(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 378.
#10551 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I didn’t realize the topper speed could be adjusted cool I’ll look for setting

Make it 6 not 4 - @pinballmatic is an authority here, I am just an enthusiast with no topper and CE envy

#10552 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Is anyone else seeing Arr Frenzy as a somewhat unbalanced part of scoring? My kids are racking up scores where the Arr Frenzy mode is contributing more than 60% of their points for the game. Now the whole family is just aiming for it and ignoring the rest of the game. It is making the game less interesting in some ways.

I am pleased to report that the problem was found. Apparently the leaf switches behind the left and right rubbers in the chapter selection (Star map) area were set too close. The kids were wondering why they were getting points for hitting the flippers without a ball in play. The flipper movement was enough to close the switches and score points. I gapped the swtiches and they are working properly now. I can see how Argh Frenzy would rack up a lot of points during multiballs if they score each time a flippers is used.

#10553 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Send me a PM if I can further assist. Need to get your game back to Pirating.

Thanks, it's playable. Will check out the sound with glass on and play with backlash

#10554 4 years ago

Lighted chest mod with beating/flashing action. This was a rough and dirty test, I need to fix a few things but it is a general idea of what it can do. Lots of options in terms of how fast and what pattern the beating/flashing is. I think this will work well for the coin mod and a beating heart mod for the inside chest top. Going to work on those soon.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pn2fVthxP7HrSsFq7

#10555 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Some small pieces of black foam insulation would probably tighten up the look of the chest. The space between the "casing" and the mount is huge. I'm gonna experiment with that. I also have an idea for another mod which would finish off the chest.
Anyone interested in a chest coin topper?
(Sample rendering) ... would be "real" metal coins and could come with a RGB LED light with color control dimmer. Doing a mockup shortly.[quoted image]

Interested!!

#10556 4 years ago

Bought 1 of last 40 LE's being made as a filler pin until Wonka....I can tell you that's not happening and couldn't even think of getting rid of Pirates....its here for the long haul and absolutely love it! Pulling my Wonka CE order...

#10557 4 years ago

Lighted chest mod with beating/flashing action. This was a rough and dirty test, I need to fix a few things but it is a general idea of what it can do. Lots of options in terms of how fast and what pattern the beating/flashing is. I think this will work well for the coin mod and a beating heart mod for the inside chest top. Going to work on those soon.

Looks very nice, only yellow as colour does not fit in my opinion, green (as the MB, my preference) or red would be more appropriate.

#10558 4 years ago

I’m not sure how you are connecting it, but we have something similar. Video shows gold, but we can do red or green (or blue, white, purple). We supply a controller that controls the speed of the light, can be lit solid or other modes other than what is shown in the video below.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

#10559 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Looks very nice, only yellow as colour does not fit in my opinion, green (as the MB, my preference) or red would be more appropriate.

Of course I knew someone would comment, I forgot to mention that it was just a quick test. I have it on a RGB dimmer controller which lets you dial in any color.

Quoted from Lermods:

I’m not sure how you are connecting it, but we have something similar. Video shows gold, but we can do red or green (or blue, white, purple). We supply a controller that controls the speed of the light, can be lit solid or other modes other than what is shown in the video below.
https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

I'm using a manual RGB dimmer controller box, no remote (I just figure how often do you change it) with a flicker/beating controller attached to give like 20 options for a flash/beat mode to resemble heart, flickering light, etc. It's a RGB strip so you can dial in any color. I'm wiring up to the 12v spotlights, direct.. it's all 12v.

Looks like I'm doing some sort of chest topper that will be coins or a beating heart, so I'll add a single LED to the underside of the heart to give a beating view to that. Maybe the coins will be semi-transluscent to add a flickering light for "shine" ... working this out now.

#10560 4 years ago

Finished my final run of CE shooters today 8 pc’s, 4 of each version.

This totals 25 produced, and the demand has slowed down lately so this probably was just the right nr to meet it .

I have some raw stock left. Made an LE trading company version, maybe there are others who would like a special character version , if so let me know .

As always comes with matching barrel to fit inside the game .

Pm for more info if needed outside of the dedicated topic for it.

