(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 377.
#9951 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Just buy the SE you won’t be disappointed .... you will be when they’re all gone within a week

Yea, they'll all be gone this week for sure.

#9952 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea, they'll all be gone this week for sure.

My distributor had 1 left last week sold it and within 2 hours had 3 other callers who wanted to buy it. He said they’re like gold

#9953 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s really cool that you have figured it out! I thought it looked like reading tea leaves when I played one. It’s really fun to have additional things to figure out in a game. Oh well, I’ll just enjoy my SE, and maybe they will do another run in a year, if they haven’t finished the entire LE run.

Don’t worry it took me a month and a half to figure out the star map then one night it just clicked. Biggest advice I have is make sure it’s qualified and there is actually something to read. From there cradle ball and look at it. Most are easy to read once you have seen the pattern a couple of times. A couple of the main shots come to mind on hard to read but once you have seen them and correlate shot they are easy also. If anyone needs help send me a pic and I can see if it’s one of the ones I know

#9954 4 years ago

It is understandable if you look at it through the lens of people that don't live, eat and breathe this hobby. I am super casual and very rarely buy pins. I don't keep up on every detail of things. Pirates wasn't even on my radar until after I played it at MGC and I didn't pay attention to all these details I'm now learning about. I just figured a very new pin would be easily available until I learned about all the details, hence why I'm feeling very disappointed and let down by JJP.

Well then, I would jump on an SE before the last of those are gone, likely this week - 5 days OR LESS. It's not an LE, but you will still enjoy it immensely, and given its scarcity as well, it should hold its value decently, too, so you can get out of it pretty easily if a HUO LE pops up in the next six months to a year and you want to move up to that.

#9955 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We have never backed off our praise of POTC, not sure where you heard us brush it off weeks later. You must be thinking of someone else. I continue to own the game and thinks its one of the best out there. Got to a mini-wizard two nights ago and felt like I climbed Everest. haha

To each their own, but you do own a Star Wars Prem/LE which I continue to praise for being one of stern's best ever made, as well as a few others in your collection that we love.

Apologies Zach...... I have looked through heaps of footage trying to find it. I seemed to remember you and Greg discussing code of JJP machines, and I thought I remembered a bit where you both said the code in Pirates is just a bit too complex. I cannot now find it now so HUGE Apologies!!! Maybe I dreamt it. I have also been confused over whether Greg loves TSPP or not. Sometimes he says yes sometimes not so much....

I do enjoy your show. Nice that you actually got back to me.... I feel a bit special now..... I'll also have to watch what I say on Pinside. Just wanted to point out that reviewers are just people with opinions, people should not get too caught up on what others think (I guess we all do a bit though).

Enjoy your Pirates!!

#9956 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

I moved it.Its a real drain monster.Its ruined some good games.

Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yeah just move it, and even then its amazing how easilly balls drain there

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I moved mine early on and have no regrets as it has cut down on cheap drains, but I still get enough to feel no shame. Lately, I seem to have had balls draining left and right there regardless.

Thanks everyone!! I might just move it!

#9957 4 years ago

This is by far the most addictive game I've ever owned. Just so many ways to approach it and I'm still learning the rules. My other games are getting ignored. My sons son's friend came over last week and played it, then came back the next day saying he was dreaming about it all night. He then played it for a couple of hours while my kid played Xbox (my kids not really a pinball fan).
This is just a fantastic game. My one gripe is the cheap drains out of the star map after starting a mode. Totally needs a short ball save there. I love escaping the locker on right outlane drains. I also finally played liars dice yesterday and lost all my gold lol. Now if I can just get to one of the mini wizard modes.

#9958 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well then, I would jump on an SE before the last of those are gone, likely this week - 5 days OR LESS. It's not an LE, but you will still enjoy it immensely, and given its scarcity as well, it should hold its value decently, too, so you can get out of it pretty easily if a HUO LE pops up in the next six months to a year and you want to move up to that.

I've said it before, if I could not find a used LE I would have bought an SE in a second. Personally, I like modding but even still the missing items are far from a deal breaker.

Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks everyone!! I might just move it!

