(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 377.
#9801 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Yes, but what is the easiest way to re-mount the board by removing the screw?

Heck if I know, all depends on how you want it to look.

Quoted from Psw757:

Don’t think I’ve ever noticed the light any color other than when it is red indicating to load the chest.

Maybe it doesn't light up any other color (might only have two wires if I recall) but it's listed in the manual as RGB GI board.

#9802 4 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

I was finally able to locate a Davy Jones figurine for my CE. Thanks David yelobird for the detailed modification instructions! I absolutely love the looks of this, especially on the CE version.[quoted image]

Can you provide info on the figure? Looks really nice!

#9803 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you share a picture of the protector before and after installing and share your thoughts about playing on it? I assume that it is the new .5mm protector from PP but let me know if it is another brand.

Finally my PF-protector is in. And immediately I noticed that the Newton Ring -phenomenon started to emerge. Before installing, I tried to wipe the PF and the protector with some cloth that comes with glasses in the hopes that it would have been antistatic - no joy there

PF-protector_POTC (resized).JPGPF-protector_POTC (resized).JPG
#9804 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Missing the star map, too.

Yes, star field, star map, constellation map, whatever it is called!...

#9805 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Finally my PF-protector is in. And immediately I noticed that the Newton Ring -phenomenon started to emerge. Before installing, I tried to wipe the PF and the protector with some cloth that comes with glasses in the hopes that it would have been antistatic - no joy there [quoted image]

Nice! I've been following a protector thread elsewhere and the consensus is the newton rings could go away over time and are worse on newer playfields. Hopefully you experience that as well.

#9806 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Missing the star map, too.

i think the 'starfield' is in reference to the starmap.

which - honestly - is probably one of the most minimal losses in regards to the other things the LE upgrade has.

#9807 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i think the 'starfield' is in reference to the starmap.
which - honestly - is probably one of the most minimal losses in regards to the other things the LE upgrade has.

I'm not disagreeing. I put the filter block on to cut the stars down from blobs to more like points of lights and it looks much better, but it's really kind of a zero for PF toy.

#9808 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not disagreeing. I put the filter block on to cut the stars down from blobs to more like points of lights and it looks much better, but it's really kind of a zero for PF toy.

Filter block?

#9809 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's all good. This thread is feeling like purchase justification for LE and SE buyers. The CE guys are so loaded they don't give a rip! I'm just happy to be getting one next week to play with.

#9810 4 years ago

I'm very interested in getting one of these and just wanted the consensus regarding what's the best version to track down... I imagine the LE or the CE are the most likely contenders,but is there much of any significance extra in the CE, or is it just eye candy?

#9811 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm very interested in getting one of these and just wanted the consensus regarding what's the best version to track down... I imagine the LE or the CE are the most likely contenders,but is there much of any significance extra in the CE, or is it just eye candy?

Not sure about your part of the world, but in the US at least the only edition available is the SE. If you can, get the LE and if you want to spend get the CE.

#9812 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Not sure about your part of the world, but in the US at least the only edition available is the SE. If you can, get the LE and if you want to spend get the CE.

Unfortunately it looks like the LE and CE is a no go...they are completely sold out and not on the assembly line at this point. He’s making Wonka’s now

#9813 4 years ago

New favorite shot. Hit a nice good fast inner loop shot let it hit into the 3rd flipper. If the speed is right it will hit the top gold target and plinko over to the extra ball. If you manage to not trigger a pop bumper (speed has to be right) and it gets to target bam extra ball.

#9814 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It's all good. This thread is feeling like purchase justification for LE and SE buyers. The CE guys are so loaded they don't give a rip! I'm just happy to be getting one next week to play with.

Quoted from pinballslave:

Not loaded but hear and understand whats being said. People are right if they say it doesn't make sense to them to pay extra for features they don't really care about. To some people those features add a lot to the experience. I'm a huge fan of every added feature and mod I've done. The game play is way awesome, so it was a no-brainer to me to work harder to try to get every feature I can. I appreciate it that much more cause I didn't just have loose loot laying around being used as coasters. Funny revelation I had today; each pin I own cost me more than any car I bought. *Chris/Nick - that wasnt my truck I picked either pin up in.

I was on the fence on which version to get. I hadn't actually touched a POTC, but was pretty sure I would buy one because of the concepts and game play. After I played it motivated to get the most added features I could. I'm looking at the matrix right now and decided against talking about how in my opinion every added feature is important to me. I'll just say do what you can within your own means. I think it doesn't matter what version you get if overall it make you totally stoked.You got a standard: YOU GOT A DOPE MACHINE (but mod out every screw on that thing). You got a CE: YOU GOT A DOPE MACHINE (you might be eating cheese sandwiches for a minute, but then mod that thing up)!

#9815 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Can you provide info on the figure? Looks really nice!

Neca Pirates of the Caribbean (Series 1). These can be found on EBay or a few other sites. There are instructions somewhere on Pinside. Let me know if you have trouble finding them...

#9816 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

New favorite shot. Hit a nice good fast inner loop shot let it hit into the 3rd flipper. If the speed is right it will hit the top gold target and plinko over to the extra ball. If you manage to not trigger a pop bumper (speed has to be right) and it gets to target bam extra ball.

