(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 378.
#10151 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What pitch is the best to set potc? Just got mine in today SE model.... yup yup.. I'm finally in the club I'm excited[quoted image][quoted image]

The pitch you have in the 2nd photo is a bit steep.....

#10153 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I looked on their site didn’t see it listed do you have a link would really appreciate it

You have to call the parts department directly at JJP.

#10154 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

The other big change in 1.0 will run all the extra character benefits, which will open up a lot of new strategies. Can’t wait.

Plus and minus, or just the plus?

#10155 4 years ago

Mostly I lost the genetic lottery in terms of family heart disease history and being type 1 diabetic for 32 years which led to a heart attack.

but-im-feeling-much-better-now (resized).jpgbut-im-feeling-much-better-now (resized).jpg
#10156 4 years ago

Had a good game today, kept multiball alive for awhile. Made it look easy for a couple minutes, but the awesome number of shows and flow possible with those shots helped a ton.

62113066_407314973199719_6918751280844242944_n (resized).jpg62113066_407314973199719_6918751280844242944_n (resized).jpg
#10157 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Mostly I lost the genetic lottery in terms of family heart disease history and being type 1 diabetic for 32 years which led to a heart attack.[quoted image]

Oh dear! I hope the heart attack wasn't too serious. Glad you're still with us, but do take care of yourself first and pinball code second. Love what you do, but not at the expense of your life.

#10158 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh dear! I hope the heart attack wasn't too serious. Glad you're still with us, but do take care of yourself first and pinball code second. Love what you do, but not at the expense of your life.

Agreed! Focus on recover pinball_keefer

#10159 4 years ago

Mostly I lost the genetic lottery in terms of family heart disease history and being type 1 diabetic for 32 years which led to a heart attack.[quoted image]

yikes man. sending good vibes in your direction.

love the game so far and can't wait to see what other stuff you have in the works. health is a priority so please don't stress over it.

i mean.... we are all still waiting on ghostbusters code and whatnot lol!

#10160 4 years ago

I like it Harry. Should they be a bit reflective though. Would be good if this could be a semi transparent to go over the original decals, so it still has the flash?

Actually being dumb!!! If you leave the other side as is they will still flash when hit and the contrast between the sides will probably create more of a spinning effect.

It does look better though IMO. the spinners currently are too silvery and detract from the aesthetics.

#10161 4 years ago

I had a EOS error on my Black Pearl. Pulled the Pearl to find the wires on the EOS came off. Soldered them back on, reinstalled the Black Pearl... What connector does the Black Pearl ethernet cable connect to under the playfield. Looking in the manual, I would say P908 but the manual also shows the P6 light board connected into P906 while mine is in P904 and I did not touch that cable.

Where does your Black Pearl ethernet cable connect on board P9?

#10162 4 years ago

Really sorry to hear that Keith. Good to hear you are on the mend. Doesn’t help with dickheads like me hassling you all the time. Well done on this magnificent game. And I love my TSPP as well. Pirates has me thinking about it through the day when I should be being more productive. A real gem! Take it easy and thanks again.

#10163 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What pitch is the best to set potc? Just got mine in today SE model.... yup yup.. I'm finally in the club I'm excited[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine ships tomorrow!!

#10164 4 years ago

Oh man … we all wish you well. Glad you're feeling better again. Take care with all of those blood thinners. Once you are fully back, all of those wild and crazy ideas you thought of while you were bored can come to life. Until then, your health comes first.

#10165 4 years ago

So I knew I had to hit the 3x target. I cradled and stared at that star map for a while. I never could see anything that looked like an X or a 3. I just can't get it.

#10166 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So I knew I had to hit the 3x target. I cradled and stared at that star map for a while. I never could see anything that looked like an X or a 3. I just can't get it.

There is usually an x in the bottom right corner. Once you recognise the one x, check whether there are other x shapes flashing. I think it’s a cluster of 3x3 for each x. Count the number of x patterns. That’s the switch to hit.

