(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 378.
#10851 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

How do mirror blades look?

Reflective.

LTG : )

#10852 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Reflective.
LTG : )

Lol I'll be more specific could we see a picture of mirror blades

#10854 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Lol I'll be more specific could we see a picture of mirror blades

MVIMG_20190622_175306 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175306 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175312 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175312 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175319 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175319 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175333 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175333 (resized).jpg
#10855 4 years ago

Must say this shadow box by the mod couple is pretty darn cool!
234CC854-671B-4281-8823-386B6733EB48 (resized).jpeg234CC854-671B-4281-8823-386B6733EB48 (resized).jpeg

#10856 4 years ago

Hey fellas - somehow I let my wife talk me into making a few more action button coin mods - so I made 3 more to see if anyone wanted one. I will sell them for $29 shipped, which I feel is cheap, but will see how it goes. The deal is if it falls apart - you glue/epoxy it back together haha. Double sticky tape to install included. I have had mine for a few days and it’s held up fine. Pm if interested.
15A42D68-A6D5-413E-91AA-D4C0C54BC906 (resized).jpeg15A42D68-A6D5-413E-91AA-D4C0C54BC906 (resized).jpeg44D25713-C8DF-4855-BCAD-58A7774AD3B8 (resized).jpeg44D25713-C8DF-4855-BCAD-58A7774AD3B8 (resized).jpeg95E64589-2E7A-404D-8100-123C9F997BEA (resized).jpeg95E64589-2E7A-404D-8100-123C9F997BEA (resized).jpeg982A9DB7-7848-4FB4-B6FB-DC8C48AAE943 (resized).jpeg982A9DB7-7848-4FB4-B6FB-DC8C48AAE943 (resized).jpegA3FF5B84-F7BD-4595-BEAF-058A3D65EE1B (resized).jpegA3FF5B84-F7BD-4595-BEAF-058A3D65EE1B (resized).jpeg

899465C0-1AD1-4232-A1D8-AAB0AC7B7CDE (resized).jpeg899465C0-1AD1-4232-A1D8-AAB0AC7B7CDE (resized).jpeg
#10857 4 years ago

Put these new side blades In Today... they match great, but...not sure about these, may be too much red / orange for me

B760554E-91DA-40AC-A5B1-871A13FE3529 (resized).jpegB760554E-91DA-40AC-A5B1-871A13FE3529 (resized).jpeg
#10858 4 years ago

Yep pretty yellow but not bad - I’m still deciding between the kraken ones or mirrorblades

#10859 4 years ago

Found this little door mod on the internet for the back of the black pearl. I’ll paint it up tomorrow and see how it looks. Anyone print one of these and paint it? Which brown did you use?
052A3A3F-6536-40B4-9E8E-F80FB0BF191C (resized).jpeg052A3A3F-6536-40B4-9E8E-F80FB0BF191C (resized).jpeg

#10860 4 years ago

Well my 1.9 million grand champion score lasted exactly 1 game. Next game my 17yr old daughter who has been playing pinball all her life, and whose sole purpose at pinball is to remove me from the leader boards put up this

32747154-3953-4429-BAF0-E40EF1E930D8 (resized).jpeg32747154-3953-4429-BAF0-E40EF1E930D8 (resized).jpeg
#10861 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Well my 1.9 million grand champion score lasted exactly 1 game. Next game my 17yr old daughter who has been playing pinball all her life, and whose sole purpose at pinball is to remove me from the leader boards put up this[quoted image]

That’s a pretty good score!

Maybe we should run another “post your best score” tournament...that went pretty well last time.

#10862 4 years ago

Well my 1.9 million grand champion score lasted exactly 1 game. Next game my 17yr old daughter who has been playing pinball all her life, and whose sole purpose at pinball is to remove me from the leader boards put up this[quoted image]

Dont feel bad she has my grand champ score beat to

#10863 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That’s a pretty good score!
Maybe we should run another “post your best score” tournament...that went pretty well last time.

YES! YES!

#10864 4 years ago

See that little bubble on the right radcal ? It’s minor and needs a certain angle to see it I can push it in a little bit then it pops out must have been a manufacturing issue ?

377F6682-7717-4D22-90F4-7CEFEC94943C (resized).jpeg377F6682-7717-4D22-90F4-7CEFEC94943C (resized).jpeg
#10865 4 years ago

Yep. Definitely visible. That must piss you off.

And once you see it, it will be the first thing you notice every time!

I’m sure they can help you fix it. Good luck!!

