(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 378.
#10301 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Slings and under the lockdown bar.

And they are optional, which is why they aren’t pre-installed.

#10302 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Slings and under the lockdown bar.

Can you elaborate on the lockdown bar position? I have never put one there. Thanks.

#10303 4 years ago

BTW, got my SE last night. Should be playing today if everything goes to plan.

Thank you Joe at PinSTAR! Great guy and great service.

#10304 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Can you elaborate on the lockdown bar position? I have never put one there. Thanks.

They go on the edge of the side rails where the lock bar would rub possibly scratching the paint.

#10305 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I put the square ones under the wire form drops. For the lockdown they are meant to go where it sits on top of the side rails. But you can put felt tape or some other tape.

#10306 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And they are optional, which is why they aren’t pre-installed

Are most people installing these? I haven't

#10307 4 years ago

I think I found a - very little - bug. When the mode Wedding Day starts, the two shots that are mentioned to the right on top of the screen are both called Map Hole. One of the characters was - I think - Wil Turner, the other one was the guy that is pictured at The Depths on the playfield.

Good recovery to Keith, sorry to hear your bad luck in the gene pool... Love your coding style.

#10308 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Are most people installing these? I haven't

Me either.

#10309 4 years ago

I bailed on getting the SE.

#10310 4 years ago
IMG-4072 (resized).JPGIMG-4072 (resized).JPGIMG-4073 (resized).JPGIMG-4073 (resized).JPGIMG-4074 (resized).JPGIMG-4074 (resized).JPG
#10311 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing! What's with the plastic, did you get radcals?

#10312 4 years ago

Yep, RADCALS as I think you mentioned they were a pain in the Rear to install.

#10313 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

They were not simple, but not that bad either. Much nicer to get them from the factory! Don't they look amazing?

#10314 4 years ago

Yep they do.....I'm not taking it off....waiting for my Wife and Daughter to get back from France in 10 days to let them do the honors

#10315 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I had JJP install the radcals on my LE. They look awesome!

#10316 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Where did you find a last minute LE?!

#10317 4 years ago

So this is my first NIB...I am impressed...its my 3rd machine in the collection, but my 4th machine I ever owned...I am impressed so far with JJP's quality...I know there were some issues with the pops, but mine looks to be so far in great shape...I did have them send me the kit with the washers just to play it safe...I will say..they are very responsive...I sent an email about a missing plumb bob, and I had a response within 3 mins through email...the person I emailed quickly got all my info, registered my game and got me a shipping notice for the one missing part...very impressed overall...Can't wait to get into this game really deep...yes its an SE, but I don't know any better since I never played the LE...I love it! I've already been eyeballing the hell out of different mods lol

#10318 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Wow congrats she is purdy! Sounds like you have 10 non distraction days to get your Arghhhh on! Have fun and congrats.

#10319 4 years ago

Oops

#10320 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Where did you find a last minute LE?!

I'm sworn to Secrecy

#10321 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I'm sworn to Secrecy

Not sure why it matters lol. Nothing secret about buying a JJPOTC. It’s not like you bought a wonka LE before anyone else could.

#10322 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not sure why it matters lol. Nothing secret about buying a JJPOTC. It’s not like you bought a wonka LE before anyone else could.

He could be just joking also?, why so serious

#10323 4 years ago

ball stuck on upper playfield 1st ball played, bummer. the upper ramp is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the ramp....any ideas.

Also, no washers on either side... they look good, but need to get kit from JJP

IMG-4077 (resized).JPGIMG-4077 (resized).JPGIMG-4078 (resized).JPGIMG-4078 (resized).JPGIMG-4080 (resized).JPGIMG-4080 (resized).JPGIMG-4081 (resized).JPGIMG-4081 (resized).JPGIMG-4082 (resized).JPGIMG-4082 (resized).JPGIMG-4083 (resized).JPGIMG-4083 (resized).JPGIMG-4084 (resized).JPGIMG-4084 (resized).JPG
#10324 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

ball stuck on upper playfield 1st ball played, bummer. the upper ramp is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the ramp....any ideas.
Also, no washers on either side... they look good, but need to get kit from JJP[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I emailed them yesterday about the washer kit...should ship Monday. They were quick to respond!!

