(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 378.
#10401 4 years ago

They just sent this out on the support list for JJP. It offers a kit to minimize damage from the sling posts and a half price offer for a replacement (spare) playfield.

-------------------------------------------

Dear Jersey Jack Pinball Fans:

It appears that some Pirates of the Caribbean™ playfields have an issue at the base of the plastic posts, which may damage the playfield.

To help prevent damage, JJP suggests adding new Nylon washers under the plastic posts. You may request the post update kit: 51-100072-00, via our website, free of charge.

In further support, JJP will sell an unpopulated production playfield at 50% off the retail price, plus shipping. Installation costs are the responsibility of the owner.

For International Update requests, please contact your distributor.

For domestic update requests follow the instructions below.

How do I request a Pirates of the Caribbean™ Post Update kit?

1. Go to our website. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/
2. Select the Support tab > then Support Form http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/
3. Enter all Contact information and the Game Serial number.
4. Select CASE TYPE: POTC Post Update Kit
5. Select CASE ISSUE: Playfield Damage
6. Request: POTC Post Update kit: 51-100072-00
7. There is no charge for the Post Update kit

What is in the Update Kit?
30-009005-13 Single Star Poly Post, Clear Qty 6
92-100004-00 Washer, Flat, Nylon Black, 0.490 OD x 0.281 ID x 0.031 THK Qty 6
92-100005-00 Washer, Flat, Nylon Black, 0.750 OD x 0.443 ID x 0.032 THK Qty 6

How do I request a new Pirates of the Caribbean™ Playfield?
1. Follow the above instructions but for Cast Type Select POTC New Playfield Request
2. Select CASE TYPE: POTC New Playfield Request
3. Select CASE ISSUE Playfield Damage
4. The price for the unpopulated playfield is $550.00 plus shipping.
a. Installation costs are the responsibility of the owner.
b. Pictures of the damaged Playfield must be submitted when opening the case

Great support from JJP, as usual.

#10402 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They just sent this out on the support list for JJP. It offers a kit to minimize damage from the sling posts and a half price offer for a replacement (spare) playfield.
Dear Jersey Jack Pinball Fans:
It appears that some Pirates of the Caribbean™ playfields have an issue at the base of the plastic posts, which may damage the playfield.
To help prevent damage, JJP suggests adding new Nylon washers under the plastic posts. You may request the post update kit: 51-100072-00, via our website, free of charge.
In further support, JJP will sell an unpopulated production playfield at 50% off the retail price, plus shipping. Installation costs are the responsibility of the owner.
For International Update requests, please contact your distributor.
For domestic update requests follow the instructions below.
How do I request a Pirates of the Caribbean™ Post Update kit?
1. Go to our website. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/
2. Select the Support tab > then Support Form http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/
3. Enter all Contact information and the Game Serial number.
4. Select CASE TYPE: POTC Post Update Kit
5. Select CASE ISSUE: Playfield Damage
6. Request: POTC Post Update kit: 51-100072-00
7. There is no charge for the Post Update kit
What is in the Update Kit?
30-009005-13 Single Star Poly Post, Clear Qty 6
92-100004-00 Washer, Flat, Nylon Black, 0.490 OD x 0.281 ID x 0.031 THK Qty 6
92-100005-00 Washer, Flat, Nylon Black, 0.750 OD x 0.443 ID x 0.032 THK Qty 6
How do I request a new Pirates of the Caribbean™ Playfield?
1. Follow the above instructions but for Cast Type Select POTC New Playfield Request
2. Select CASE TYPE: POTC New Playfield Request
3. Select CASE ISSUE Playfield Damage
4. The price for the unpopulated playfield is $550.00 plus shipping.
a. Installation costs are the responsibility of the owner.
b. Pictures of the damaged Playfield must be submitted when opening the case
Great support from JJP, as usual.

Is this for all POTC models including CE?

#10403 4 years ago

If anyone knows of a distributor with a Standard Edition in stock, please let me know. Thanks!