Dangit... now I might have to do this too. I try to not make my games any easier since I figure that's what most people have but the I and E drains are giving my wife and I fits. "FUCKING I!" is what I hear her yell from the other room.

#9959 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is by far the most addictive game I've ever owned. Just so many ways to approach it and I'm still learning the rules. My other games are getting ignored. My sons son's friend came over last week and played it, then came back the next day saying he was dreaming about it all night. He then played it for a couple of hours while my kid played Xbox (my kids not really a pinball fan).
This is just a fantastic game. My one gripe is the cheap drains out of the star map after starting a mode. Totally needs a short ball save there. I love escaping the locker on right outlane drains. I also finally played liars dice yesterday and lost all my gold lol. Now if I can just get to one of the mini wizard modes.

I never get sdtm drains off starmap usually hits gold targets or to left flipper

#9960 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I never get sdtm drains off starmap usually hits gold targets or to left flipper

For me I think some of this was related to the rubber being worn near the left front of the chapter select. Depending on how the ball sits between that rubber and the post can greatly affect how it falls down the playfield.

#9961 4 years ago

I've been feeling kind of let down and irritated today. I've finally landed on a pin that I want... Pirates LE. Seems like a cruel joke now that it can't be purchased. Yes, it took me awhile to decide I really wanted this pin but in all fairness it was only on the line for a blink of an eye. They made so few of them and in my mind this is their most fun pin to play. I hesitated at first because of the theme but after playing it at MGC I was sold. I'm picky with what I buy and I always have very few pins so this kind of hurts. I have zero interest in Wonka after playing it.

The good thing is it’s only pinball and not like you missed a chance to buy into Apple pre-ipo. Don’t blame JJP for doing what’s in their best interest, if anything the talk like “what’s the rush, there’s so much coming out soon just wait”, and people calling people idiots because they say they will regret canceling their orders .... you just never know, but if you had a crystal ball, you’d be a millionaire overnight. The pin is not unobtanium, just will cost a little more if you want it bad enough. Heck - many of us took hits dumping stuff to make room - I know I did.

#9962 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I used to get the sdtm heaps after star map.... now not so much lately. It would be good to have the ball save as an option. I remember being very frustrated when it happened.

#9963 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I've said it before, if I could not find a used LE I would have bought an SE in a second. Personally, I like modding but even still the missing items are far from a deal breaker.

Dangit... now I might have to do this too. I try to not make my games any easier since I figure that's what most people have but the I and E drains are giving my wife and I fits. "FUCKING I!" is what I hear her yell from the other room.

We can always move it back... wink wink!

I moved it and it still drains on the "I". Also, there's enough going through the flippers from missed chest shots, or hitting the pirate bonus (that's always rewarding), or just coming back out of the devils triangle, or a missed maelstrom shot, or hitting those 2x or 3x stand ups OR when Tortuga decides to do a weak kick out (I know this is one of your favourites Harry!)

At least your wife plays it. Mine still prefers AFM. She does play it but says she prefers the older ones. I'm working on bringing her around.

Please tell me you moved the rubber in the "E" lane!? That's just being cruel to yourself if you haven't!!

#9964 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do you wear glasses? I find now I have to have 2 types of glasses. One for reading books and a longer distance one which will allow me to focus easily on 50cm to about 1.5m.

For reading, definitely. Will probably have to get some lower strength ones for pinball... getting old sucks!

#9965 4 years ago

Yeah, from reading this thread, I can see how people think they are missing out on the LE, but I’m pretty excited to get one of the best games ever made for $8500, in stainless rather than bumpy powder coat, with most of the things missing easy to add. It’s really not like the difference between an ST Pro and an STLE, for example. If I were doing it again, of course, I’d go ahead with the LE, but it’s exactly the same game to play, and should look awesome next to my TZ!

#9966 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yeah, from reading this thread, I can see how people think they are missing out on the LE, but I’m pretty excited to get one of the best games ever made for $8500, in stainless rather than bumpy powder coat, with most of the things missing easy to add. It’s really not like the difference between an ST Pro and an STLE, for example. If I were doing it again, of course, I’d go ahead with the LE, but it’s exactly the same game to play, and should look awesome next to my TZ!