#10325 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Also, no washers on either side... they look good, but need to get kit from JJP[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lower right sling post looks like it dug in.

#10326 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Looks like you need to reseat the black pearl as it’s fallen off the front support. Mine was that way from shipping without a foam block supporting the pearl.

Undo the rear screw behind the pearl, slide it back a bit lift front and back forward.

#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lower right sling post looks like it dug in.

Yeah I saw that to my buddy said it shouldn't be an issue as it's not like slinging like the hammer ... U think I should adjust it if so how.?

#10328 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

Looks like you need to reseat the black pearl as it’s fallen off the front support. Mine was that way from shipping without a foam block supporting the pearl.
Undo the rear screw behind the pearl, slide it back a bit lift front and back forward.

Do I have to disconnect wires underneath or can I do without doing wires

#10329 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Do I have to disconnect wires underneath or can I do without doing wires

Don’t need to disconnect anything as you’re not removing it entirely. Move it back enough to lift front and slide back forward.

#10330 4 years ago

Is the the ship supposed to move all way left and all the way right?

#10331 4 years ago

I have not looked on here to see if this has been answered, but does anyone know how to get the Arr Frenzy started? I have made it a few times, and not sure if random after lighting pirate and hitting the standup, or if I did it by lighting pirate more than once before hitting the standup. Thanks in advance for any info.
On another note, my best scores have been on Pintel with 1.1m, Barbossa 676k, Will 648k, and Cotton 574k The 1.1 included ar frenzy of 907k. I thought the machine had tore up it was going so crazy with ar noises.

#10332 4 years ago

LE #550 is home! 130 plays, perfect! So great in the home, love it. Got a Standard to sell now in the box. Maybe I should just keep it and get a CE to round things out.
Epic game!
A160C2F7-5686-497F-A125-B3C3CF6AA114 (resized).jpegA160C2F7-5686-497F-A125-B3C3CF6AA114 (resized).jpeg0EE783B4-97F5-4F79-947C-3F8A57ACDFDC (resized).jpeg0EE783B4-97F5-4F79-947C-3F8A57ACDFDC (resized).jpeg

#10333 4 years ago

Keep it for a while then sell it then get you're CE

#10334 4 years ago

The holes are a kinda big on these Lowe’s rubber washers, so I’m placing them a little off center until I get the JJP fix, not too tight.

B27ADC97-198A-43D8-9801-DE1E16D6E3D1 (resized).jpegB27ADC97-198A-43D8-9801-DE1E16D6E3D1 (resized).jpeg
#10335 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

The holes are a kinda big on these Lowe’s rubber washers, so I’m placing them a little off center until I get the JJP fix, not too tight.[quoted image]

They fit the star posts well. I think you will be happy.

Anyone measure the JJP supplies star posts from kit compared to a post bought elsewhere?
Just curious if they got creative and had a custom size made.

#10336 4 years ago

So I understand the JJP “kit” they send is star posts and washers is that correct? I want to make sure I call ahead of time before mine arrives

#10337 4 years ago

Well count me in for the pop toy replacement club.

Big difference really happy I did it. Super easy too like others mentioned. I actually split it apart with my hands then used the pop cap as a template (as mentioned) to manually screw in by hand. All set.

Series 3 Captain. I like that dumb smile on his face and who doesn't like boos and guns...

20190608_222844 (resized).jpg20190608_222844 (resized).jpg20190608_223117 (resized).jpg20190608_223117 (resized).jpg
#10338 4 years ago

Me too - series 1 Jack plus the Dauntless mod arrived from Mezel today Still deciding on mirror or art blades, wish I would of bought the barrel flashers and pop caps when I got the kraken and cannon from the Mod Couple so ordering those now, also ordering rubber, brightmod flipper buttons and maybe the cannon guard from pinballlife, Harry’s spinners, door and backboard, waiting on cliffys, and thinking about a Polk subwoofer. This is nuts!

