(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 378.
#10701 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Got the shine back after some deep cleaning[quoted image]

Oooh nice work! Crazy how much crud can build up, and then be cleaned off so well. What did ya use?

#10702 4 years ago

Can you show the after pic with the light shining on the PF the same as the before pic and at the same angle?

#10703 4 years ago

Wow!

What did this entail?

#10704 4 years ago

Basically degreaser, and then wax, buff, is some areas I used very light novus 2 - ya I know... - but after I cut with a finer compound and it got out some serious ball scuffing. Then wax

#10705 4 years ago

Basically degreaser, and then wax, buff, is some areas I used very light novus 2 - ya I know... - but after I cut with a finer compound and it got out some serious ball scuffing. Then wax

Degreaser...wait what?

#10706 4 years ago

Yep simple green or grease lighting works wonders and here is the pic u wanted f3honda4me

B129EFAA-E89C-48B2-9367-B68D78D6C7AE (resized).jpegB129EFAA-E89C-48B2-9367-B68D78D6C7AE (resized).jpeg
#10707 4 years ago

Yep simple green or grease lighting works wonders and here is the pic u wanted f3honda4me[quoted image]

There we go. Now we can see direct comparison. Looks fantastic. Nice work getting it shiny.

#10708 4 years ago

Method? All by hand? My WOZ looks like your before and I did the NOVUS 2 and wax and it still looks like it did. I can't imagine how much rubbing I need to do to get it like your POTC. My JP just got clear coated and it took a LOT of buffing with a wheel to get it looking so nice and some different compounds. I even have a small wheel for my drill and that is way too big and messy to do that with the PF in the game.

I was thinking of looking for something for my dremel. I have "programmers arms" (fucked up) so it's hard to buff by hand for too long.

** Just saw your post on method... I can't believe that is just wax and buffing, wow.

#10709 4 years ago

Jack sparrow is officially attached to the barrel

22FA2F98-A913-4AFD-BCF3-6A19CF87561B (resized).jpeg22FA2F98-A913-4AFD-BCF3-6A19CF87561B (resized).jpeg
#10710 4 years ago

Jack sparrow is officially attached to the barrel[quoted image]

Looks like the 2nd hand market for Tom is looking quite buoyant....

#10711 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry for asking an obvious question. How do you access the two screws to reattach the barrel lid, once Davy Jones is mounted on top? I'm presuming you screw him on using the two screws underneath the barrel lid away from the machine, so once he's on, is it easy to reapply the lid to the bumper?

#10712 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Sorry for asking an obvious question. How do you access the two screws to reattach the barrel lid, once Davy Jones is mounted on top? I'm presuming you screw him on using the two screws underneath the barrel lid away from the machine, so once he's on, is it easy to reapply the lid to the bumper?

Reattach using the allen screw through the hole in the side of the barrel.

#10713 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Reattach using the allen screw through the hole in the side of the barrel.

I have a hole in my barrel at the side but nothing in it. To take off the barrel I had to release the two screws in the top and it came off.

#10714 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

I have a hole in my barrel at the side but nothing in it. To take off the barrel I had to release the two screws in the top and it came off.

There's no reason to remove the screws on top to remove the barrel. The hole in the side leads to a small allen-head screw that locks the spinning barrel to the motor shaft. I don't recall the hex size.

#10715 4 years ago

Amazing how much coil dust had accumulated on this game. Replacing all flipper coil sleeves and cleaning mecks. Here is the Pearl.

IMG_0702 (resized).JPGIMG_0702 (resized).JPGUntitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#10716 4 years ago

Amazing how much coil dust had accumulated on this game. Replacing all flipper coil sleeves and cleaning mecks. Here is the Pearl.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that seems excessive for a new game. Could it be that things aren’t perfectly lined up or the mechanism has movement it shouldn’t creating extra friction on shaft and causing excess coil dust?

#10717 4 years ago

Amazing how much coil dust had accumulated on this game. Replacing all flipper coil sleeves and cleaning mecks. Here is the Pearl.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a HOU game? And I guess the real question is how many plays. Some posters are playing for hours a day. Some maybe a play a week.

#10718 4 years ago

So this game came from a Home and yes its HUO as I know the distributor he bought it from.. .but i think this game was the neighborhood entertainment for all the kids... I would estimate 1400 plays.

#10719 4 years ago

Dirty Pirates! lol Great work thanks for sharing.

#10720 4 years ago

I don't know.. I was just never really a fan of the basic reddish stickers that were on the apron. I figure if I print these out for my own use probably not a big deal. Only spent a few minutes on this thrown together concept, didn't really think about the content. Anyone else think the apron got left out?

