(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,024 posts - Hot topic!
  • 476 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MurphyPeoples
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,278 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_230337 (resized).jpg
20191116_140814 (resized).jpg
20191115_190558 (resized).jpg
GIF-191114_223447 (resized).png
IMG_0086 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0077 (002) (resized).jpg
678A8AC9-EEFD-414A-8CF4-2A19FF9FB727 (resized).jpeg
127996A1-64F7-4385-BDA3-AC6B165DBA5F (resized).jpeg
42E58E05-D832-427D-9962-7BA05CDAAAA7 (resized).jpeg
229BD32B-9F41-4BE1-BFC5-CD723A59520C (resized).jpeg
98407DFF-5970-457D-8285-8D2EE942AD28 (resized).jpeg
3972995E-AE77-4A6F-BB41-463E01C2DC29 (resized).jpeg
469B3A96-B426-4162-BA85-78056D5D8A28 (resized).jpeg
1FD43333-D654-432F-AD2A-1784E352FE3B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (1 year ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (11 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (10 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (10 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (9 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (9 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (8 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (7 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (7 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (7 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (7 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (6 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (6 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (6 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (6 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (89 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heni1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

327 posts in this topic match your search for posts by heni1977. You are on page 1 of 2.
#59 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am in for #12 POTC-CE.

I knew you would be.
I am in for a LE. This will be my first JJP Title and prob my only NIB. Now I am still trying to smooth it over with the wife. But I think once she gets a few games in she will be hooked. Although when she asked how much it costs and then replied with, How much will the divorce cost you! I just kinda shrugged it off. LMAO!

8 months later
#126 1 year ago

Can’t wait, but my pocket says otherwise!

#146 1 year ago

Would you look at those rails! Just look atem, sweeeeeeet rails JJP!

2 weeks later
#257 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll be hooking up a 10" external subwoofer

I am the kind the kinda guy who likes to have the area under the pins cleaned up. Plus my dog gets under there and lays down. So it will be a upgraded speaker kit, If needed!

1 week later
#365 1 year ago

I am pretty sure I said somewhere that this pin was going to top all of JJP's games! All the coding,game play, pf toys, layout! Even after the spinner gate!
This will be my first and only NIB at these prices! But it will be worth it! As well as being my first wide body game. Once again, great job Maties and keep up the great work!

#387 1 year ago

So stoked! Couple more weeks and I will be getting my first NIB!

1 week later
#402 1 year ago

YES!!!!!

ED3D9EB8-E097-4FF9-A37C-4F0EF1BBA166 (resized).jpeg
#403 1 year ago

All set up, waiting on wife to play first game.
Big shout out to vidgameseller for helping me bring this BA pin home! Through purchasing and shipping you have been a huge help my friend!!!

4B4EF633-B1C1-4FAD-95B6-F7766222ED71 (resized).jpeg
#415 1 year ago

Just wondering where ya'll are setting your bubbles? Mine is set at the second line with top of bubble just touching it.

#417 1 year ago

Ok, will give that a shot.

#427 1 year ago

Freaking Awesome! In my opinion it over take MM. I think once more are out there, It will be in the top 5 in the 100 for awhile!
Does anyone else’s give a popping sound in the speakers on start up?

#431 1 year ago

Looked in settings could not find a ball save timer. Seems like from plunge to drain you only have about 3 seconds.
Adjustments?

#433 1 year ago

217,065 my best so far!

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll be setting it up today

WHAT? I can't believe you waited, after all your hubbub!
Mickey must have really wore you out!

#447 1 year ago

Get R Done!!!!

#450 1 year ago

I have been holding flipper out to bounce ball into gold then it comes back and I start the loops. Or I try to make the ship which has been ending up mostly at the 1st skill shot

#453 1 year ago

Yep my legs are still burning from getting down the stairs!!!

#487 1 year ago

I had ground braid in right side rear, lower leg bolt hole.

