(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 378.
#10201 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's pretty clear that the demand is high enough that another run will happen, but likely not until next year. This is NOT official, just my supposition based on large unmet demand and what JJP will be busy with between now and early 2020.
There's an LE right now in the pinside classifieds for $1500 over retail if you must have it. Some SEs are still listed in the classifieds and on ebay, too.

How do you gauge large unmet demand? You think they could sell 200 units @$11500?

As you note there is an unsold LE +$1500 over retail and standards still available.

I’m voting they won’t remake it, and if they do, prices will be a lot higher.

#10202 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How do you gauge large unmet demand? You think they could sell 200 units @$11500?
As you note there is an unsold LE +$1500 over retail and standards still available.
I’m voting they won’t remake it, and if they do, prices will be a lot higher.

The stoppage had nothing to do with demand.

#10203 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Y'all are wrong.
Hitting the spinners represents grabbing as much of One-Eyed Willy's treasure before the Fratelli's arrive.

Lol nice name drop

#10204 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They'll sell many more LEs than 200 at $9500 on a new run. Talk to distributors. They get calls about it all day long with cash in hand orders they can't fill. That's unmet demand.

#10205 4 years ago

So I just got off the phone with a representative at JJP because I wanted to order the devil's triangle rock formation, and she said they are no longer allowed to sell them... not that they were out... but specifically that they "could not sell anymore." She said originally they where ok'd to sell LE parts to SE owners, but that is now no longer allowed, so those of you that got them luccckkky.

#10206 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They'll sell many more LEs than 200 at $9500 on a new run. Talk to distributors. They get calls about it all day long with cash in hand orders they can't fill. That's unmet demand.

But what's the profit @9500?

I wonder if those people are interested only because it's not available, the rarity factor. Once you take that away, I'd wonder if that demand would still be there.

#10207 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

But what's the profit @9500?

That is a question for Jack. I'm sure it's a better margin at 2000 than 1000. I just know that walking away from hundreds of unmade sales that are not going to translate to Wonka is bad business. Jack will circle back.

#10208 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree with the unmet demand aspect of what your saying however, production stopped very abrubtly and running low on parts doesn’t cause that.

They either weren’t hitting margins due to delays and/or issues with game

Or the Disney firing Johnny may be part of it. We visit Disney frequently and last time we were down there they were talking about taking the ride back to pre 2006 status without sparrow. They are also really pulling back on the licensing of jack sparrow toys.

Not sure how this impacts a deal like they had with JJP but there maybe something to that.

My advice to those wanting the game, take what is available with the assumption it won’t be made again, it’s a great game!

#10209 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That is a question for Jack. I'm sure it's a better margin at 2000 than 1000. I just know that walking away from hundreds of unmade sales that are not going to translate to Wonka is bad business. Jack will circle back.

Jack said it was a 3 year deal which we are well into. Not sure if the delay cut into that or if the timing starts when the first one leaves the factory.
Jack seemed pretty sure at tpf that it wouldn’t happen and folks who spoke with Eric seemed to get the same feeling.

#10210 4 years ago

With the Devil’s Triangle it is largely irrelevant at the moment because there are almost none in stock and none on order.

#10211 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My advice to those wanting the game, take what is available with the assumption it won’t be made again, it’s a great game!

Oh, I'm not recommending people WAIT for another run. If they have a chance to buy one of any flavor, they should lock that down ASAP. I'm talking about the theoretical future, and that's no guarantee.

#10212 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

With the Devil’s Triangle it is largely irrelevant at the moment because there are almost none in stock and none on order.

That makes no sense...but ok

#10213 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

That makes no sense...but ok

People bought them up when they could and depleted what little was left.

LTG : )

#10214 4 years ago

It makes sense - production ended, what was left of stock shifted to customer service stock since Pirates is done with a D, there weren’t many left a few sold, now there are a scant few for stock in case. No more will be ordered by the factory going forward.

#10215 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Must admit it is refreshing and Amazing to see a game title with more Want adds then FS adds. You know you have a winner with that trend. I do hope JJP finds a way to bring this back for the masses to enjoy would be a shame to not see this great game out there.

If they don't remake it....Price will go up and I still wouldn't sell mine.