#10167 4 years ago

Very sorry to hear that and very glad you're still sailing the pirate seas with us. This game is already brilliant as is, and anything more will be icing on the cake. Even though it's all too easy to get caught up in the rat race, health before work always. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

#10168 4 years ago

Mostly I lost the genetic lottery in terms of family heart disease history and being type 1 diabetic for 32 years which led to a heart attack.

I hope you are able to get the help needed to have a long and healthy life.

LTG : )

#10169 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can confirm that Norrington blows up your scores and drops you in wizard modes faster. Just did a "quick" test on the route machine and got almost 2 million and two wizard modes without even really playing.
Having seen 4 of the 5 wizard modes now, I wish there was more of an audible guidance about what the heck you're supposed to be doing instead of just shooting at the lit shots and hoping it progresses the mode.

Yep just finally saw the 5th wiz mode today DMTNT. And I agree All the wizard modes need some explanation to them. It already stops the ball should give us a good briefing on what to do. With tha t said all the wizard modes ive figured out on the second or 3rd go. Sure there is some stuff i still dont understand

#10170 4 years ago

Well happy birthday to me!

0605192044 (resized).jpg0605192044 (resized).jpg
#10171 4 years ago

Most noticeable differences in terms of game play with 0.99 code?

#10172 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Well happy birthday to me![quoted image]

Happy birthday ya big lug!!

#10173 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Most noticeable differences in terms of game play with 0.99 code?

Not really much that was changed that I really noticed a big difference on. I did notice carina now always has 3 chapters like she is supposed to. The occasional pirate hat or eyepatch on pictures. Some "assets" were moved around IE they changed the points values on some things. My scores overall have went down but i almost always play a couple of characters (trying to change that). There is a changelog on the jjp website right next to the update

#10174 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Not really much that was changed that I really noticed a big difference on. I did notice carina now always has 3 chapters like she is supposed to. The occasional pirate hat or eyepatch on pictures. Some "assets" were moved around IE they changed the points values on some things. My scores overall have went down but i almost always play a couple of characters (trying to change that). There is a changelog on the jjp website right next to the update

Nice. Yea I'm familiar with the laundry list of changes, but i was just curious what was felt real world. I had a feeling not a ton with probably the most noticeable difference being the picture add ons.

Appreciate the feedback!

#10175 4 years ago

I believe they are designed to be sails not sure how doors fit the theme objective? Then again not sure how to make them look like sails either...

#10176 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I believe they are designed to be sails not sure how doors fit the theme objective? Then again not sure how to make them look like sails either...

Wow! Never noticed there’s a sail just sitting there at the entrance of the Devil’s Triangle!!

#10177 4 years ago

Gods speed to you Keith. I sincerely hope you have a full and healthy recovery. Puts real life into perspective especially priorities. I personally don't care if you work on Pirates for 10 years, every time I play it I am amazing with what you and your team have done. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us.

#10178 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Cool! I think I’m gonna go open mine up and have fun! Got my financial situation straight and I’m good to go! Time to unbox!

So glad to hear your family situation is stable again. I actually applaud that you considered your families well being over a guilty pleasure no matter how great it is. I suspect after playing it for awhile you will soon find it a permanent position in your lineup.

#10179 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just looked through the rules nothing mentioning sails. It just says to hit the spinners to search for a ship. I think Eric did say hit them to raise the sails in the SDTM episode, but they don’t look like sails as you pointed out. And as I said in my very witty barb, the same spinner is used in the Devil’s Triangle.

It could be taken as you are kicking the crew out of their quarters and it shows activity in rushing out on to the deck. There you go! There’s a bullshit explanation that will make doors work. Full steam ahead Harry!

#10180 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why would sails be below the upper railing?

#10181 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Why would sails be below the upper railing?

I think hitting them is supposed to be the mechanism that raises the invisible sails, like the crank they use on the deck or whatever. As you continue to rip the spinners the ship does pick up speed in its rocking motion.

