(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 378.
#951 5 years ago

I am noticing this too during game play. I think the load popping during start up is due to powering up.

#952 5 years ago

The load popping is normal , I know that from dialed in, but that crack during gameplay isn’t normal...

#953 5 years ago

I have two questions-

Am I missing a rubber grommet in this photo?

Second question. Does the license that JJP acquired limit what can be shown from the movies? As many have pointed out this titles movie clips are pale in comparison to Hobbit or WOZ.

20181113_172819 (resized).jpg20181113_172819 (resized).jpg
#954 5 years ago

No, that rubber to the right can be moved to the left if wanted. Makes it easier to save the ball.
As far as licensing, I don't think they were able to show faces of the actors.

#955 5 years ago

Anyone else has problem with the action button. Mine didn’t always register, same without lockbar. I think I have a bad switch

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Anyone else has problem with the action button. Mine didn’t always register, same without lockbar. I think I have a bad switch

My switch is fine but my button tends to stick. Did bend the switch support slightly so that they button doesn't rub but I still get the switch sticking even out of the lockbar. You can look in the top and see if the post from the button is squarely hitting the switch. Mine did not. But if you are having problems even without the lockbar you have other issues. I have seen where screwing the switch assembly in too tight will make the switch stick. Unscrew it completely and try the switch just connected to the wires. If that works, it may be the screws were too tight not letting the switch reset.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

My switch is fine but my button tends to stick. Did bend the switch support slightly so that they button doesn't rub but I still get the switch sticking even out of the lockbar. You can look in the top and see if the post from the button is squarely hitting the switch. Mine did not. But if you are having problems even without the lockbar you have other issues. I have seen where screwing the switch assembly in too tight will make the switch stick. Unscrew it completely and try the switch just connected to the wires. If that works, it may be the screws were too tight not letting the switch reset.

You are Right . It was screwing too tight.

Thank you

When playing the white thing on the picture was flowing over the playfield. Any idea where it comes to ?

Is it possible to change the brightness of the Monitor i cant find a Setting.

Thanks

Greetings

9EAB50F6-0D1D-4984-8B6E-6CA48BA12477 (resized).jpeg9EAB50F6-0D1D-4984-8B6E-6CA48BA12477 (resized).jpeg
#958 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thank you
When playing the white thing on the picture was flowing over the playfield. Any idea where it comes to ?
Thanks
Greetings [quoted image]

Think there is one behind the trunk. There are a number in the game. Will try to take pics of all the locations for you.

#959 5 years ago

I had the opportunity to play this game at VUK pinball in Bethesda Maryland and I have to say that this machine is by far the most complicated and intricate pinball machine I have ever seen. It is soooo cool... and sooo complicated. Enjoy your new toys guys!

#960 5 years ago

Here is the one I was talking about...

A2BDC1D3-E5B6-4F32-88DB-56199A3A60EB (resized).jpegA2BDC1D3-E5B6-4F32-88DB-56199A3A60EB (resized).jpeg
#961 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thank you
Thanks
Greetings [quoted image]

For monitor settings, take off back glass, buttons on right side of monitor for brightness and contrast .

Also system setting has brightness options

#962 5 years ago

Here is the one I was talking about...
[quoted image]

This one I have

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

For monitor settings, take off back glass, buttons on right side of monitor for brightness and contrast .

Found it, thank you

#964 5 years ago

Dumb question here...

Does the depths scoop do anything besides function as a gobble/eject hole?

Wasn’t sure if it becomes a strategic shot at some point in the game, don’t recall ever seeing the compass say to shoot it.

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dumb question here...
Does the depths scoop do anything besides function as a gobble/eject hole?
Wasn’t sure if it becomes a strategic shot at some point in the game, don’t recall ever seeing the compass say to shoot it.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe if you shoot it in from the front it will lock one of the chapter mode values in case you drain; And I’m pretty sure whichever chapter mode value is the highest is the one that gets locked in first and so forth. I haven’t played the game in a couple months so I’m going off memory, and I forgot what it was that increases the modes value - precious chapter score?

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe if you shoot it in from the front it will lock one of the chapter mode values in case you drain; And I’m pretty sure whichever chapter mode value is the highest is the one that gets locked in first and so forth. I haven’t played the game in a couple months so I’m going off memory, and I forgot what it was that increases the modes value - precious chapter score?

This helps a bit, I figured it did something just so much happening in the game that it didn’t stand out!

