(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 377.
#10001 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No worries ALL models are awesome. The only regret you would have is not getting one!

I think my biggest regret will be the GI lighting and star map

#10002 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Doesn't that completely screw your ability to finesse the skill shot?

@zaphx Not really. Just had to calibrate hand to the new spring.

#10003 4 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Thanks to JJP and all of you!

Congrats!!! Mr 10,000

Well played!

#10004 4 years ago

I’m putting on some fender washers under the slingshot plastics and found these small translucent washers there - were these on all the machines? I remember seeing here where the 3rd post would scratch the underside of the plastics and the fix was to add washers or mylar. Was the washers I’m seeing a fix for that, or just the original design, or are these washers supposed to be under the posts instead???

BF1AC494-FAE0-4C22-9527-0603D0DDC610 (resized).jpegBF1AC494-FAE0-4C22-9527-0603D0DDC610 (resized).jpeg327BCDBE-9483-493B-8E03-0DFAD82AA404 (resized).jpeg327BCDBE-9483-493B-8E03-0DFAD82AA404 (resized).jpeg
#10005 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Something like

"I have so many mods on my game I cant see the ball anymore. Anyone else having this issue? I cant be the only one, right?"

Is that accurate?

Or I have so many mods on my game, my playfield is bowing in the center and I need a forklift to move the game.

LTG : )

#10006 4 years ago

Big fan of this upgrade in the back left from mezel. Just installed.

This game is so loaded it's crazy
20190602_115416 (resized).jpg20190602_115416 (resized).jpg

#10007 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I’m putting on some fender washers under the slingshot plastics and found these small translucent washers there - were these on all the machines? I remember seeing here where the 3rd post would scratch the underside of the plastics and the fix was to add washers or mylar. Was the washers I’m seeing a fix for that, or just the original design, or are these washers supposed to be under the posts instead???[quoted image][quoted image]

I had nothing. I also had a cracked sling plastic. I guess they just put it there to stop scratching the underside of the plastic. Would still put Mylar above the third post and put fender washers on the 2 others. That does look like the small hard washers which were meant to go under the posts to protect against hard edges.

#10008 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Big fan of this upgrade in the back left from mezel. Just installed.
This game is so loaded it's crazy
[quoted image]

Snap!

I just ordered the same mods!

#10009 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had nothing. I also had a cracked sling plastic. I guess they just put it there to stop scratching the underside of the plastic. Would still put Mylar above the third post and put fender washers on the 2 others. That does look like the small hard washers which were meant to go under the posts to protect against hard edges.

Thanks

#10010 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Got it. Installed it. It's awesome!!! Shooter rod from steigerpijp.[quoted image]

Ok damn it i want that!

#10011 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Which series is that version of Jack Sparrow?

Scored a Series 2 for $20 shipped on Ebay

#10012 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No worries ALL models are awesome. The only regret you would have is not getting one!

Pick up the pace! I'm dieing to get my big box of goodies!

#10013 4 years ago

Arrr... 4th game over 900,000 but still can’t crack 1 million.

9B353357-AA45-4A72-A18C-57B9B2B13016 (resized).jpeg9B353357-AA45-4A72-A18C-57B9B2B13016 (resized).jpeg
#10014 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Arrr... 4th game over 900,000 but still can’t crack 1 million.[quoted image]

We had a rough time breaking the 1 Mil point for a while but as soon as you figure out the rules and shot map you’ll find 1 million your base in no time. How some of these guys rip through into wizard modes daily is beyond me though. Plus I suck at pinball so that doesn’t help.

#10015 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We had a rough time breaking the 1 Mil point for a while but as soon as you figure out the rules and shot map you’ll find 1 million your base in no time. How some of these guys rip through into wizard modes daily is beyond me though. Plus I suck at pinball so that doesn’t help.

lol! Me too!

#10016 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Ok I think I’m going to pull the trigger and get the SE...I swear if the LE comes back out, I’ll be so pissed haha

Just do it, I had the same dilemma, got an SE a month ago and actually glad I did over LE. I put the extra $1k into shaker motor, art blades, and a lot of mods that really matter most. I don’t care about invisiglass, will not upgrade all my machines for $300 a pop. And yes the GI LEDs is the biggest miss, but you won’t even notice

#10017 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Games started 650

Games played 150

I need to stop trying to get those high scores. Only cracked 1mill once. 450 is where I’m usually at. For me chapters seem to score more than multiballs.