7937AC9D-9D81-45A8-BB74-799E1835E726 (resized).jpeg
#498 1 year ago

Wish I could help you out, but my ceiling is to low so I won't be able to install it.

#518 1 year ago

Switch stack on UP bonus x target

1E774F67-A65F-47B0-A099-55E7D221D189 (resized).jpeg
#535 1 year ago

Can somebody take a pic of the scoop screws below the pop bumper? The screws on mine sit below the pop bumper skirt. Wondering if this is normal.

#548 1 year ago

Surprised they did not put a rubber grommet on the plastic under the ship where the wiring harness runs through. I think over time this will wear out the wire and possibly cause damage to wires. I will be putting one in there just to be safe. I would also suggest double checking your wiring harness at the front of the left side cab. Making sure it is in its plastic loop holder. If it comes out it can possibly be hit by PF rails and tug on the start button wiring harness.
Pin is tons of fun though! Having a blast with it, kids won't even touch Star Trek now. But my youngest niece still loves Space Station the most!

#550 1 year ago

Best game yet!!!
I have experience the air ball of the ramp.

CEFDFC6B-F5C5-4647-92C7-A740DA49A316 (resized).jpeg
#574 1 year ago

Maybe they can fix that with code on the next update. For it to scroll through once like everything else does.

Quoted from GamerRick:

I am pretty new to pinball

Don’t worry LTG has your back!! As well as some of us. You will enjoy this game greatly!
And one more thing, I have dimples already in my PF already ARRRRRRRGH!

JK

#630 1 year ago

I took a #1 philips head screwdriver and moved it out of the way.
You can take the bracket off and move braid that would work too. Not too hard either.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I had this error checked switches not working found these broken wires .. now It looks like I'll have to remove the pearl

I just did that fix a few days ago. You don't have to take the pearl all the way out.
Remove the screw from the back of the pearl, then the clip, the rod should slide forward allowing the ship to rock more and come slightly out of the resting area. Be careful not to drop the plastic washer into your cab. Then you can lay a couple rags down and do the soldering.

#656 1 year ago

Is it hitting something under the pf? Which left flipper?

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

y, is there a list of problems people have been getting out of the box a

Make sure to look in holes for legs and check for ground braid. Also be sure and check wiring harness is secured properly so as not to catch on anything.

#669 1 year ago

Check in settings?

#719 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Ha found the bastard

Yep, I had the same. So did another gent but I think his was on the back leg of switch stack. I'm sure LTG will let them know. Does seem that the wiring harness there is a little tight.

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from Fordgt44:

it stopped and won't rock anymore

Be patient, LTG needs to have his coffee!
Check the solenoid and make sure wires are connected. Check in test see if it rocks when activated.

#800 1 year ago

Short rant, First of, Thank you to LTG for all you do in helping others getting there games going! JJP for a great game and doing your best to fix the problems coming in!
When I first got into this hobby, I full on expected that I would have to learn things I never knew. Which has both been exciting and rewarding! I learned how to solder and test things on a pin with a DMM, as well as making adjustments to my pins. With a lot of help from other pinsiders and vidgameseller, I can keep my pins going! And even now I further myself by restoring a F-14 which was a basic barn find.
I knew full well that I was purchasing a NIB pin (my first and only) that it would have problems. Yes it is a expensive toy, but folks should know what they are getting into. Even if its perfect out of the box for a year or more, It will eventually break just as almost everything does. My suggestion is to know or be willing to learn what you are getting into!
Now I will say I can not do it all, as I have had board repair work done on my Space Station and F-14 things I wont do as I cannot bench test them and there are others out there that are a S#$% ton better at it then me, borygard.
So if you can not fix it then pay someone to do it for you!!!!!!!!
And no, I am not driving to VA to fix your pin for that amount!

#802 1 year ago

Also I am a mining equipment service technician, so that helps

#809 1 year ago

Just a couple lighted mods I have done. Still waiting on beatmaster lighted shooter housing to come in the mail. Also did the Lermod for the drain. Have not bit the bullit on the side art just yet.