C29B676F-F345-447E-8AC6-30D9587AAB6D (resized).jpegC29B676F-F345-447E-8AC6-30D9587AAB6D (resized).jpeg09245733-2E87-4F04-8013-F934B19E9B34 (resized).jpeg09245733-2E87-4F04-8013-F934B19E9B34 (resized).jpeg68A3B831-AE98-4365-9A76-D56121EB6EE8 (resized).jpeg68A3B831-AE98-4365-9A76-D56121EB6EE8 (resized).jpeg541B3F8C-44D5-4314-A331-4012BAA21915 (resized).jpeg541B3F8C-44D5-4314-A331-4012BAA21915 (resized).jpegEAB10028-7FA3-40D7-9898-1D498417121F (resized).jpegEAB10028-7FA3-40D7-9898-1D498417121F (resized).jpeg743E1896-8B2D-4DA6-A795-FAC8F8B07481 (resized).jpeg743E1896-8B2D-4DA6-A795-FAC8F8B07481 (resized).jpeg742036F4-5F58-443D-8E21-25608200A754 (resized).jpeg742036F4-5F58-443D-8E21-25608200A754 (resized).jpeg52E7A93E-969A-4AC5-A344-A7F0E1781999 (resized).jpeg52E7A93E-969A-4AC5-A344-A7F0E1781999 (resized).jpegB1EE1096-6C1A-4A3C-AE06-C61E93FA8BA4 (resized).jpegB1EE1096-6C1A-4A3C-AE06-C61E93FA8BA4 (resized).jpeg
#10561 4 years ago

Of course I knew someone would comment, I forgot to mention that it was just a quick test. I have it on a RGB dimmer controller which lets you dial in any color.

I'm using a manual RGB dimmer controller box, no remote (I just figure how often do you change it) with a flicker/beating controller attached to give like 20 options for a flash/beat mode to resemble heart, flickering light, etc. It's a RGB strip so you can dial in any color. I'm wiring up to the 12v spotlights, direct.. it's all 12v.
Looks like I'm doing some sort of chest topper that will be coins or a beating heart, so I'll add a single LED to the underside of the heart to give a beating view to that. Maybe the coins will be semi-transluscent to add a flickering light for "shine" ... working this out now.

Just fyi, RGB does not work well on the spotlights, it will constantly reset and look bad. Something in the circuitry causes flicker, which results in a reset for an RGB mod. It looks like that is what is happening in your video.

Love the coins!

#10562 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a 3D topper something like this? It will likely have a background and maybe some text. Obviously some lighting effects.
0511192109 (resized).jpg0511192109 (resized).jpg

Updated with background and text.. HUGE caveat this is a really quick example. I have parts on order to make a prototype.

0511192109 (resized).jpg0511192109 (resized).jpg
#10563 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My SE (build date of March)was delivered yesterday. Unfortunately I’ve only had time for a few games. In the meantime, can anyone sum up what I should address before I really start putting games on the machine? So far I have:
1. Cliffys (on order but long lead time)
2. Washer kit. Which is the best? Just go with JJP’s?
3. Cover or grind protruding t-bolt.
4. Center discs. Maybe install quiet kit.
5. Check to make sure screws are tight. Any common problem areas?
6. Lower sling power
Any other suggestions?

Lower Black Pearl VUK power so it just makes it onto the boat instead of slamming onto it.

#10564 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

This totals 25 produced, and the demand has slowed down lately so this probably was just the right nr to meet it .
I have some raw stock left. Made an LE trading company version, maybe there are others who would like a special character version , if so let me know .
Pm for more info if needed outside of the dedicated topic for it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, those look amazing. Can you still finesse the skill shot with them? Seems like it'd be a lot harder.

How much are they? I forgot...

#10565 4 years ago

Does anyone listen to "Special When Lit" podcast?

The most recent episode they were talking about research someone did, comparing "I'm out" people when the mechs were pulled to owners/enthusiasts/fans now.

They did not name names, but I am definitely on that list. When the mechs were pulled I moved from "buy sight unseen" to "let me play it first." Once I did I ended up getting two.

