(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 378.
#10451 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So the t-nut issue is only in the back left corner?

Yes. My approach was to simply keep the ball off of the t-nut. Pulling it out and grinding it may bring a new set of problems.

#10452 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hey no offense but nobody is forcing you to read the other thread.

Let it go - I never said that anyways.

#10453 4 years ago

I’m pissed!

#10454 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m pissed!

You don't have to advertise your day drinking.

#10455 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Let it go - I never said that anyways.

Sorry for the sarcasm.

#10456 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't have to advertise your day drinking.

It’s always 5’o clock somewhere

#10457 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sorry for the sarcasm.

It’s all good man! I’m just in the honeymoon phase still

#10458 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This is what I used. It is a firm rubber piece that is kind of a protective footer. It has self-adhesive on the back. Seems to be doing the trick for now as it at least covers up in the initial contact with the t-nut.
[quoted image][quoted image]

great idea!!!! No bounce outs?

#10459 4 years ago

Who wants a Congo in trade for a Pirates? Never said even so dont jump on my ass.

#10460 4 years ago

Decals I have been working on..

BP standup targets:
Checkout_-_StickerApp (resized).jpgCheckout_-_StickerApp (resized).jpg
Checkout_-_StickerApp2 (resized).jpgCheckout_-_StickerApp2 (resized).jpg

StandupGold1 (resized).jpgStandupGold1 (resized).jpgStandupGold2 (resized).jpgStandupGold2 (resized).jpg

Ignore left one, early sample
Standup-Stickers (resized).jpgStandup-Stickers (resized).jpg

BP Load Cannon standups:
Load3 (resized).jpgLoad3 (resized).jpg

BP Spinners
DoorFinal (resized).jpgDoorFinal (resized).jpg

The Depths spinner
Depths1 (resized).jpgDepths1 (resized).jpg
Depths3 (resized).jpgDepths3 (resized).jpg

Waiting on some production samples and will have them available for order soon. Going to coincide with the standup target window & vuk armor piece being developed. Also working on the starmap plastic replacement still.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-black-pearl-center-spinner-stand-up-target-cover-

#10461 4 years ago

Check your plastics for backing paper when doing any sort of maintenance.

0611192006 (resized).jpg0611192006 (resized).jpg
#10462 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Check your plastics for backing paper when doing any sort of maintenance.[quoted image]

Wow u mean to say they “forgot” to remove that from the factory?

#10463 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Wow u mean to say they “forgot” to remove that from the factory?

Yup. 3 plastics so far.

Not to mention all of the loose screws I've come across. Nothing about the spinners on the BP was screwed down all the way. The chest wasn't screwed down all the way (caused the bracket to break). It's a bit of a game now to me, what else can I see that isn't quite right.

#10464 4 years ago

"Blued out" ... too much OCD so I'm matching nut colors to plastics.

It really fucks with my brain that I can't find colored washers. I have some more narrow nylon ones coming so they won't be seen.
0611192102 (1) (resized).jpg0611192102 (1) (resized).jpg

#10465 4 years ago

So I emailed JJP today about buying some of the toys for the SE...I was told only LE/CE customers are allowed to buy any upgraded parts from those machines. Quite sad about it..I only wanted the Devil’s Triangle and the Spinning Tom LoL. The good news is they did sell me the shaker motor!

#10466 4 years ago

My game is missing the target boat hole by striking to the right of the hole. A little shim to the cannon launch ramp with metallic tape worked better—but is the better solution to take the boat apart and move the cannon ramp? Otherwise, flawless game with no other adjustments. I did increase the flipper and sling power, moved the post rubber to bounce into escape the locker better, and added a couple of tilt warnings.

20F65B3E-4682-40CC-94D8-F7AAC00A6012 (resized).jpeg20F65B3E-4682-40CC-94D8-F7AAC00A6012 (resized).jpeg
#10467 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

My game is missing the target boat hole by striking to the right of the hole. A little shim to the cannon launch ramp with metallic tape worked better—but is the better solution to take the boat apart and move the cannon ramp? Otherwise, flawless game with no other adjustments. I did increase the flipper and sling power, moved the post rubber to bounce into escape the locker better, and added a couple of tilt warnings.[quoted image]

Check the troubleshooting thread. I followed a post to put shorter hex posts on the dauntless, bringing it closer to the back of the playfield. I just used the thinner Marco ones.

#10468 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

So I emailed JJP today about buying some of the toys for the SE...I was told only LE/CE customers are allowed to buy any upgraded parts from those machines. Quite sad about it..I only wanted the Devil’s Triangle and the Spinning Tom LoL. The good news is they did sell me the shaker motor!