#10216 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Price will go up and I still wouldn't sell mine

I think this depends on if Eric designs a Goonies!!!

#10217 4 years ago

Yeah Goonies would be cool.

I don't think I've ever been this excited to get a game.

#10218 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

If they don't remake it....Price will go up and I still wouldn't sell mine.

Lol, my Preciousssss! Mine!

my-precious-quickmeme-com-smeagle-gets-his-ring-31071516 (resized).pngmy-precious-quickmeme-com-smeagle-gets-his-ring-31071516 (resized).png
#10219 4 years ago

Will the tortuga Tom work on an SE? Anyone know

#10220 4 years ago

They told me at JJP they would connect to a harness and work.

#10221 4 years ago

But I just got an email from JJP and Jack said this morning no more LE parts to be sold to SE owners. I know of a pinsider working on a mod for the spinning pirate, so maybe it doesn't matter.

#10222 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

But I just got an email from JJP and Jack said this morning no more LE parts to be sold to SE owners. I know of a pinsider working on a mod for the spinning pirate, so maybe it doesn't matter.

If you were to go this route my Guess is there are MANY removed Tortuga Toms available if you wanted to by one. Mine included. IF you were going to add the figure (which would work stationary) I would do as many others have done and opt for the Series one real figures off Ebay. Looks much better then OEM and probably less cost. If you get a spinning mech later it would still work with this figure. Good Luck.

#10223 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you were to go this route my Guess is there are MANY removed Tortuga Toms available if you wanted to by one. Mine included. IF you were going to add the figure (which would work stationary) I would do as many others have done and opt for the Series one real figures off Ebay. Looks much better then OEM and probably less cost. If you get a spinning mech later it would still work with this figure. Good Luck.

Sounds good, thanks for the advice. I've got to get a barrel full of your mods now... I hope they finish out any remaining LEs next year or reboot the line somehow with other trim options.

#10224 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The stoppage had nothing to do with demand.

But now the demand is because of the stoppage.

#10225 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

See, I disagree. I don't think it's FOMO driving demand.

It is the fact you need to spend a little time playing this game for it to truly put its hooks in you.
Once people play it, they want it.

#10226 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So true. Fits the can't have what you can't buy demand logic.

#10227 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Very true!

#10228 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See, I disagree. I don't think it's FOMO driving demand.
It is the fact you need to spend a little time playing this game for it to truly put its hooks in you.
Once people play it, they want it.

Yep took the parents to TPF. Mom spent half the day playing just pirates over and over. She ordered one the next day! Great game lots to do. Easy to play hard to master. Next machine I would really be intrested from jjp in would be Harry Potter, Jaws (although stern allegidly has this one) or a jjp style star wars. Oh and goonies would be awesome.

#10229 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yep took the parents to TPF. Mom spent half the day playing just pirates over and over. She ordered one the next day! Great game lots to do. Easy to play hard to master. Next machine I would really be intrested from jjp in would be Harry Potter, Jaws (although stern allegidly has this one) or a jjp style star wars. Oh and goonies would be awesome.

Has to be said. GREAT Mom! My mom could care less about pinball congrats!

#10230 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So true. Fits the can't have what you can't buy demand logic.

Once Jack's done making Wonka its reportedly Guns and Roses then Toy Story. Yes there's some money on the table to make a few more. But reportedly this game was a nightmare to build at the factory. But so long as you're selling all you can sell with the staffing you got, why look back? Wonka on the main line, WoZ on the small. And why ever pull WoZ, the gift that keeps giving? That said, nothing would surprise me long term. It's pinball.

#10231 4 years ago

Jack graciously gave me a call on a part question for JJPOTC. They simply ran out of parts and need all resources on Wonka now. He said the demand remains very high, as we know, and they simply didn't build enough machines. So...there is a definite possibility that they will build more LEs beyond the next two games, or if there is downtime between games. If they do build more LEs, there will be parts available to the Standard owners. It sounds like owners with playfield chipping can get a discounted playfield, but I didn't ask for more information. Here are the numbers, and I got permission:
1000 POTCs were built. 200 CEs, 650 LEs, and 150 Standards.
Jack wanted parts for 500 more, which he thinks would have sold easily, but there were some logistical decisions apparently that resulted in the 1000 number. All this to say, we are all pretty lucky to get these machines. My standard comes today, and I'm super excited. Jack is such a great guy, it was really fun to talk to him.