C2BF618D-05EA-49D9-A3E5-E5793698DC52 (resized).jpegFE4B1A86-0062-4E7F-8BB0-0EFE962B264C (resized).jpeg
#816 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I am just looking for a competent pinball tech close to richmond VA that can help with this issue

ramjet is in VA, maybe he can help you out?

#818 1 year ago

You can do it!

#824 1 year ago

Me and the Captain are playing a few games tonight!

#835 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

. I don’t think they are releasing when game over though

You do have to wait till after the match. To start a game. Or they hold the ball during next game play.

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Setting reply to free game is an adjustment I recommend for home use.
The crack and animation are very rewarding.

I will try this tonight!

#871 1 year ago

Oh that’s not good! That’s a shame. Big time QC miss! :naughty:Those ripples are either two things imo.
1 poor install of decal
2 heavy paint causing a ripple effect through the decal.
Either can be fixed but totally sucks!!!
It is fixable though and if you get the rad cals that would be great but still need to be installed.
I would suggest if you can’t handle it to have it done and have the charge back to JJP or dealer.
Little fixes like soldering or putting bolts back into coin door are forgivable. But this is a large task and requires time and patience.
I am truly sorry to hear this esp as far away as you are!!!

#875 1 year ago

I see your meaning here now. I over looked my decals but not that close.
Here is Star Trek deff looks different.
Pics of ST to follow.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#876 1 year ago

I guess it would come down to either decal manufacturer or prep before install.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#911 1 year ago

I have the same MS #12 stuck open as well, and had a couple of the others. They went away but #12 has stuck around. When I go into switch tests and touch that switch it does not register. I am wondering if I need to adjust that leaf switch or possibly have a wire in between it.

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Figures you gotta take in the rum first if you wanna put up your best score and be the ruler of the high seas!

So you got it fixed? What was the issue?
Damn, that's a flipping awesome score!!!!

#940 1 year ago

I will have to make this adjustment too!

#951 1 year ago

I am noticing this too during game play. I think the load popping during start up is due to powering up.

#954 1 year ago

No, that rubber to the right can be moved to the left if wanted. Makes it easier to save the ball.
As far as licensing, I don't think they were able to show faces of the actors.

#987 1 year ago

I have been noticing the sdtm at the chapter start. When the post drops so does my balls
Other then nudging 350 pounds!
Could there be a 2 sec ball save?

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Verify your magne

Deff working, kicks the ball around a bunch when more then one chapter is lit. Will check for timing on post.
I too agree, this pin will not be forgotten!! Depth, shots, use of space and a rocking ship with cannon!
My hat is off to you, sir!
Great job team JJP!

#1013 1 year ago

I will check the kick out on totuga since mine is erratic on were it’s kicks out. I will be adjusting the post timer as well.
It would be awesome to have a 2 second ball save on that post even though the magnet kicks it around. Just to save the sdtm happenings.

#1038 12 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The Wizard Modes are very difficult

I have yet to make it to one yet , The wife did get close last night though! She will probably beat me to it and then rub it in my face forever!

#1055 12 months ago

Mine is still doing it to. There is not much adjustment and seems loose. It does not have a pal nut on it, so i think it is coming loose from game play. It is like it needs a stronger spring. Is there a way to disassemble the button itself?

#1057 12 months ago

Do you think air tool oil would work? I don't have any sewing machine oil.

#1066 12 months ago

We hit arrrrrgh frenzy last night with 3 multi balls going. It was insane, the light show was crazy cool, and the wife kept going arrrrgh!

#1071 12 months ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Same issue, removed it and put a small drop of oil ( for sewing machine) on opposite side from the top of button. Made sure nothing came all the way through, worked it around in there and has been good since...