#10404 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

If anyone knows of a distributor with a Standard Edition in stock, please let me know. Thanks!

I searched high and low, and I ended up finding - from what I have been told one of the last - and it was from Automated.

#10405 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I searched high and low, and I ended up finding - from what I have been told one of the last - and it was from Automated.

They were one of the ones I called today. No luck.

#10406 4 years ago

sorry my friend i hope you find one

#10407 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I got mine from PinballSTAR two weeks ago. There was one left after mine. Might still be available.

#10408 4 years ago

Pinball Star was sold out when I contacted them last week.

#10409 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Another possibility is you have a ground loop. If adjusting the mix doesn't help, see if the machine has a ground loop isolator installed from the output on the sound board. I don't think these ship with that from the factory and some people have problems with that due to the wiring at their location.
JJP toppers have always flickered a bit (all the way back to WoZ ECLE). It's worse if you use the fade feature.

They do ship with GLI from the factory and they suck. I replaced mine and got rid of the whine.

#10411 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCaps:

These look great on POTC! First time ordering? Available here on Pinside or at pinbossmods.com. First time ordering? Use code pinboss10 at checkout for 10% off.

Cool looking wood, but this color combo leaves me Jonesing for some Oreo cookies.

Wood flippers (resized).jpgWood flippers (resized).jpg

#10412 4 years ago

What’s gli and acronym for?

Sorry, I guess I made it up. Ground loop isolator. I replaced mine in my JJP games with this https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/ref=sr_1_3

#10413 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I've got one but plan to sell in a month or two, still in the box on a pallet.

#10414 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is this for all POTC models including CE?

If the playfield is damaged, I'm assuming. CE is one of the choices when it asks what model you have (though it also asks for your serial number, so they should know that anyway).

#10415 4 years ago

Btw, Eric from Titan just let me know that he is producing the silicone colored washers. I couldn't find any other source for something like this and I'm pretty good at using Google. Downside is the timeline is going to be some months. I'm still going to be interested, personally... and I told him I thought many other people would be as well given the interest in customization people have here.

#10416 4 years ago

Thanks Mezel Mods for the dress up of the ships. Color is a bit off but actually not that noticeable in real life.

852D711D-1C18-47E5-BF3C-9AFD0ECB4C36 (resized).jpeg852D711D-1C18-47E5-BF3C-9AFD0ECB4C36 (resized).jpeg36AE6EBA-5A85-41B7-B1FD-F6E2826DD479 (resized).jpeg36AE6EBA-5A85-41B7-B1FD-F6E2826DD479 (resized).jpeg
#10417 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I got mine from PinballSTAR two weeks ago. There was one left after mine. Might still be available.

I think I got that one.

#10418 4 years ago

Does the SE have RGB on the flashers or is it just white?

#10419 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Thanks Mezel Mods for the dress up of the ships. Color is a bit off but actually not that noticeable in real life.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ooooh that is nice. I wish I didn't already have the mod couple railing (sorry!)

#10420 4 years ago

Pretty sure they have Rgb in the flashers or the gold feature would be totally different... programmatically but I dunno myself just my 2 cents

#10421 4 years ago

The GI is all white but all inserts are RGB

#10422 4 years ago

I may the odd one but I kinda like the white gi better visibility

#10423 4 years ago

I've heard that from others too.

#10424 4 years ago

Wait until you do a chapter like Infiltration and the whole playfield goes red. The white would be fine but the RGB GIs do a great job at setting the mood during different stages in the game. Most important are the RGB inserts though.

#10425 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wait until you do a chapter like Infiltration and the whole playfield goes red. The white would be fine but the RGB GIs do a great job at setting the mood during different stages in the game. Most important are the RGB inserts though.

I’ll never get to experience this unfortunately lol. Damn it I wish he had made more LE’s!!! LoL

#10426 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’ll never get to experience this unfortunately lol. Damn it I wish he had made more LE’s!!! LoL

Sorry!! There is so much going on in this game, you will love it no matter what. It is also good to save a bit of money for the next one....

