(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 378.
#10351 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

All you should need to do for Ragetti's add-a-ball is hit the action button as soon as the ball goes up on the Pearl. You can do it once per ball.

It needs to hit a black pearl switch first as well... just like opening the cannon door in the current software The Game needs to know the ball is up on the Pearl to allow you to activate this ability.

#10352 4 years ago

Dumb question but is there anyway to change the treble on jjp speakers? Or adjusting the sound at all besides volume? No right?

#10353 4 years ago

Is there any way to get this more centered?

8390F730-9D69-4C17-9E3E-E6F12334C9F3 (resized).jpeg8390F730-9D69-4C17-9E3E-E6F12334C9F3 (resized).jpeg
#10354 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Is there any way to get this more centered?[quoted image]

Probably have to widen out the mounting holes on the bracket for the assembly and slide it over. It's too close to drill new mounting holes adjacent to the existing ones.

#10355 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably have to widen out the mounting holes on the bracket for the assembly and slide it over. It's too close to drill new mounting holes adjacent to the existing ones.

I’ll leave it then lol

#10356 4 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the “fixes” that JJP is sending out for the games?

#10357 4 years ago

Ok so dont know what's going on this seems to happend alot the RGB arrows dont not come on when Intentionally starting up the pin but the spot lights come on I was told on a previous post to check the small USB for connection so I unplug and reseat the plugs and nothing so I unplug the powercord for about a minute and restart it and everything works again seems I have to unplug potc and replug back in to get it going.. Doesnt always happens but its enough to have me concerned
20190609_122516 (resized).jpg20190609_122516 (resized).jpg

#10358 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Can you elaborate on the lockdown bar position? I have never put one there. Thanks.

Here we go...

CD80A6F9-C964-4967-8D68-760954FFC2A0 (resized).jpegCD80A6F9-C964-4967-8D68-760954FFC2A0 (resized).jpegD81A3121-F6DB-4F87-8B3D-BA5AAAC4C179 (resized).jpegD81A3121-F6DB-4F87-8B3D-BA5AAAC4C179 (resized).jpeg
#10359 4 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

Here we go...[quoted image][quoted image]

I used a thin foam weather strip

#10360 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’ll leave it then lol

FWIW I reamed the mounting holes on the metal plate a bit wider to allow better centering when installed the disc quieting kit.

It turned out much better than the factory installed centering; I was surprised the mounting mech did not allow for better centering by design.

That being said could some downside develop over time to my "mod". I hope not, but things are good so far...

#10361 4 years ago

So just had a pretty decent game and realized something. We need to be complaining about double disadvantages on norrington. his character collects are cut in half and helper shots only score 1/4. This is fine. He however also gets his total multiplier cut in half as well. So if you qualify 5 chapters your only gettign a 1.5 multiplier instead of 3. This effectivly means if Im going for points (by qualifying multiple chapters) my chapter shots are scoring 1/4 and 1/8. No other character is like this. If this is how Norrington is supposed to behave I think that characters like elizabeth turner and barbossa should have the same mechanics applied.

*edit Would also be cool to see some of these advantages disadvantages to be directly related to wizard modes. For example bootstrap bill turner could give you extra time to clear tentacles on dead mans chest wiz mode

#10362 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

So just had a pretty decent game and realized something. We need to be complaining about double disadvantages on norrington. his character collects are cut in half and helper shots only score 1/4. This is fine. He however also gets his total multiplier cut in half as well. So if you qualify 5 chapters your only gettign a 1.5 multiplier instead of 3. This effectivly means if Im going for points (by qualifying multiple chapters) my chapter shots are scoring 1/4 and 1/8. No other character is like this. If this is how Norrington is supposed to behave I think that characters like elizabeth turner and barbossa should have the same mechanics applied.
*edit Would also be cool to see some of these advantages disadvantages to be directly related to wizard modes. For example bootstrap bill turner could give you extra time to clear tentacles on dead mans chest wiz mode

You pretty much have to have him crippled like that since once you get into multiball and start stacking, the chapters really start flying. I did 1.6 Million with him without even trying. I think he's balanced fine, given the power he has. Plus, if you use him for nothing else but GETTING to wizard modes quickly so you can practice them, it's enough.

#10363 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just did this while I had it out adding the silencer mod! Now it's perfect ps. Silencer mod made a huge difference for mine!

#10364 4 years ago

Think I found a bug, or my machine has an issue, Apologies if someone has mentioned this. When you restart a game before the current one has ended, ball search timer doesn’t reset. So if you don’t launch Ball 1 of the new game fast enough, within just a few seconds, it goes into ball search with a ball sitting on the shooter lane switch.

It’s 100% reproducible.