A drop of air tool oil I would think would work as well.
Would like to see a stiffer spring in the action button though. It seems weak, I have installed the lighted flipper mod from PBL bright mods and they are awesome.

image (resized).jpg
#1073 12 months ago

Oh, I thought we were discussing the gold button?
No with the lighted shooter housing comes a spacer that goes in the tip of rubber for shooter. Never have had a problem with any of them. The only issue and not related to potc is you have to pull the shooter back when lifting pf. But you usually have to do that with most pins anyway.

#1075 12 months ago

I did notice my wires broke again on the pearl. Will have to fix tomorrow. And cut the zip tie allowing for more wire to have that flex. Other then that the game is amazing!

#1076 12 months ago

Take your lock bar off and take a pic of the switch and the bottom of action button.
Oh sorry led. I thought you meant switch. It has a wiring harness connection under the pf. It might have come undone from shipping.

#1077 12 months ago

Also just a quick note, it only works in game play.

#1080 12 months ago

Ok cool! I just snapped this pic. The four wires are for your rgb lighted button and the two wire is for your switch.

image (resized).jpg
#1082 12 months ago

Naw, how you think I found out

#1105 12 months ago

Damn you, You have to stop making things I want to buy!! JK

#1112 12 months ago

Someone got a pic of the bonus x switches. Under left side of pearl ship. Have two green/ brown and one white black.
Need to solder them back on bonus switch stack.

#1113 12 months ago
image (resized).jpg
#1115 12 months ago

Back up and running.
The cannon is a cool little mod!
Definitely spices up that little area!

image (resized).jpg
#1118 12 months ago

Yes I cut zip tie. Should have plenty now!

#1121 12 months ago

twista22 check in settings I think you can adjust that.
grandfireball1 listen those screws on left and see if that bracket is slotted. If so move it up. I am not sure if it’s slotted.

#1195 11 months ago

I'm in!!!!!!

pasted_image (resized).png
#1213 11 months ago
Quoted from JordanB:

End mode immediately on drain, rather than "wind down". Or allow skipping.

pinball_keefer Is there a setting for this. I thought I saw something about turning the instruction off for after ball drain. Would that shorten the time after ball drain to relaunch?
I enjoy seeing the instructions and for newbies its a must. But I can see after you know what you are doing you could turn the instructional off.

#1218 11 months ago

Could the East India Trad co logo be clear so the light can shine through. If so I would like two please!!

#1250 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Took a few hours but your recommendation is done

I'm in for two!! Can't wait, those originals look kinda shoddy next to the other two. Which look amazing!

#1252 11 months ago

See what happens when you play with it!
I unfortunately don't have enough room for the topper so I am making something for it to go in with led lights and sit it some where in the game room!

#1274 11 months ago

You got it! Now cut that zip tie and give it more slack in the wire or it will happen again!

#1289 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ten inches. HaHa, I kill me.

Dammit, that’s what my wife said!
Just a touch of comedy!
I was deff correct in waiting for my first and only NIB! Thanks JJP!

#1304 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

target ship switch stuck

I get this one too, but I think I am not hitting it enough!

#1314 11 months ago

This game is becoming crack in my house!
I will be adjusting auto plunger as I noticed it’s getting a little worse. 1 out of every 5 balls. Also the depths vuk will need turned up a notch as it is starting to lack. But all in all still playing well! And super fun.
I find myself trying different things to do ie.
Shooting for the ship cannon
Starting a early multi ball like Dead mans chest.
Or
Going for a certain chapter
There is a lot going on in code alone! Not to mention pf toys.
Oh and did I mention I like leds!!

image (resized).jpg
#1398 11 months ago

Deff like the barrel tops. Gives dimension to those discs!
Another great mod yelobird

1F1B71FB-15BD-4AF1-9A67-5AAFCC630C77 (resized).jpeg65DCC73C-119E-4C2F-A43B-7A48A6048C09 (resized).jpeg
#1419 11 months ago

Looks like the glass is off to me!
JK
I have only had 3 stacked and going at one time and that’s madness! Especially when arrrg frenzy kicks in!!!

