this stuff. Optos would have been WAY less obtrusive there and they are used so many other places. The switch also could have been mounted on the other side of the ramp or under it, just from a quick glance. I'm sure there are many reasons for what was done.

Take the clear plastic cover on the back of the trunk... why did it have to be clear? Just print another plastic that has some design to it at least. It's little eyesores like that which nag at me. Mod being worked on for that area too. Anyhow, I digress.

Seaweed or rope netting could be interesting. I think seaweed more since it sort of fits the area more. One of my concerns was sight lines... like an even better reason not to have a large black rubber box there. But without relocating it there isn't much to do besides make a really unobtrusive mod. The wave won't stick out that much, in fact it may be about the same since the rubber cover can be removed and it should make the ramp look much more finished. I was thinking some twinkling light inside a semi-translucent blue/white wave (matching the ramp stickers) would have a nice effect.

I bet there is some plastic aquarium seaweed that you could just hot glue on there (or on a really thin piece of plastic) and call it a day.

I wish I had a 3D scanner. Gotta get a template made and over to the 3D designer and printer so we can start test fitting.

#10904 22 days ago

Sort of looks like The Depth's rocks.. wonder if any of these kinds of things would fit with a little modification.

amazon.com link »

#10905 22 days ago

Just wanted to pop on and say. I have a CE POTC.

Ive probably had 10-15 Non pinball people over to the house. I have 11 machines. These people had played my other machines on previous nights. But every single person that stops by Agrees hands down POTC is "Kickass" "Awesome" "By far the best man" Just to list a few of the quotes ive had from some of my friends.

#10906 22 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Sort of looks like The Depth's rocks.. wonder if any of these kinds of things would fit with a little modification.
amazon.com link »

That thing is huge! May help se owners though

#10907 22 days ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Just wanted to pop on and say. I have a CE POTC.
Ive probably had 10-15 Non pinball people over to the house. I have 11 machines. These people had played my other machines on previous nights. But every single person that stops by Agrees hands down POTC is "Kickass" "Awesome" "By far the best man" Just to list a few of the quotes ive had from some of my friends.

It really is special. I stand by my comments of 6 months ago that this is the GOAT.

Make sure to review it on the Pinside Top 100!

#10908 22 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Is it possible for photos and video of it pushed back with glass on. Just easier for me to visualise.

Here is that update. Still not the best video but hopefully that helps: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-be-interested-in-replacement-star-map-plastic-for-jjpotc/page/2#post-5062875

#10909 22 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That thing is huge! May help se owners though

I'd still love to see some sort of formation around the Maelstrom. That is something all owners could use, and would improve the look substantially. I am in for one when someone comes out with something attractive.

#10910 22 days ago

When I had some non-pinhead friend over to play, they aimed towards WOZ (still an amazing pin). They had played it before and understood the rules. Before the night was halfway finished, they had all gravitated towards POTC. WOZ became a second thought.

My POTC will never leave my house .. it is now a permanent fixture. I'd bolt it to the floor if it wouldn't prevent nudging.

#10911 22 days ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I'd still love to see some sort of formation around the Maelstrom. That is something all owners could use, and would improve the look substantially. I am in for one when someone comes out with something attractive.

Working on a model. Trying to decide if we need to resin cast it or if it can be a 3D part and/or if we can move the switch.

#10912 22 days ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

When I had some non-pinhead friend over to play, they aimed towards WOZ (still an amazing pin). They had played it before and understood the rules. Before the night was halfway finished, they had all gravitated towards POTC. WOZ became a second thought.
My POTC will never leave my house .. it is now a permanent fixture. I'd bolt it to the floor if it wouldn't prevent nudging.

Somehow the "new" WOZ (probably 20 years newer than any other pin we'd owned), that was everyone's favorite/goto game, became the "game I hate" to my wife. Now when I have POTC apart there is definitely a bit of an "arrrrrrr!" attitude around here that only goes away once it's playable. Makes it hard to make stuff for it. I've been pissed off enough at PoTC lately so I've been getting pissed off at WOZ only for the time being. Both games make one's societal desire to be a proverbial "millionaire" more ingrained than ever.

#10913 22 days ago

Somehow the "new" WOZ (probably 20 years newer than any other pin we'd owned), that was everyone's favorite/goto game, became the "game I hate" to my wife. Now when I have POTC apart there is definitely a bit of an "arrrrrrr!" attitude around here that only goes away once it's playable. Makes it hard to make stuff for it. I've been pissed off enough at PoTC lately so I've been getting pissed off at WOZ only for the time being. Both games make one's societal desire to be a proverbial "millionaire" more ingrained than ever.

Sounds like you need a date night Harry. With the wife I mean, not your pins. Happy wife......