#10182 4 years ago

Trying to find one of these in Canada, but no luck. All of the LEs and SEs appear to be gone already. Any hope of a new run?

#10183 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pirate attract music!

This!!!

#10184 4 years ago

Here's to you pinball_keefer Get well matey!

#10185 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just looked through the rules nothing mentioning sails. It just says to hit the spinners to search for a ship. I think Eric did say hit them to raise the sails in the SDTM episode, but they don’t look like sails as you pointed out. And as I said in my very witty barb, the same spinner is used in the Devil’s Triangle.
It could be taken as you are kicking the crew out of their quarters and it shows activity in rushing out on to the deck. There you go! There’s a bullshit explanation that will make doors work. Full steam ahead Harry!

Y'all are wrong.
Hitting the spinners represents grabbing as much of One-Eyed Willy's treasure before the Fratelli's arrive.

#10186 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think hitting them is supposed to be the mechanism that raises the invisible sails, like the crank they use on the deck or whatever. As you continue to rip the spinners the ship does pick up speed in its rocking motion.

I don't think sails are still a thing.

I think that was in pre-production, where the released game uses the spinners to catch up to the ship. You can see the animation where the two ships close in on each other.

#10187 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think that was in pre-production, where the released game uses the spinners to catch up to the ship. You can see the animation where the two ships close in on each other.

That’s right pirate ships were paddle steamers!!!

#10188 4 years ago

The Radcals on POTC CE are great, but they aren't as shiny and blinding like the Dialed in CEs.

#10189 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Didn’t really think about that but I do recall seeing that.

#10190 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Y'all are wrong.
Hitting the spinners represents grabbing as much of One-Eyed Willy's treasure before the Fratelli's arrive.

Goonies would be the ultimate theme for JJP to tackle in my opinion.

Come on JJP do it!

#10191 4 years ago

"Raising the sails" for the first step to earn BP multiball is merely symbolic. And arbitrary. It could just as easily be "weighing anchor" or "casting off lines".

#10192 4 years ago

I am very sorry to hear that! But glad you are doing better...

I currently have three of your games in my collection of nine, and the code on each one is the "best in class" in their respective era's IMO.

Looking forward to seeing all the games you will be working on in the years/decades to come

#10193 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep wasn't sure but I remember it saying to raise the sails so I assumed thats what those were. lol

#10194 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Just picked up one of the last few remaining POTC SEs from Automated services...said they have 4 left in their stock just FYI!

Wow....great...thought they were all gone!

#10195 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The Radcals on POTC CE are great, but they aren't as shiny and blinding like the Dialed in CEs.

Is that a Good thing or Bad thing in your opinion?

#10196 4 years ago

Take as much time off as needed Keith and Hope everything is Good with you! God Bless!

#10197 4 years ago
5F4947ED-B67F-463A-BB05-B56F10D38252.gif5F4947ED-B67F-463A-BB05-B56F10D38252.gif
#10198 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

That stainless looks really great! Mine is coming today.

#10199 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Trying to find one of these in Canada, but no luck. All of the LEs and SEs appear to be gone already. Any hope of a new run?

It's pretty clear that the demand is high enough that another run will happen, but likely not until next year. This is NOT official, just my supposition based on large unmet demand and what JJP will be busy with between now and early 2020.

There's an LE right now in the pinside classifieds for $1500 over retail if you must have it. Some SEs are still listed in the classifieds and on ebay, too.

#10200 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's pretty clear that the demand is high enough that another run will happen, but likely not until next year. This is NOT official, just my supposition based on large unmet demand and what JJP will be busy with between now and early 2020.
There's an LE right now in the pinside classifieds for $1500 over retail if you must have it. Some SEs are still listed in the classifieds and on ebay, too.

Must admit it is refreshing and Amazing to see a game title with more Want adds then FS adds. You know you have a winner with that trend. I do hope JJP finds a way to bring this back for the masses to enjoy would be a shame to not see this great game out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/204?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.