(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 378.
#10051 4 years ago

Does anyone know what playfield toys are missing on the SE?

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Does anyone know what playfield toys are missing on the SE?

Spinning Tortuga Tom, which you can buy, Devil's Triangle arch over left wireform, which you can buy, starfield, which you can't buy but some of us are working on a lighting mod, and I believe a couple of barrel plastics over the pop bumpers.

#10053 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Inner loop to skill shot

I am still confused on this issue with mine. I swear I'll hit an inner loop shot from launch no problem and then the very next shot will hit the BP entry for no reason I can tell. The shot is pretty much identical, same speed, etc. I've had it where I was on my 4th or 5th loop and the same thing happens. Yeah, I know if the shot is soft it will get pulled into the BP but these are clean, good speed shots. I'll check the optos when I get in there eventually to do all the other work.

#10054 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Spinning Tortuga Tom, which you can buy, Devil's Triangle arch over left wireform, which you can buy, starfield, which you can't buy but some of us are working on a lighting mod, and I believe a couple of barrel plastics over the pop bumpers.

Where is the triangle arch available?

#10055 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Where is the triangle arch available?

JJP has them, around $50. Tortuga tom is $220, but stay tuned because a pinsider is working on a mod.

#10056 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

JJP has them, around $50. Tortuga tom is $220, but stay tuned because a pinsider is working on a mod.

I just ordered stuff from JJP too, oh well I'll wait. I bought a Jack Sparrow figure for the pop bumper already, I don't need it to spin.

#10057 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Have you given Norrington a try? I used to only play Tia Dalma but have switched more to Norrington on advice from a post some time back. Completing chapters is faster with him and I find that helps me complete a movie to get to wizard modes. It doesn't seem like it should work out that way but I'm not a great shot and I seem to do better when I'm not trying to be a sniper to start a particular movie chapter and instead just go more with the flow of the shots. When I play Norrington I get more into that mindset of not trying to be too perfect with the order of my shots so it seems to work out for me. The combination of all the different shots & characters in this game really is amazing.

Norrington is my goto as you can complete chapters insanely fast. Norrington with 1 multiball I can fairly often complete 3-4 chapters. Best game I've had with him I had 2 wiz modes qualified with 1 almost qualified (17 or 18 completed chapters). Tia Dalma is where I go if I want to increase my chance to get to wiz mode as I can blow things up then select what chapter I want to play. Not too hard to do 5 chapters in one game with her, although 2 months in I still have not seen the last wizard mode DMTNT. Past couple days ive been focusing on it gettign pretty good at the devils triangle shot just a matter of putitng everything together now

#10058 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Norrington is my goto as you can complete chapters insanely fast. Norrington with 1 multiball I can fairly often complete 3-4 chapters. Best game I've had with him I had 2 wiz modes qualified with 1 almost qualified (17 or 18 completed chapters). Tia Dalma is where I go if I want to increase my chance to get to wiz mode as I can blow things up then select what chapter I want to play. Not too hard to do 5 chapters in one game with her, although 2 months in I still have not seen the last wizard mode DMTNT. Past couple days ive been focusing on it gettign pretty good at the devils triangle shot just a matter of putitng everything together now

Yep, Devil’s Triangle and Extra Ball shots give me fits. Can’t hit them when I’m trying but when I don’t need to hit them the ball frequently finds it’s way there as if to say “it’s this way, moron”. Love the challenge - it keeps me playing game after game.

#10059 4 years ago

Had this from day 1, mentioned before and I think Keith mentioned a while back the code logic to this would be looked at.

Funny though how some have it and others dont. Hoping to beat that loop champ “4” in future.. I know I can if it would let me !

Quoted from harryhoudini:

I am still confused on this issue with mine. I swear I'll hit an inner loop shot from launch no problem and then the very next shot will hit the BP entry for no reason I can tell. The shot is pretty much identical, same speed, etc. I've had it where I was on my 4th or 5th loop and the same thing happens. Yeah, I know if the shot is soft it will get pulled into the BP but these are clean, good speed shots. I'll check the optos when I get in there eventually to do all the other work.

#10060 4 years ago

Is there anything better in this game than hitting a bullseye on Dauntless? Love the metal on metal 'CLANK' and accompanying sound and light show.

Only wish I could load the cannon more consistently. What's a good strategy for loading the cannon once the door is open? I can't find any consistent shot for getting it in there. At the moment I more or less flail and hope for the best.

#10061 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Only wish I could load the cannon more consistently. What's a good strategy for loading the cannon once the door is open? I can't find any consistent shot for getting it in there. At the moment I more or less flail and hope for the best.

I am terrible at this too! I need to study some of the videos. I feel like backhanding it from the left flipper is a common way, but I can never seem to do it.

#10062 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Only wish I could load the cannon more consistently. What's a good strategy for loading the cannon once the door is open? I can't find any consistent shot for getting it in there.

That's the best thing about it, that you don't get to do it very often. When it does happen, you're like "oh shit, I get to shoot the cannon!". I'm used to the switch notification when I start my game up, yep its the dauntless switch. However, I did get the super jackpot on curse of the black pearl multiball once, I just had to let all the other balls drain out while I focused on loading the cannon with the ball that was on the pearl.

