(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 378.
#10601 4 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Maybe the compass? Or maybe a skeleton being hanged from the gallows? Or the kraken?

Meh... none of that sounds very ironic or interesting... nor easy to implement in the layout that is needed. I already have the parts on the way for this so going to mess with it.

#10602 4 years ago

I plan to remove the chest for a special mod. Has anybody removed the chest already? Was it difficult? How is it fixed on the playfield and which cables do I have to separate?

Any information is highly welcome.

#10603 4 years ago

Man POTC is crazy. There is so much to do. I love JJP they have so much on the play field to explore and do. Whats up with that pirate that turns around like crazy at the pop bumpers? What is he doing?

Thanks

#10604 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man POTC is crazy. There is so much to do. I love JJP they have so much on the play field to explore and do. Whats up with that pirate that turns around like crazy at the pop bumpers? What is he doing?
Thanks

Partying in Tortuga!

#10605 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Try and hit it from the tip of the right flipper as the ship lists to the left. That works best for me, though it can also be weakly cradled and backhanded from the left.

I can load the cannon but not terribly successful at hitting the target hole in the other ship.

#10606 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I can load the cannon but not terribly successful at hitting the target hole in the other ship.

Practice Practice Practice
It hit it rarely as well, though I don't often get the cannon loaded to try.

#10607 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

gumnut01 directed me to the Yelobird fix a couple of days ago, shorter hex posts to move the target ship up. I tried shim on the shooter ramp, which works, but Yelobird has the best fix. Check to see where the ball is hitting the ship.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/127#post-4908546

#10608 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Make sure everything is in alignment on both ships.

On the SE version I play on-location the cannon has been out of whack since almost day one - to the point that I'm just qualifying Black Pearl multiball using the skillshot advance once the cannon is primed to be loaded. Much easier than having to make 3 missed shots or the rare chance that the cannon shot actually hits as intended.

Its unfortunate but JJP POTC is definitely a game that needs major tweaking/dialing in before it plays 'right"

#10609 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Make sure everything is in alignment on both ships.
On the SE version I play on-location the cannon has been out of whack since almost day one - to the point that I'm just qualifying Black Pearl multiball using the skillshot advance once the cannon is primed to be loaded. Much easier than having to make 3 missed shots or the rare chance that the cannon shot actually hits as intended.
Its unfortunate but JJP POTC is definitely a game that needs major tweaking/dialing in before it plays 'right"

How do you qualify with skill shot to advance? Do you mean the plunge skill shot to the ship entrance?

#10610 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

How do you qualify with skill shot to advance? Do you mean the plunge skill shot to the ship entrance?

From page A-13 of the manual (the section titled “Skill Shots”):
3) Plunge the ball with medium strength to send the ball toward the top of the playfield. If you are able to drop it into the subway entrance, beneath the Black Pearl mini playfield, you are awarded points and one stage of progress toward sinking the Dauntless with the Black Pearl cannon (below, center) and qualifying The Curse of The Black Pearl Multiball. You also get to board the Black Pearl mini playfield in an attempt to further your progress (more on this feature to follow).

#10611 4 years ago

All you SE owners I have a brand new Devil's Triangle I no longer need I put it up for sale here before ebay to give you guys dibs

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “As most of you PIrates owners know, JJP stop selling LE parts for SE owners. I happened to get the last Devil's Triangle, as I had a SE on order but found a used LE locally. So I n...”
2019-06-14
Walnut Creek, CA
89 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 75 times

#10612 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

You can do it while the ship is on, you just remove the top left piece of trim (3 nuts hold it on). The mechanism uses a little pancake coil (like the chest release) with an arm and spring attaching to the cannon load door. The bend of that arm and the strength of the spring basically control the door closed and open position. The problem is there is very little room for adjustment because if you "tighten" it up (bending the arm so the door opens more) the closed position isn't closed enough to prevent the ball from entering. It takes some minor bends in the arm, basically. Just play around with it... make sure the ball is kept out when closed and can get in when open (I was just sliding a ball around with my fingers).

