(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 377.
#10101 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So many ideas you’re having Harry. I was going to say that’s a bit large for the black pearl opto protector!!! Whatever it takes!!!

Side effect, or blessed benefit Either way my opto isn't getting hit again!

#10102 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Side effect, or blessed benefit Either way my opto isn't getting hit again!

Gotta protect your back man!!!

#10103 4 years ago

Last hole closed.
STL templates as usual at thingiverse

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818

doornachher1 (resized).jpgdoornachher1 (resized).jpgdoorvorher (resized).jpgdoorvorher (resized).jpg
#10104 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Last hole closed.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh nice!

#10105 4 years ago

I promise I won't double post in each thread but I'm really getting excited. Template is under way. It's gonna look so much better.[quoted image]

Minor FYI but your dog is facing the wrong way. If you face him In toward the playfield by design the XXX will be toward the player and the flasher will be more than visible.

#10106 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Last hole closed.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool man - thanks. Gotta ask though - why does the door have stones around it? Adapted from a castle mod?

#10107 4 years ago

Got the BP deck mod in from mezel mod, super sweet! Really completes the top. Now if we can get something like this to complete the BP.
I also turned down my ship VUK to 19 and sounds much better as well as saving a opto.
Got my cliffy's in yesterday as well. Have to wait for a good whole day off to do this one as I will also do a full cleaning.
Other then that, the pin is holding up well and still being enjoyed. My poor Star Trek prem is now being neglected though!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10108 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Got the BP deck mod in from mezel mod, super sweet! Really completes the top. Now if we can get something like this to complete the BP.
I also turned down my ship VUK to 19 and sounds much better as well as saving a opto.
Got my cliffy's in yesterday as well. Have to wait for a good whole day off to do this one as I will also do a full cleaning.
Other then that, the pin is holding up well and still being enjoyed. My poor Star Trek prem is now being neglected though![quoted image]

Oh nice! Did you print off the cabin door plastic too? Looks really good!

How'd you feel about the Pearl deck installation? Mine doesn't seem entirely flush.

A full day of relaxed work will definitely allow you time for the Cliffy installation!

#10109 4 years ago

No,I just copied the pic. I do think this would be a great mod though!

#10110 4 years ago

Just picked up one of the last few remaining POTC SEs from Automated services...said they have 4 left in their stock just FYI!

#10111 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cool man - thanks. Gotta ask though - why does the door have stones around it? Adapted from a castle mod?

On thingiverse is also a wood version.
I liked this one better, although it is not so suitable for a ship.

#10112 4 years ago

Nice work on all the 3D models Agima! I've ordered a roll of 'coffee' colored filament for the printer.

I wonder if there's enough depth there for a gold chest, or a pile of gold, something like that. To go thematically with the 'spot gold' targets. Might see if I can come up with something.

#10113 4 years ago

Any rumors about the upcoming 1.x update?

#10114 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well Keith posted that it will have the number of balls per game on the attract mode screen with the cost per play, which is GREAT for operators transitioning to more sustainable pricing (we're doing $1.50/play or $5/4 plays for the first time on jjPotC and it's going well) by using 4 ball games as a perk. Looking forward to the update just for THAT, but I'm sure there will be a lot of great game improvements (hopefully shaker integration when you blow up the ship, and a little longer play on the clip before it puts the ball back in play).

#10115 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I feel like its been 4+ months of radio silence on any sort of update for the game and nothing substantial has really been leaked. Unless they put out machines at events with updated code... wasn't the last we really saw of anything the Valentines Day Dead Flip stream? And from what I remember from that there really wasn't anything that stood out as a major change in the game.

it is pretty crazy how long the game has sat at sub 1.0 code considering they 'announced' in what seems like December of last year.

#10116 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

I feel like its been 4+ months of radio silence on any sort of update for the game and nothing substantial has really been leaked. Unless they put out machines at events with updated code... wasn't the last we really saw of anything the Valentines Day Dead Flip stream? And from what I remember from that there really wasn't anything that stood out as a major change in the game.
it is pretty crazy how long the game has sat at sub 1.0 code considering they 'announced' in what seems like December of last year.

Yeah. I hope that means a big 1.x update is coming. Eric at TPF said Keith was working on the games super wizard mode and that its coming together nicely. That was over 2 months ago. Maybe Keith got shifted to Wonka for a bit? I hope not and that hes still on Pirates for a while longer.

#10117 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Minor FYI but your dog is facing the wrong way. If you face him In toward the playfield by design the XXX will be toward the player and the flasher will be more than visible.

Doh! Ty!

#10118 4 years ago

at TPF Eric also alluded to Keith's health issues slowing things down a bit. Rest assured, more is coming after the release of 0.99. Keith posts here so I am not trying to speak for him of course.