#10365 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You pretty much have to have him crippled like that since once you get into multiball and start stacking, the chapters really start flying. I did 1.6 Million with him without even trying. I think he's balanced fine, given the power he has. Plus, if you use him for nothing else but GETTING to wizard modes quickly so you can practice them, it's enough.

not true yes you can bust though modes but they are worth nothing. had a whopping score of 17k after completing 3 chapters. You can get to wizard modes just as easy with tia dalma and elizabeth turner. Barbossa gets full chapter points and you can run endless multiball with half the playfield scoring you super jackpots. here how about this perspective if i play 2 of the same chapters one with norrington and one with almost any other character. chapter is worht 10k points. norrington gets a max of 7.5k total points if he stacks 5 chapters. other guy is 30k max points. now lets say you can do that 10 times in one game. norrington gets a whopping 75k other guy is at 300k pushing a free ball. And this is not taking into account half of norringtons shot will end up being helper shots from nicking a standup when hitting a ramp. In reality Norrington is prolly only scoring a max of 5-6k in that chapter (being very generous) the other guy can score that by only hitting one or two of his characters in the chapter and not ever completing them. Also pretty sure all of this carries into the wiz mode (seems like if i wiz mode other characters I get way more points for hit shots even though I did not complete all the chapters like I did with norrington)

#10366 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Barbossa gets full chapter points and you can run endless multiball with half the playfield scoring you super jackpots.

i do agree wwith your overall points but i believe barbossa gets half value on those jackpots though. so there is some sort of negative to him unlike blackbeard who is the GOAT if you are going full-blown multiball scoring.

i'm sure there will be a balance pass on the characters with the next update.

#10367 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

ball stuck on upper playfield 1st ball played, bummer. the upper ramp is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the ramp....any ideas.
Also, no washers on either side... they look good, but need to get kit from JJP[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was on phone w jjp and my ramp lifts up and down plus forward and backward apparently I have a broken bracket underneath so they're sending me what I need

#10368 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

He however also gets his total multiplier cut in half as well. So if you qualify 5 chapters your only gettign a 1.5 multiplier instead of 3. This effectivly means if Im going for points (by qualifying multiple chapters) my chapter shots are scoring 1/4 and 1/8.

That's not what that means. Norrington's penalty is reflected via the multiplier. You are not double penalized.

#10369 4 years ago

Hey guys I’m new to potc and I just played a few games . The ball has gotten stuck three times already right after launch right under the black pearl somewhere . Search function does nothing . Then I have to behind the machine lift it a bit then it pops out from the right door on the black pearl . Anyone have a fix for this ?

#10370 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I’m new to potc and I just played a few games . The ball has gotten stuck three times already right after launch right under the black pearl somewhere . Search function does nothing . Then I have to behind the machine lift it a bit then it pops out from the right door on the black pearl . Anyone have a fix for this ?

Try increasing the power on your BP VUK coil. I used to get balls stuck here and this fixed it.

#10371 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Adjust your playfield pitch to 6.5 to 7 degrees and make sure it’s level left to right, otherwise the ball hangs up in the subway and doesn’t reach the VUK.

#10372 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Adjust your playfield pitch to 6.5 to 7 degrees and make sure it’s level left to right, otherwise the ball hangs up in the subway and doesn’t reach the VUK.

I bought this from a friend the pitch is literally like all the way up . I never seen a pin set like that . Hind legs all the way front legs short all the way . Is that normal ?

#10373 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I bought this from a friend the pitch is literally like all the way up . I never seen a pin set like that . Hind legs all the way front legs short all the way . Is that normal ?

Some people like that, but it's not the norm.

#10374 4 years ago

Jack has replaced Tortuga Tom!

20190609_173948 (resized).jpg20190609_173948 (resized).jpg
#10375 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That’s what is causing the problem. Lower it down to the standard 6.5 to 7 degrees to resolve.

#10376 4 years ago

The problem I experienced is that if the VUK doesn't have enough power, the ball will go partly up and then tumble back down and get caught up in the mechs underneath the BP. Ball search can't detect it here and the only way to free it is manually.

#10377 4 years ago

Ok ill eat my words. Did 2 test games one with Norrington and one with E Swan (glass off). Ran 25 chapters completing everything and running through the wizard modes. Norrington had to play a couple more multiballs getting there but care was taken to not collect characters during this time. Need to do further testing also though as I managed to miss writing down 3 chapters character count on E Swan. 2 for DMTNT and 1 for AWE. I still have 86 characters accounted for with her. Could be something with if your character shows up in chapter do you dont have to collect it it does not count.

Norrington final score 3.4 million
80 characters collected
COTBP 628k (25)
DMC 183k (10)
AWE 248k (19)
OST 424k (13)
DMTNT 255k (15)

E Swan Final score 3.4 million
86 characters collected
COTBP 421k (18)
DMC 221k (16)
AWE 258k (*19)
OST 582k (19)
DMTNT 305k (*14)

#10378 4 years ago

Hey guys so again new to POTC I have only played a few games. I noticed that my treasure chest is wide open, is that the way its supposed to be?