Are you referring to that L bracket you trimmed or something else entirely?

#10613 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Are you referring to that L bracket you trimmed or something else entirely?

That post was adjusting the door/gate to the loading the cannon. Did I reply to the wrong thing?

#10614 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I plan to remove the chest for a special mod. Has anybody removed the chest already? Was it difficult? How is it fixed on the playfield and which cables do I have to separate?
Any information is highly welcome.

Pretty simple.

0. Just unplug everything under the playfield that comes through the hole. It's all easily found right there. Make sure your opto cables are color coded already (most on mine did not have the color marks on the connectors)

1. There is a wood screw into the playfield that is hard to see. If you look down behind the coil that controls the ball release between the chest and the coil you'll see the screw. You need a long phillips bit, magnetic.

2. The right mounting plate is under the chapter select plastic. Just remove the center nut holding the chest bracket to the plate.

Pretty straightforward as long as you can get to that #1 screw.

#10615 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Finished with all but last 2 mods - the mezel decks. Big thanks to Rey from Tilt excellent service. Kraken blades are soooo good. My game is turning into a little pirate haven under glass. Big thanks to yelobird for all his support as well. Helped me out with additional orders and installation. No probs except when the kraken is installed the ball will not travel cleanly under the diverter. The kraken pushes the diverter down a little from its maximum height meaning there is not enough clearance. Discussed it with yelobird who advised me there might be something wrong with my ramp as no other person has the issue. Anyway if your ball does not have enough clearance and nicks the bottom of the diverter as it goes around the maelstrom yelobird helped me devise a simple solution. Find an old bit of pinball plastic. Cut to fit underneath your kraken. Drill a hole in this plastic so you can bolt it down with existing bolt. Then stick kraken on. As you can see from before and after photos fixes the problem. Any issues contact yelobird, very helpful!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine seems to have the ball hit the diverter as well but when I was playing last night I paid attention and it didn't seem like it affected ball travel at all. I assume the ball has enough inertia to move the diverter out of the way that slight amount. Probably not good for ball sheen but the fix looks simple enough.

#10616 4 years ago

Pretty simple.
0. Just unplug everything under the playfield that comes through the hole. It's all easily found right there. Make sure your opto cables are color coded already (most on mine did not have the color marks on the connectors)
1. There is a wood screw into the playfield that is hard to see. If you look down behind the coil that controls the ball release between the chest and the coil you'll see the screw. You need a long phillips bit, magnetic.
2. The right mounting plate is under the chapter select plastic. Just remove the center nut holding the chest bracket to the plate.
Pretty straightforward as long as you can get to that #1 screw.

Thanks a lot for your detailed ! I will try during the weekend.

#10617 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

From page A-13 of the manual (the section titled “Skill Shots”):
3) Plunge the ball with medium strength to send the ball toward the top of the playfield. If you are able to drop it into the subway entrance, beneath the Black Pearl mini playfield, you are awarded points and one stage of progress toward sinking the Dauntless with the Black Pearl cannon (below, center) and qualifying The Curse of The Black Pearl Multiball. You also get to board the Black Pearl mini playfield in an attempt to further your progress (more on this feature to follow).

I guess I was referring to if multiball can be started without the cannon shot?

#10618 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Yes it can. Skill shot the boat 3 times, then make the Port Royal shot. Movie 1 multiball.

#10619 4 years ago

Does anyone have a Devil’s Triangle they would be willing to sell? JJP is being kind of odd about selling any LE toys to SE customers. (Yes I bought the SE a bit late and missed out on a LE unfortunately)

#10620 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Does anyone have a Devil’s Triangle they would be willing to sell? JJP is being kind of odd about selling any LE toys to SE customers. (Yes I bought the SE a bit late and missed out on a LE unfortunately)

Someone just posted one. Marketplace?