#1433 11 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

I'd like to request a JJP production-style video on how to (completely or partially) remove the POTC upper playfield properly.

LTG are you up to the task?
I would also like to see this, as Eric said he made it very user friendly but I think more people would be less overwhelmed by it, if LTG had a little video instruction.

#1481 11 months ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

LCD screen only shows partially

Check your connections make sure they are seated fully and tight. I had a loose connector on the lcd in the head and had to tighten it.

#1546 11 months ago

Agree with darkryder that shooter rod looks a ton better!
Sucks about the chipping on the pf! I will check mine for loose screws or a sign of over tightening. Crazy on the rings too but deff forgivable. Maybe titan rubbers there?

#1548 11 months ago

225 games played here.
Leaf switches at kickers look good and screws seem tight. No sign of over tightening. No chipping either.
I have not installed any Mylar as of yet.
I deff agree with a cliffy set once it is produced!
And the rail all the way to the shooter was genius. Will save that lane for a lifetime!
A cliffy between the rail and the ball trough vuk would be good imo.
Is it possible that one of the other JJP pins would work for that?

#1550 11 months ago

Cool little coin idea

#1556 11 months ago

My thoughts exactly!

#1566 11 months ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

plastic protectors

I can dig it!

#1570 11 months ago

I agree the smoke would deff look better!

#1571 11 months ago

I really can not get enough of this game!!!! One moment I'm scoring like a pirate the next I might as well be scrubbing the deck!

#1586 11 months ago

Nice Shooter! I deff like the addition of black on it! Was way too shiny! I myself would do it but alas I still like the original. Even on my older games.

Agree with the cliffy idea too. How hard can it really be? Send Cliffy a PF hook us up!!! We want to keep this Awesome pinball you made looking good oh and I paid 9500 bucks. Might be chump change for some but a few yrs of saving for this guy. I would prefer to keep it looking sweet!
Side note: I moved my PF post on the BP and by the spot character. Makes a longer game for the kids. They really don’t care about longevity or deep ness of the game yet. Or even trying to catch the ball.
But I am still hooked, I wake up thinking man,I got time to get a game in before work!

#1599 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

tortuga metal scoop was pretty loose

I also tightened mine yesterday. You would think that the skirt would not touch the screws but it does and lifts the skirt ever so slightly.

#1632 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

And in time, when you can help others, pass it on.

Quote: From the Legend!

#1633 11 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Welcome and congrats!

There is quite a lot available in the last month or so, of this thread that you can read through. There are also a couple of posts which summarize a short list of the things to look out for and suggestions to make to mitigate known issues. I have added a few of my own and included images where possible. Have a look a the gallery over the same period and you will see some interesting and helpful tips.

I'd say right away, move the Black Pearl to the right (via the menu) and get in there with some small cutters to cut out a few of the small zip ties. Be careful not to cut any wires! The harness (wiring) is way too tight in the there and you will likely (almost guaranteed) have broken wires in no time. Check out the discussions regarding mylar and protectors, if you are interested in keep the game minty fresh.

THIS!!!

#1634 11 months ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Just a heads up im testing out some plastic protectors for mezel mods

How is this going and will there be some that are smoke colored?

#1640 11 months ago

How about this instead! There is enough Depp already!!!!!!!!

#1645 11 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sparrow In The Barrel

You already had enough Captain I watched your video!
I like how you opened your box too! Unfortunately I will never get to try it, as this is and will be my only new in box! Per the wife's demands, she said I was allowed one and I am sure I made the right decision on waiting. Was about to get the stern star trek le when it came out but waited. Thankfully, this pin is Fantastic and will stay in my collection for as long as I can keep it!!!

#1662 11 months ago

Did you take it apart yet? I’m curious what it came with. There should be some titans on it from the factory...
This was from titan_pinball when I posted on their thread about purchasing titans for potc. Does anyone know which ones would be titan rings? I was thinking it was possibly all the clear rings.