Just count yourself fortunate that you have a pirates game, it would be a real shame to miss out.

#10427 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yep. Love that mode. Like the blue ones, too.

#10428 4 years ago

Hey guys, if you haven’t done so already you might want to inspect the map hole on your game for the protruding t-nut. (Run your fingers in it if you can’t see it well) I read about that on the troubleshooting thread (thank you Pinside contributors) and saw that the t-nut was protruding slightly on my newer build SE. I checked the balls after a few games and noticed that they had a few nicks on them. I put a small hard rubber piece above the protruding piece to provide protection and replaced the balls. It seems to be working for now, but I imagine that I will pull that t-nut eventually and grind it down. To preempt the question, the rubber piece has not increased hole rejections at all. I actually haven’t had any.

I don’t want anyone to have a damaged playfield because of this and I can’t imagine trying to swap playfields on this beast.

#10429 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the playfield is damaged, I'm assuming. CE is one of the choices when it asks what model you have (though it also asks for your serial number, so they should know that anyway).

Lucky for me it looks like my CE already has those washers installed .. phew. Didnt want to do any work if I didnt have to.

#10430 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Only thing I could find: Ebay. classicgamerooms Store. 2 left. SE version.

#10431 4 years ago

Just bought the other 4 pirates movies to familiarise myself with the chapters. Always loved the first one. A classic. Saw the 5th one recently and was not as bad as I expected. Anyway watched the 2nd. Not as good as the first, but not as bad as I remembered it to be. Bloody long though. Now just number 3 and 4. I remember one of them was a real slog. Funny how the family is pointing at bits in the 2nd. My daughter got excited when seeing the teacups in the rain at the start of the movie. She yelled out “that’s Wedding Day!”

#10432 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just bought the other 4 pirates movies to familiarise myself with the chapters. Always loved the first one. A classic. Saw the 5th one recently and was not as bad as I expected. Anyway watched the 2nd. Not as good as the first, but not as bad as I remembered it to be. Bloody long though. Now just number 3 and 4. I remember one of them was a real slog. Funny how the family is pointing at bits in the 2nd. My daughter got excited when seeing the teacups in the rain at the start of the movie. She yelled out “that’s Wedding Day!”

I watched all 5 movies (some again and some for the first time) before I bought my Pirates and I'm glad I did. You really gain perspective on the many elements from each of them that are incorporated into the game and I think it improves the overall gameplay experience as a result.

#10433 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

ebay.com link: Pirates of the Caribbean Standard Edition Pinball Machine Jersey Jack In Stock

I purchased mine from Classic Game Rooms, my first time using them. Purchased on Tues, arrived follow Monday. I did have to call them Thursday to push along the shipping as they state ships within 24 hours. they have 2 left

#10434 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Standard Edition Pinball Machine Jersey Jack In Stock
I purchased mine from Classic Game Rooms, my first time using them. Purchased on Tues, arrived follow Monday. I did have to call them Thursday to push along the shipping as they state ships within 24 hours. they have 2 left

I had good experience with Classic Game Rooms and my Black Knight LE. Came without any hiccups and or damage. Good luck.

#10435 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Hey guys, if you haven’t done so already you might want to inspect the map hole on your game for the protruding t-nut. (Run your fingers in it if you can’t see it well) I read about that on the troubleshooting thread (thank you Pinside contributors) and saw that the t-nut was protruding slightly on my newer build SE. I checked the balls after a few games and noticed that they had a few nicks on them. I put a small hard rubber piece above the protruding piece to provide protection and replaced the balls. It seems to be working for now, but I imagine that I will pull that t-nut eventually and grind it down. To preempt the question, the rubber piece has not increased hole rejections at all. I actually haven’t had any.
I don’t want anyone to have a damaged playfield because of this and I can’t imagine trying to swap playfields on this beast.

I saw this on mine.....ordered cliffy's and surprised the map cliffy doesn't cover that side where nut is.