Only got to kraken wizard by using Tiadalma. I think she is the easiest way to get to wizards. Without her I’ll be thinking “ok just shoot maelstrom only and then star map”. But then on a ball launch I’ll have already done the inner loop. And I love the left orbit. And the chest shot..... so I’m not regimented enough to keep to one target. Would be better if some of the shots are crap. I mean how satisfying is it when you shoot the right ramp and the ball goes all the way through the spinners on the Pearl. I was scared the game would be too stop and go. Besides the map target and the star map, it never lets up.

#10018 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Games started 650
Games played 150
I need to stop trying to get those high scores. Only cracked 1mill once. 450 is where I’m usually at. For me chapters seem to score more than multiballs.
Only got to kraken wizard by using Tiadalma. I think she is the easiest way to get to wizards. Without her I’ll be thinking “ok just shoot maelstrom only and then star map”. But then on a ball launch I’ll have already done the inner loop. And I love the left orbit. And the chest shot..... so I’m not regimented enough to keep to one target. Would be better if some of the shots are crap. I mean how satisfying is it when you shoot the right ramp and the ball goes all the way through the spinners on the Pearl. I was scared the game would be too stop and go. Besides the map target and the star map, it never lets up.

Ok not that I want to learn bad habits but how do you start so many games and not play as many? Is there a way to restart on a bad ball. I know you can do that with Stern games never tried with JJP titles. Great, a new way for me to cheat lol.

#10019 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok not that I want to learn bad habits but how do you start so many games and not play as many? Is there a way to restart on a bad ball. I know you can do that with Stern games never tried with JJP titles. Great, a new way for me to cheat lol.

I think that is the quick restart setting in the menu. If that is enabled you can hold start button in middle of game to restart.

#10020 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think that is the quick restart setting in the menu. If that is enabled you can hold start button in middle of game to restart.

That’s crazy - never knew what that meant lol

#10021 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

After drain ball. Open coin door, push menu button, then back button to main screen and it resets game. Yes it is a bad habit

#10022 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

SLOW means you have to hold the button down but it has to be on a single screen for the entire time. If you are on the bonus screen and you hold the button down and the screen changes, it won't work.

QUICK is an option on some games and it means you don't have to hold the button down, doesn't look like JJP has that.

Settings -> System Settings
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10023 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

After drain ball. Open coin door, push menu the back button to main menu and it resets game. Yes it is a bad habit

I guess that is another way but isn’t the quick restart setting the more common method?

#10024 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

SLOW means you have to hold the button down but it has to be on a single screen for the entire time. If you are on the bonus screen and you hold the button down and the screen changes, it won't work.
FAST is an option on some games and it means you don't have to hold the button down, doesn't look like JJP has that.[quoted image]

You sure there is not a fast restart on POTC? I thought I saw it there but maybe it was the slow I saw.

#10025 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You sure there is not a fast restart on POTC? I thought I saw it there but maybe it was the slow I saw.

Manual doesn't seem to think so, and I'm pretty sure I recall there not being one when I changed mine to slow.. at least on WOZ

#10026 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I guess that is another way but isn’t the quick restart setting the more common method?

I didn’t realize this was an option, I will definitely switch that setting

#10027 4 years ago

Man if I stuff up first 2 balls it’s restart!!!

The slow option works great.

Great thing with this option is you can do it at anytime. Accidentally add another captain for your wife to play in character select and she’s not in the mood (quite often for me), no probs you can restart! Most pins you have to wait until on 2nd ball. Not pirates, it’s awesome. Bad habit I know.

#10028 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

she’s not in the mood (quite often for me)

It's funny, your wife is usually in the mood for me.

I'm applauding you for sticking through 2 balls (heyooo), lol. I have restarted WAY too many games after ball one. Really considering moving the lane posts now that everyone is jumping on that boat.

#10029 4 years ago

This thing drains so quickly on Multiball. Had 4 going at once and kept it up for a few minutes and the all started to go. Just got the super jackpot out of tiadalma on the dying seconds and then 2 seconds later went straight down “I” lane. With so much open real estate in the centre and usually 4-5 balls making it hard to cradle, it is hard to keep the balls in play compared to other games such as TSPP. I have no regrets. I’m not a champion.

#10030 4 years ago

It's funny, your wife is usually in the mood for me.

As long as you stay away from
my mum.

#10031 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I am So doing that tomorrow. Yeah bad habit don’t care! Lol how did I not see this in the menu. Do you have a trick to make the flippers a 1/2” longer? Lol

#10032 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am So doing that tomorrow. Yeah bad habit don’t care! Lol how did I not see this in the menu. Do you have a trick to make the flippers a 1/2” longer? Lol

I think you already posted the answer to your own question. Elizabeth Swan on a pole.