#1663 11 months ago

Quoted from Titan thread
JJP only bought 3/8" OD (mini post), 1-1/2" ID and 2-1/2" ID clear silicone from Titan for the pirates build. The rest of the rubber on the game is someone else's and possibly a mix of more than 2 brands. I did hear that they used regular flipper rubber, most likely Happ-Suzo. I'm sure the 2-1/2" are the slings and the 3/8" OD are in the rocking ship and probably other areas... Not sure where the 1-1/2" goes.
FYI

#1666 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you decide to do the translucent smoked gray, let me know so I can order.

Me too!

#1671 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The stuff really doesn’t break down so don’t over do it

What are you using?

#1691 11 months ago

Game time

#1708 11 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Thanks for that. Will try that out today.

I am starting to have this same issue. Mostly during multi ball when two of them roll down there, only one comes out. Then I have to nudge the machine till it falls in and registers.
What was your fix? dnaman

#1754 11 months ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

temporary insanity must have hit,

You won't regret it!

#1755 11 months ago

Thought this was funny!

5D475A95-BFDC-4C65-BC0D-B576B0E042D4 (resized).png
#1848 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We tried a Shiny ball set

I just put super shiny balls in from Titan. Is this the same as you had in or different. Wondering how well they will work? Will also be ordering the silencer kit.

#2026 11 months ago
Quoted from roddog:

During multiball, balls tend to get stuck in the highway

Look back a few pages, there is a fix for this. The subway plastic is a touch to wide and the ball gets caught at the entrance to the depths vuk. He had a easy fix for it.

#2033 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Braid in the leg holes

This problem should be fixed as they are shipping with the bolts in them now.

Quoted from zaphX:

- Check the Black Pearl wiring

You should only have to cut the one just under the leaf switches for the X and Bonus switches.
This will provide enough slack so they don't break "hopefully". as some of the soldering is not so good.

#2038 11 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Has anyone done a detailed how to video or pictures on removing the upper playfield?

Not that I have seen. There is supposed to be one in the works!

#2045 11 months ago
Quoted from roddog:

During multiball, balls tend to get stuck in the highway

Here is the pics.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2050 11 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

People don't run to the forums to post about yet another trouble free

We played a bunch last night trouble free. Of course I installed the Titan flipper rings last night. Made a big difference!

#2052 11 months ago

I can sometimes be 12 yrs old and saying rubbers just makes me laugh

#2071 11 months ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I'm wondering if it's crooked or loose under the playfield

Maybe off a little bit, Looks a little closer to one side.

Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ok...wanted to get some honest feedback

That's cool! But to me, It's kinda like a Harley, All that matters is that you like it

Sweet!

#2226 11 months ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Bracket needs to be bent up.

I like the fact that this guy" hogbog chimes in every now and then! He sure does seem to know his stuff bout this pin!

Quoted from pickleric:

I don’t feel this game has the andrenaline rush of other pins at all

Have you gotten arrrg frenzie with all 5 multi ball stacked, it's insane!!!!!
And I still have not broke a mill yet

#2244 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As a side note I want to say how much I appreciate you posting responsive tech tips here!

He is top notch, buuuuuuuuut I am still wanting one of those coffee mugs!!!!

#2246 11 months ago
Quoted from wheels:

Considering getting one, but wondering how long, on average, folks are taking to get the machine properly working.

I think a lot of the earlier issues have been addressed at the factory. Eric was there a couple weeks ago to help start the production on the CE and clear up some of the issues we were seeing in the beginning.

#2248 11 months ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Christmas day!

Yaaaarrrrrrr, Merry Christmas Mattie's!

#2360 10 months ago

Been busy, but put my highest score on so far Christmas Eve night. My buddy and his wife played for first time and had a blast!!

0CE7E631-799B-4E62-957E-D64C736C31D1 (resized).jpeg
#2361 10 months ago

Scratch that! New highest score!

5503C6A3-904A-40A9-9844-A04E589CB5F6 (resized).jpeg
#2374 10 months ago

Well done zaphx!