Please show us what rubber piece you put there. Might have to take off and grind it.

#10436 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Only thing I could find: Ebay. classicgamerooms Store. 2 left. SE version.

They are sold out, as well.

#10437 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

They are sold out, as well.

sorry man, just an hour ago they had 2 listed on ebay

#10438 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

sorry man, just an hour ago they had 2 listed on ebay

They just had not updated the add. They told me they sold their last one last week.

#10439 4 years ago

In Canada they've been sold out for some time. I was awaiting in May for a shipment of standards to our distributor. The PO was cancelled because stock ran out and they could not fulfill the order. Really sucks. I played this game a year ago and found it "OK", but was not interested in adding to my collection. Played the latest code on a standard a friend bought a few months ago and was blown away. I certainly hope they do more production runs as I'll be all over buying one.

#10440 4 years ago

Just wondering if the neco series 1 jack will work for the spinning pop upgrade?

#10441 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Just wondering if the neco series 1 jack will work for the spinning pop upgrade?

Yes, any of the neco 7" figures should work.

#10442 4 years ago

This is what I used. It is a firm rubber piece that is kind of a protective footer. It has self-adhesive on the back. Seems to be doing the trick for now as it at least covers up in the initial contact with the t-nut.
052F7609-022E-47B1-BF81-DD1BBE716D8A (resized).jpeg052F7609-022E-47B1-BF81-DD1BBE716D8A (resized).jpegB2647D6A-B4DC-42F5-AB65-761A38331788 (resized).jpegB2647D6A-B4DC-42F5-AB65-761A38331788 (resized).jpeg

#10443 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This is what I used. It is a firm rubber piece that is kind of a protective footer. It has self-adhesive on the back. Seems to be doing the trick for now as it at least covers up in the initial contact with the t-nut.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So the t-nut issue is only in the back left corner?

#10444 4 years ago

Damn that really sticks out lol

3E8DA449-C4F2-488F-B024-1BDBA78E20E3 (resized).jpeg3E8DA449-C4F2-488F-B024-1BDBA78E20E3 (resized).jpeg
#10445 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Damn that really sticks out lol[quoted image]

Wow, I must have missed this in previous photos.

#10446 4 years ago

I would VERY carefully sand that off using a rotary tool for a permanent fix, I know its more work... my 2 cents

#10447 4 years ago

So I'm a little hung over from a lot of rum and pinball last night. During the night of debauchery, I started wondering about a mod using a "mooring line" rope running from the left rear side of the BP down to the screw on the Maelstrom ramp screw above the flipper next to the flasher. Make a scale sized skeleton figure appear to be sliding up the rope with a knife in its mouth like from the movie. It would have to be loose enough to allow for the rocking of the playfield but tight enough so as not to interfere with the ball on the playfield

What does everyone think? Or should I just go back to sleep and drink more rum?

#10448 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I'm a little hung over from a lot of rum and pinball last night. During the night of debauchery, I started wondering about a mod using a "mooring line" rope running from the left rear side of the BP down to the screw on the Maelstrom ramp screw above the flipper next to the flasher. Make a scale sized skeleton figure appear to be sliding up the rope with a knife in its mouth like from the movie. It would have to be loose enough to allow for the rocking of the playfield but tight enough so as not to interfere with the ball on the playfield

Prototype this please!

#10449 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I’d love to see it! I’m getting tired of the other pirates topic so I’ve been searching online for other mod ideas also. I ordered this 2” pendant for $12 - hoping to dremel off the hasp and fit it under the shooter rod.

86670DB8-C057-4A1D-943F-B6E9A574235D (resized).png86670DB8-C057-4A1D-943F-B6E9A574235D (resized).png
#10450 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I’d love to see it! I’m getting tired of the other pirates topic so I’ve been searching online for other mod ideas also. I ordered this 2” pendant for $12 - hoping to dremel off the hasp and fit it under the shooter rod.[quoted image]

Hey no offense but nobody is forcing you to read the other thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.