#10621 4 years ago

Someone just posted one. Marketplace?

It sold within seconds. I messaged him quick too lol

#10622 4 years ago

Not a guarantee only a suggestion but Matt at Back Alley is the one that Made those for JJP so my guess is you would have better luck buying one from him. Can’t hurt to try?!

#10623 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Or get the load cannon light (green arrow) lit on the Black Pearl and then skill shot to advance it to the next step. Very simple concept. COTBP MB requires steps:
1) Raise Sails (spinners to light stand up targets)
2) Load Cannon (stand up targets to light green arrow)
3) Sink ship (load ball & fire while arrow lit)
4) Shoot Port Royal to start MB (insert flashing)

Whichever step you’re currently on, the skill shot will advance you to the next step.

#10624 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This keeps getting brought up, but it hasn't been sails since the prototypes.

It's catching up to the enemy ship.

#10625 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not a guarantee only a suggestion but Matt at Back Alley is the one that Made those for JJP so my guess is you would have better luck buying one from him. Can’t hurt to try?!

Or see if he wants to make a slightly different version for SE owners so he doesn't piss off JJP by going around them (even though the SE issue is mostly because people had no choice since JJP didn't make enough LEs).

#10626 4 years ago

Ya sorry guys it sold in literally 2 minutes, hopefully JJP will start selling them again to SE owners

#10628 4 years ago

Had some nice prototype items sitting in my mailbox today

0614191525 (resized).jpg0614191525 (resized).jpg
#10629 4 years ago

Had some nice prototype items sitting in my mailbox today[quoted image]

I really like the plastic behind the BP targets. The color needs to match the BP though.

#10630 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Or get the load cannon light (green arrow) lit on the Black Pearl and then skill shot to advance it to the next step. Very simple concept. COTBP MB requires steps:
Whichever step you’re currently on, the skill shot will advance you to the next step.

I'm guessing that the qualifying rules for COTBP are the same as the prototype JJPOTC's. EaglePin is correct with this, but … each qualifying attempt gets a little harder. According to what Eric told me (playing a game with him on a prototype), it's kind of like a 3 point shot in basketball. The 3 point shot is the cannon bulls eye shot that sinks the ship. The other possible qualifiers are worth 1 point - hitting the side of the ship or BP skill shot. For the first COTBP MB you need a total of 3 points with those combinations to be fully qualified for MB. The next COTBP MB you need a total of 4 points. The next 5 points, and so on.

#10631 4 years ago

Had some nice prototype items sitting in my mailbox today[quoted image]

The BP door behind the gold targets looks fantastic! Will this be available on your new site?

#10632 4 years ago

does the brown paper need to be removed for the LE topper?

#10633 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I really like the plastic behind the BP targets. The color needs to match the BP though.

PROTOTYPE!

That's just raw filament. Needs to be sanded, painted and glass put in the window. And LED attached.

Did anyone notice the spinner decal?

#10634 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The BP door behind the gold targets looks fantastic! Will this be available on your new site?

Yup. Trying to not let people order too early, want to make sure we can make them in a viable timeframe. Also wanted to get the stickers in, the first one arrived today.

#10635 4 years ago

PROTOTYPE!
That's just raw filament. Needs to be sanded, painted and glass put in the window. And LED attached.
Did anyone notice the spinner decal?

Yes. It good.

#10636 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Ya sorry guys it sold in literally 2 minutes, hopefully JJP will start selling them again to SE owners

The way they make it sound, this pin will never be made again lol. Better stock up on plastics!

#10637 4 years ago

The way they make it sound, this pin will never be made again lol. Better stock up on plastics!

