(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 378.
#10651 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

It's one of those covers that you have to slide out of the way, keeps the gunk out of the mechanism.
Ahhh who cares, the chest doesn't close anyhow!

There's exciting work being done to change that in another thread!

#10652 4 years ago

It's one of those covers that you have to slide out of the way, keeps the gunk out of the mechanism.
Ahhh who cares, the chest doesn't close anyhow!

In the 2nd movie the lock and key is the whole plot line. So can’t hide the lock Harry!!

#10653 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I haven't installed mine yet. Going to do all the mods when I have the time to do the Cliffys also.

If it does bring the diverter down and affect your ball clearance, let Yelobird know. He may be working on a fix kit with a piece of plastic to go underneath and new sticky pieces to reattach.

#10654 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm guessing that the qualifying rules for COTBP are the same as the prototype JJPOTC's. eaglepin is correct with this, but … each qualifying attempt gets a little harder. According to what Eric told me (playing a game with him on a prototype), it's kind of like a 3 point shot in basketball. The 3 point shot is the cannon bulls eye shot that sinks the ship. The other possible qualifiers are worth 1 point - hitting the side of the ship or BP skill shot. For the first COTBP MB you need a total of 3 points with those combinations to be fully qualified for MB. The next COTBP MB you need a total of 4 points. The next 5 points, and so on.

That seems right. I've noticed that after playing COTBP MB trying to qualify it again seems a bit more difficult. It seems like more turns of the spinner are required to activate the stand ups (I'll try to not raise the hair on anyone's neck by saying raise the sails... oops I just said it), and it seems like the rocking motion of the ship becomes more difficult also.

#10655 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It'll be made again, at least the LE will. Question is will be be shoehorned in between runs this year, or wait until after GnR...

I really hope so. I’ll end up selling my SE and getting the LE

#10656 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There's exciting work being done to change that in another thread!

LINK!?

I was messing with that while I had the chest apart. I had some concepts for motorizing it but not sure what would trigger/control it. I was thinking tying in to the optos to sense ball count but then decided it'd take me forever to do something like that and moved on.

This would be awesome.

#10657 4 years ago

LINK!?
I was messing with that while I had the chest apart. I had some concepts for motorizing it but not sure what would trigger/control it. I was thinking tying in to the optos to sense ball count but then decided it'd take me forever to do something like that and moved on.
This would be awesome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-treasure-chest-open-and-close#post-5046921

#10658 4 years ago

Question do any of the pops have leds in them? If so what’s the voltage bulbs used? Thanks

#10659 4 years ago

POTC is pretty damn amazing as are all JJP games, but is there like a simple rule/ guide sheet for how to play and whats going on? Anyone have a link?
THanks

#10660 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Question do any of the pops have leds in them? If so what’s the voltage bulbs used? Thanks

Yes. Doesn't matter how many as they are tiny RGB boards. In mine I have them in two, the other two have the "toys". I noticed the lighting board under the playfield has plugs for more lights for other bumpers, not sure if the board is for multiple games or what.. maybe the SE's have lights in all? If you wanted to put bulbs in you could wire up some pop bumper sockets to one of the constant voltage sources but it would be an always on kind of thing.

#10662 4 years ago

I thank all the participants of this thread for all their input, information and taking care of the issues and questions from others. Especially harryhoudini has to be mentioned here, who obviously spends a lot of time helping others, developing mods and describing issues or possible problems. So many thanks to Harry especially. All of you make this thread a perfect contribution to our hobby. I am always delighted seeing X new posts when opening my ipad each morning. Like a substitution of my daily newspaper. Please go ahead in the same manner!

#10663 4 years ago

At least potc picture at the end of the game doesn’t show my double chin like dialed in does

#10664 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

POTC is pretty damn amazing as are all JJP games, but is there like a simple rule/ guide sheet for how to play and whats going on? Anyone have a link?
THanks

http://tiltforums.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-rulesheet-wip/4169

#10665 4 years ago

Maybe a custom lock bar mod...

0615190932 (resized).jpg0615190932 (resized).jpg
#10666 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

At least potc picture at the end of the game doesn’t show my double chin like dialed in does

Yeah, the wanted posters are pretty clever. They can do eye patches and hats on the pictures, hopefully Keith can figure out how to add curled mustaches or goatees, too!

#10667 4 years ago

Going to try to stream my high-risk/high-reward Barbossa strategy now if anyone is interested. https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

Edit - That went well! https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/clip/SarcasticSpeedyAntDendiFace

#10668 4 years ago

Quick rules question ... what happens when you plunder another player’s character? Do you get the benefits of both characters or do you just switch to that character? If the latter is the case, what is the real benefit?

#10669 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Quick rules question ... what happens when you plunder another player’s character? Do you get the benefits of both characters or do you just switch to that character? If the latter is the case, what is the real benefit?

Your old character goes to Davey Jones. Arrrrrrrrrrr.

You get the new character and the old one is scratched out. The other person has to select a new character. Use the steal when the other player took the character you wanted in player select. Or when you just want to piss them off.