Anyone else part of the "I'm out!" club that is now hella in?

#10566 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Guilty as charged.

#10567 4 years ago

I never thought the 3 disc was anything special anyway. Didn't bother me they switched to a single.

#10568 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The most recent episode they were talking about research someone did, comparing "I'm out" people when the mechs were pulled to owners/enthusiasts/fans now.
They did not name names, but I am definitely on that list. When the mechs were pulled I moved from "buy sight unseen" to "let me play it first." Once I did I ended up getting two.

Yeah, I was in after TPF 2018, out when the triple spinner was pulled, and then, thankfully, got back in. It is one of the best machines I've played, a huge accomplishment. People have said for a long time there will never be another TZ in terms of complexity and cost to build. JJP has proven that wrong.

#10569 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a 3D topper something like this? It will likely have a background and maybe some text. Obviously some lighting effects.
[quoted image]
Updated with background and text.. HUGE caveat this is a really quick example. I have parts on order to make a prototype.[quoted image]

You have my interest

#10570 4 years ago

One of the biggest complaints of the LE topper is that it’s another skull and bones. The head has skull and bones all over it and even displays it on screen too.

I’d say anything except another skull. My 2 cents!

[quoted image]
Updated with background and text.. HUGE caveat this is a really quick example. I have parts on order to make a prototype.[quoted image]

#10571 4 years ago

[quoted image]

I'm getting this ship in a bottle from Vietnam that will fit in front of the LE topper. I may experiment with a motor to rock it from the back, with waves in front and lighting effects, a sort of copy of the CE.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10572 4 years ago

Yea, the disc silencer kit definitely isn't louder...it's silent.

If you play your game at 20 or above volume, you really shouldn't really be able to hear it at all.

#10573 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

One of the biggest complaints of the LE topper is that it’s another skull and bones. The head has skull and bones all over it and even displays it on screen too.
I’d say anything except another skull. My 2 cents!

Suggestion? I think just ship(s) look boring. I wanted to do the fire effect as part of it ala the ride but too expensive complicated. What else is iconic enough? I guess all the figurines is an option. Maybe an old wooden Arch with the logo on it behind various cannons, steering wheel, etc like you're looking up at the edge of a boat deck?

#10574 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm getting this ship in a bottle from Vietnam that will fit in front of the LE topper. I may experiment with a motor to rock it from the back, with waves in front and lighting effects, a sort of copy of the CE.[quoted image]

Still interested, couldn't find many good options in a nice size for the bottle idea. I think maybe a moving ocean effect like h20 (but updated) could be cool.

#10575 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Pm for more info if needed outside of the dedicated topic for it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow looks like something from a movie.

#10576 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wasn't as hung up over the feature changes as much as the price. When I heard the price was almost 10k shipped, I was like well that sucks, I guess "I'm out". I had pretty much put it in my review mirror and forgot about it. Then months later, I had an opportunity to play a bunch of games on one, and now its in my game room. Unlike most other games out there, this game actually feels like its worth the price it commands.

#10577 4 years ago

I covered up the area behind the BP targets using the Black Pearl Deck mod from Mezel cut down. I think the reason nothing was used in that area is because its easy to bind up one of the spinners. The top rail piece is holding it down. Not really worth cutting up a 38.00 mod, but sometimes you just want to see if something will work.

IMG_7843 (resized).jpgIMG_7843 (resized).jpg
#10578 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I covered up the area behind the BP targets using the Black Pearl Deck mod from Mezel cut down. I think the reason nothing was used in that area is because its easy to bind up one of the spinners. The top rail piece is holding it down. Not really worth cutting up a 38.00 mod, but sometimes you just want to see if something will work.[quoted image]

Genius!

#10579 4 years ago

Did you ever get your prototype across the border? I've got this same deck mod, and haven't installed it yet...

Is your loop firing better with that L bracket trimmed?

#10580 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I think the reason nothing was used in that area is because its easy to bind up one of the spinners. The top rail piece is holding it down. Not really worth cutting up a 38.00 mod, but sometimes you just want to see if something will work.