#10379 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys so again new to POTC I have only played a few games. I noticed that my treasure chest is wide open, is that the way its supposed to be?

yes

#10380 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Sadly they removed the open / close functionality

#10381 4 years ago

This is my first JJP game and I want to add an LED strip over the drain to light it a bit better. Bally/Williams were easy to clip alligators onto the GI. This system does not have exposed GI legs to clip to!! How to get around this????

Time

#10382 4 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

This is my first JJP game and I want to add an LED strip over the drain to light it a bit better. Bally/Williams were easy to clip alligators onto the GI. This system does not have exposed GI legs to clip to!! How to get around this????
Time

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-trough-light-kit

#10383 4 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Time

I used a $3 Cometpinball LED strip (12v) and you connect it to the spot lamp plugs which are also at the bottom of the playfield from the bottom side. I believe I did a write up on this in this thread some 5000 posts ago. lol

#10384 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I used a $3 Cometpinball LED strip (12v) and you connect it to the spot lamp plugs which are also at the bottom of the playfield from the bottom side. I believe I did a write up on this in this thread some 5000 posts ago. lol

or connect it to the coin door light (via alligator clips). Imperative you get the 12v strip though otherwise it will get way too hot. Super easy, really necessary on pirates.

#10385 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Sadly they removed the open / close functionality

Oh weally?? For like all models in production?

#10386 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

or connect it to the coin door light (via alligator clips). Imperative you get the 12v strip though otherwise it will get way too hot. Super easy, really necessary on pirates.

Yep that works well also and rather simple.

These strips work great for a few bucks:

https://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-3-SMD-505012V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/mtx3smd12vstrip.htm

I opted to go with these low cost strips and simply cut to the length I wanted. Plenty of lower playfield light now!
https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/18smd12vstrip.htm?1=1&CartID=0

IMG_1763 (resized).jpgIMG_1763 (resized).jpg
#10387 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

For like all models in production?

Yes.

LTG : )

#10388 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh weally?? For like all models in production?

Yes - along with the 3-ring spinning disk that was on the prototype shown at Expo 2017. These design modifications were BIG news at the time in 2018, but now seem inconsequential given how much fun this game is to play.

#10389 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yes - along with the 3-ring spinning disk that was on the prototype shown at Expo 2017. These design modifications were BIG news at the time in 2018, but now seem inconsequential given how much fun this game is to play.

I agree with this 100%... BUT, I still wish it had those features, I got to play the prototype and it really was cool

#10390 4 years ago

If anyone knows anyone looking for a NiB Mid-Feb build LE, I might consider selling.

#10391 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

If anyone knows anyone looking for a NiB Mid-Feb build LE, I might consider selling.

Just post it and it will sell

#10392 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just saying if you didnt know that was how it was originally designed you would never know that anything was changed. Chest opening is cool but adds nothing to gameplay. The spinning disc was a bit of a letdown as the 3 spinning disc was awesome however I can see how it would have had short and long term issues. With that being said the single spinning map works amazing often still surprised when it slings the ball from far left of map to far right of map and back or vise versa. Or when you have a nice cradle coming in and the map decides not today satan

#10393 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

With that being said the single spinning map works amazing often still surprised when it slings the ball from far left of map to far right of map and back or vise versa. Or when you have a nice cradle coming in and the map decides not today satan

And the three single discs were too thin to have any effect like that.

LTG : )

#10394 4 years ago

These look great on POTC! First time ordering? Available here on Pinside or at pinbossmods.com. First time ordering? Use code pinboss10 at checkout for 10% off.

IMG_20190610_110648 (resized).jpgIMG_20190610_110648 (resized).jpgpirates of the caribbean (resized).jpgpirates of the caribbean (resized).jpg
#10395 4 years ago

As do these! lol Arghhhhh.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#10396 4 years ago

I had these on my OLD Stern POTC, loved the look felt it fit the theme. But now they are pretty hard to come by - unpainted they can be easily found

potc (resized).jpgpotc (resized).jpg
#10397 4 years ago

I have an issue with the start of the black pearl multiball. The ball is on the BP deck on the ship, spinners and lock button is finalized, the cannon load light is blinking. When fighting with the ball to get into the cannon, the cannon light goes out and the MB light on the main playfield starts blinking, without any cannon load or shot.

Any idea,whats going wrong here?

#10398 4 years ago

I had these on my OLD Stern POTC, loved the look felt it fit the theme. But now they are pretty hard to come by - unpainted they can be easily found[quoted image]

Aren't those just scared stiff boney flippers?

#10399 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aren't those just scared stiff boney flippers?

yes, but those above are very hard to come by

#10400 4 years ago

yes, but those above are very hard to come by

How are they different? Don't they just have a gray wash on the stock boney flippers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.