#10119 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

at TPF Eric also alluded to Keith's health issues slowing things down a bit. Rest assured, more is coming after the release of 0.99. Keith posts here so I am not trying to speak for him of course.

Yeah I think he said he was out sick for a couple weeks at the time but is now back. Hope hes feeling back to 100%.

#10120 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I think he said he was out sick for a couple weeks at the time but is now back. Hope hes feeling back to 100%.

Keefer is the father of modern pinball code. If we ever lost him, the hobby would never be the same, that's for sure. Hope he gets better

#10121 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Keefer is the father of modern pinball code. If we ever lost him, the hobby would never be the same, that's for sure. Hope he gets better

He's my favorite programmer, love all of his games. Keith is the Yoda, the grand master, of pinball coding

#10122 4 years ago

Since we’re on the subject of mods, I did this to cover the little black box hanging on the maelstrom. Not sure I’ll keep it on there but for now I’ll try it out.

B79A65BC-1167-4707-B5B0-4C901454D8AB (resized).jpegB79A65BC-1167-4707-B5B0-4C901454D8AB (resized).jpeg
#10123 4 years ago

I am still confused on this issue with mine. I swear I'll hit an inner loop shot from launch no problem and then the very next shot will hit the BP entry for no reason I can tell. The shot is pretty much identical, same speed, etc. I've had it where I was on my 4th or 5th loop and the same thing happens. Yeah, I know if the shot is soft it will get pulled into the BP but these are clean, good speed shots. I'll check the optos when I get in there eventually to do all the other work.

I totally agree! One of these days I'll have to pull the BP and see why this is happening. I'm guessing there's a bug in the code and the magnet is stopping the orbit (what else could it be).

#10124 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Check out this update... going to add several more clips from the film but just making some custom cg fx. Also threw in something for Road Show.

Too bad the PinLightShield board is no longer available - could have used that to trigger video clips based on physical game events.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/always-wanted-to-build-your-own-pinball-lightmod

#10125 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I totally agree! One of these days I'll have to pull the BP and see why this is happening. I'm guessing there's a bug in the code and the magnet is stopping the orbit (what else could it be).

I *think* I can sense when the magnet captures the ball (I have almost all games with magnets, ironically) and I don't think that is what is happening for most of these times. I know that since I turned the flippers down again I don't have left orbit airballs flying over the chapter select plastic. But I think that is unrelated to the right inner loop. Maybe the ball guide needs to be waxed or aligned.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10126 4 years ago

You guys know of any toppers out there for this game... not the old school skull one that was for the Stern version

#10127 4 years ago

Here is a Black Pearl in a bottle out of Vietnam...but it's only 11 inches long. Can't seem to find a larger one in a bottle.

Henessy Bt (resized).jpgHenessy Bt (resized).jpg
#10128 4 years ago

Uh.... Aside from the code drop a few weeks ago and the chief coder himself dropping juicy bits re awesome new character abilities... Yeah there is radio silence. .

I think you missed a few posts on this thread! Understandable but certainly incorrect info here.

#10129 4 years ago

What about the devil's triangle, I could have sworn someone mentioned that part can be bought. Does anyone know?

#10130 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Can't seem to find a larger one in a bottle.

5 gallon plastic carboy for making beer. Revell pirate ship kit.

LTG : )

5galcarboy (resized).JPG5galcarboy (resized).JPGpship (resized).jpgpship (resized).jpg
#10131 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

What about the devil's triangle, I could have sworn someone mentioned that part can be bought. Does anyone know?

JJP has it

#10132 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

5 gallon plastic carboy for making beer. Revell pirate ship kit.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm, interesting!...

#10133 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Uh.... Aside from the code drop a few weeks ago and the chief coder himself dropping juicy bits re awesome new character abilities... Yeah there is radio silence. .
I think you missed a few posts on this thread! Understandable but certainly incorrect info here.

Fair enough. The thread kind of turned into a mixture of "how many more superficial mods can i stuff in my game?"(no offense @yelobird) and "how can i protect my playfield?"versus an actual thread about playing the game itself/strategy/etc so I definitely haven't been keeping up on it as much as I used to.

so a final wizard mode, some character tweaks and some QOL tweaks for operators. is that the rumors we have at this point?

#10134 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Hmm, interesting!...

Assemble ship and paint black. Cut rectangle hole in bottom or bottle. Mount ship on something flat, hinge one end and secure to a base. Figure a cam for the other end to rock ship up and down. A switch on the bottom of the flat thing for lightening bright lights going on and off. An old Erector set motor for the cam, plug into AC and it will run forever. Figure a wave or two sliding back and forth. And you can make the whole topper two sided.