I ran into that issue as well and it was from simply adding the Mezel top rail (in its intended location). Something moved a bit during install. I had to push things around just slightly to get the left spinner going again. There is almost zero tolerance.

#10581 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

comparing "I'm out" people when the mechs were pulled to owners/enthusiasts/fans now.
When the mechs were pulled I moved from "buy sight unseen" to "let me play it first."

While I wish the chest opened and closed, I do appreciate the 3-disc change for sake of noise, reliability, and gameplay. R&D is an unknown and I didn't want them to wait any longer shipping the game. My interest waned after watching stream after stream. I don't LOVE the theme so went into "wait and see what other games come out..." Then I played it. And when Jack said he was stopping (or likely delaying) POTC production, I panicked. It's a special game and I'm glad I found one NOW.

#10582 4 years ago

LE #278 has made it home. Box is a little dented but I have faith that its all ok.

Putting the SE model on location at my new spot Flip OFF! Arcade. Should be open in next couple months. We will be unboxing this LE for home use then.

Great games like this deserve to be shared publicly and cherished privately.

20190613_164633 (resized).jpg20190613_164633 (resized).jpg
#10583 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When I first started looking at pins several years ago and JJP was new I gave the passing "these new jjp pins are awesome" but playing one in the local pin place it had some issues. I liked the pin a lot but could never afford such a machine. Over the years I would occasionally browse craigslist and such thinking that maybe one day I could find a Solid State cheap enough I could afford and fix up (never happened) fast forward to the beginning of the year and out of the blue mom says there is a guy 5 miles from the house (I live in the country 5 miles is hella close) with a non working pinball machine for $100 bucks. I immediatly say buy it and an hour later I'm driving home with a F-14 TOMCAT. Upon inspection (knowing nothing at the time) I put up my short list of things that needed to be fixed. 1 day later mom wanted to trade it in for something else that was working and her "budget" was stern pro. I told her Ive wanted to fix one up for years and if she wanted to purchase a new machine go ahead, but I still wanted to fix the F-14. I give her the rundown of what I know needs attention (knowing nothing) and it would prolly take me at least several months. 1 day later she informs me that she still would not mind having a new machine but the F-14 needs to be fixed first. Over the next 6 weeks I fully tore down the F-14. Rebuilt all the coils with new diodes and sleeves. Reset inserts installed playfield protector. New main board and rebuilt the power supply. Installed inkognito mod. Rebuilt connectors the whole shebang (no previous knowledge...) And 3-4 days before TPF she was done. During this 6 weeks mom was constantly looking at new machines constantly bringing up the new Munsters machine and if I really thought the mid version was worth it. She looked at JJP but ALWAYS said they were too expensive. So I finish the shop job and the F-14 plays silky smooth fast and brutal just how its supposed to be. I mention that my half of the deal was done and I was going to TPF for a day to play pinball instead of fix pinball (4-6 hours a day for 6 weeks minus time waiting for parts). In all honesty I saw some pics of people setting up and saw a pristine Wh2o that I had to play one of my favorite machines and the local one is pretty shitty (id buy it if it wasnt overpriced) and I still play the hell out of it (ranked 280ish in the world for pinball arcade score). Mom decides she is coming with me (funny how that works) and the Sister joins as well. We get to TPF and play a bunch of stuff. Put some games in on Munsters, Attack from Mars, Monster Bash (top 3 we were intrested in). For the first few hours mom kept bringing up that Munsters was fun but she thought she liked Monster Bash better (fair). And then about 3 hours in she found PotC. From that point forward that was where she was at no matter where I went mom was at PotC waiting in line. I had to remind her that it was a JJP and I still thought the LE was the way to go. I had to find her one to buy the next day (that could be shipped immediatly). So ya in a way we were in the "im out too expensive" but mom thought it was such a great game that it was worth the increased cost. Glad we ended up with a potc. And if we are being honest the code is deep enough that it would rival 2 of the other guys machines. Wow that was a long one

#10584 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Did you ever get your prototype across the border? I've got this same deck mod, and haven't installed it yet...
Is your loop firing better with that L bracket trimmed?

Not yet, only been a few days I have the deck mod too, waiting to install

I've only played a few games, hard to know. I couldn't say for sure if that was an issue.