Why dont you just say you have the le and the toy broke when you polished it?

#10469 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

My game is missing the target boat hole by striking to the right of the hole. A little shim to the cannon launch ramp with metallic tape worked better—but is the better solution to take the boat apart and move the cannon ramp? Otherwise, flawless game with no other adjustments. I did increase the flipper and sling power, moved the post rubber to bounce into escape the locker better, and added a couple of tilt warnings.[quoted image]

Sorry it’s in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/127#post-4908546

I think a few of us just used the thinner ones with the m-f.

Check out 02-4825-20 from Marco.

#10470 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry it’s in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/127#post-4908546
I think a few of us just used the thinner ones with the m-f.
Check out 02-4825-20 from Marco.

Totally forgot about the troubleshooting thread, thanks!

#10471 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

They know by your serial #

#10472 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I had the same issue, make sure the shooter lane rails are parallel. Check my post in the troubleshooting index for more details - they’ve got to be even and hugging the channel. If really bad the ball wont plunge without smacking the post. Another symptom is auto plunge failures.

#10473 4 years ago

Why has no pinside staff rated this game? It looks like they rated the prototype only? Just can’t understand. The game has now been in the top 10 for months, yet nothing.

Just Saying!

#10474 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

dts For the issue with the ball bouncing off the Escape the Locker Room post, take a close look at your shooter lane wire ramp. It's surprising how bad of an issue this small deformity caused me. Here's the post that contains a video of the issue symptoms and images of my wire ramp before and after.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/21#post-4991721

#10475 4 years ago

Anyone have a good idea of how to block the ball from getting off the pf after it drops from the ship? Doesn't happen often but the ball can actually bounce up and over and rest on the back right plastic.

#10476 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone have a good idea of how to block the ball from getting off the pf after it drops from the ship? Doesn't happen often but the ball can actually bounce up and over and rest on the back right plastic.

Not sure I understand but I think I do. Do you mean after bailing off of the right of the bp the ball sometimes gets stuck between the man overboard and the shooter wireform. I added another rubber bumper to the man overboard area to make it more difficult for it to happen. Have not got one ball stuck there since. Oh and if it is man overboard we are talking about that is actually a metal plate with sticker on it not plastic.

#10477 4 years ago

Ok this machine is heavy. Whats the easiest way for me to lift it to adjust the feet on the legs. I think the incline needs adjustments. Any tips ?

#10479 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

dts For the issue with the ball bouncing off the Escape the Locker Room post, take a close look at your shooter lane wire ramp. It's surprising how bad of an issue this small deformity caused me. Here's the post that contains a video of the issue symptoms and images of my wire ramp before and after.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/21#post-4991721

Thank you! My autolaunch is actually perfect. I just wanted to escape the locker into the shooter lane more easily, so I moved the post rubber to the other post, which was bare for some reason. I'm guessing on purpose for owners to adjust the ease of saving the ball.

#10480 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Thank you! My autolaunch is actually perfect. I just wanted to escape the locker into the shooter lane more easily, so I moved the post rubber to the other post, which was bare for some reason. I'm guessing on purpose for owners to adjust the ease of saving the ball.

My mistake here, I didn't read your post and focused on the screenshot. Yes, the rubber is optional, as shipped it's bare on the left rubber on the right. Many people move it to the left as you did, and some install it on both (there is a spare in the goodie bag for this.)

I've been running both and I'm happy with the challenge/reward level.

#10481 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Eric had all of the original prototypes without any rubbers on the out lane posts. At the time he had said it would ship with a rubber on the right side mostly for the purpose of location pins, but he preferred it without any. That's the way we setup ours - the way the game designer liked it. Right side - too hard to save. Left side - maybe a little too easy to save. None - just right.

#10482 4 years ago

Is anyone else seeing Arr Frenzy as a somewhat unbalanced part of scoring? My kids are racking up scores where the Arr Frenzy mode is contributing more than 60% of their points for the game. Now the whole family is just aiming for it and ignoring the rest of the game. It is making the game less interesting in some ways.

#10483 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Is anyone else seeing Arr Frenzy as a somewhat unbalanced part of scoring? My kids are racking up scores where the Arr Frenzy mode is contributing more than 60% of their points for the game. Now the whole family is just aiming for it and ignoring the rest of the game. It is making the game less interesting in some ways.

Well, it's kind of hard to launch it...and when it's up, it's hard to hit the spinners to maximize it. I think it's balanced well!

