(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 378.
#10501 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I've been meaning to stream this strategy before v1.0 comes. Maybe I'll get the equipment setup this week for a stream.

That would be cool - your other Pirate streams on Twitch have now expired!

How many wizard modes did you get to in your 19M point game?

#10502 4 years ago

And I never got most of them up on YouTube, ugh. So much video work to do...

Only 1 wizard mode!

#10503 4 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

... I had to adjust the rear legs. So........I got on all fours.......went under the machine then lifted with my shoulders / back then adjusted one leg at a time. I'm pretty sure there are better methods.

I have a penguin lift for moving my games around, but when it comes to adjusting leg levelers, most of the time I just get down on all fours and lift the game temporarily with my back. Kills my knees if I do a bunch of games, but it's fast and effective.

#10504 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

And I never got most of them up on YouTube, ugh. So much video work to do...
Only 1 wizard mode!

We appreciate your high quality streams all the same Karl - thanks!

One wizard mode only is surprising. You must have had some really MEGA scoring multiballs with Barbossa!

#10505 4 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Well I had this same issue. I was too impatient to wait for help. I had to adjust the rear legs. So........I got on all fours.......went under the machine then lifted with my shoulders / back then adjusted one leg at a time. I'm pretty sure there are better methods.

Pry bar under the flat part on the bottom of the leg is one option. Lift cart is another. Car jack also works.

#10506 4 years ago

Man, this figure is way cooler than the other one.. but dat price.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071J4P7CM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

#10507 4 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Well I had this same issue. I was too impatient to wait for help. I had to adjust the rear legs. So........I got on all fours.......went under the machine then lifted with my shoulders / back then adjusted one leg at a time. I'm pretty sure there are better methods.

I built a very simple device. A 4x4 about 6 inches longer than height of front, nailed to a piece of wood, like a foot by a foot. Then nailed in old piece of carpet on the end of the 4x4...lift up front end and put on the piece of wood. Did same for the back, needing a longer 4x4.

#10508 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Here is the bashing the VUK does on the ship if it is turned up too high. The right opto is broken (cracked in half, wires broken off) and the lower screw is bashed all to crap. It was perilous removing it, thought I might have to grind it. Reminds me of the screws on the WOZ Castle doors, had to dremel two of those in my life so far. You can see it is also bashing the lower metal support. If that was just a bit taller it probably would have prevented the broken opto.[quoted image][quoted image]

The screws are long enough that a metal cage can probably be fashioned to protect that opto on the back side.

#10509 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The screws are long enough that a metal cage can probably be fashioned to protect that opto on the back side.

Already working on a better solution: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-black-pearl-center-spinner-stand-up-target-cover-

#10510 4 years ago

Any idea what this plastic is for? It's included on the sheet of replacement plastics.

0612191028a (resized).jpg0612191028a (resized).jpg
#10511 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Until v1.0 ... Barbossa is king [quoted image]

WOW!

With all due respect, that score looks fake...

#10512 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

WOW!
With all due respect, that score looks fake...

You obviously have never seen him play on streams. He is a fantastic player.

#10513 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

You obviously have never seen him play on streams. He is a fantastic player.

Man Beast with pinball flipper hands is more like it.

He commands this game so calmly, and details gameplay while blowing up his score.

Any idea what this plastic is for? It's included on the sheet of replacement plastics.[quoted image]

Was that in some way the extra plastic shield for the star map?

#10514 4 years ago

Yea. I guess not.

I mean...that's cool.

I have never seen a score even close to that high. I thought 6M was pretty much breaking the game.

I don't tend to watch pinball streams outside of SDTM. I'd prefer to play instead and I think every high score set on an individual machine is unique in it's own right given no two machines will necessarily play exactly the same.

But if you understand the code and can aim, then high scores seem inevitable on ANY pin.

#10515 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

... I don't tend to watch pinball streams outside of SDTM. I'd prefer to play instead and I think every high score set on an individual machine is unique in it's own right given no two machines will necessarily play exactly the same. ...

Karl's (iepinball) POTC streams are worth making time for. Not only is the quality of the screen displays and gameplay topnotch, you'll learn a lot about rules, strategy, and flipper skills.

#10516 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Was that in some way the extra plastic shield for the star map?

Don't think so. Holes don't look like they'd line up and it's too small.