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#10721 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I don't know.. I was just never really a fan of the basic reddish stickers that were on the apron. I figure if I print these out for my own use probably not a big deal. Only spent a few minutes on this thrown together concept, didn't really think about the content. Anyone else think the apron got left out?[quoted image]

I'm pretty happy with it!

IMG_0641.jpegIMG_0641.jpeg
#10722 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm pretty happy with it![quoted image]

Someone scribbled on yours?

#10723 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm pretty happy with it![quoted image]

Can I have one of those!!!

Good alternative Harry. I know what you mean, but I will stick with the yellow. Your alternative will go nicely with the kraken blades. Have you contacted tilt with your idea? He does say he is happy to take on new artwork. Could be pretty cool to have a Kraken in your face.

#10724 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Can I have one of those!!!
Good alternative Harry. I know what you mean, but I will stick with the yellow. Your alternative will go nicely with the kraken blades. Have you contacted tilt with your idea? He does say he is happy to take on new artwork. Could be pretty cool to have a Kraken in your face.

Ah no, but I doubt anyone will produce it unless they somehow have license already? I figure I'll mess with it at some point in the future and see if I want to do anything. The blades do look awesome.

#10725 4 years ago

She is basically all back together! We underwent the mega clean, added new rubbers, some Chroma nuts, Cliffy's and Jack added, just need to do a few more things and should be ready to play!

Just a reminder of the before:
Ball trails and dirt EVERYWHERE
all (resized).jpgall (resized).jpg

No more, clean as a whistle

Cliffys
cliffy (resized).jpgcliffy (resized).jpg
scoop (resized).jpgscoop (resized).jpg
map (resized).jpgmap (resized).jpg

New rubbers
rubbers (resized).jpgrubbers (resized).jpg
flipper (resized).jpgflipper (resized).jpg
star (resized).jpgstar (resized).jpg

Post kit and some Chroma Nuts
nuts (resized).jpgnuts (resized).jpg
Jack
jack (resized).jpgjack (resized).jpg

#10726 4 years ago

She is basically all back together! We underwent the mega clean, added new rubbers, some Chroma nuts, Cliffy's and Jack added, just need to do a few more things and should be ready to play!

Looks clean!
Are those Titan GID rings?
Thanks for sharing. I think I have a cleaning session in the near future.

#10727 4 years ago

I don't know.. I was just never really a fan of the basic reddish stickers that were on the apron.
Anyone else think the apron got left out?[quoted image]

I'm not a fan of the red apron decals for the CE in particular. It's a shame. I've been hoping for better options.
I'd love to know why they changed the color scheme...

0763935fb1945e1bbda12b48784e4e8fb8fc111e (resized).png0763935fb1945e1bbda12b48784e4e8fb8fc111e (resized).png
#10728 4 years ago

Had fun playing POTC with my daughters last night. My youngest got her personal best +150k. 100k from map skill shot after a couple inner loops using will Turner. That's a bigger skill shot than I've ever gotten!

IMG_Surf_20190616_202601_processed (resized).jpgIMG_Surf_20190616_202601_processed (resized).jpg
#10729 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Had fun playing POTC with my daughters last night. My youngest got her personal best +150k. 100k from map skill shot after a couple inner loops using will Turner. That's a bigger skill shot than I've ever gotten![quoted image]

Is Daddy allowed to plunder? There are specific rules in our household!

#10730 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm not a fan of the red apron decals for the CE in particular. It's a shame. I've been hoping for better options.
I'd love to know why they changed the color scheme...[quoted image]

I was thinking of the CE specifically when wondering how this hasn't been mentioned before. Seems like a big cost cut. Same with my RR WOZ, one of the things I love about the ECLE. Well, I guess I can solve it for myself... I was actually thinking of making magnets so they could just be removed.

On another note.. anyone interested in a Maelstrom wave to hide the switch? I think it'd go well with a light blue LED strip under the Maelstrom.

0617191901 (resized).jpg0617191901 (resized).jpg
#10731 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Is Daddy allowed to plunder? There are specific rules in our household!

I encourage them to plunder me as much as possible. I usually don't... but every once in a great while I do. Gotta keep em on their toes. Ill plunder a ball every time though.

#10732 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'd love to know why they changed the color scheme...

Because everyone complained about it.

#10733 4 years ago

Just a reminder of the before:
Ball trails and dirt EVERYWHERE
[quoted image]
No more, clean as a whistle
Cliffys
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New rubbers
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Post kit and some Chroma Nuts
[quoted image]
Jack
[quoted image]

Looking great! Just love the feeling of a freshly cleaned pin.

Some owners amaze me at how far they let these things go. Spend $10.5k on a pin and don't even bother to take the glass off?