One of the cool things about the game is the multiple ways to attack. Maybe you want to maximize multiballs and jackpots, maybe you want to go for chapters and wizards, maybe you want to try for Argh Frenzy and spin your way to the high score list.

One thing I have found over time is that focusing on one approach only gets you so far - eventually people start looking at the other ways to attack. It'll work itself out!

#10484 4 years ago

I've been playing with Pintel the past few days to try stacking Arrg Frenzy with multiballs. Had some good success with it. But my highest score has come with Angelica, at around 1.3M.

#10485 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

We changed the Arrrr Frenzy setting so it doesn't become available until the fifth round of Pirate lanes (by default it's available in the third).

#10486 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Eric had all of the original prototypes without any rubbers on the out lane posts. At the time he had said it would ship with a rubber on the right side mostly for the purpose of location pins, but he preferred it without any. That's the way we setup ours - the way the game designer liked it. Right side - too hard to save. Left side - maybe a little too easy to save. None - just right.

That's great to know, I'll remove the rubber--after some more practice!

#10487 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yeah, they'd never fall for that.

JJP tries hard to help. Please don't abuse it.

LTG : )

#10488 4 years ago

Here is the bashing the VUK does on the ship if it is turned up too high. The right opto is broken (cracked in half, wires broken off) and the lower screw is bashed all to crap. It was perilous removing it, thought I might have to grind it. Reminds me of the screws on the WOZ Castle doors, had to dremel two of those in my life so far. You can see it is also bashing the lower metal support. If that was just a bit taller it probably would have prevented the broken opto.

0612190926 (resized).jpg0612190926 (resized).jpg0612190926a (resized).jpg0612190926a (resized).jpg
#10489 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, it's kind of hard to launch it...and when it's up, it's hard to hit the spinners to maximize it. I think it's balanced well!
One of the cool things about the game is the multiple ways to attack. Maybe you want to maximize multiballs and jackpots, maybe you want to go for chapters and wizards, maybe you want to try for Argh Frenzy and spin your way to the high score list.
One thing I have found over time is that focusing on one approach only gets you so far - eventually people start looking at the other ways to attack. It'll work itself out!

I did not change the settings, and the scores are going up by thousands+ with each hit of the bumpers in the star map area and the pop bumpers. Watched two games today where Argh Frenzy contributed 500,000 points or more by itself, not including other points in the round.

#10490 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I did not change the settings, and the scores are going up by thousands+ with each hit of the bumpers in the star map area and the pop bumpers. Watched two games today where Argh Frenzy contributed 500,000 points or more by itself, not including other points in the round.

Wow! I think my best Argh was ~260k. Was it combined with a playfield multiplier?

#10491 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow! I think my best Argh was ~260k. Was it combined with a playfield multiplier?

Likely, and run with multi-balls, but ... the score Argh Frenzy contributed was outsized as you can tell. Total scores were around 800,000 and 1,000,000. You can see what I meant when I said out of balance.

#10492 4 years ago

This was also accomplished by two kids who are not skilled players ... not that I am either for that matter.

They just managed to pick up the mode and off the score ran almost by itself as they started one multiball. The whole family is convinced that Carina and Argh Frenzy are the way to beat the machine.

#10493 4 years ago

Until v1.0 ... Barbossa is king

Barbossa (resized).jpgBarbossa (resized).jpg
#10494 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Until v1.0 ... Barbossa is king

Dude is that 5 ball? I can't even crack a million.

#10495 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Amen. But, if we have to go to the bathroom we know the next break isn't far away

#10496 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

3 ball, no extras. Game around 15-20 minutes.

#10497 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Until v1.0 ... Barbossa is king [quoted image]

I thought..."how in the world?!?!?" then saw your username. Daaaaaaamn. And I thought your scores in your stream, like half this, were good.

#10498 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I thought..."how in the world?!?!?" then saw your username. Daaaaaaamn. And I thought your scores in your stream, like half this, were good.

Yeah - Karl (@Troz) is a fairly good player.

#10499 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

And I thought your scores in your stream, like half this, were good.

I've been meaning to stream this strategy before v1.0 comes. Maybe I'll get the equipment setup this week for a stream.

#10500 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok this machine is heavy. Whats the easiest way for me to lift it to adjust the feet on the legs. I think the incline needs adjustments. Any tips ?

Well I had this same issue. I was too impatient to wait for help. I had to adjust the rear legs. So........I got on all fours.......went under the machine then lifted with my shoulders / back then adjusted one leg at a time. I'm pretty sure there are better methods.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/210?hl=joseph5185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.