(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 378.
#10251 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

My friend, and former back-to-back Nevada state pinball champion... got to all 5 wizard modes last week! and I witnessed the whole game. (Game was set to 5 balls)
[quoted image]

W-O-W. Excellent game!

#10252 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd paint it chocolate brown so it matches the ship's "wood."

Agreed, I might paint it darker brown and do a black wash on it. But it really looks pretty good as is, better in person. The color matches the deck color pretty well, so it doesn’t look out of place when the game is rocking and rolling.

#10253 4 years ago

Hey well I need some help guys I hope I'm not totally screwed so I turn. On my new pirates game today and I got a error message I check it out and now none of my rgb or lights turn on I only got 10 games on it. The only thing that turns on are my spot lights any help would be appreciated (game seems to work fine) something about sling 21 not working or weak

20190606_191222 (resized).jpg20190606_191222 (resized).jpg
#10255 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I answered you in the other thread

Thank you so much everything is back to normal.. I was scared for a bit..

#10256 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hey well I need some help guys I hope I'm not totally screwed so I turn. On my new pirates game today and I got a error message I check it out and now none of my rgb or lights turn on I only got 10 games on it. The only thing that turns on are my spot lights any help would be appreciated (game seems to work fine) something about sling 21 not working or weak[quoted image]

Switch 21 is stuck closed. This means that the contacts are constantly touching. They should only touch when triggered by the ball. You need to separate the contacts so that only the ball causes them to touch. In short, properly gap the switch.

#10257 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

But I just got an email from JJP and Jack said this morning no more LE parts to be sold to SE owners. I know of a pinsider working on a mod for the spinning pirate, so maybe it doesn't matter.

That sucks. My SE comes tomorrow and I was hoping to order a few of the parts

#10258 4 years ago

I have a couple more of these shooter rod's if interested shoot me a PM

476c353b49f4d596187b645257833ca8ac1bc7d0 (resized).jpg476c353b49f4d596187b645257833ca8ac1bc7d0 (resized).jpg
#10259 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I have a couple more of these shooter rod's if interested shoot me a PM[quoted image]

Ahhaarrrrrrgh Gold!!!!

#10260 4 years ago

Paint it up, and proof it out. And I would be in for one!!

#10261 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Jack graciously gave me a call on a part question for JJPOTC. They simply ran out of parts and need all resources on Wonka now. He said the demand remains very high, as we know, and they simply didn't build enough machines. So...there is a definite possibility that they will build more LEs beyond the next two games, or if there is downtime between games. If they do build more LEs, there will be parts available to the Standard owners. It sounds like owners with playfield chipping can get a discounted playfield, but I didn't ask for more information. Here are the numbers, and I got permission:
1000 POTCs were built. 200 CEs, 650 LEs, and 150 Standards.
Jack wanted parts for 500 more, which he thinks would have sold easily, but there were some logistical decisions apparently that resulted in the 1000 number. All this to say, we are all pretty lucky to get these machines. My standard comes today, and I'm super excited. Jack is such a great guy, it was really fun to talk to him.

I love stats like this

#10262 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I love stats like this

Just confirms what we already knew based of the numbers stamped on the PF.

Only unknown if I recall was home many SE’s were built. The 1000 total number was spot on.

#10263 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just confirms what we already knew based of the numbers stamped on the PF.
Only unknown if I recall was home many SE’s were built. The 1000 total number was spot on.

Not sure why my LE was labeled 1111 though

#10264 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If forget the exact workings of how the numbers worked, I think maybe PinMonk maybe figured it out. I want to say the last 3 digits had meaning and the first didn’t? Again not sure.

#10265 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I have a couple more of these shooter rod's if interested shoot me a PM[quoted image]

I have this on mine. HIGHLY recommend.

#10266 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

On the badge on the head? That number is meaningless. People can request numbers for it.

#10267 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the badge on the head? That number is meaningless. People can request numbers for it.

It’s the one on actual PF. I wasn’t sure what number he was referring to.

#10268 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the CE came with a certificate or not?
Thanks

#10269 4 years ago

Interesting as stated, that the SE seems to the most limited But owning any version IMO is very special, I just found out I got the last SE from automated, pretty excited to get this amazing game in my home.

#10270 4 years ago

Well if Automated is out, these have to be nearly gone, at least in the US.

#10271 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Well if Automated is out, these have to be nearly gone, at least in the US.

I wonder what percentage of the 1000 made went overseas...

#10272 4 years ago

I must say Automated customer service has been top notch, I have never ordered from them before.

#10273 4 years ago

Is there an issue with heat related problems?

I've had my Peter's Pinball Open match last weekend and the game started to reset one time and a bit later turned itself off.
When I turned the game off and back on again, it reported something like "Bad environment".
I let the game off for about an hour and turned it back on and all was fine.
Could it be the room temperature of 26C and the game being on for about 6 hours?
Bad ventilation in the game?

Peter

20190530_164226a (resized).jpg20190530_164226a (resized).jpg
#10274 4 years ago

#10275 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Is there an issue with heat related problems?
I've had my Peter's Pinball Open match last weekend and the game started to reset one time and a bit later turned itself off.
When I turned the game off and back on again, it reported something like "Bad environment".
I let the game off for about an hour and turned it back on and all was fine.
Could it be the room temperature of 26C and the game being on for about 6 hours?
Bad ventilation in the game?
Peter[quoted image]

Are all your exhaust fans working (especially the one on the backbox)? 80F is not THAT hot. I'm assuming the "bad environment" refers to the operating system being corrupted, not your physical environment. Maybe you have a bad or failing SSD. I'd open a ticket at JJP.