Think of Aussies that have to pay $15k for an LE like I did. My wife hates me! $20k for a Wonka CE, near 20k for a YBR. You guys still have cheaper petrol for your dollar than we do. Clothes are cheaper, food is cheaper. We spend the Aussie dollar the same way you guys spend a dollar in the US. 2 Litres of milk is $2.20. A Big Mac in Australia costs $5.85. In the US it's $3.99. $8500 is fantastic.

Then again we do have a public health system......

#9967 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

For reading, definitely. Will probably have to get some lower strength ones for pinball... getting old sucks!

That it does. I cannot even read my iphone without glasses now. For pinball it's not so much a different strength of glasses, it's a different focal length than your reading glasses. You need them, it's such a relief to see the play field again!!

#9968 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

A Big Mac in Australia costs $5.85. In the US it's $3.99.

$2.50 in the common spring/summer 2 for $5 promotion.

#9969 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$2.50 in the common spring/summer 2 for $5 promotion.

Damn you guys have it good!

#9970 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Damn you guys have it good!

Well, it's also moved us into the top 20 fattest countries in the world with a bullet, so...

#9971 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The extra ball shot is really only for that as far as I know. If it isn’t lit, I don’t try.

If you hit the shot clean (whether extra ball is lit or not) it'll increase all bumpers (and hence the mystery award) by 1 level.

#9972 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I don't recall Zach or sdtm brushing it off either. Maybe bc they never did a proper review? That might be bc Zach sells jjp pins which is understandable. I know Zach's mentions a few times that he really enjoys it and it's at his home ... Bone already declared it one of the best ever in his top 10. I was surprised to see it didn't make Zach's list.

We reviewed potc an entire year before I became a distro. Hey Delt we seldom see eye-to-eye, but at least we can both agree that this game is one of the greats. Haha

#9973 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We reviewed potc an entire year before I became a distro. Hey Delt we seldom see eye-to-eye, but at least we can both agree that this game is one of the greats. Haha

Yeah I wasn't clear on that - I think you're referring to the review of the prototype. I don't think the production version had a review but that delux review was fantastic so maybe the crew didn't feel it was necessary to revisit.  Either way, I think revisiting the game now especially as an owner would be well received by the audience - something to consider as I would be interested to hear updated feedback especially with the current mechs, any troubles you've had, your experience in home vs at JJP, do you regret not getting the CE, etc.

We def agree that the game is amazing. 

btw - if I ever get to one of these shows and you're there, drinks on me.  Appreciate the work you do, the podcasts (was listening to TWIP last night) and your answer to my earlier question.  Makes sense.  Thanks.

#9974 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Think of Aussies that have to pay $15k for an LE like I did. My wife hates me! $20k for a Wonka CE, near 20k for a YBR. You guys still have cheaper petrol for your dollar than we do. Clothes are cheaper, food is cheaper. We spend the Aussie dollar the same way you guys spend a dollar in the US. 2 Litres of milk is $2.20. A Big Mac in Australia costs $5.85. In the US it's $3.99. $8500 is fantastic.

That's crazy. It must be cheaper to buy huo and ship to Australia. Shoot, you could load a container and start a business down there! Lived in Perth as a kid, great country!

#9975 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

You need them, it's such a relief to see the play field again!!

They are definitely on my 'to get' list! Hopefully it will help improve my playing skills... seeing the playfield is probably a big help!

#9976 4 years ago

"FUCKING I!" is what I hear her yell from the other room.

LOL

I refuse to make the game easier, I'd rather just gripe. My son (who is a really good player), makes the left and right outlane saves look easy - I've seen him do it 4 or 5 times in a game with no tilt warnings.

#9977 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

$8500 US is $13,990 AUD inc conversion shipping and GST so same price here and that is Fantastic

#9978 4 years ago

So buy a HUO Pirates LE when it comes up for sale. No biggie, you seem patient enough. Someone is always selling a game no matter how awesome it is. People like to change games in their collection from time to time.