#10517 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Karl's (iepinball) POTC streams are worth making time for. Not only is the quality of the screen displays and gameplay topnotch, you'll learn a lot about rules, strategy, and flipper skills.

One of the best to watch for sure.

#10518 4 years ago

Why a blue rubber in the chest? I mean, come on.. blue?! Ironically, coincidentally, I have the exact same rubber in black. And the foam. Yay!

Installing LED lighting on the chest now, almost back together. Optos in the BP swapped, cable protection on. Cliffys installed. Angle bracket cut. Going to do the t-nut, depths cliffy and the map silencer next. Then maybe I get to play!

Video, ball doesn't hit bracket anymore. The sound you hear (and I was investigating while filming) is the ball dropping off the magnet mylar. I made sure of it. https://photos.app.goo.gl/kL4BByhsvjtVctnk8

0612191425 (resized).jpg0612191425 (resized).jpg0612191425a (resized).jpg0612191425a (resized).jpg
#10519 4 years ago

Why a blue rubber in the chest? I mean, come on.. blue?! Ironically, coincidentally, I have the exact same rubber in black. And the foam. Yay!

Yah that chest is sort of a nightmare for us OCD types. I'm trying to figure out how I can conceal that small LED board that's stands out in plain view as well. Replacing the blue rubber is an easier win. I need to order one of those in black.

#10520 4 years ago

Installing LED lighting on the chest now, almost back together. Optos in the BP swapped, cable protection on. Cliffys installed. Angle bracket cut. Going to do the t-nut, depths cliffy and the map silencer next. Then maybe I get to play!
Video, ball doesn't hit bracket anymore. The sound you hear (and I was investigating while filming) is the ball dropping off the magnet mylar. I made sure of it. https://photos.app.goo.gl/kL4BByhsvjtVctnk8[quoted image][quoted image]

I may have missed - did you end up grinding down the edge of that bracket? I had noticed that bracket protruding into lane as well and thought about shaving it down a bit.

#10521 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah that chest is sort of a nightmare for us OCD types. I'm trying to figure out how I can conceal that small LED board that's stands out in plain view as well. Replacing the blue rubber is an easier win. I need to order one of those in black.

Some small pieces of black foam insulation would probably tighten up the look of the chest. The space between the "casing" and the mount is huge. I'm gonna experiment with that. I also have an idea for another mod which would finish off the chest.

Anyone interested in a chest coin topper?

(Sample rendering) ... would be "real" metal coins and could come with a RGB LED light with color control dimmer. Doing a mockup shortly.

0424191704 (resized).jpg0424191704 (resized).jpg
#10522 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

I may have missed - did you end up grinding down the edge of that bracket? I had noticed that bracket protruding into lane as well and thought about shaving it down a bit.

Yup, that pic is after grinding. I took off about 1/4"

#10523 4 years ago

RGB LED lighting installed (stealth!), black foam and black rubber nub installed.
0612191614 (resized).jpg0612191614 (resized).jpg

#10524 4 years ago

I would be interested in a mod for the chest...

#10525 4 years ago

MAN.. LE prices are going UP! Who's going to pay the first $11.5k for a LE?

#10526 4 years ago

Some small pieces of black foam insulation would probably tighten up the look of the chest. The space between the "casing" and the mount is huge. I'm gonna experiment with that. I also have an idea for another mod which would finish off the chest.
Anyone interested in a chest coin topper?
(Sample rendering) ... would be "real" metal coins and could come with a RGB LED light with color control dimmer. Doing a mockup shortly.[quoted image]

Forget coins- logical disconnect from the franchise- make it a creepy interactive beating heart like the movie, and have it light up and beat only when Multiball is ready/active.

#10527 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Forget coins- logical disconnect from the franchise- make it a creepy interactive beating heart like the movie, and have it light up and beat only when Multiball is ready/active.

Not really feasible with JJP lighting system. At least not at my skill level or interest. Actually, I don't think it's even easily possible since there is no "multiball" light that exists. There is a treasure chest with gold coins on the ride.. I think it's pretty well within theme if not 100% movie accurate.

#10528 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

Thank you VERY much! I had not noticed that LED before. Maybe that’s the reason why they made the bumper blue as a diversion!

Excerpt from chest design meeting:

“How are we going to hide that LED circuit board?”