#10914 22 days ago

Working on a model

Me too... it’s getting there. Way better than aquarium stuff

#10916 22 days ago

If JJP ever releases more LEs, I may seriously consider selling the SE just to get the few extras. I love this game though. It’s insane

#10917 22 days ago

See, I do play sometimes. Best score for me ever 1,677,156. Got ~637 gold on one series of loop combos. The best feeling is a series of loop combos on ball launch then hit gold then hit map hole and get the skill shot. And I didn't even get Tortuga Multiball on my first ball with that gold and my score was like 50k. No extra ball either.
Grand Champ (resized).jpgChamp1 (resized).jpgChamp2 (resized).jpgChamp3 (resized).jpgChamp4 (resized).jpg

Oh PS... 3 ball game, posts in stock locations, default timers, etc. No wizard modes, maybe a few chapters completed.

#10918 21 days ago

Ok. I have 5 out of the 6 super jackpots. Most satisfying was DMC after all balls had drained except one. Great to get that last chance. I think all the supers are well thought out.

Looked up the rules cos I could not remember how to do OST.

WTF!

I think that super will take me a while.

How many of you have done it?

#10919 21 days ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I completely agree about the QC concerns at JJP. So much so that it had delayed my purchase of POTC. However, I did finally pull the trigger on an LE from Chris at KingPin Games. Here is what I decided to do to ensure my game has the best chance of arriving at my door in the best possible shape.
I am paying Chris extra to open my game and tweak it for me. He is going to install the Cliffy set, ModCouple disc silencer, new Titan rubber set and the Tilt side art blades. He will then playtest it and dial it in perfectly before shipping it out to me in a wooden crate. Chris follows this thread closely and is aware of what needs to be checked out, so I feel I am in very good hands.
I do realize that there are a number of things that can still happen in shipping from KingPin to me, but I'm ok with that. Most of the issues I'm seeing don't seem related to shipping anyway. I'm just trying to save myself as much frustration and downtime as possible.
I am not saying this is an acceptable solution. Not by a long-shot. But hopefully, JJP is paying attention and is trying to take steps to improve their quality control, so that in the future, their customers don't feel the need to pay 'extra' to help ensure a working product out of the box.

Just got the call!

My KingPin-tuned POTCLE is being delivered tomorrow. I will no longer have to live vicariously through all of you fine folks! I'm almost officially in the club

#10920 21 days ago

I call this the JJPOTC "long termer" kit. Who knows when they won't have this stuff available anymore. So I'm stocking a set of plastics, a set of decals (even though I made most of my own now) and a playfield (waiting on that situation). Lots of unneeded plastics sadly... the pop bumpers (and clear center pieces), etc. I wish there were some individual plastics available, especially the slings, a bit waste of materials and shipping. There are a few I don't even know where they go.

Backup Kit (resized).jpg
#10921 21 days ago

I call this the JJPOTC "long termer" kit. Who knows when they won't have this stuff available anymore. So I'm stocking a set of plastics, a set of decals (even though I made most of my own now) and a playfield (waiting on that situation). Lots of unneeded plastics sadly... the pop bumpers (and clear center pieces), etc. I wish there were some individual plastics available, especially the slings, a bit waste of materials and shipping. There are a few I don't even know where they go.[quoted image]

Did you already get the playfield?

What about ramps? Maybe just buy another HUO Le and put that in the garage with a sheet over it?

#10922 21 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Playfields are OOS. Waiting for restocking.

#10923 21 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

No, haven't ordered. So conflicted.

#10924 21 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Interesting. Does that mean that Mirco is making new ones? Are they different in wany way?

#10925 21 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Have you paid? Trying to get them to take my money.

#10926 21 days ago

harryhoudini funny I did the same thing I opened the decals and was thinking...”why in the world would one need 4 apron decals” but hey I’ll take it. My playfield is on its way ordered today, I seriously may send it directly to Ron Kruzman... other thought, let it sit for 4 months (hanging on my wall) and maybe it will fully harden / cure

#10927 21 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

harryhoudini funny I did the same thing I opened the decals and was thinking...”why in the world would one need 4 apron decals” but hey I’ll take it. My playfield is on its way ordered today, I seriously may send it directly to Ron Kruzman... other thought, let it sit for 4 months (hanging on my wall) and maybe it will fully harden / cure

LOL. I also have like 10 JJP keychains now, 10 CPR keychains (other plastics from them) and 5 pirates keychains... oh and like 10 other pinball people keychains (marco, bay area, etc) that came with one of my WOZ.

If I get a playfield I am just going to let it sit. If I ever want to install I'll clear it then. It's had enough time to sit by then and I'll have more data as to if additional clear does anything to help it.

Guess we'll see how Wonka playfields hold up.

#10928 21 days ago

Exactly my thought. I have to say I was at league night the other day and looked close at our new black knight... same thing around slings.

I was talking to cliff “Cliffy” the other day as I don’t live far. He is a pretty wise dude - was an engineer, well still is. He mentioned that mirco started using a clear accelerator a few years back (during woz production in the later models) and around that time is when - it would appear - we started seeing issues with clear coats.

#10929 21 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Have you paid? Trying to get them to take my money.

No, just did the claim and they put me on the list for when they come in.

Since they're re-ordering from mirco, I wish we could pay extra to have the ceramic finish instead of regular clear.