LTG : )

#10135 4 years ago

Fair enough. The thread kind of turned into a mixture of
"how many more superficial mods can i stuff in my game?"(no offense yelobird) and
"how can i protect my playfield?"versus an actual thread about playing the game itself/strategy/etc so I definitely haven't been keeping up on it as much as I used to.
so a final wizard mode, some character tweaks and some QOL tweaks for operators. is that the rumors we have at this point?

Here's a thread I started on community requests. Not sure if anyone from JJP will pay attention, no response but if you want to see what people have been wanting: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-

#10136 4 years ago

my CE I got has radcals. Did all CE have radcals? Is there any way I can damage them by screwing in the legs too tight? I thought I heard a crack when I screwed in one of the bolts and I didn't even do it that tight.
Thanks

#10137 4 years ago

Oh and also my topper is relatively noisy, not too bad, but audible. I love it, its awesome, is there any maintenance required on it?
Thanks

#10138 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my CE I got has radcals. Did all CE have radcals? Is there any way I can damage them by screwing in the legs too tight? I thought I heard a crack when I screwed in one of the bolts and I didn't even do it that tight.
Thanks

Yes, CEs have radcals. Did you use the felt pads?

#10139 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, CEs have radcals. Did you use the felt pads?

I was pretty sure my POTC also has the metal leg protectors on the outside of the cabinet. Those should keep the legs away from the cabinet and the rad cals, I thought. I added them to my WPC games for the same purpose.

#10140 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Since we’re on the subject of mods, I did this to cover the little black box hanging on the maelstrom. Not sure I’ll keep it on there but for now I’ll try it out.[quoted image]

In the olden days they used to put rubber caps over the switches on some machines to clean up the look. I wish they still did that.

#10141 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Just picked up one of the last few remaining POTC SEs from Automated services...said they have 4 left in their stock just FYI!

Cool! I think I’m gonna go open mine up and have fun! Got my financial situation straight and I’m good to go! Time to unbox!

#10142 4 years ago

I can confirm that Norrington blows up your scores and drops you in wizard modes faster. Just did a "quick" test on the route machine and got almost 2 million and two wizard modes without even really playing.

Having seen 4 of the 5 wizard modes now, I wish there was more of an audible guidance about what the heck you're supposed to be doing instead of just shooting at the lit shots and hoping it progresses the mode.

#10143 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

You guys know of any toppers out there for this game... not the old school skull one that was for the Stern version

Found an awesome topper for POTC....wait, oops wrong POTC....

72FE55D6-75B3-4D95-9FD5-30DF1C2BF858 (resized).jpeg72FE55D6-75B3-4D95-9FD5-30DF1C2BF858 (resized).jpeg
#10144 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Closing in on post #10,000 on this topic. I remember when I first started following it in Dec when I got my machine I think the topic had about 25-30 pages and something like 1,300-1,400 posts. Who’s going to be the author of post #10,000?

Probably that dude with the Yoda avatar picture out of North Carolina...

#10145 4 years ago

Fair enough. The thread kind of turned into a mixture of
"how many more superficial mods can i stuff in my game?"(no offense yelobird) and
"how can i protect my playfield?"versus an actual thread about playing the game itself/strategy/etc so I definitely haven't been keeping up on it as much as I used to.

I understand and your list matches mine. I am not expecting more than that BUT even the last update had some pie in the sky surprises like the bits added to your pictures

#10146 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can confirm that Norrington blows up your scores and drops you in wizard modes faster. Just did a "quick" test on the route machine and got almost 2 million and two wizard modes without even really playing.
Having seen 4 of the 5 wizard modes now, I wish there was more of an audible guidance about what the heck you're supposed to be doing instead of just shooting at the lit shots and hoping it progresses the mode.

The wizard modes in general could use a little more fanfare. They are fun and I think what they did is great but need just a little polish.

I agree on the Norrington assessment, has allowed me to get deeper into the game. Calypso is good to focus on one particular wizard mode.

Did I mention we really need some Pirate attract music! Lol

#10147 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

JJP has it

I looked on their site didn’t see it listed do you have a link would really appreciate it

#10148 4 years ago

The other big change in 1.0 will run all the extra character benefits, which will open up a lot of new strategies. Can’t wait.

#10149 4 years ago

What pitch is the best to set potc? Just got mine in today SE model.... yup yup.. I'm finally in the club I'm excited

20190605_160730 (resized).jpg20190605_160730 (resized).jpg20190605_161313 (resized).jpg20190605_161313 (resized).jpg
#10150 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What pitch is the best to set potc? Just got mine in today SE model.... yup yup.. I'm finally in the club I'm excited[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, matey!!

Top of the bubble on the second line from the bottom is where they recommend it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/203?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.