#967 5 years ago

I've read a little about mylar but has anyone confirmed if we should add any cliffies? Is there a desire for anything that might have to be custom from Cliff?

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This helps a bit, I figured it did something just so much happening in the game that it didn’t stand out!

I'm sure there's some strategies deep within for holding mode values with that shot. That's what's so great about this game; tons of depth, breadth, and strategy.

#969 5 years ago

The strategy is setting up for a 720k final mode shot!

#970 5 years ago

I just received my "Aztec Gold Coin" Super Skill Shot Shooters Rod from the company of the same name. You can find them in the Pinside Shopping Mall. This is the second product that I purchased from them; the first was the "One Ring" for my Hobbit Black Arrow. Both items are exceptional in appearance, function, and quality.and, no pun intended, Bill (the owner) is a real straight shooter to deal with (ok, pun was intended). Anyway, just wanted to share that it is a really nice mod for a POTC LE.

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, I solved the switch 21 low stuck closed issue. The switch was wedged under the ramp in the closed position. I’m thinking a hard hit off the pops may have caused this so this will be something for everyone to keep an eye on.
Now can anyone tell what this white plastic thing is under the ramp between the upper/lower 21 switches is?
[quoted image]

Psw757
You can look at my previous post. I had the same issue. I had to trim the top of the switch off a bit to keep it from getting stuck under the ramp. It also was scratching the ramp. The angle of the top of the metal looked backwards on mine.

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

psw757
You can look at my previous post. I had the same issue. I had to trim the top of the switch off a bit to keep it from getting stuck under the ramp. It also was scratching the ramp. The angle of the top of the metal looked backwards on mine.

Thanks, I didn’t cut the switch but I put a slight bend in it and it worked.

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I have two questions-
Am I missing a rubber grommet in this photo?
Second question. Does the license that JJP acquired limit what can be shown from the movies? As many have pointed out this titles movie clips are pale in comparison to Hobbit or WOZ.
[quoted image]

Mine was the same. There was a second rubber ring in the extra parts bag. I put on the inside post to make saving easier. Also, I would not remove the outer post rubber as the ball will hit hard on the post when launched.

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks, I didn’t cut the switch but I put a slight bend in it and it worked.

Ok. Just check it once in a while to see if it gets stuck under the ramp again.

#975 5 years ago

Psw757
Here’s the framed picture I talked about. It came out great!

135CB884-33AD-4257-8517-606406503F96 (resized).jpeg135CB884-33AD-4257-8517-606406503F96 (resized).jpeg

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

psw757
[quoted image]

Yeah, that looks great! Nice idea.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

psw757
[quoted image]

Ya know, I don’t mind that at all. Nicely done.

#978 5 years ago

Looks sweet! I think that this printed on the old style paper (scroll, parchment or whatever) would look cool as well.

#979 5 years ago

Running a Pirates stream this evening @ 8pm PST with guests Eskaybee and Johnny Modica. Hoping to see lots of plundering and wizard modes!

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Running a Pirates stream this evening @ 8pm PST with guests eskaybee and Johnny Modica. Hoping to see lots of plundering and wizard modes!

Sorry can't make that. 11pm here at that time in VA...

#981 5 years ago

Sadly, our POTC is confirmed as having arrived here in London, at the local shipping depot which is closed on the weekend. I'm saddened by the thought that he is forced to spend the weekend with a bunch of skids in a cold dark warehouse. It just an't right!

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Running a Pirates stream this evening @ 8pm PST with guests eskaybee and Johnny Modica. Hoping to see lots of plundering and wizard modes!

Man we had a great time! especially with the plundering. Poor Johnny

We got to 2 wizard modes (kraken, and stranger tides), I choked worlds end wizard mode with it lit. We got to the treasure hunt thing a few times, and Rayman (V00) got the 6666666 multiball going with the pearl being the last of the 6 mb's to light by blowing up the ship during multiball - impressive!

What a bad ass game!

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Man we had a great time! especially with the plundering. Poor Johnny
We got to 2 wizard modes (kraken, and stranger tides), I choked worlds end wizard mode with it lit. We got to the treasure hunt thing a few times, and Rayman (V00) got the 6666666 multiball going with the pearl being the last of the 6 mb's to light by blowing up the ship during multiball - impressive!
What a bad ass game!

I don't think this game is the game of the year...... I think its the game of the Century!!!

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I don't think this game is the game of the year...... I think its the game of the Century!!!

Wow, man this is starting to sound real good for JJP.I guess you got your Pirates and are pleased with it?

