(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 377.
#9851 4 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Since I can never read the stars, the option to have it look better might be the best way to go.

That was where I was. At least it's not a blobby mess.

#9852 4 years ago

I think it looks great! I would be interested in one if you decide to make them.

#9853 4 years ago

I’m thinking about doing a fiber optic mod on my standard, perhaps with harryhoudini’s Larger star map plastic. Twinkle effect is at around 55sec to 1 min 5 sec. Open to ideas from you guys...

#9854 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The splitter consists of a single 3.5mm (male) jack attached to two 3.5 mm (female) sockets. The splitter jack plugs into the CPU's headphone socket. The two splitter sockets receive (1) the 3.5 mm jack from the cabinet headphone socket cable and (2) a 3.5 mm jack on the end of a subwoofer cable w/ RCA connector(s) on other end.
Piece of cake.

Ordered the splitter and installed it today. Works perfect, fantastic sound from the external sub, especially with the heart beat and the cannon shots.

Thanks a lot for your patience and help. Very happy now!

#9855 4 years ago

You're welcome. Glad to hear your game's bass is cookin' now - enjoy!

#9856 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A slab of dark plastic with laser-burned pinholes that goes behind the screened plastic to reduce the light bleed around the lights behind the star map around each light. Takes them from looking like blobs to looking more like stars.
FACTORY LOOK:
[quoted image]
WITH FILTER:
[quoted image]
WITH WIDER-HOLED FILTER:
[quoted image]

I’m interested in the wider-holed version. Price ideas?

#9857 4 years ago

Joined the club today.

And here I thought that I only had room for 5 pins. Who needs a dining room anyway... my little guy uses the table to build Lego.

IMG_20190601_160822 (resized).jpgIMG_20190601_160822 (resized).jpg
#9858 4 years ago

Cliffy’s on the way. I always recommend cliffy for your pin. Great person to deal with!!

#9859 4 years ago

My cliffys arrived today. Now to find time to install.

#9860 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I made a bunch of different sizes to experiment for the machine here, but no one seemed too excited about it, so I'm just using it on the one here (as I much prefer the look). If enough people expressed interest, I'd make a batch of them.

I'm interested in the middle-sized version. The smaller stars looked great but I'd worry about seeing intended patterns. I'm hoping future code makes the starfield more interesting.

#9861 4 years ago

So I still can't see these patterns in the star map. Can someone who uses this thing frequently take a pic when it's a pattern or elaborate further? I still have trouble... Prob the only thing I don't follow with this game.

Also what lane rewards strategies do people use? For mb I always select add a ball which is available only during mb

#9862 4 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

I was finally able to locate a Davy Jones figurine for my CE. Thanks David yelobird for the detailed modification instructions! I absolutely love the looks of this, especially on the CE version.[quoted image]

Damn. I just wish you can buy this already done.....

#9863 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Easily solved
amazon.com link »

Hahaha, I was hoping that's what I'd see when I hit the link!

Quoted from steigerpijp:

He looked a little too pale and unshaven out of the box also..
Few sunny looting trips solved it !
[quoted image]

That's phenomenal work!

Quoted from mountaingamer:

Tell me you guys wouldn’t rather see her spinning around...[quoted image]

Eh, drab eye candy, that doesn't even seem so sweet. Plus a boring character arc. Though the only character that had one was Barnacle Bill, and then repeated by his son.

I like the soulless nature of Tortuga Tom. He represents the lack of assets in this game, and is damn proud of it, so much so he seemingly filled his entire face in with fleshy puddy!

Quoted from kcZ:

Joined the club today.
And here I thought that I only had room for 5 pins. Who needs a dining room anyway... my little guy uses the table to build Lego.[quoted image]

Nice...!! How did you end up finally finding one?

#9864 4 years ago

POTC LE # 2000 finally arrived.

0134C8E3-DE7D-4794-8EBC-A14D1E422AEF (resized).jpeg0134C8E3-DE7D-4794-8EBC-A14D1E422AEF (resized).jpeg
#9865 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dangerous because it doesn't taste like alcohol and you can drink one after another after another after after another until you try to stand up to go to the bathroom and can barely walk. My wife fills in bits of that night because I don't remember it after a certain point. It started at a Harry Blackstone Jr private magic performance...