#10670 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Your old character goes to Davey Jones. Arrrrrrrrrrr.
You get the new character and the old one is scratched out. The other person has to select a new character. Use the steal when the other player took the character you wanted in player select. Or when you just want to piss them off.

And its just plain fun to do! lol Loved your explanation!

#10671 4 years ago

Got er in, next tear the whole top down. new rubbers, new balls, needs a deep clean big time, installing cliffy’s, need to fix some switches, and who knows I’m sure more will pop up as I go. The original owner NEVER cleaned this thing

30B4F617-63C6-4DEA-8100-8F3DDE402C79 (resized).jpeg30B4F617-63C6-4DEA-8100-8F3DDE402C79 (resized).jpeg
#10672 4 years ago

Got er in, next tear the whole top down. new rubbers, new balls, needs a deep clean big time, installing cliffy’s, need to fix some switches, and who knows I’m sure more will pop up as I go. The original owner NEVER cleaned this thing [quoted image]

Was it routed? These pins haven’t been out very long unless it has a ton of plays it wouldn’t need a cleaning?

#10673 4 years ago

Umm ya that is what one would think right!.. This was an huo, buuut I think it was the neighborhood entertainment

#10674 4 years ago

Hello,

First time Pinside post here. My wife and I just played pirates for the first time in our local pinball arcade here in Fort Wayne. Absolutely loved this game and are pretty sure we would like to purchase a used LE/CE sometime in the next 1-2 years. My first question (of many future ones I’m sure) is can you adjust/turn on ball saves at home? The routed one we were playing had none, and it was a bit frustrating loosing the ball, sometimes within 5-10 seconds of plunging, and losing your turn. I am hopeful that this is something that can be adjusted for home use, but never owning a pinball machine before I actually have no idea. Thanks in advance!

Also, so very jealous of all of you who own pins. Can not wait to join the club. The bug bit me a year ago, and I’m all in at this point

#10675 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Hello,
First time Pinside post here. My wife and I just played pirates for the first time in our local pinball arcade here in Fort Wayne. Absolutely loved this game and are pretty sure we would like to purchase a used LE/CE sometime in the next 1-2 years. My first question (of many future ones I’m sure) is can you adjust/turn on ball saves at home? The routed one we were playing had none, and it was a bit frustrating loosing the ball, sometimes within 5-10 seconds of plunging, and losing your turn. I am hopeful that this is something that can be adjusted for home use, but never owning a pinball machine before I actually have no idea. Thanks in advance!
Also, so very jealous of all of you who own pins. Can not wait to join the club. The bug bit me a year ago, and I’m all in at this point

Yes, you can set ball saves and adjust the length of save time.

JJP will very likely be re-running LEs within the next year, there's too much money on the table not to, so you should be in luck.

#10676 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Going to try to stream my high-risk/high-reward Barbossa strategy now if anyone is interested. https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
Edit - That went well! https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/clip/SarcasticSpeedyAntDendiFace

that is some unreal stacking. truly amazing play!

#10677 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Was it routed? These pins haven’t been out very long unless it has a ton of plays it wouldn’t need a cleaning?

Mine needs cleaning every couple of days. We put 1-2 hrs on it per day.

#10678 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've had mine since March. Looks like it did when I unboxed it. And I've played it a good amount.

#10679 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, you can set ball saves and adjust the length of save time.
JJP will very likely be re-running LEs within the next year, there's too much money on the table not to, so you should be in luck.

I hope you're right!

Reading this thread makes me want an LE! I'm a buyer if they make more!

#10680 4 years ago

Anyone have a quick explanation of how to adjust the spinning disk if it seems a bit angled?

#10681 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've had mine since March. Looks like it did when I unboxed it. And I've played it a good amount.

Really? What’s a good amount?

We do a few dozen games per day (at least) and black flipper dust accumulates on the red rubbers immediately, and leaves trails in the outlanes.
It cleans up fine but this game is definitely a dusty one for us.

#10682 4 years ago

Haven't posted in here in a while. Still loving this game after about a half year.

BUT I got a quick question that I couldn't find an answer to when searching this topic.

Anybody having issues with the Fountain of Youth opto not registering for like 30 percent of the shots? It can be pretty frustrating.
If so, what are the solutions?

Thanks all!

#10683 4 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Haven't posted in here in a while. Still loving this game after about a half year.
BUT I got a quick question that I couldn't find an answer to when searching this topic.
Anybody having issues with the Fountain of Youth opto not registering for like 30 percent of the shots? It can be pretty frustrating.
Thanks all!

I think someone said in one of the threads their opto alignment had shifted. I'd check to see if the two halves are aligned and not loose.

#10684 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Really? What’s a good amount?
We do a few dozen games per day (at least) and black flipper dust accumulates on the red rubbers immediately, and leaves trails in the outlanes.
It cleans up fine but this game is definitely a dusty one for us.