#10866 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

See that little bubble on the right radcal ? It’s minor and needs a certain angle to see it I can push it in a little bit then it pops out must have been a manufacturing issue ?[quoted image]

Guess you don’t light many fires in the fire place any more? How many pins in your living room? Good to see an AFM in the background. Great combo! (And with the other 12, lucky man)

#10867 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:See that little bubble on the right radcal ? It’s minor and needs a certain angle to see it I can push it in a little bit then it pops out must have been a manufacturing issue ?[quoted image]

I think replacing that side would be a pain. I wonder if you could needle prick it then hit it with a heat gun just to warm up and activate the adhesive and then use a roller to compress it back down - then put something up against it until it cools... I doubt you would ever see the needle hole, and not sure it would work but my guess is JJP just sends another radcal. That or just try the heat gun without the needle. Either way talk to JJP first

#10868 4 years ago

I think replacing that side would be a pain. I wonder if you could needle prick it then hit it with a heat gun just to warm up and activate the adhesive and then use a roller to compress it back down - then put something up against it until it cools... I doubt you would ever see the needle hole, and not sure it would work but my guess is JJP just sends another radcal. That or just try the heat gun without the needle. Either way talk to JJP first

Thanks for the advice I’ll contact them. I guess it’s so minor I’m probably not going to mess with it , but will see what they say

#10869 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the advice I’ll contact them. I guess it’s so minor I’m probably not going to mess with it , but will see what they say

What was your build date? I'd be inclined to see if it resolves itself over time, hoping the air eventually makes its way into the porous wood.

But if it was many months ago, maybe that is not gonna happen...

#10870 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What was your build date? I'd be inclined to see if it resolves itself over time, hoping the air eventually makes its way into the porous wood.
But if it was many months ago, maybe that is not gonna happen...

Looks like a December 2018 build, so its been about 6 months

#10871 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I had another idea - wallpaper roller from bottom to top, hoping to squeeze that air to the top of the radcal where it can escape. Maybe put painters tape over the radcal first so you don't scuff it with the roller...to be safe.

#10872 4 years ago

I wonder if you could needle prick it

This needle trick worked perfectly for me when applying smaller decals. The hole completely disappears. ( I haven't tried cabinet decals though)

#10873 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

This needle trick worked perfectly for me when applying smaller decals. The hole completely disappears. ( I haven't tried cabinet decals though)

Poking a needle through the thick plastic radcal is a different beast though. Much more difficult and will leave an unsightly blemish as compared to a thin paper decal.

#10874 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Poking a needle through the thick plastic radcal is a different beast though. Much more difficult and will leave an unsightly blemish as compared to a thin paper decal.

Just wondering how this happened can’t be from moving it , nothing touched the sides there is no obvious impact . Kind of seems glue didn’t fix well there

#10875 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just wondering how this happened can’t be from moving it , nothing touched the sides there is no obvious impact . Kind of seems glue didn’t fix well there

Just speculating...the installer probably went a little too quickly and just trapped air in there. Same way air bubbles happen in traditional paper decals.

I doubt there is any problem with the glue, it is very strong and you said it sticks briefly when pushing it in.
I'd try the wallpaper roller though, I bet you can squeeze that air to the top and get it smooth.

#10876 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just speculating...the installer probably went a little too quickly and just trapped air in there. Same way air bubbles happen in traditional paper decals.
I doubt there is any problem with the glue, it is very strong and you said it sticks briefly when pushing it in.
I'd try the wallpaper roller though, I bet you can squeeze that air to the top and get it smooth.

So aim up not down ?

#10877 4 years ago

Guys, the modes are selected by the last target you hit (the color in front of the insert). You have to hit one of those targets to start a chapter. While it's bouncing around, the side rubbers rotate the lights. It's all based on physical action.

Note this generally means the last thing you qualified is more likely to start because of how it assigns the lights.

#10878 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So aim up not down ?

Whichever edge is closer to the bubble Looked closer to the top, to me.

#10880 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Guys, the modes are selected by the last target you hit (the color in front of the insert). You have to hit one of those targets to start a chapter. While it's bouncing around, the side rubbers rotate the lights. It's all based on physical action.
Note this generally means the last thing you qualified is more likely to start because of how it assigns the lights.

I waned to commend you on the use of colors to designate chapters, movies, etc. It makes reading the monitor display and lights on the playfield very intuitive.

#10881 4 years ago

Thanks keefer oh btw when's final wizard mode going to be done? Not that I'm any where close to getting there.

#10882 4 years ago

Thanks @pinball_keefer. Awesome, was hoping it was mechanical. Nice touch with the slings rotating the lights. Did not realise.

I was really distraught when I thought it was software and not mechanical.

So what happened with me when the ball was stuck and it could not hit any targets? Did it then start a backup software randomiser?

Thanks!

#10883 4 years ago

Thanks @pinball_keefer! It just goes to show how much we don't know about the game yet there is always one or more that provide wrong information and some who say it as a 'matter of fact'.

#10884 4 years ago

Have had a couple of instances of ball getting stuck under black pearl ramp between star post and the roll over to the pops. I’m thinking of putting a large rubber washer under the star post. Maybe that will stop ball getting stuck there.

#10885 4 years ago

Topper pieces are coming together. I wish the skull was a bit larger, but it's going to mount higher up and the lighting will be cool. Need to figure out the plastic background. I think it might be ocean waves. I wonder if I spend time making the ships rock.

Most of the decals arrived today! Just listed them on the pinside shop as well.