On a side note, thanks for hooking me up

20190617_213935 (resized).jpg20190617_213935 (resized).jpg
#10734 4 years ago

I was thinking of the CE specifically when wondering how this hasn't been mentioned before. Seems like a big cost cut. Same with my RR WOZ, one of the things I love about the ECLE. Well, I guess I can solve it for myself... I was actually thinking of making magnets so they could just be removed.
On another note.. anyone interested in a Maelstrom wave to hide the switch? I think it'd go well with a light blue LED strip under the Maelstrom.[quoted image]

My own Personal mod.. I had so many balls jump the maelstrom I made this plastic and extended the rock into a Splash out section.
The kraken is now also in , cut away some material, before applying the final texture to make the rock match the devil triangle

E6890D89-083F-4F61-9851-669A63DC5541 (resized).jpegE6890D89-083F-4F61-9851-669A63DC5541 (resized).jpeg1DF5E067-8D58-4A18-A21C-97553F262D48 (resized).jpeg1DF5E067-8D58-4A18-A21C-97553F262D48 (resized).jpeg212FB4E1-BA8A-4883-9365-8ED3430B4C00 (resized).jpeg212FB4E1-BA8A-4883-9365-8ED3430B4C00 (resized).jpegB7D46966-68FF-4FA4-929B-6CD9D536CEA1 (resized).jpegB7D46966-68FF-4FA4-929B-6CD9D536CEA1 (resized).jpeg
#10735 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

My own Personal mod.. I had so many balls jump the maelstrom I made this plastic and extended the rock into a Splash out section.
The kraken is now also in , cut away some material, before applying the final texture to make the rock match the devil triangle[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What?!?!!! Did you document the process? Or you selling?

#10736 4 years ago

On another note.. anyone interested in a Maelstrom wave to hide the switch? I think it'd go well with a light blue LED strip under the Maelstrom.[quoted image]

Fairly certain it wasn't a cost cut changing the apron sticker art. Sadly it was a majority complaining (if you look all the way back in the posts) that they didn't like the original art. SO wish they would have left the nice dark art as on the original. The bright orange just doesn't go in my opinion.

#10737 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fairly certain it wasn't a cost cut changing the apron sticker art. Sadly it was a majority complaining (if you look all the way back in the posts) that they didn't like the original art. SO wish they would have left the nice dark art as on the original. The bright orange just doesn't go in my opinion.

Not just your opinion, it's a fact. The original art actually matches.

#10738 4 years ago

If I can find a decent lightweigt and durable material to cast this I could ,but its a big ol’ lump of rock

Need to finalize it first , been using it for months without hang ups so at least thats something .

#10739 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not just your opinion, it's a fact. The original art actually matches.

As I have the original I am planing to make a run of them as none of the art is licensed vs doing character art which would get you a call from Disney. lol

#10740 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

The kraken is now also in , cut away some material, before applying the final texture to make the rock match the devil triangle[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why is your treasure chest closed?

#10741 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Why is your treasure chest closed?

Well, It was broken for a long time but now its “ fixed”

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/nl-nl/#B11JqstnBJF1jPF

#10742 4 years ago

I like the rockwork you did. First thing that came to mind was 2 led strips added a red one for maelstrom ramp and purple for DT all hidden by the rockwork.

#10743 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Cool, when are you going to install the 3 spinning discs?

#10744 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/nl-nl/#B11JqstnBJF1jPF

Oh, that’s great! Like a prototype. I’m assuming you modded a CE? I’d love to have the chest work.

Oh, I missed the other thread. Looks like some great progress on this.

#10745 4 years ago

We underwent the mega clean

Great job!
I too have the same Jack and I need to find the time to do a tear down with cliffys to install as well as a good shop job! And also get the T nut fix done.

#10746 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I'd buy one of those clear plastic retainers to go around the maelstrom ...

#10747 4 years ago

Im sure this has come up... How does one adjust the map disk height/angle. I expected to find a similar attachment to the creature playfield window where it attaches with rubber bushings, and you can tighten/loosen to adjust ride height? Thank you

#10748 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'd buy one of those clear plastic retainers to go around the maelstrom ...

Ditto.

#10749 4 years ago

Im sure this has come up... How does one adjust the map disk height/angle. I expected to find a similar attachment to the creature playfield window where it attaches with rubber bushings, and you can tighten/loosen to adjust ride height? Thank you

These posts might help:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/84#post-4849012

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/49#post-4757198

#10750 4 years ago

Very easy, unlock the big white nylon retainer nut under the disc, the. You can twist the inner assy up or down and then re-tighten the big retainer nut

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/215?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.