#10585 4 years ago

Not yet, only been a few days I have the deck mod too, waiting to install
I've only played a few games, hard to know. I couldn't say for sure if that was an issue.

*keeping an eye on your progress!*

#10586 4 years ago

Just joined the club! LE on its way home

16124D56-C4F8-4B5B-AC71-8E1E84456670 (resized).jpeg16124D56-C4F8-4B5B-AC71-8E1E84456670 (resized).jpeg
#10587 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Just joined the club! LE on its way home[quoted image]

Congrats, nice score!!

#10588 4 years ago

Highly recommended tonycip gold coin shooter rod. Goes perfect on my game.

20190613_200148 (resized).jpg20190613_200148 (resized).jpg20190613_200224 (resized).jpg20190613_200224 (resized).jpg
#10589 4 years ago

Soulrider911... Nice score! I'm glad you got some time in on mine.

#10590 4 years ago

Despite all the flaws on this over-hyped game, I got my best score today.

MVIMG_20190613_213437 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190613_213437 (resized).jpg
#10591 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Despite all the flaws on this over-hyped game, I got my best score today.[quoted image]

Good start! Over-hyped? How many games in are you?

#10592 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Good start! Over-hyped? How many games in are you?

Over-hyped

I'd guess 50ish games, I'm still learning what to shoot for. I've only hit the target ship hole once so far... Still learning that one.

#10593 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Over-hyped

I'd guess 50ish games, I'm still learning what to shoot for. I've only hit the target ship hole once so far... Still learning that one.

Try and hit it from the tip of the right flipper as the ship lists to the left. That works best for me, though it can also be weakly cradled and backhanded from the left.

#10594 4 years ago

A few things ... the chest is much easier to hit when it is screwed down all the way and the bracket isn't broken. For anyone wondering, ALL of my blue plastics (any that are blue shaded) had the back covering on them (sort of like masking tape, comes on most plastics).

The STDM drain from the chapter select isn't the only thing a ball save would help with there. I had a few drains tonight which bounces off the GOLD targets and right down the I lane when the chapter select post went down.

Apparently I have not had a very well functioning cannon load door this whole time. Out of curosity I messed with it while I had the BP out and low and behold it wasn't opening all the way. I have to say, that mech is a little junky.. it reminds me of the WOZ castle doors. Just seems like the wrong kind of lever to accomplish what is needed there. It's quite touchy to adjust.

Arrrr... colored me nuts! (and screws) ... almost the whole mod couple collection going on here!
0613190909 (resized).jpg0613190909 (resized).jpg

Cool lock bar decoration
0613190901 (resized).jpg0613190901 (resized).jpg

So where do these two washers go? Found on the bottom of my cabinet. I thought they were for the pin that connects the BP to the link arm but I can't find the post that talks about that. Seems like that is the right size.
0613192006 (resized).jpg0613192006 (resized).jpg

Red chest
0613192041a_HDR (resized).jpg0613192041a_HDR (resized).jpg

RGB strip color changing video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vk1h8W3whQDMxjTW9

RGB strip thumping and flashing modes (it was hard to hold the camera and adjust the mode and speed, just watch for a bit and you'll see it go through some cycles: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yEd1y4y2dgac1FD8A

I think that is what I might use for the beating heart in the chest mod.

#10595 4 years ago

Suggestion? I think just ship(s) look boring. I wanted to do the fire effect as part of it ala the ride but too expensive complicated. What else is iconic enough? I guess all the figurines is an option. Maybe an old wooden Arch with the logo on it behind various cannons, steering wheel, etc like you're looking up at the edge of a boat deck?

Maybe the compass? Or maybe a skeleton being hanged from the gallows? Or the kraken?