#10063 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Is there anything better in this game than hitting a bullseye on Dauntless? Love the metal on metal 'CLANK' and accompanying sound and light show.

I have found two ways to load the cannon:

1. Cradle on the left flipper and try to greek it up there. (Harder)
2. Try and hit it from the tip of the right flipper as the boat is listing to the left. (Easier)

Method #2 did not work until I corrected an issue with my right flipper binding. I discovered this during waxing when I found the right flipper had a lot more resistance than the left. Easily fixed by adjusting the vertical position on the coil so the plunger went into the coil straight.

#10064 4 years ago

I'm curious which character you guys have your highest score with? I'm not sure if that's telling of anything regarding the charter perks or just where you had your lucky game. I think mines the latter. Cutler Beckett is 1st (I do like how I only have to hit the gold button once) with Pintel as my second highest score. Funny thing is that I don't play those two as much as some of the other characters like Blackbeard, Norrington, or Carina (I need all the time I can get, since I can't shoot to save my life).

#10065 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Backhanding is the way I have the most success, unless the pearl is rocking really fast.

#10066 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Definitely! I love hearing that clank too! The variability of the shot from both flippers combined with the ship rocking makes it a pretty different challenge each time. Very fun though and that sound really does add to it. My best chance for loading the cannon seems to be when the ball happens to be at the left flipper as the ship is rocking left. I’ve yet to develop any consistency in being able to arrange those two things occurring at the same time though. Most of the time I’m just trying to keep it on board as long as possible and hoping for the best.

#10067 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Cradle with left BP flipper and wait for ship to rock all the way left is what i found to be best for me

#10068 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have found two ways to load the cannon:
1. Cradle on the left flipper and try to greek it up there. (Harder)
2. Try and hit it from the tip of the right flipper as the boat is listing to the left. (Easier)
Method #2 did not work until I corrected an issue with my right flipper binding. I discovered this during waxing when I found the right flipper had a lot more resistance than the left. Easily fixed by adjusting the vertical position on the coil so the plunger went into the coil straight.

Exactly, those are the same two shots I use and it's getting a lot easier. Really a lot to do with timing the shot with the rocking and how much the ship is rocking as the intensity increases throughout the game. The man overboard is really a bit of a soul crusher with the *thunk* at the end.

#10069 4 years ago

Exactly, those are the same two shots I use and it's getting a lot easier. Really a lot to do with timing the shot with the rocking and how much the ship is rocking as the intensity increases throughout the game. The man overboard is really a bit of a soul crusher with the *thunk* at the end.

I kinda love it though - it does have a "walk the plank" feel. The first time it happened to me I said "man overboard!" I didn't even know about the artwork back there saying the same.

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I kinda love it though - it does have a "walk the plank" feel. The first time it happened to me I said "man overboard!" I didn't even know about the artwork back there saying the same.

The little touches like that really put the game "overboard".

#10071 4 years ago

The little touches like that really put the game "overboard".

Do you guys take advantage of overboard to collect open sea characters?

#10072 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do you guys take advantage of overboard to collect open sea characters?

Accidentally, yes. lol.

#10073 4 years ago

Ok, no one wanted to step up so I am going to work on this. Who's in?

Cardboard mock up of the shape
0604191658 (resized).jpg0604191658 (resized).jpg

Oh snap, VUK bash protection?!
0604191658a (resized).jpg0604191658a (resized).jpg

Upper railing installed
0604191659 (resized).jpg0604191659 (resized).jpg

Working on a prototype 3D printed part.

#10074 4 years ago

Ok, no one wanted to step up so I am going to work on this. Who's in?
Cardboard mock up of the shape
[quoted image]
Oh snap, VUK bash protection?!
[quoted image]
Upper railing installed
[quoted image]
Working on a prototype 3D printed part.

Thoughts on art or wheel decal or something?

#10075 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thoughts on art or wheel decal or something?

It will definitely have the same wood plank texture and color as the rest. The wheel might look a bit out of place, but here is one thought.

0604191652_HDR (resized).jpg0604191652_HDR (resized).jpg
#10076 4 years ago

It will definitely have the same wood plank texture and color as the rest. The wheel might look a bit out of place, but here is one thought.[quoted image]

I love it. How about cabin doors of a ship?

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Dimly flickering lit frosted windows would look cool

#10078 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Quoted from Psw757:

The guy I'm talking with on the 3D has done several other mods for other games with cool lighting and transparent pieces. I'll suggest both of these. I just did flickering flame lights on my WOZ (in the state fair balloon) and it looks fantastic. I think that would work well here.

#10079 4 years ago

The guy I'm talking with on the 3D has done several other mods for other games with cool lighting and transparent pieces. I'll suggest both of these. I just did flickering flame lights on my WOZ (in the state fair balloon) and it looks fantastic. I think that would work well here.

Count me in!

#10080 4 years ago

Flickering lighting behind windows would be pretty cool, wouldn’t want it bright though.