“Maybe we could make the rubber stop in the chest such an ugly distracting colour that people will not even notice the circuit board and wires”

“Brilliant! Problem solved people!”

Sigh, now that’s 2 things to bother me.....

#10529 4 years ago

Video, ball doesn't hit bracket anymore. The sound you hear (and I was investigating while filming) is the ball dropping off the magnet mylar. I made sure of it. https://photos.app.goo.gl/kL4BByhsvjtVctnk8[quoted image][quoted image]

Question is - once it’s back together are the loop shots now silky smooth?

#10530 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I've been meaning to stream this strategy before v1.0 comes. Maybe I'll get the equipment setup this week for a stream.

would be very interested to see. especially in that amount of game time!

gg.

Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea. I guess not.
I mean...that's cool.
I have never seen a score even close to that high. I thought 6M was pretty much breaking the game.
I don't tend to watch pinball streams outside of SDTM. I'd prefer to play instead and I think every high score set on an individual machine is unique in it's own right given no two machines will necessarily play exactly the same.
But if you understand the code and can aim, then high scores seem inevitable on ANY pin.

there are players that are so far beyond your (and my) skill that its downright unworldly. and they will absolutely destroy on any game, regardless of how its setup, given the chance to get familiar with a machine.

its best to just accept it and move on lol.

#10531 4 years ago

Hey iepinball any idea when the INDISC finals will be uploaded to YouTube? It would be interesting to watch how some of the top players play POTC in a tournament.

Killer score btw!!

#10532 4 years ago

What’s your favourite Multiball? Mine is:

1) OST
2) Tortuga
3) DMC
4) DMTNT
5) AWE
6) TCOTBP

What order are you best at? I be:

1) AWE
2) Tortuga
3) OST
4) DMTNT
5) DMC
6) TCOTBP

What’s your favourite to activate?
Mine is:

1) TCOTBP
2) Tortuga
3) DMC
4) OST
5) DMTNT
6) AWE

at worlds end just seems to happen. Don’t consciously trigger it. Still a great Multiball.

Is a fun game. Let me know what order you find multiballs.

#10533 4 years ago

I’ve been playing scrum a lot, with bonus hold and female character spot you can really go deep! Got all wizards done then come to find out the final wizard mode isn’t coded yet

ACFC4A60-711C-47DC-AEDB-E06341F2C3F5 (resized).jpegACFC4A60-711C-47DC-AEDB-E06341F2C3F5 (resized).jpeg
#10534 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Hey troz any idea when the INDISC finals will be uploaded to YouTube? It would be interesting to watch how some of the top players play POTC in a tournament.

I'm editing them still. Lots of audio sync issues and also doing some color correction. Hopefully by the end of the month. Just need to stop playing so much pirates!

#10535 4 years ago

Thanks for all the great stuff you do, Karl!

#10536 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'm editing them still. Lots of audio sync issues and also doing some color correction. Hopefully by the end of the month. Just need to stop playing so much pirates!

Great stream tonight Karl! Just wish I were half as good as you. Love watching, laid back and very approachable to questions in stream

#10537 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Question is - once it’s back together are the loop shots now silky smooth?

It's back together!

Something is weird with the chest gate (wireform). I thought I had it on right (it seems like it really can only go one way) but balls keep getting rejected. When I move it out of the way I can make the shot no problem. I tried bending it all kinds of ways.. it's a weird design, easily gets caught on the upper "fork" of the chest bracket. But still, even when it freely moves I couldn't get a shot up there. Odd. Doesn't seem to need it really, I played a few games and never had a ball kick back out.

Hard to say about the loops..lots of things changed. As far as I could tell none of the right orbit shots got kicked in to the BP. I definitely still had an inner loop shot do it, but still can't 100% tell if it is the magnet or not. Need some more playtime.

Did the disc silence mod... seems louder now. Anyone mess with the tightness of the gears? I was wondering if maybe they weren't so snug it would be quieter.

Here's the chest with the foam... phone died, no better shot. Looks great with the playfield down. Ran out of time to wire up the LED strip that is in there.