Amen to that. I thought maybe I just didn't clean well but brand new Titan rubbers were black in a few weeks. Wipes right off which is nice.

#10685 4 years ago

Fired up a quick game this morning. Using Karina and on my way to a new GC score and drained.....with extra ball lit.

I actually love the difficulty of that xball shot shot. Sometimes I'll just focus on getting a multi ball started just to have more shots at getting the xball.

#10686 4 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Thanks all!

Keefer posted this a few weeks ago

“Loop logic is getting reworked a little in 1.0, should be more accurate for center loops (inner loop enter gets missed sometimes, not sure why). As far as starting OST, you can cancel the animation immediately and still cash in skill shot. This behavior is unlikely to change.”

#10687 4 years ago

Happy Fathers' Day everyone. I have a quick question about a couple of switches that are showing up closed. I just got the game so haven't had a ton of time to play it but would like to fix this issue before some family come over. The two switches are ship hit targets. I believe they are the ones for the dauntless. The one in the whole and the the one for when you hit the ship. I have only shot that shot once in a game so far so a few questions.

Where do I locate the switches?
Should I turn down the cannon coil a little bit?

Thanks!

#10688 4 years ago

I now have to admit. Originally I thought that the White GI would be fine, but now that I have an LE it is Awesome!

#10689 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Thanks!

Not sure exactly where the switches are, one is an opto inside the ship I believe. This is a pretty common problem, I get those two alerts all the time. And it's 99% likely that you're only getting them because they haven't been hit in a few games. Just pop the glass with those errors up, rock the ship and one should go away, put a ball in Dauntless target hole and it will clear the other, and verify that each is working properly.

While the glass is off you can start a game and test your cannon to make sure a hit is possible. If not there are posts linked either here or in the tech thread on how to align the Dauntless.

#10690 4 years ago

Umm ya that is what one would think right!.. This was an huo, buuut I think it was the neighborhood entertainment

I ask because I only cleaned mine once in 1100 plays. That’s all it needed.

Quoted from zaphX:

That seems excessive! I changed my main flippers and jet bumpers to titan rubber pretty early on. Maybe that’s the difference?

#10691 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I ask because I only cleaned mine once in 1100 plays. That’s all it needed.

That seems excessive! I changed my main flippers and jet bumpers to titan rubber pretty early on. Maybe that’s the difference?

I'm on Titan rubbers too. They get black very quickly after cleaning, and the ball trails show up quickly as well.
Basically I clean the machine any time I remove the glass for whatever reason. At least weekly.

#10692 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Holy crap - Karl DeAngelo is a Pirates GOD!

21 MILLION point shot at 40:30ish on Twitch stream (at link above)!!!

Excellent stream so far! Arrrrr! Thanks Karl!

#10693 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Happy Fathers' Day everyone. I have a quick question about a couple of switches that are showing up closed. I just got the game so haven't had a ton of time to play it but would like to fix this issue before some family come over. The two switches are ship hit targets. I believe they are the ones for the dauntless. The one in the whole and the the one for when you hit the ship. I have only shot that shot once in a game so far so a few questions.
Thanks!

Don't worry about it. It's likely because the game is thinking they're broken because they get hit too infrequently. Go to switch test mode and manually activate them and the error will likely clear.

#10694 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm on Titan rubbers too. They get black very quickly after cleaning, and the ball trails show up quickly as well.
Basically I clean the machine any time I remove the glass for whatever reason. At least weekly.

With the amount of plays accumulating on your machine, what is the most abrasive cleaning you have had to do so far? Any Novus 2 yet?

#10695 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

With the amount of plays accumulating on your machine, what is the most abrasive cleaning you have had to do so far? Any Novus 2 yet?

No Novus 2 and likely will never use it. I clean with Novus 1 applied to a microfiber and wax with P21S applied directly with my fingers.

#10696 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No Novus 2 and likely will never use it. I clean with Novus 1 applied to a microfiber and wax with P21S applied directly with my fingers.

I pretty much do the same thing. Just replace Novus 1 with Mist-N-Shine.

Good to know.

#10697 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Holy crap - Karl DeAngelo is a Pirates GOD!
21 MILLION point shot at 40:30ish on Twitch stream (at link above)!!!
Excellent stream so far! Arrrrr! Thanks Karl!

And I know what I'm watching and or following. Also for whomever put the rules sheet together (thanks) I just skimmed through it and learned a few things I did not know and I've played almost daily for a few months now. For example during multiballs I never specifically went for super jackpots ( I actually dont know what some of them are now that I think of it) and wondered why when I got to wizard modes my points were never that high. According to that sheet super jackpots are essentially your multiplier its corresponding wizard mode. Thats pretty huge when it comes to high scores. Now off to watch some twitch pinball

#10698 4 years ago

No us 2 I don't think is good on these shiny playfields

#10700 4 years ago

Got the shine back after some deep cleaning

2164CD5E-87A5-4D32-AC66-E36F678B3569 (resized).jpeg2164CD5E-87A5-4D32-AC66-E36F678B3569 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/214?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.