#2386 10 months ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I need to look for to fix this issue.

Possible loose harness, have to look at schematic.

#2387 10 months ago

Check your J601 connection at cpu may have shaken loose.

#2436 10 months ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Can someone please help me with what I need to look for to fix this issue

Did you get fixed up?

#2485 10 months ago

My wife would definitely not approve! To much showing for the kiddos! Maybe a little less would definitely be doable!

1 week later
#2756 10 months ago

What kingpingames and yelobird said! Right on point!
Play a game with the glass off, it's a huge difference. Also yelobird has a sound reducing kit for your spinning map, mine is on it's way!!!!

#2772 10 months ago

Ok, issue. Getting point before putting ball in play during picking your player. I am thinking it is one of the chapter select switches possibly completing the circuit. Gives that certain sound it makes when bouncing around in there.

#2798 10 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i would encourage all the people not having issues to comment too, but they are probably too busy enjoying their game.

I agree!
I am also glad that pinside is here to help me and others. I have learned a lot in my short time of being in the hobby (7 yrs)! JJP tech support was there almost immediately when I needed them. Thanks LTG!
Oh and last night I adjusted the leaf switch on the R/side sling chapter select. Was giving away free points can't have that or the wife might beat me!

#2851 10 months ago

Plundering is Awesome! The wife loves taking my coins not only in pinball but in life as well

#2856 10 months ago

HMMMM, I see you don't live to far from me, hehehehehe!

#2858 10 months ago

I keep wanting to go to MGC and my friend vidgameseller keeps asking me to. Just have not found the time. Guess I need to!!!!

#2869 10 months ago

Wife decided full railing, Thanks Mod Couple!

836C1539-9C9D-497A-806C-6BF7750F9459 (resized).jpeg
#2881 10 months ago

Any suggestions on white lithium grease. I have some Lucas just not sure if it’s ok to use?

#2888 10 months ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

putting me off with their shouting and sloshing beer around

Should be Rum!!

1 week later
#3077 9 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I taped off the sub in the cab directly

What external sub are you guys going with and what do you mean by tapped? Are you just soldering in with another set of wires?

#3098 9 months ago
Quoted from wheels:

Alligator clips directly to the cabinet sub is working great for me.

But what type of subs are you guys using. I saw one on crutchfield for 140 with amp. Also it has a left and right input, how would this be hooked up?
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107PSW10B/Polk-Audio-PSW10-Black.html

#3100 9 months ago

Thanks!!!

#3178 9 months ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I'd think seriously about widening the door

Just knock the wall down!!!!

#3204 9 months ago

External sub hooked up!
Much happier, I still get some pop in the head speakers unsure as to why. But I am much happier with the sound. I was against having something under my pins other than my dog. But he does not mind!
Had to make some adjustments, R/chapter sling leaf switch stuck closed, Also had to stick my finger in the Dauntless since I had not made it in awhile. All good other then that. Will be installing the silencer kit from
yelobird have not had the time yet.

#3213 9 months ago

Don’t get frustrated you will get it!
Pick something and focus on that task.
I tell everyone that plays to focus on learning to catch and release. Control is key in this game.
I usually focus on getting multiballs ready so I can stack them.
My wife focuses on playing chapters.

#3214 9 months ago

I agree with villathrills
I moved the ship and spot character posts out and rubber on the right lane save. Makes it easier and I love getting the R/lane ball save. I have got it down and save it 90% of the time.
I also made the ball save 10 seconds. This one helps the kids and new learners as they often forget about the upper R/flipper.

#3217 9 months ago

As to anyone on the fence about this pin, don’t be!!!!
I passed on buying a Star Trek LE NIB when it first came out and glad I did.
And I am a big Steve Ritchie fan!!!
And yes I have Star Trek prem!!

#3224 9 months ago

Do not derail the thread, Do not derail the thread, over and over in my head! !

#3225 9 months ago

Do you have another angle pic of those scratches?