#10232 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I would agree. I was interested in this pin then I learned they were done making it so fear of losing out kicked in. I waited too long for the LE.

#10233 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I would agree. I was interested in this pin then I learned they were done making it so fear of losing out kicked in. I waited too long for the LE.

Based on my conversation with Jack, I'd be surprised if you won't be able to get an LE down the line. Grab a Standard for a while and have some fun. The differences aren't that much and mods are a lot of fun.

#10234 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Here are the numbers, and I got permission:
1000 POTCs were built. 200 CEs, 650 LEs, and 150 Standards.

Amazing. The SE's are the most rare edition of the game LOL.

#10235 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

The spinning mech is just a tiny DC motor that is in many cheap toys. I didn't look to see what kind of connector and where, but I can. The only real unique part is the barrel top and mount. It would take a bit of handy work and maybe someone doing some 3D printing but it should be able to be copied.

#10236 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Last hole closed.
STL templates as usual at thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818[quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine printed and installed today. Thanks again!

IMG_2321 (resized).jpegIMG_2321 (resized).jpeg
#10237 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

The spinning mech is just a tiny DC motor that is in many cheap toys. I didn't look to see what kind of connector and where, but I can. The only real unique part is the barrel top and mount. It would take a bit of handy work and maybe someone doing some 3D printing but it should be able to be copied.

I bet a lot of Standard owners would appreciate that!

#10238 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Mostly I lost the genetic lottery in terms of family heart disease history and being type 1 diabetic for 32 years which led to a heart attack.[quoted image]

Love your work Keffer! I already said get better now I’m saying your the man!

288BF02E-2CE2-4040-9DB2-D0F27A0271D3 (resized).jpeg288BF02E-2CE2-4040-9DB2-D0F27A0271D3 (resized).jpeg
#10239 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Amazing. The SE's are the most rare edition of the game LOL.

So is Spiderman home edition. Thunderbirds is SUPER rare. Rarity doesn't equal resale value.

#10240 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Got mine printed and installed today. Thanks again![quoted image]

I'd paint it chocolate brown so it matches the ship's "wood."

#10241 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That’s what I’ve been thinking also.
I wonder if someone like the modfather is eventually going to offer a bp painting option like he does with the ac/dc train?

#10242 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anyone willing to make some of these? Eh guys...? Wink wink!

#10243 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I personally like the window/porthole idea and may play around with that for the LE we have.

#10244 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I personally like the window/porthole idea and may play around with that for the LE we have.

I don’t think they had portholes on the old tall ships of that vintage. It was the diamond lead lined glass. And small square panes.

#10245 4 years ago

Psst.

Quoted from wesman:

F6BD2C76-8FDF-4BBE-B67D-7912B69874C2 (resized).jpegF6BD2C76-8FDF-4BBE-B67D-7912B69874C2 (resized).jpeg
#10246 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Psst.
[quoted image]

Where’s the light? Plastic translucent behind the window? Painted? Stop wasting time Harry! Chop chop!

#10247 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I don’t think they had portholes on the old tall ships of that vintage. It was the diamond lead lined glass. And small square panes.

They didn't have zombie skeletons and all the other fantastical stuff in the movies, either, if we're being slavish to the movies.

#10248 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They didn't have zombie skeletons and all the other fantastical stuff in the movies, either, if we're being slavish to the movies.

ouch!!!!

Harry hasn’t gone the portholes. I think that was more a Jules Verne look.

#10249 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So is Spiderman home edition. Thunderbirds is SUPER rare. Rarity doesn't equal resale value.

to be fair... neither of those games has LE and CE versions.

regardless i wasn't implying that SE's are all of the sudden going to be worth more. just that its a bit funny that they are the most limited edition which is likely the exact opposite of a Stern release. just an observation and what have you.

#10250 4 years ago

My friend, and former back-to-back Nevada state pinball champion... got to all 5 wizard modes last week! and I witnessed the whole game. (Game was set to 5 balls)
F0CFA9CB-697C-4351-9973-71FD91A0860F (resized).jpegF0CFA9CB-697C-4351-9973-71FD91A0860F (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/205?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.