Topper (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpg
#10886 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Topper pieces are coming together. I wish the skull was a bit larger, but it's going to mount higher up and the lighting will be cool. Need to figure out the plastic background. I think it might be ocean waves. I wonder if I spend time making the ships rock.
Most of the decals arrived today! Just listed them on the pinside shop as well.[quoted image]

Get the disney talking skull off Ebay.
pirates-topper-in-progress (resized).jpgpirates-topper-in-progress (resized).jpg

jjpotc-topper.gifjjpotc-topper.gif
#10887 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get the disney talking skull off Ebay.[quoted image]

Ah that's cool, dangit. This topper isn't going to be cheap!

#10888 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Thanks keefer oh btw when's final wizard mode going to be done? Not that I'm any where close to getting there.

Also interested in any news about upcoming 1.x code for Pirates

#10889 4 years ago

question for you folks, im ordering molex connectors to make my own 12v power splitters, but am unsure about the size:
Are they 0.093" or .062" Pins

#10890 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

question for you folks, im ordering molex connectors to make my own 12v power splitters, but am unsure about the size:
Are they 0.093" or .062" Pins

2 circuit under the playfield for spotlights, I think it's a 3 circuit at the coin door.

Marco has the cheapest prices if you are ordering in bulk and with other items. Or Amazon has some smaller packs of complete sets of them for a decent price.

#10891 4 years ago

For those of you considering the window filler mod here are the instructions I am working on. Really detailed but it's only a 10 minute install and 2 nuts to remove.

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-window-filler-install-instructions

If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free. I'm working on a video.

Added over 4 years ago:

For those of you considering the window filler mod here are the instructions I am working on. Really detailed but it's only a 10 minute install and 2 nuts to remove.

https://pinballmods.co/black-pearl-install-instructions

#10892 4 years ago

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-window-filler-install-instructions

Nice and through! (oops, thorough even!)

Basically feed up through the existing wire loom under the ship, mount, and connect molexes. From what I gathered.

#10893 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Nice and through!
Basically feed up through the existing wire loom under the ship, mount, and connect molexes. From what I gathered.

Exactly. I did it the first time, took pictures as I was doing it and it still only took like 10 minutes.

#10894 4 years ago

Some folks asked for video/photos of the galaxy backboard plastic installed, etc. Here is a video of the starmap working. This method of install, which I am testing, means pretty much no modification to the game, about a 5 minute install and works with or without existing starmap. As well, I am testing a "twinkling light" version which can be a plug and play modification for those who have SE versions and want something cool back there. Still a 5-10 minute install.

That video and this picture is of the prototype. The final version will have less glare and will be a real, authentic pinball plastic (produced by CPR). Here it is installed with the starmap PCB behind it..you can barely see the bend in it from above and nothing from the front once the playfield is pushed back.

I am still working on a replacement backboard for those who want it, but it may not be necessary and I'll refund anyone who purchased one.

**Again, prototype install.. the finished piece will be much cleaner

Starmap Close Install (resized).jpgStarmap Close Install (resized).jpg
#10895 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a plug and play flickering lamp controller for the black pearl? This isn't exactly how I envision it, the lamp blinks on and off too much (it should dim and flicker more) and I'd rather do an amber or blue (moon light?) hue but it's what I had on hand. I'll do some more work on it if there is interest.

#10896 4 years ago

Another mod option... I am looking at replacements for this obtrusive spotlight. Two options so far... one, skull and crossbones, but it sort of looks out of place just sitting in front of the ship there. Another is the pirate flag, which I like a lot myself. This is just a quick photoshop but basically it would be a plug and play replacement with a few minute install. Spotlight would be integrated.

I think the flag could even fly the other way, moving the spotlight further out of the way. If we do it right, the face on the flag could light up, as well.

Flag-Sample (resized).jpgFlag-Sample (resized).jpg
#10897 4 years ago

Some folks asked for video/photos of the galaxy backboard plastic installed, etc. Here is a video of the starmap working. This method of install, which I am testing, means pretty much no modification to the game, about a 5 minute install and works with or without existing starmap. As well, I am testing a "twinkling light" version which can be a plug and play modification for those who have SE versions and want something cool back there. Still a 5-10 minute install.

That video and this picture is of the prototype. The final version will have less glare and will be a real, authentic pinball plastic (produced by CPR). Here it is installed with the starmap PCB behind it..you can barely see the bend in it from above and nothing from the front once the playfield is pushed back.
I am still working on a replacement backboard for those who want it, but it may not be necessary and I'll refund anyone who purchased one.
**Again, prototype install.. the finished piece will be much cleaner[quoted image]

This looks really, really good! Prior I had no interest...but man, this is impressive work HH!

#10898 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This looks really, really good! Prior I had no interest...but man, this is impressive work HH!

Thanks, it's coming along. This game has me WAY too interested in modding. I have like 10 things I am building or want to build. More prototypes in the works.

#10899 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!
The Mod Couple

I have followed the instructions provided by the mod Couple having found a Davy Jones on Ebay for £20. Best mod you can do in my opinion and led to a good score in my next game!! Thankyou

20190624_113148 (resized).jpg20190624_113148 (resized).jpg20190624_182447 (resized).jpg20190624_182447 (resized).jpg
#10900 4 years ago

**Again, prototype install.. the finished piece will be much cleaner[quoted image]

Is it possible for photos and video of it pushed back with glass on. Just easier for me to visualise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/218?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.