Ahh the Long Island Ice teas you meant, they are essentially all alcohol! I could swear you were referring to Stella's, but now that makes much more sense. If you throw them back -which I agree is easy given the taste, you'll definitely feel it lol, no argument there! I used to drink them as young dude. That's ironic, I remember meeting Harry as a kid in the 80's. My dad knew him and he had some sort of small warehouse of his stage props and stuff near where we used to live in Westchester county and we went and visited him one day.

#9866 4 years ago

Did David thiel do the music for pirates?

#9867 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

POTC LE # 2000 finally arrived.[quoted image]

Quoted from Coz:

Very nice congrats buddy enjoy the awsome pin

#9868 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Did David thiel do the music for pirates?

Yes

#9869 4 years ago

He doesn't work for jjp anymore, so no more Thiel magic

#9870 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Doesn't matter at least he did it for pirates

#9871 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Deeproot has his time tied up for 2 or 3 years. So he may do more work for JJP again one day.

LTG : )

#9872 4 years ago

Glad we at least had him for a while yahoo !

#9873 4 years ago

AnySE owners loving their game minus some of the necessary and unnecessary bling

#9874 4 years ago

I finally got to put a bunch of games in on a Pirates, man what a game. I love it. That being said thinking of ordering a standard but had a question. I could have sworn I saw a post that someone was making a star map / starfield mod for the standards, is this true? Or does a mod exist for the standard? Thanks

#9875 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I finally got to put a bunch of games in on a Pirates, man what a game. I love it. That being said thinking of ordering a standard but had a question. I could have sworn I saw a post that someone was making a star map / starfield mod for the standards, is this true? Or does a mod exist for the standard? Thanks

There no way to add a starfield to an SE. The mods I saw were to add a video screen to that area.

#9876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There no way to add a starfield to an SE. The mods I saw were to add a video screen to that area.

The stars don't do anything or am I incorrect

#9877 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

The stars don't do anything or am I incorrect

You are incorrect.

#9878 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Late to the party, but welcome and congrats!

You're gonna love Pirates!

#9879 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are incorrect.

That should exciting to see don't have my game and have never played it

#9880 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Late to the party, but welcome and congrats!
You're gonna love Pirates!

Finally listened to that part of Kaneda inferring he'd buy Pirates. I was two or three minutes off, and had gone into work. Hopefully he does, and discovers what we all have!

#9881 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

That should exciting to see don't have my game and have never played it

If you’re getting an SE, the lights aren’t there at all. Most people can’t seem to figure out what they mean, so it appears more decorative at this point, unless some code updates help with that. It shouldn’t be too hard to add some sort of decorative lighting to that area. I was hoping for some ideas on fiber optic, but will just experiment when I get mine.

#9882 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Finally listened to that part of Kaneda inferring he'd buy Pirates. I was two or three minutes off, and had gone into work. Hopefully he does, and discovers what we all have!

Yeah - he only implied, but I'm betting he has seen the light and purchased a Pirates. What other game available has such a "world under glass" that he is always advocating for?

I'm confident that by playing one in his home and experiencing it as it should be, he'll finally understand what we've all been raving about.

#9883 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I'm working on a mod that would extend the "galaxy sky" for the entire width of the backboard and for those who don't have a starmap (SE) I was looking at adding "star" lights of some sort. Since I don't have a SE I'm not that committed to it and it seems like interest is very small, but shouldn't really be that hard to accomplish once I have the plastics done.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-be-interested-in-replacement-star-map-plastic-for-jjpotc

#9884 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I still can't see these patterns in the star map. Can someone who uses this thing frequently take a pic when it's a pattern or elaborate further? I still have trouble... Prob the only thing I don't follow with this game.
Also what lane rewards strategies do people use? For mb I always select add a ball which is available only during mb

Most of the times it is showing a number of x’s to represent the bonus x posts. It also shows the pirate letters a lot. There is a symbol for the ship, chest and maelstrom. These are pretty easy to work out. Once you realise most of the time it is showing letters or x’s it’s not that hard.

#9885 4 years ago

Tempted to move the post in the “I” lane..... anybody moved it?

#9886 4 years ago

Yeah so kaneda is definitely getting this game. Heard the podcast and you guys are right - hilarious.

He knows what's up and guess what..... He'll be gushing about it shortly. Impossible for someone who likes Pinball not to enjoy this game.