D29A05A1-06F0-4B9F-8624-34A8F27994EE (resized).jpegD29A05A1-06F0-4B9F-8624-34A8F27994EE (resized).jpeg4C7A0765-EC5B-46CE-9FCC-7F952F851E43 (resized).jpeg4C7A0765-EC5B-46CE-9FCC-7F952F851E43 (resized).jpeg
#10339 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

LE #550 is home! 130 plays, perfect! So great in the home, love it. Got a Standard to sell now in the box. Maybe I should just keep it and get a CE to round things out.
Epic game!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats bud, must be nice to own 2 of them ..
Question: does anyone know when I pick Ragetti the one eye pirate I put the ball in the black pearl and I dont get the extra ball what am I doing wrong? I got it the very first time but after that I tried it again but It wont activate anymore is there something I'm not doing right?

#10340 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Question: does anyone know when I pick Ragetti the one eye pirate I put the ball in the black pearl and I dont get the extra ball what am I doing wrong? I got it the very first time but after that I tried it again but It wont activate anymore is there something I'm not doing right?

Just a temporary situation. I'm actually not sure which one I'll end up keeping, probably the LE. First world problems...

#10341 4 years ago

I am a new owner for POTC. Do other people have tiny crackling sometimes in the audio - like a short tiny pop?
Also the PF-lights seem to sometimes flicker for a brief moment (under a second for sure).

Anyone with similar symptons and what's the cure?

Thanks for any info!

#10342 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am a new owner for POTC. Do other people have tiny crackling sometimes in the audio - like a short tiny pop?
Also the PF-lights seem to sometimes flicker for a brief moment (under a second for sure).
Anyone with similar symptons and what's the cure?
Thanks for any info!

Rebalance your levels between music/fx/voice. The software doesn't do this (why? I don't know, it's not a hard task...) so if the total output of all of those put together are too much, you can clip the audio which sounds like static or crackling.

#10343 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rebalance your levels between music/fx/voice. The software doesn't do this (why? I don't know, it's not a hard task...) so if the total output of all of those put together are too much, you can clip the audio which sounds like static or crackling.

Thanks, I will try this - I do not use the audio on very high setting, but if its a question of the mix, I will try to adjust it (I have it on factory setting).

Also the flicker on the playfield - it may actually be the topper that is flickering and it is reflected on the playfield. I have the topper set on max 32, but still there is the tiny flicker once in a while.

#10344 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

you can only get the bonus once per ball. also you must hit a switch on the black pearl ( spinner load cannon bonus x gold) before you can activate his ability. He is also I believe the only character to be able to have multiball during wizrad mode

#10345 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks, I will try this - I do not use the audio on very high setting, but if its a question of the mix, I will try to adjust it (I have it on factory setting).
Also the flicker on the playfield - it may actually be the topper that is flickering and it is reflected on the playfield. I have the topper set on max 32, but still there is the tiny flicker once in a while.

Another possibility is you have a ground loop. If adjusting the mix doesn't help, see if the machine has a ground loop isolator installed from the output on the sound board. I don't think these ship with that from the factory and some people have problems with that due to the wiring at their location.

JJP toppers have always flickered a bit (all the way back to WoZ ECLE). It's worse if you use the fade feature.

#10346 4 years ago

There is a lot of discussion about posts, slingshots etc. I am missing more threads regarding rules, scoring, strategies etc. For example I wondered when Keefer mentioned in this thread some days ago that hitting the extra ball right sling increases tortuga level by one. That was very helpful, but totally new to me. I wonder whether there are further unknown details beside the general rules described in some rulesheets or game descriptions. As far as I know, a complete rulesheet is not existing.

One concrete question regarding scoring. I understand that the scull values in each movie influence the scoring in the corresponding chapters of this movie and the chapter scores determine the values in the wizard mode of this movie. But what about the scoring in the multiballs, meaning jackpots and super jackpots. Do they have fixed values or are they depending on scull values as well or other varables. How knows details and which source is the best for this kind of information?

#10347 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have not looked on here to see if this has been answered, but does anyone know how to get the Arr Frenzy started?

I believe after completing PIRATE lanes 3 times it becomes one of the PIRATE award choices and a mystery award possibility.

#10348 4 years ago

#10349 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I believe after completing PIRATE lanes 3 times it becomes one of the PIRATE award choices and a mystery award possibility.

Correct! It's the pinkish purple inlane award. I've never seen it on Mystery though.

#10350 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

All you should need to do for Ragetti's add-a-ball is hit the action button as soon as the ball goes up on the Pearl. You can do it once per ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/207?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.