#10276 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I've got a Standard NIB on the pallet delivered yesterday if anyone is interested. Regional would be best. I'm trading for a local LE. I'd sell it with the shaker and Devil's triangle, as well as the headphone jack assay at the amount I paid. I'd be perfectly happy with the Standard, but this came along, so why not. Low plays, basically new.

Lol right at the finish line you found your LE. Congrats!! Both are great but I suspect you will Love the LE.

#10277 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I've got a Standard NIB on the pallet delivered yesterday if anyone is interested. Regional would be best. I'm trading for a local LE. I'd sell it with the shaker and Devil's triangle, as well as the headphone jack assay at the amount I paid. I'd be perfectly happy with the Standard, but this came along, so why not. Low plays, basically new.

Good luck with the sale. Someone should snag this one right away as they probably won't make anymore and if they do it won't be for a really long time. I'd buy it if I were closer.

#10278 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Good luck with the sale. Someone should snag this one right away as they probably won't make anymore and if they do it won't be for a really long time. I'd buy it if I were closer.

Thank you! I posted that and then thought I'd better get the LE first...

#10279 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol right at the finish line you found your LE. Congrats!! Both are great but I suspect you will Love the LE.

Thanks! I'll need you to make me my number, when I get it!

#10280 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have this on mine. HIGHLY recommend.

Seconded!

#10281 4 years ago

Its in!!! This is AMAZING!!!!

AA18D38F-8243-491A-B3A1-B715BA57B0AB (resized).jpegAA18D38F-8243-491A-B3A1-B715BA57B0AB (resized).jpeg
#10282 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Its in!!! This is AMAZING!!!![quoted image]

Yeah, but was there a sale on paper towels or something?

#10283 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

was there a sale on paper towels or something?

Bounty. The quicker picker upper.

LTG : )

#10284 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That's what it looks like in our garage when Target puts the Bounty on a good sale.

#10285 4 years ago

So I was just playing..the LED screens both just went out...music was playing still, game was still active....but they went black (both main screen and mini). A reboot got it back to working again...What should I be checking for?

#10286 4 years ago

So I was just playing..the LED screens both just went out...music was playing still, game was still active....but they went black (both main screen and mini). A reboot got it back to working again...What should I be checking for?

Loose connections at the computer or screen.

#10287 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

Mine did.

#10288 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I would call that a bohemian sump pump! lol

#10289 4 years ago

Mine did this exact same thing one of the first times I had it on. Power cycle fixed it and it has never happened again. I reported this here and someone else said the same thing happened to them, never to happen again. Hopefully just a fluke...

#10290 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

With real wax stamp!

#10291 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I must say Automated customer service has been top notch, I have never ordered from them before.

I ordered my SE from Automated late Wednesday...already got it today at 2:15pm!

#10292 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Mine did this exact same thing one of the first times I had it on. Power cycle fixed it and it has never happened again. I reported this here and someone else said the same thing happened to them, never to happen again. Hopefully just a fluke...

According to the change log for .99, it fixed some monitor issues. I’m still on .98. I’m going to update it tonight

#10293 4 years ago

I put a deposit on an SE last week. Should be in my house Monday or Tuesday.

#10294 4 years ago

My TLDR JJP POTC Review:

I thought the praise this game was getting was hyperbole. I had fun playing it at TPF, but put a deposit on Wonka. After seeing all the love this game was getting, plus the fun I had at TPF I thought I would take a flyer on it. Particularly because of how scarce they were getting. I figured I could get Wonka later, but this might be the last chance for a while on this one. So I pulled the Wonka deposit and ordered an LE from Automated. And wow, I’ve had this machine for a week and my Q rating for a pinball machine has never been higher.

To be honest, Day 1 (week ago) I had some buyers remorse, my machine came loaded with every single one of the Top 10 defects. But it was here, and on my second floor, so it was staying. I’ve spent the last week working on the issues, using advice from LTG, Zaphx, Vireleand and many others and also leaning on JJP where needed (Steve has been great). And I’ve got the machine dialed in pretty well now. Add to that the outstanding mods from Mezel and Yelobird, and this machine is just about fully blueprinted.

This is peak pinball right now as far as I’m concerned, and this isn’t hyperbole. It checks all the boxes; art, graphics, sounds, music, voice work, layout, rules and world under glass mechanical magic.

Tonight my family and I were finally all able to get together and play this one, and between figuring rules out, activating the toys and plundering (bedlam!) we all had a great a time. And that’s really what this game delivers in spades, pinball joy. So thanks to the team that made this happen, you’ve raised the bar again and I can’t wait to see what’s next. That’s all for now, if you got this far, thanks for reading.

#10295 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

My TLDR JJP POTC Review:
I thought the praise this game was getting was hyperbole.

As you now know, no hyperbole. Eric did an amazing design (top 5 this century so far?), and Keith has fitted it with awesome rules that are only getting better. It deserves all the praise it's getting for home users and so far, here at least, it's killing it on the route earnings. I pegged it as the machine to be the vanguard of premium machine pricing shift into $1.50/play or $5/4 play and it hasn't skipped a beat. I keep waiting for the honeymoon to be over, but it's holding strong. This might finally be a WoZ-beater from JJP.

#10296 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WoZ-beater from JJP.

I never thought I'd see the day either. WOZ is the top of my list all time favorite games.

#10297 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

How much? Thx!

#10298 4 years ago

Does anyone here install the scoop lighting kit from Mezel mods need a better detail pic or possibly explain where it connects any help would be appreciated.

#10299 4 years ago

These were in the coin box...where should they go on the PF?
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#10300 4 years ago

These were in the coin box...where should the time go on the PF?[quoted image]

Slings and under the lockdown bar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/206 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.