#9887 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah so kaneda is definitely getting this game. Heard the podcast and you guys are right - hilarious.
He knows what's up and guess what..... He'll be gushing about it shortly. Impossible for someone who likes Pinball not to enjoy this game.

Funny how everyone wants this guys approval. I actually watched all of SDTM reveal and review of this game. Was entranced and it was a huge factor in me getting this game. I believed from their videos that this was the best pinball had to offer. Then a few episodes later they brush Pirates aside as being too complicated with its code. This was a few weeks after they praised how great it was. So go figure. Reviewers opinions change so quickly. They must be writing it down on water.

#9888 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Funny how everyone wants this guys approval. I actually watched all of SDTM reveal and review of this game. Was entranced and it was a huge factor in me getting this game. I believed from their videos that this was the best pinball had to offer. Then a few episodes later they brush Pirates aside as being too complicated with its code. This was a few weeks after they praised how great it was. So go figure. Reviewers opinions change so quickly. They must be writing it down on water.

I have based my collection on doing the exact opposite of what SDTM recommends.

#9889 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Not looking for his approval just pointing it he's getting one.

#9890 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Most of the times it is showing a number of x’s to represent the star posts. It also shows the pirate letters a lot. There is a symbol for the ship, chest and maelstrom. These are pretty easy to work out. Once you realise most of the time it is showing letters or x’s it’s not that hard.

What do the number of X's tell me though? Does the pirate letter tie to lane roll over and if so why? Jjp should release a faq on the starmap haha

#9891 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Pirates blows BM66 away I have a BM66 and I love it but really no comparison..

BM66 SLE is the biggest waste of cash. The Premium is the same game for half the price.

#9892 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pirates blows BM66 away I have a BM66 and I love it but really no comparison..
BM66 SLE is the biggest waste of cash. The Premium is the same game for half the price.

100% agree! Have both in my collection and potc is on another level.

#9893 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

K is a marketing/trend guy. Part of him may be interested for the games sake, but likely just wants it to be in the middle of this, the rarest top 5-7 ranked game phenomenon. This is a guy who built a shrine to the unplayable Magic Girl. He's always hopping from trend to trend. That's his career.

#9894 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What do the number of X's tell me though? Does the pirate letter tie to lane roll over and if so why? Jjp should release a faq on the starmap haha

Sorry I rushed my explanation. The x’s represent the bonus x posts in front of the ramps. So if you see one x down the bottom right and another x, then that’s telling you to shoot the 2x switch to the left of the bp ramp. The pirate letters match the pirate lanes as you guessed. I will let you work out the others. But I find 70% of the time it is the x bonus targets and the pirate lanes. I actually find the constellation map pretty cool. Not a deal breaker for SE owners though.

#9895 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry I rushed my explanation. The x’s represent the bonus x posts in front of the ramps. So if you see one x down the bottom right and another x, then that’s telling you to shoot the 2x switch to the left of the bp ramp. The pirate letters match the pirate lanes as you guessed. I will let you work out the others. But I find 70% of the time it is the x bonus targets and the pirate lanes. I actually find the constellation map pretty cool. Not a deal breaker for SE owners though.

Congrats you get it! I actually believe the JJP crew did an entire video on this feature as they coded it for those interested to see how it worked.

#9896 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats you get it! I actually believe the JJP crew did an entire video on this feature as they coded it for those interested to see how it worked.

Did you link this already? Sorry but don't recall seeing it.

#9897 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Tempted to move the post in the “I” lane..... anybody moved it?

I moved it.Its a real drain monster.Its ruined some good games.

#9898 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We have never backed off our praise of POTC, not sure where you heard us brush it off weeks later. You must be thinking of someone else. I continue to own the game and thinks its one of the best out there. Got to a mini-wizard two nights ago and felt like I climbed Everest. haha

Quoted from rs812:

I have based my collection on doing the exact opposite of what SDTM recommends.

To each their own, but you do own a Star Wars Prem/LE which I continue to praise for being one of stern's best ever made, as well as a few others in your collection that we love.

#9899 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

I moved it.Its a real drain monster.Its ruined some good games.

Yeah just move it, and even then its amazing how easilly balls drain there

#9900 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That’s really cool that you have figured it out! I thought it looked like reading tea leaves when I played one. It’s really fun to have additional things to figure out in a game. Oh well, I’ll just enjoy my SE, and maybe they will do another run in a year, if they haven’t finished the entire LE run.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/198 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.