Count me in as well, something needs to go there to hide that bundle of wires.

#10081 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Flickering lighting behind windows would be pretty cool, wouldn’t want it bright though.
Count me in as well, something needs to go there to hide that bundle of wires.

AND VUK bash protection, two in one!

#10082 4 years ago

AND VUK bash protection, two in one!

looks great Harry. How was dinner?

Make sure it works with the mezel mods upper deck please!

#10083 4 years ago

It will definitely have the same wood plank texture and color as the rest. The wheel might look a bit out of place, but here is one thought.[quoted image]

That's a dumb place for a wheel unless the first mate's blind and doesn't need to see where he's going. Maybe doors to below deck would make more sense?

#10084 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a dumb place for a wheel unless the first mate's blind and doesn't need to see where he's going. Maybe doors to below deck would make more sense?

Yeah - windows or doors. Is there room up on the Mezel deck for a small helm and wheel?

#10085 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

After looking at the layout it won't even work, the upper railing gets in the way too much to make it look decent. I think the window or door is the likely option. There isn't a ton of visibility there.

How about some port holes with lights behind them to match the side of the stand ups? Brass colored around the edges or maybe a "ships wheel" look to them. Translucent with lights behind them.

0604191746a (resized).jpg0604191746a (resized).jpg
#10086 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah - windows or doors. Is there room up on the Mezel deck for a small helm and wheel?

I don't think so, it's getting pretty close to the underside of the glass/cabinet.

#10087 4 years ago

After looking at the layout it won't even work, the upper railing gets in the way too much to make it look decent. I think the window or door is the likely option. There isn't a ton of visibility there.
How about some port holes with lights behind them to match the side of the stand ups? Brass colored around the edges or maybe a "ships wheel" look to them. Translucent with lights behind them.[quoted image]

Not sure about round windows. Take a look at a picture of the back side of the pearl or any pirate ship to get some styling ideas.

#10088 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure about round windows. Take a look at a picture of the back side of the pearl or any pirate ship to get some styling ideas.

How about something like this?
1487597492_4907_FT0_img_6579 (resized).jpg1487597492_4907_FT0_img_6579 (resized).jpg

But smaller

#10089 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

[quoted image]
But smaller

Wow would that be sweet if it fits

I like the horizontal planking and even that door with the top panels as windows would work if there wasn’t room to flank the door with windows.

#10090 4 years ago

Excellent mod! Looks so much better!! Its crazy how perfect of a fit it is after you break him off at the waste
Ps. Be careful when adjusting his arms where you like as can snap easy! No worries if it does as it snapped in the joint and easily glued...
20190604_211829.jpg20190604_211829.jpg

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow would that be sweet if it fits
I like the horizontal planking and even that door with the top panels as windows would work if there wasn’t room to flank the door with windows.

Or something like this
https://images.app.goo.gl/y9GY1U4p6ZyAPRdn6

#10092 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Should be pretty easy to do. Tap into the lanterns they are dim and flicker . I dont know the logistics but I would imagine adding 1 led off of an exsisting one should be fine.

#10093 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Should be pretty easy to do. Tap into the lanterns they are dim and flicker . I dont know the logistics but I would imagine adding 1 led off of an exsisting one should be fine.

I'll investigate the harness connection for those lights. It might make it harder to install unless the connection to the BP lighting board can easily be split. Not sure everyone will want to cut/solder or use wire connectors to tap in to the wiring. Might be easier to tap into the 12v connection of the spotlights. The "flame" lighting I got was 12v direct, could be a direct wiring up. Either way looks like a solution somehow.

#10094 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

[quoted image]
But smaller

Noted

--- Here, let's not clog up this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-black-pearl-center-spinner-stand-up-target-cover-

#10095 4 years ago

I promise I won't double post in each thread but I'm really getting excited. Template is under way. It's gonna look so much better.

0604191927 (1) (resized).jpg0604191927 (1) (resized).jpg
#10096 4 years ago

What happened to the mod which was going to incorporate movie clips?

#10097 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What happened to the mod which was going to incorporate movie clips?

That was @drfrightner. I haven't seen updates as of late on that either.

#10098 4 years ago

I promise I won't double post in each thread but I'm really getting excited. Template is under way. It's gonna look so much better.[quoted image]

I'm in!

#10099 4 years ago

Humm.. I think I'm going to add a RGB mixer to it (It's an RGB strip) and tone in some yellow (or maybe another strip that alternates flickering with yellow) for a sort of flame effect. The flicker that is there is one of several flicker modes this controller has. Speed options as well. I'm not sure how important the topper lighting integration is to the gameplay, can anyone comment? This would be independent of the existing topper lighting and it's power supply/control.

Oh, and this wasn't directly under the topper.. just a quick and dirty. It will look much better properly placed.

I didn't realize, it's sort of a beating heart versus a flame. Nice.

#10100 4 years ago

I promise I won't double post in each thread but I'm really getting excited. Template is under way. It's gonna look so much better.[quoted image]

So many ideas you’re having Harry. I was going to say that’s a bit large for the black pearl opto protector!!! Whatever it takes!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.