#10596 4 years ago

Finished with all but last 2 mods - the mezel decks. Big thanks to Rey from Tilt excellent service. Kraken blades are soooo good. My game is turning into a little pirate haven under glass. Big thanks to Yelobird for all his support as well. Helped me out with additional orders and installation. No probs except when the kraken is installed the ball will not travel cleanly under the diverter. The kraken pushes the diverter down a little from its maximum height meaning there is not enough clearance. Discussed it with Yelobird who advised me there might be something wrong with my ramp as no other person has the issue. Anyway if your ball does not have enough clearance and nicks the bottom of the diverter as it goes around the maelstrom Yelobird helped me devise a simple solution. Find an old bit of pinball plastic. Cut to fit underneath your kraken. Drill a hole in this plastic so you can bolt it down with existing bolt. Then stick kraken on. As you can see from before and after photos fixes the problem. Any issues contact @yelobird, very helpful!!

0017449D-E5BC-4158-9739-C357237E3D24 (resized).jpeg0017449D-E5BC-4158-9739-C357237E3D24 (resized).jpeg37828725-82B2-44D3-BB3F-F76D16FF97A4 (resized).jpeg37828725-82B2-44D3-BB3F-F76D16FF97A4 (resized).jpeg29449973-1978-4C3F-A843-975EE9012502 (resized).jpeg29449973-1978-4C3F-A843-975EE9012502 (resized).jpegBD3CB53B-4EFC-41BB-84B3-C6BC6D83C198 (resized).jpegBD3CB53B-4EFC-41BB-84B3-C6BC6D83C198 (resized).jpegC82C521E-A438-463C-9216-43388A8B2A54 (resized).jpegC82C521E-A438-463C-9216-43388A8B2A54 (resized).jpeg
#10597 4 years ago

A few things ... the chest is much easier to hit when it is screwed down all the way and the bracket isn't broken. For anyone wondering, ALL of my blue plastics (any that are blue shaded) had the back covering on them (sort of like masking tape, comes on most plastics).
The STDM drain from the chapter select isn't the only thing a ball save would help with there. I had a few drains tonight which bounces off the GOLD targets and right down the I lane when the chapter select post went down.
Apparently I have not had a very well functioning cannon load door this whole time. Out of curosity I messed with it while I had the BP out and low and behold it wasn't opening all the way. I have to say, that mech is a little junky.. it reminds me of the WOZ castle doors. Just seems like the wrong kind of lever to accomplish what is needed there. It's quite touchy to adjust.
Arrrr... colored me nuts! (and screws) ... almost the whole mod couple collection going on here!
[quoted image]
Cool lock bar decoration
[quoted image]
So where do these two washers go? Found on the bottom of my cabinet. I thought they were for the pin that connects the BP to the link arm but I can't find the post that talks about that. Seems like that is the right size.
[quoted image]
Red chest
[quoted image]
RGB strip color changing video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vk1h8W3whQDMxjTW9
RGB strip thumping and flashing modes (it was hard to hold the camera and adjust the mode and speed, just watch for a bit and you'll see it go through some cycles: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yEd1y4y2dgac1FD8A
I think that is what I might use for the beating heart in the chest mod.

WHAT? You promised in your complete game overhaul you were going to change out the pop rings to a different color to motivate me to do the same! Just don't love the white rings and thought you were going to change them to black or other. I need a visual for the motivation lol.

#10598 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

WHAT? You promised in your complete game overhaul you were going to change out the pop rings to a different color to motivate me to do the same! Just don't love the white rings and thought you were going to change them to black or other. I need a visual for the motivation lol.

Sigh..... Package with one part isn't arriving until Monday. But I'm not changing out just the rings

#10599 4 years ago

Harry what did you adjust for BP door? I'll have mine off this weekend doing rubbers and fixing my map cliffy.

#10600 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Harry what did you adjust for BP door? I'll have mine off this weekend doing rubbers and fixing my map cliffy.

You can do it while the ship is on, you just remove the top left piece of trim (3 nuts hold it on). The mechanism uses a little pancake coil (like the chest release) with an arm and spring attaching to the cannon load door. The bend of that arm and the strength of the spring basically control the door closed and open position. The problem is there is very little room for adjustment because if you "tighten" it up (bending the arm so the door opens more) the closed position isn't closed enough to prevent the ball from entering. It takes some minor bends in the arm, basically. Just play around with it... make sure the ball is kept out when closed and can get in when open (I was just sliding a ball around with my fingers).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/212?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.