What sold in minutes

#10638 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

What sold in minutes

Someone was selling a Devil’s Triangle toy from the limited edition. All the SE owners are looking for them and JJP wont sell them to us anymore

#10639 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

yup. this is the progression.

so basically my strategy is just get the green cannon arrow lit. let the ball drop out of the pearl and then lock a ball in the chest to get another skillshot chance and.... voila! a free 'three point shot.'

ezpz Black Pearl multiball.

#10640 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

does the brown paper need to be removed for the LE topper?

Anyone

#10641 4 years ago

Yes. Generally most plastic pieces come with protective paper on both sides.

When you take off your playfield plastics for any maintenance check them for backing paper to remove, mine had it on all of them.

#10642 4 years ago

also thanks to this thread i managed to put up some seriously solid barbossa and norrington games at the brewery tonight (3ish million, wizard modes with norrington, etc).

nice to see the thread have some good old fashioned strategy discussion as opposed to the normal mods/troubleshooting/playfield archival preservation society discussion.

#10643 4 years ago

Mine seems to have the ball hit the diverter as well but when I was playing last night I paid attention and it didn't seem like it affected ball travel at all. I assume the ball has enough inertia to move the diverter out of the way that slight amount. Probably not good for ball sheen but the fix looks simple enough.

I guess fast ball pushes the diverter up and the kraken is on the rubbery sticky things and can move up a couple of mm. It’s the soft shots that might be diverted by the kracken pushing down on the diverter. Anyway thanks for confirming my kraken is not the only one that sits low and pushes the diverter down. With the plastic underneath the kraken still sits properly and the diverter can raise unaffected by this mod. It’s good to see the ball travel smoothly around the maelstrom. The mod does look awesome. As do the kraken blades. Also the flipper covers are ok too.
5CF1E91F-B820-4443-83F1-BFAEAF73C84C (resized).jpeg5CF1E91F-B820-4443-83F1-BFAEAF73C84C (resized).jpeg

#10644 4 years ago

Tossed a coin there.. not sure if I like it
Chest Coin (resized).jpgChest Coin (resized).jpg

Some parts for the topper are in, here is one of the ships.
TopperShip (resized).jpgTopperShip (resized).jpg

Silky felt to protect what comes next...
0614191638 (resized).jpg0614191638 (resized).jpg
Bolt Felt (resized).jpgBolt Felt (resized).jpg

Pretty..
Side art (resized).jpgSide art (resized).jpg

#10645 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Anyway thanks for confirming my kraken is not the only one that sits low and pushes the diverter down. With the plastic underneath the kraken still sits properly and the diverter can raise unaffected by this mod.

My kraken pushed the diverter down quite a bit as well, after install had many more toilet flushes than before. I tilted mine up w/ rubber feet, not ideal, and the kraken still pushes down on the diverter a bit, but shots go around the maelstrom much more consistently now.
IMG_2424 (resized).jpegIMG_2424 (resized).jpeg

#10646 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

My kraken pushed the diverter down quite a bit as well, after install had many more toilet flushes than before. I tilted mine up w/ rubber feet, not ideal, and the kraken still pushes down on the diverter a bit, but shots go around the maelstrom much more consistently now.
[quoted image]

Yelobird tells me that hundreds have this and not a problem. So you must be in the minority with Harry and myself. Give Yelobird a yell. He was very helpful with me.

#10647 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

yelobird tells me that hundreds have this and not a problem. So you must be in the minority with Harry and myself. Give yelobird a yell. He was very helpful with me.

I haven't installed mine yet. Going to do all the mods when I have the time to do the Cliffys also.

#10648 4 years ago

It'll be made again, at least the LE will. Question is will be be shoehorned in between runs this year, or wait until after GnR...

#10649 4 years ago

Tossed a coin there.. not sure if I like it

Coin on the chest obscures the lock. Makes no sense.

#10650 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coin on the chest obscures the lock. Makes no sense.

It's one of those covers that you have to slide out of the way, keeps the gunk out of the mechanism.

Ahhh who cares, the chest doesn't close anyhow!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/213 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.