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I can’t argue that. I can’t think of a game that can top it, it’s a great shooter, Has Tons of depth for solo play, As well as a real fun game to observe and help spot someone play, and plundering while pretty unfairly random (which can be adjusted in settings) is still a load of fun. The ball times are all over the place; we each had 10+ minute balls at times, but on the flip side, we each had many many <1 minute balls as well.

It’s really impressive how much the game changes with each different character you play as while keeping balance. It’s not GOT or SW different, it allows you to focus on another aspect of the rules and try blowing up the game in a different manner.

#986 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! There be No stainless cannons on me pirate ship! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Pirate Cannon mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Black Pearl for battle! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine ship. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod Shipping NOW!!! Fire the cannons at those Scurvy dogs!! Available now from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks for your interest and support!!!
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#987 5 years ago

I have been noticing the sdtm at the chapter start. When the post drops so does my balls
Other then nudging 350 pounds!
Could there be a 2 sec ball save?

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I have been noticing the sdtm at the chapter start. When the post drops so does my balls

Never had that issue but a ball save out of the mystery scoop would be nice. I get regular drains from there.

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Magnet should pulse before the post comes down to prevent that. Verify your magnet is working right, then see if adjusting the up post timing helps you out at all

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Awww shucks. You guys are making me blush.

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Never had that either. Have had the subway shoot it down the outlane when I wasn’t looking. Lol.

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dead men tell no tales! There be No stainless cannons on me pirate ship! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Pirate Cannon mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Black Pearl for battle! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine ship. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod Shipping NOW!!! Fire the cannons at those Scurvy dogs!! Available now from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks for your interest and support!!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ha...should have just waited for the pros...Great job ModCouple! Will be picking up your Dead Men Tell No Tales sign. Now, about that missing section of the Black Pearl. And how to make the windows of the captain’s quarters glow...

F6B231FB-20A5-40FB-8543-AA6C89CD9F6D (resized).jpegF6B231FB-20A5-40FB-8543-AA6C89CD9F6D (resized).jpeg
#993 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Awww shucks. You guys are making me blush.

749956_1280w_720h (resized).png749956_1280w_720h (resized).png
#994 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Verify your magne

Deff working, kicks the ball around a bunch when more then one chapter is lit. Will check for timing on post.
I too agree, this pin will not be forgotten!! Depth, shots, use of space and a rocking ship with cannon!
My hat is off to you, sir!
Great job team JJP!

#995 5 years ago

I consider myself as having a decent pinball collection. Addams Family Gold, Attack from Mars, Congo, Dial In LE, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Guardian of the Galaxy, Iron Maiden, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Ruby Red Wizard of Oz. I want the POTCLE so bad, something from my collection must go to get it.. I played my friends POTCLE and damn its so good.. What should i sell to get it.. Eric, you can chime in to help..

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I consider myself as having a decent pinball collection. Addams Family Gold, Attach from Mars, Congo, Dial In LE, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Guardian of the Galaxy, Iron Maiden, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Ruby Red Wizard of Oz. I want the POTCLE so bad, something from my collection must go to get it.. I played my friends POTCLE and damn its so good.. What should i sell to get it.. Eric, you can chime in to help..

Interesting question. Just a problem of space or cost? What gets the least play? I dropped a Star Trek Premium and have not looked back at all as this is such a great game. You have a lot of the same theme in SS, MB, and EPM.

#997 5 years ago

Interesting question. Just a problem of space or cost? What gets the least play? I dropped a Star Trek Premium and have not looked back at all as this is such a great game. You have a lot of the same theme in SS, MB, and EPM.

Space is not the issue.. Cost is not the issue. I have the space and cash, i just can't keep them all.... All pins over time get boring or interest is lost.. I am thinking AFM and Congo... Remake is out and i have owned 3 Congos.. Hmmmm. I have some thinking to do..

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I consider myself as having a decent pinball collection. Addams Family Gold, Attack from Mars, Congo, Dial In LE, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Guardian of the Galaxy, Iron Maiden, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Ruby Red Wizard of Oz. I want the POTCLE so bad, something from my collection must go to get it.. I played my friends POTCLE and damn its so good.. What should i sell to get it.. Eric, you can chime in to help..

Congo and guardians in my opinion.

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congo and guardians in my opinion.

Agreed with Congo. Theme never did it for me.

#1000 5 years ago

Played a bunch at IAPPA....truly exceptional Game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/20?hl=willsmuz8999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.