1 week later
#3434 9 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Both screens went out right then

Try tightening the cables in the head. Mine was loose on the monitor and that fixed it.

#3435 9 months ago

I have been on vacation so missed a lot of posts. Went through and caught up. We have a great group of guys helping each other out with their pins and getting them up and going. Love this group and I agree that this pin is going to be top of the charts for a long time.
I should be receiving my manual today. Yes the extra cost does suck, but it is online which to me is the most important thing since I am not about to carry manuals every where I go.

#3447 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

666666 multi ball

I was so close last night. I was 3 gold away from Tortuga and drained!!!

#3450 9 months ago

Here is what I have done,
From Mod couple,
Dauntless railing
Canon cover
Pop bumper cover East India trading c one
Silencer kit for spinning disc
Numbered ship for coin door
@mustangpaul
Lighted leg protectors
@zitt
Lighted shooter housing
Mezel mods
Led kit for flipper area
I also added a external sub which is freaking AWESOME!!!!
I went this for powering all of my mods
https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html

#3467 9 months ago

pinzzz
I used quick connectors
Ran the wire through the loops and out the small grill in the rear of cabinet. Easy pesy!
This way if I want to sell pin I can keep wire and no soldering involved.
You can solder if you like though.

E40703E3-FCDD-4029-9B46-8308975AF9F8 (resized).jpeg
#3484 9 months ago

I am actually going to turn that off in the menu. I like that it is a choice to do it!! It is already on the pin and since I added the mod couples coin door mod, it really does not need to appear in 3 places. Plus I can get to the wanted pics faster
nighttrain did you figure out the issue with your screens going out?

#3494 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah I suck at pinball.

But you make great mods!

#3609 9 months ago

It’s definitely in the top 3 of all time!!!

#3630 9 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

how to decline the opportunity to play

I believe it's the beginning of liars dice and options to walk away.

#3632 9 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

How would you guys rate the reliability of this game and out of box issues

I would say that they are small issues. The biggest one would be having to remove the BP and fix something under it or in the chapter start area. They have fixed the issue with the wires breaking under the BP for bonus x switches. With the experiance you have from previous JJP pins you should be fine. Don't pass this pin up, I think it's the best to date from JJP!!!

Quoted from arcadem:

Does the screen simply time out when no action is taken?

It will simply put the ball back in play after waiting for a length of time.
See post just above your last.

#3685 9 months ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

received my printed manual

Yep, got mine a few days ago. I thought they were supposed to be signed or something. Oh well, guess I will have to take it to Chi Expo this year and get that taken care of!! I will be seeing you JJP crew!!!

#3729 9 months ago

Had mine since mid October and it’s never leaving! Hooked a external sub up and this pin rocks!!! It seems the more people play it and learn it, the more they want to play.

Quoted from thc666:

its also my very first nib

Mine too!!!

Quoted from javagrind888:

Is it possible for coils to get weaker with use

I don’t believe that your coil is weakening during play. Mine has been getting worse as well and I am going to have to get in there and figure it out.

#3731 9 months ago

Souls?????

#3770 9 months ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So black Pearl's wires breaking fixed now

Yes, It was addressed last time Eric was up at the factory. Along with some other issues.

#3801 9 months ago

Follow your wires back from motor. I do believe they are the yel/blu wire. And you should end up at J109 header at I/O
board.

image (resized).jpg
#3885 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I replaced them all with new ones from Titan Pinball.

Yep, I do this with all my pins now. Love Titan great product!

#3891 9 months ago

I have not heard anything about the final wizard mode yet or even seen it talked about here lately.

I love mod couples mods, But I am not to much of a fan of the Kraken mod as I feel it takes some of the view away from the Dauntless. I agree that the mech being partially hidden is better.
Would be cool if it was a little smaller and lite up when that multi ball was ready. Just me thinking is all.
Don't worry yelobird still love your mods!!!!!

#3893 9 months ago

Practice, Practice,Practice!!!