#10930 21 days ago

Arrived today. So.many awesome mods our friends are making for this game!

Is this how you guys have the barrel mounted?

20190626_174534 (resized).jpg20190626_174547 (resized).jpg
#10931 21 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Arrived today. So.many awesome mods our friends are making for this game!
Is this how you guys have the barrel mounted?[quoted image][quoted image]

how much were those?

#10932 21 days ago

That shooter is awsome I couldn't bring myself to spending that though. Looks great

#10933 21 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Any one of your want to sell one of those right side apron decals?

#10934 21 days ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

That shooter is awsome I couldn't bring myself to spending that though. Looks great

But you bought pirates!!!!! I don’t think any of us can say we’re savvy, savvy?

Come on! If you love it, just do it!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrr!

#10935 21 days ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Any one of your want to sell one of those right side apron decals?

Sure, PM sent.

#10936 21 days ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

That shooter is a work of art. I'm just not sure that I can handle people touching it

IMG_20190626_203958 (resized).jpg
#10937 21 days ago

Just solved the maelstrom switch issue for me.

1) cut 7mm from black cover. Sticks out way too much. Circuitry is now touching rubber but I don’t think will burn it out (I actually cut about 8mm May be too much)
2) scavenge a barrel and box from your mezel mods dauntless dress up.
4D114086-BC5A-4338-A575-465CAAC7AE62 (resized).jpeg
I’m really happy with it. Fits the theme and apt with minimal fuss and does not block any view. Goes ok with mod couples excellent dog.
Here’s another shot with glass and game on

CEFE070B-0CA2-4C6B-A0BE-B9CC7FFACAFB (resized).jpeg
#10938 21 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just solved the maelstrom switch issue for me.
1) cut 7mm from black cover. Sticks out way too much. Circuitry is now touching rubber but I don’t think will burn it out (I actually cut about 8mm May be too much)
2) scavenge a barrel and box from your mezel mods dauntless dress up.
[quoted image]
I’m really happy with it. Fits the theme and apt with minimal fuss and does not block any view. Goes ok with mod couples excellent dog.
Here’s another shot with glass and game on[quoted image]

Cool!

#10939 20 days ago

I actually think some flotsam and jetsam type thing, some Brocken decking underneath, a barrel or two and some model rope dangling down. For now this will do me. It’s a vast improvement.

#10940 20 days ago

Heh.. we have some products in the design stages. Some specific for this use and some more generic that can be used to PLUS UP this game to the next level. We're talking about hiding every connection point, screw, etc. Encasing all of the spotlights. Finishing all printed surfaces with actual pieces. Updated plastic designs for slings and larger parts. Custom spinning barrel toppers, custom The Depths rock work, BP load cannon door, cabinet decor. The list is long and we're just getting the first few shipped out.

#10941 20 days ago

Is there someone with an SE who will take some pics and test some stuff out for me? There could be some cool mods in it for you.

#10942 20 days ago

Is there someone with an SE who will take some pics and test some stuff out for me? There could be some cool mods in it for you.

PM sent.

#10943 20 days ago

I have an SE as we discussed last night. Anything you need let me know

#10944 20 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

What about ramps?

Shannon over at JJP priced out the ramps for me - expensive!

Maelstrom Ramp (fully populated) $254.99
Mini PF Access Ramp (fully populated) $505.12

Maelstrom (ramp/decal only) $121.90
Mini PF Access (ramp/decal only) $178.77

#10945 20 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Shannon over at JJP priced out the ramps for me - expensive!
Maelstrom Ramp (fully populated) $254.99
Mini PF Access Ramp (fully populated) $505.12
Maelstrom (ramp/decal only) $121.90
Mini PF Access (ramp/decal only) $178.77

I was thinking about getting those for spares ... I guess not for a while.

#10946 20 days ago

anyone notice how the flipper rubbers are getting dirty quickly. I only have about 10 plays on the game and noticed it. I might switch to silicone as they don't collect the dirt that much.

#10947 20 days ago
IMG-4186 (resized).JPGIMG-4187 (resized).JPG
#10948 20 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

anyone notice how the flipper rubbers are getting dirty quickly. I only have about 10 plays on the game and noticed it. I might switch to silicone as they don't collect the dirt that much.

Yes! I clean the game frequently. I did switch to Titan silicone bands for a while - they still got dirty but they wiped clean easier. However I am back to Suzo/Happ rubber at the moment to see if my gameplay improves. So far I still suck!

#10949 20 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes! I clean the game frequently. I did switch to Titan silicone bands for a while - they still got dirty but they wiped clean easier. However I am back to Suzo/Happ rubber at the moment to see if my gameplay improves. So far I still suck!

Good to know....just thought 10 plays was to early to see dirt.

#10950 20 days ago

Any have or can point me in the right direction for install instructions on cliffys for jjp potc? Cliff said out of the hundreds he has made no one has done an install instruction sheet yet.

Thanks in advance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
10,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Charlotte, VT
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
There are 11372 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 228.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside