(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 378.
#10801 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ok let see if I remember all of this.
Curse of the black pearl wiz mode
Goal to retrieve 886 pieces of gold. Best way to collect the gold is via spinners and after 120~ gold you have to shoot a lt shot to change locations. Mode ends when all pieces are collected.
Dead mans chest wi mode.
Goal hit a bunch of inner loops while keeping “tentacles down”. If you can hit the loops fast enough you do not have to worry about fighting off the tentacles. After 18~ loops you get to kill the kraken. Do not remember but pretty sure it’s 18 loops then star map shot to finish
Devil’s Triangle wiz mode
Goal hit 5-6 lits shots before timer runs out. Also missing shots count against you on this one. Miss 3-5 shots and mode ends. This one is easy as all it is is hitting a few shots to end mode.
At worlds end wiz mode.
Goal is to try to get to the upside down. Starting mode half of play field is red half is blue. You are trying to get the ship to turn over. Blue shots progress this and red shots hinder this. Every correct shot you make the colors swap. So after hitting a blue shot all of the red shots become blue and the blue shots no one red. Hit the correct shot 5-6 times and the ship fully turns over. Can’t remember if there is 1 more shot after doing that to complete mode.
Last but not least. Fountain of youth wizard mode. This is the most in depth wiz mode currently in game. Mode starts with 5 lit shots. You must hit all 5 shots in like 30 seconds to advance. After hitting the 5 shots I think it was shoot a inner loop shot. After that was done you had to shoot stat map to end mode. I don’t remember the actual shots it asked for but when you do mode the first 5 shots are lit. Then the shots it asks for after first part are shown in the bottom right of screen.
Hopefully this helps

Excellent write-up. Thank you.

#10802 4 years ago

Hey guys so I opened up my backbox and looks like I have a Ground Loop Noise Isolater, but I dont think its doing anything? so was going to replace with the amazon one I got... or should I add it in addition to the existing?
filter (resized).jpgfilter (resized).jpg

I also happen to notice a connector that appears to be not connected? Is this by design or should this be connected?
conn (resized).jpgconn (resized).jpg

#10803 4 years ago

That connector does not connect to anything. Try your GLI in place of that one see if it helps.

#10804 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey guys so I opened up my backbox and looks like I have a Ground Loop Noise Isolater, but I dont think its doing anything? so was going to replace with the amazon one I got... or should I add it in addition to the existing?
[quoted image]
I also happen to notice a connector that appears to be not connected? Is this by design or should this be connected?
[quoted image]

Replace.

#10805 4 years ago

Thanks. Also for those of u thinking of replacing the cool leds in in the spot lights with warm ( I did it looks much better ) I found a great deal on amazon 8 bucks for 20 lol
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CC1VJ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

#10806 4 years ago

I lifted my pf and saw my game was marked 982, kinda fun be in the last bunch of the last batch of games

#10807 4 years ago

This beast takes a lot to dial in, but man is it worth it. I feel like I have tweaked all over the place, but the games just get more and more rewarding and fun to play!

I just installed a shaker and Invisiglass on my SE. i managed to get the Devils Triangle mountain piece too. It is all coming together nicely.

#10808 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am in for a couple decals and the BP mod, very nice touch on that one. Will you have install instructions with product or a video to view?

Yup! Already started on the instructions with pictures and I'll do a video too.

#10809 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This beast takes a lot to dial in, but man is it worth it. I feel like I have tweaked all over the place, but the games just get more and more rewarding and fun to play!
I just installed a shaker and Invisiglass on my SE. i managed to get the Devils Triangle mountain piece too. It is all coming together nicely.

The best LE/CE parts, nice!

#10810 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Interesting, the model of GLI changed between what I have in my WOZ and POTC and what you have pictured in yours. But also interesting to know if this solves your issue. The one you have isn't reviewed badly on Amazon so I wonder if there is any real difference in these cheap things. The replacement one is even cheaper, wonder why it solved my issue. Maybe just a bad batch, maybe something different in design? Only seems like some people have the issue so it seems like maybe a QA issue.

#10811 4 years ago

Mezel, the Mod Couple, Yelo, Harry and whoever else - you all are killing it! Thanks for what you do to give us the bling our games deserve. In an attempt to protect my kids college funds, I thought I’d try the action button coin mod myself. The coins I ordered are bigger than I expected, and tougher to cut just right, but I have about 92 left to make more if this thing crumbles when it gets smacked.

0F9ACCBE-C1E7-41BE-8BDA-66B5BB4E4C35 (resized).jpeg0F9ACCBE-C1E7-41BE-8BDA-66B5BB4E4C35 (resized).jpegF68E1F8D-0364-49E2-8BE4-49062137B592 (resized).jpegF68E1F8D-0364-49E2-8BE4-49062137B592 (resized).jpeg
#10812 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yay, products are now live and online for purchase. Starmap replacement plastic, various decals & black pearl standup filler window piece.
*Please bear with me, if there are any questions or issues feel free to PM so I can help figure them out. New store for me, new payment processing, etc.
*2-3 weeks to produce all the products, you'll get a notification when your order ships.
*Flat rate $1 shipping for all decals, otherwise please choose an appropriate shipping method
https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com

Arrrrr - I'm in for a decal set and lighted BP door! Looking forward to adding these to my POTC.

Thanks Scott!

#10813 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I’m dying to find a Devil’s Triangle. Can’t get my hands on one for nothing

#10814 4 years ago

Probably should have sold mine for more, but didn’t seem right to take advantage of the situation, hope you find one!

#10815 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

maybe you could ask steigerpijp ? He has made some awesome rock formations to continue around the maelstrom. His work is top notch, just check out his pistol!

#10816 4 years ago

I’ve got one but plan to sell it with my NIB Standard, still boxed. Maybe Back Alley can make one?

#10817 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’m sorry about that. I managed to just beat JJP’s cutoff a couple weeks ago. Pure luck.

It is nice, but I’ll bet you could devise a mod that would look great there too. I could never do that ... I am not that creative.

#10818 4 years ago

#10819 4 years ago

On location in Manhattan, below the South Street Seaport at Rt 66 BBQ 79 Pearl St. With Star Trek Pro (old pic)

IMG_20190319_132526862 (resized).jpgIMG_20190319_132526862 (resized).jpg
#10820 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Mezel, the Mod Couple, Yelo, Harry and whoever else - you all are killing it! Thanks for what you do to give us the bling our games deserve. In an attempt to protect my kids college funds, I thought I’d try the action button coin mod myself. The coins I ordered are bigger than I expected, and tougher to cut just right, but I have about 92 left to make more if this thing crumbles when it gets smacked.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great...

Where did you get them?

#10821 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Those look great...
Where did you get them?

A couple of sellers from China have them - either in packs of 10 or 100. With these ones you can do what I did with 8 coins. Eventually I will give the extras away here but it’s gonna be a few weeks.
ebay.com link: 0

#10822 4 years ago

By the way, are you all as amazed as I am with the music on this pin? It seems to build as you move further into the pin and create a whole level of excitement on its own. Seems like movie level music generated just for the pin. Davy Jones heart beating too, building suspense. Love it! Never could grasp this when playing outside my home.

#10823 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

By the way, are you all as amazed as I am with the music on this pin? It seems to build as you move further into the pin and create a whole level of excitement on its own. Seems like movie level music generated just for the pin. Davy Jones heart beating too, building anticipation. Love it! Never could grasp this when playing outside my home.

The music by Thiel is phenomenal.

#10824 4 years ago

The audio as a whole is phenomenal!

#10825 4 years ago
20190621_095502 (resized).jpg20190621_095502 (resized).jpg
#10826 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

Did it fall through the carpet?!

#10827 4 years ago

Noticed something weird happen. I always thought the selection of chapters was mechanically random, selected by the magnet. I told everyone who comes and plays how cool that is.

Anyway this week the ball did that thing where it kicked off the chapter mechanic and then got trapped between post and left sling. No ball movement.

Guess what. Chapters still selected.....

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not want it to be software selected, was so cool if the magnet did it. Please pinball_keefer put me out of my misery and tell me it always selects by magnet UNLESS the ball is stuck in which case it goes back to software randomisers!

I live in hope.

#10828 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I lifted my pf and saw my game was marked 982, kinda fun be in the last bunch of the last batch of games

You made me go under and look lol. I’m #921

D8903904-7456-45CD-91BD-500F0B5EDBD8 (resized).jpegD8903904-7456-45CD-91BD-500F0B5EDBD8 (resized).jpeg
#10829 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Noticed something weird happen. I always thought the selection of chapters was mechanically random, selected by the magnet. I told everyone who comes and plays how cool that is.
Anyway this week the ball did that thing where it kicked off the chapter mechanic and then got trapped between post and left sling. No ball movement.
Guess what. Chapters still selected.....
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not want it to be software selected, was so cool if the magnet did it. Please pinball_keefer put me out of my misery and tell me it always selects by magnet UNLESS the ball is stuck in which case it goes back to software randomisers!
I live in hope.

It’s software selected.

#10830 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s software selected.

What’s the point of the magnet???? Is it all for show?

It’s like Santa all over again......

I just need to be left alone for a while....

#10831 4 years ago

Lots of goodies from the mod couple! Thanks Yelobird

800AE7AB-5324-49E3-8365-DA6876486B4E (resized).jpeg800AE7AB-5324-49E3-8365-DA6876486B4E (resized).jpeg
#10832 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s software selected.

Thanks for letting me know. I wonder why they did not use magnet and switches? Guess the ball may not have hit anything. Still. Disappointing.

#10833 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks for letting me know. I wonder why they did not use magnet and switches? Guess the ball may not have hit anything. Still. Disappointing.

Maybe it's a software fallback in the event no switches are hit by the magnet. I wouldn't despair.

#10834 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe it's a software fallback in the event no switches are hit by the magnet. I wouldn't despair.

I hope you’re right zaphX!
Would be great if Keefer could confirm or give us background.

#10835 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

What’s the point of the magnet???? Is it all for show?
It’s like Santa all over again......
I just need to be left alone for a while....

I think I recall reading somewhere or seeing in a video where they said the original design did have the chapter selected by the ball hitting the targets as it was flung around by the magnet. The last target hit by the ball was the one selected to play. However they realized the way the mech was working caused the ball to be much more likely to hit some targets than others, so it wasn't going to be truly random selection (odds of the ball hitting some targets last were much greater than others). That led to creating the random choice by software.

#10836 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Mezel, the Mod Couple, Yelo, Harry and whoever else - you all are killing it! Thanks for what you do to give us the bling our games deserve. In an attempt to protect my kids college funds, I thought I’d try the action button coin mod myself. The coins I ordered are bigger than I expected, and tougher to cut just right, but I have about 92 left to make more if this thing crumbles when it gets smacked.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I went with generic coins but those look killer. I hot glued mine on with the smallest amount just to see how it looked and they mostly fell off at this point (only two were actually glued to the lockbar) but I didn't hit them with my hand once so I'll probably add them back in with some more glue this time.

#10837 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think I recall reading somewhere or seeing in a video where they said the original design did have the chapter selected by the ball hitting the targets as it was flung around by the magnet. The last target hit by the ball was the one selected to play. However they realized the way the mech was working caused the ball to be much more likely to hit some targets than others, so it wasn't going to be truly random selection (odds of the ball hitting some targets last were much greater than others). That led to creating the random choice by software.

Thanks for clarifying Mr Eagle.

I guess it still looks cool.

So the switches are there to register an initial hit only?

#10838 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks for clarifying Mr Eagle.
I guess it still looks cool.
So the switches are there to register an initial hit only?

I think so.

#10839 4 years ago

Well its been 6 months next week since my Pirates docked in our game room and I must say I love it as much or more then I did when it arrived. Frick what a great game!!!

#10840 4 years ago

Hey guys I just noticed Today that my right side radcal has a very slight bubble underneath it . I can press it in. It’s mild hardly noticeable have no idea how that happened must be a manufacturing imperfection anyone else have Same issue ?

#10841 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well its been 6 months next week since my Pirates docked in our game room and I must say I love it as much or more then I did when it arrived. Frick what a great game!!!

Agreed and thx for all your mods I got them on! With all the machines I've bought and Sold I've finally got 2 that aren't going anywhere...I've never been happier with my 2 Pin collection!

20190621_230202.jpg20190621_230202.jpg
#10842 4 years ago

Is anyone else not able to fit art blades on the inside of your cabinet. Kingpin is getting ready to ship my LE to me, but he was not able to install the Kraken blades. Apparently the right side of the playfield is too close to the inner wall and nothing will fit in between (there is more room on the left side, however).

Are there any amazing, magical solutions of somehow increasing the gap between the playfield and the side wall? I fear there is no solution and I'm just going to be unlucky with this mod, but I figure it's worth asking in here.

I'm super excited to be joining this club!!

#10843 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Is anyone else not able to fit art blades on the inside of your cabinet. Kingpin is getting ready to ship my LE to me, but he was not able to install the Kraken blades. Apparently the right side of the playfield is too close to the inner wall and nothing will fit in between (there is more room on the left side, however).
Are there any amazing, magical solutions of somehow increasing the gap between the playfield and the side wall? I fear there is no solution and I'm just going to be unlucky with this mod, but I figure it's worth asking in here.

Just moving the pin may settle the gaps differently. You’ll probably get it in there. But I would definitely invest in the blade protectors from pbl

#10844 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah - me too. It's funny how my opinion of this game was pretty much MEH for the first year and a half after its original reveal at Expo, but once I actually got some time in on an LE on route and began to appreciate its excellent code and many features, it sunk its claws into me very quickly. Now I think Pirates would be the last game to leave my collection!

Quoted from dgposter:

I found the side gaps to be tighter than normal, but still manageable when I installed Pingraffix's POTC pinblades on my game. Just have to maximize the gap manually. I also strongly recommend using the "wet" method for application.

Raising and lowering my playfield has not been an issue since either. Just need to be careful when you do.

#10845 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just moving the pin may settle the gaps differently. You’ll probably get it in there. But I would definitely invest in the blade protectors from pbl

He is correct, they can be installed carefully and Mezel Mods sells the protectors too. They are an absolute must for you. Without them you will eventually damage your pin blades. Enjoy, you will love it.

#10846 4 years ago

Been thinking about getting art blades to just worried about the hinge nut heard you have to cut it cause its flared

#10847 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Been thinking about getting art blades to just worried about the hinge nut heard you have to cut it cause its flared

I had to bang them out to install radcals. Went back in just fine. I did not have to cut it.

#10848 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had to bang them out to install radcals. Went back in just fine. I did not have to cut it.

Ditto

#10849 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I have mirror blades on mine, a little tight but not too bad.

#10850 4 years ago

How do mirror blades look?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/217?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.