It is understandable if you look at it through the lens of people that don't live, eat and breathe this hobby. I am super casual and very rarely buy pins. I don't keep up on every detail of things. Pirates wasn't even on my radar until after I played it at MGC and I didn't pay attention to all these details I'm now learning about. I just figured a very new pin would be easily available until I learned about all the details, hence why I'm feeling very disappointed and let down by JJP.

#9979 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Such a better look! Sent Tom to Davey Jones locker![quoted image]

Awesome! Mine arrived today...broke it apart and ready to take it home glue stuff in place and mount to pop!

20190603_143725.jpg20190603_143725.jpg
#9980 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Awesome! Mine arrived today...broke it apart and ready to take it home glue stuff in place and mount to pop! [quoted image]

Got one off ebay for an accepted best offer. Looks so good. I looked at the other characters and they didn't look all that great and I couldn't see any where they would fit (size wise and also theme wise).

#9981 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Awesome! Mine arrived today...broke it apart and ready to take it home glue stuff in place and mount to pop! [quoted image]

Which series is that version of Jack Sparrow?

#9982 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Which series is that version of Jack Sparrow?

Series 1, 2 or 3 will all work. They are all 7” figures.

All the same size but seem to have slightly different facial expressions etc...

I went with a series 3, got a good price.

#9983 4 years ago

I just bought the same one. 35 shipped. Little more than I wanted to spend but not too bad. I just hope I don't mess it up

#9984 4 years ago

Closing in on post #10,000 on this topic. I remember when I first started following it in Dec when I got my machine I think the topic had about 25-30 pages and something like 1,300-1,400 posts. Who’s going to be the author of post #10,000?

#9985 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Closing in on post #10,000 on this topic. I remember when I first started following it in Dec when I got my machine I think the topic had about 25-30 pages and something like 1,300-1,400 posts. Who’s going to be the author of post #10,000?

I have predictions which person will be that post....lol

#9986 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have predictions which person will be that post....lol

Yes, if I were a betting man I could choose that poster also.

#9987 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

F5... F5... I'm trying!

#9988 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

All I have to do is make up a fake potential problem somewhere on the playfield and I can get this thread up to 18000 by Thursday! lol

#9989 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All I have to do is make up a fake potential problem somewhere on the playfield and I can get this thread up to 18000 by Thursday! lol

Something like

"I have so many mods on my game I cant see the ball anymore. Anyone else having this issue? I cant be the only one, right?"

Is that accurate?

#9990 4 years ago

Mezel mods Dauntless is back in stock

#9991 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Better yet, post about a real problem and see the kind of response you get.

#9992 4 years ago

Got it. Installed it. It's awesome!!! Shooter rod from @steigerpijp.

20190603_170104 (resized).jpg20190603_170104 (resized).jpg
#9993 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Got it. Installed it. It's awesome!!! Shooter rod from steigerpijp.[quoted image]

Doesn't that completely screw your ability to finesse the skill shot?

#9994 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Mezel mods Dauntless is back in stock

Yep...ordered today!

#9995 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

$8500 US is $13,990 AUD inc conversion shipping and GST so same price here and that is Fantastic

Sorry Mr Pinball. Not saying you are pocketing heaps of dough!!! Very happy with your pricing and service.

Just saying how things are cheaper in the US. Just the conversion rate tanks and the cost of getting it here adds up. Which ever way you look at it, living in the US is the cheapest way to acquire pinballs.

#9996 4 years ago

My plan to beat Harry to 10k! Haha

3290AB7D-904B-48C2-9331-4DD8D3AB3A21 (resized).jpeg3290AB7D-904B-48C2-9331-4DD8D3AB3A21 (resized).jpeg
#9997 4 years ago

Ok I think I’m going to pull the trigger and get the SE...I swear if the LE comes back out, I’ll be so pissed haha

#9998 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Ok I think I’m going to pull the trigger and get the SE...I swear if the LE comes back out, I’ll be so pissed haha

No worries ALL models are awesome. The only regret you would have is not getting one!

#9999 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Something like
"I have so many mods on my game I cant see the ball anymore. Anyone else having this issue? I cant be the only one, right?"
Is that accurate?

Such a wise ass. That’s why we love you though! Best dealer out there.

#10000 4 years ago

Thanks to JJP and all of you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.