#10033 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think you already posted the answer to your own question. Elizabeth Swan on a pole.

Shwing love it lol.

#10034 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Games started 650
Games played 150

Have you given Norrington a try? I used to only play Tia Dalma but have switched more to Norrington on advice from a post some time back. Completing chapters is faster with him and I find that helps me complete a movie to get to wizard modes. It doesn't seem like it should work out that way but I'm not a great shot and I seem to do better when I'm not trying to be a sniper to start a particular movie chapter and instead just go more with the flow of the shots. When I play Norrington I get more into that mindset of not trying to be too perfect with the order of my shots so it seems to work out for me. The combination of all the different shots & characters in this game really is amazing.

#10035 4 years ago

Who gets all giddy when a chapter you never saw before is selected? A surprise every time.

Also, did you notice that the screen shakes when the chapters are being selected (and cannons are firing)? Love that touch.

#10036 4 years ago

Who gets all giddy when a chapter you never saw before is selected? A surprise every time.
Also, did you notice that the screen shakes when the chapters are being selected (and cannons are firing)? Love that touch.

Yeah, I noticed that after I had just realigned the monitor and though "what the fuck!!" Ive just knocked it loose again. It is very cool. Well done to the animations guy.

We need that plus shaker for sinking ships

#10037 4 years ago

That is a pretty great effect. I had a thought the other night that it would be neat if they could put some sort of animation over the cannon door when that movie's wizard mode has been played. Right now I think after the wizard mode has been played the cannon door just stays shut the way it usually is when the chapter hasn't been qualified (although I haven't updated code so maybe it's different on .99). Might be interesting to make it look like a cannon has been shot through the door or have some other look to the door to indicate the wizard mode has been played.

#10038 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Have you given Norrington a try? I used to only play Tia Dalma but have switched more to Norrington on advice from a post some time back. Completing chapters is faster with him and I find that helps me complete a movie to get to wizard modes. It doesn't seem like it should work out that way but I'm not a great shot and I seem to do better when I'm not trying to be a sniper to start a particular movie chapter and instead just go more with the flow of the shots. When I play Norrington I get more into that mindset of not trying to be too perfect with the order of my shots so it seems to work out for me. The combination of all the different shots & characters in this game really is amazing.

I should try him, just seems like such a punce (although I did like him in the UK series Ultraviolet). I keep coming back to Scrum. He's such a rogue!! I know what you mean about chapters though, the maelstrom is one I have to aim for.

#10039 4 years ago

Just such a fun game first game in about a week.

20190604_014413 (resized).jpg20190604_014413 (resized).jpg
#10040 4 years ago

All though with bugs on code .99 I about to go back to .98

#10041 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

All though with bugs on code .99 I about to go back to .98

What bugs? Seems great to me!

#10042 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If you hit the shot clean (whether extra ball is lit or not) it'll increase all bumpers (and hence the mystery award) by 1 level.

Any word on when you plan to put up the next software update for jjPotC?

#10043 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

What bugs? Seems great to me!

Inner loop to skill shot

#10044 4 years ago

Maybe cause I have a faulty opto

#10045 4 years ago

Make sure that loop entry opto isn’t wobbly where it plugs into the bracket. I’ve seen 2 that were.

#10046 4 years ago

Quick question concerning moving these beasts ... are the connectors there to separate the electronics in the head, cabinet, and playfield?

#10047 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry Mr Pinball. Not saying you are pocketing heaps of dough!!! Very happy with your pricing and service.
Just saying how things are cheaper in the US. Just the conversion rate tanks and the cost of getting it here adds up. Which ever way you look at it, living in the US is the cheapest way to acquire pinballs.

Not if you are paying in Australian Dollars and Tax is in the US as well 7-10% in most states

#10048 4 years ago

Don't forget if you have not already, get in there and rate this pin. It should be in the top 5 for sure!!!
And I think this thread will be a 20k by Christmas!

#10049 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Quick question concerning moving these beasts ... are the connectors there to separate the electronics in the head, cabinet, and playfield?

Yes but there are Many plugs and several have done it. IF you need to go this route take MANY pictures and label everything.

#10050 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes but there are Many plugs and several have done it. IF you need to go this route take MANY pictures and label everything.

Thank you! I did that with WOZ and appreciate the advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.