0612191913 (resized).jpg0612191913 (resized).jpg
#10538 4 years ago

It's back together!
Something is weird with the chest gate (wireform). I thought I had it on right (it seems like it really can only go one way) but balls keep getting rejected. When I move it out of the way I can make the shot no problem. I tried bending it all kinds of ways.. it's a weird design, easily gets caught on the upper "fork" of the chest bracket. But still, even when it freely moves I couldn't get a shot up there. Odd. Doesn't seem to need it really, I played a few games and never had a ball kick back out.
Hard to say about the loops..lots of things changed. As far as I could tell none of the right orbit shots got kicked in to the BP. I definitely still had an inner loop shot do it, but still can't 100% tell if it is the magnet or not. Need some more playtime.
Did the disc silence mod... seems louder now. Anyone mess with the tightness of the gears? I was wondering if maybe they weren't so snug it would be quieter.
Here's the chest with the foam... phone died, no better shot. Looks great with the playfield down. Ran out of time to wire up the LED strip that is in there.[quoted image]

Did you apply the grease and set the gears as noted?

#10539 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you apply the grease and set the gears as noted?

Yup. That's why I was asking if it might be worth loosening the tension on it a bit. Maybe a bit less mesh might help with gear on gear friction. Or maybe a lower viscosity lubricant?

I'm gonna try some things. First, put the glass back on and direct compare... Need a good baseline.

#10540 4 years ago

Yup. That's why I was asking if it might be worth loosening the tension on it a bit. Maybe a bit less mesh might help with gear on gear friction. Or maybe a lower viscosity lubricant?
I'm gonna try some things. First, put the glass back on and direct compare... Need a good baseline.

I have fitted 2 of these kits now to different games and both times I had to play around with the gear backlash to quieten it down

#10541 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I’m new to potc and I just played a few games . The ball has gotten stuck three times already right after launch right under the black pearl somewhere . Search function does nothing . Then I have to behind the machine lift it a bit then it pops out from the right door on the black pearl . Anyone have a fix for this ?

Leveling my pin fixed this issue just in case someone else has this problem. Now to play! It looks like there is lots to do and learn! Can't wait!
I asked this before, but does anyone think the CE topper needs maintenance.. mine makes a creaking noise, maybe some lube?

#10542 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Leveling my pin fixed this issue just in case someone else has this problem. Now to play! It looks like there is lots to do and learn! Can't wait!
I asked this before, but does anyone think the CE topper needs maintenance.. mine makes a creaking noise, maybe some lube?

I think the main fix is to drop the speed on it to 4 or so.

#10543 4 years ago

Turn the speed down on the CE topper to 6 or so.

#10544 4 years ago

My SE (build date of March)was delivered yesterday. Unfortunately I’ve only had time for a few games. In the meantime, can anyone sum up what I should address before I really start putting games on the machine? So far I have:

1. Cliffys (on order but long lead time)
2. Washer kit. Which is the best? Just go with JJP’s?
3. Cover or grind protruding t-bolt.
4. Center discs. Maybe install quiet kit.
5. Check to make sure screws are tight. Any common problem areas?
6. Lower sling power

Any other suggestions?

#10545 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My SE (build date of March)was delivered yesterday. Unfortunately I’ve only had time for a few games. In the meantime, can anyone sum up what I should address before I really start putting games on the machine? So far I have:
6. Lower sling power
Any other suggestions?

Check ball launch does not go SDTM. you may need to adjust top left flipper so that it feeds to right lower flipper.

#10546 4 years ago

Send me a PM if I can further assist. Need to get your game back to Pirating.

#10547 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

6. Lower sling power
Any other suggestions?

I don’t think disc is that loud. My t nut hardly stuck out, also ball hits deflector above scoop first. Check black pearl or ship VUK power. Default is 32, turn it down to say 20. You want it at the lowest setting it needs to launch up to the pearl. JJP admit that it’s too strong and smashes the optos behind the pearls spinners. They have now produced a shield to protect against this. Have fun! Awesome game. Congrats.

#10548 4 years ago

This pin is one of the most physical I've ever played! Between the left and right outlane saves, the slide-save battle against center drains, and the fact that it weights a ton, I may be getting too old to play pinball!

#10549 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

This pin is one of the most physical I've ever played! Between the left and right outlane saves, the slide-save battle against center drains, and the fact that it weights a ton, I may be getting too old to play pinball!

It really is! On the plus side, after working out on a POTC for a while, you can toss around Sterns like toys.

#10550 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think the main fix is to drop the speed on it to 4 or so.

I didn’t realize the topper speed could be adjusted cool I’ll look for setting

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/211?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.