What?! 3rd flipper... top gold... plinko... extra ba... you gotta post a vid of that!

#9817 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally scored a Jack Sparrow figure for $29 shipped!
Can’t wait to give Tom the boot.
Am I going to need to drill the factory bumper cap or are there existing holes to use where Tom was mounted?

Why so much hate for Tom?

#9818 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I use skulls for the flashers.
They shine perfectly.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818[quoted image]

Had not seen those. Pretty cool!

#9819 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've decided pirates is the game I'd rather get over any stern right now. I haven't ordered one yet, still feeling like I missed out on getting an LE. They took out so much with the SE it almost seems like it should be a little less expensive than it is.

You should update your thread and give your conclusion.

#9820 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Right? I love Tom.

#9821 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Right? I love Tom.

Me too. Another vote for Tortuga Tom!

Arrrrr!

#9822 4 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

Neca Pirates of the Caribbean (Series 1). These can be found on EBay or a few other sites. There are instructions somewhere on Pinside. Let me know if you have trouble finding them...

Any Neca series will work. The later series seem to look a little better and have more characters to choose from. They are all 7” figures.

#9823 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Once it was pointed out he has no eyes, I couldn't unsee it.

#9824 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Easily solved
https://www.amazon.com/DECORA-Pieces-Wiggle-Googly-Self-adhesive/dp/B01LWIYJH3/ref=sr_1_4

#9825 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Quoted from zaphX:

Right? I love Tom.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Me too. Another vote for Tortuga Tom!
Arrrrr!

Tell me you guys wouldn’t rather see her spinning around...

7D269946-3A49-412D-B31D-A2DF2EF13959 (resized).jpeg7D269946-3A49-412D-B31D-A2DF2EF13959 (resized).jpeg
#9826 4 years ago

I’ve been waiting on my pirates LE for 3 months-one of the last off the assembly line. My distributor is supposedly going to deliver tomorrow. It’s almost time!

#9827 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Tell me you guys wouldn’t rather see her spinning around...[quoted image]

On a pole maybe....

#9828 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On a pole maybe....

Make her for me please!

#9829 4 years ago

Tell me you guys wouldn’t rather see her spinning around...[quoted image]

Meh

Tortuga Tom is the biggest badass pop bumper pirate to sail the pinball seas!

#9830 4 years ago

Is JJP going to produce any LE and SE machines in the future?

#9831 4 years ago

Tell me you guys wouldn’t rather see her spinning around...

Angelica.

LTG : )

#9832 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Is JJP going to produce any LE and SE machines in the future?

Jack says they could as they have the license for a while, but no one knows if they will but JJP

#9834 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On a pole maybe....

I’ll take a mod couple Angelica.

#9835 4 years ago

Does anyone have a pdf of the rules flowchart?

#9836 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Does anyone have a pdf of the rules flowchart?

Yet another fishing lesson. Top of page, search this forum, rules chart. Answer.

#9837 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yet another fishing lesson. Top of page, search this forum, rules chart. Answer.

And a key post for it now too.

#9838 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This a desktop thing? cause I dont see to just search this thread, I can search all threads.

#9839 4 years ago

Find in topic

Screenshot_2019-06-01-00-10-03 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-06-01-00-10-03 (resized).png
#9840 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

He looked a little too pale and unshaven out of the box also..

Few sunny looting trips solved it !
DAA7D7B0-3F56-415C-81F5-01E599633EC8.jpegDAA7D7B0-3F56-415C-81F5-01E599633EC8.jpeg

#9841 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Find in topic[quoted image]

Tyvm now I know

#9842 4 years ago

A slab of dark plastic with laser-burned pinholes that goes behind the screened plastic to reduce the light bleed around the lights behind the star map around each light. Takes them from looking like blobs to looking more like stars.

FACTORY LOOK:
factory-look.giffactory-look.gif

WITH FILTER:
revised-star-holes.gifrevised-star-holes.gif

WITH WIDER-HOLED FILTER:
3-64 star holes.gif3-64 star holes.gif

#9843 4 years ago

Well that’s one of those mods that prolly makes it harder to read the star map. But dam that twinkle looks sexy

#9844 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A slab of dark plastic with laser-burned pinholes that goes behind the screened plastic to reduce the light bleed around the lights behind the star map around each light. Takes them from looking like blobs to looking more like stars.
FACTORY LOOK:
[quoted image]
WITH FILTER:
[quoted image]
WITH WIDER-HOLED FILTER:
[quoted image]

Is someone selling these filters or did you make them?

#9845 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FACTORY LOOK:
[quoted image]
WITH FILTER:
[quoted image]
WITH WIDER-HOLED FILTER:
[quoted image]

Some black screws instead of Stainless would help the look a lot too

#9846 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Well that’s one of those mods that prolly makes it harder to read the star map. But dam that twinkle looks sexy

Since I can never read the stars, the option to have it look better might be the best way to go.

#9847 4 years ago

Those gifs also show that the LED in the chest does change color (RGB) and doesn't just beat with the red when the lock is ready (from previous discussions here). I've seen it be green during game play. Just wish it was brighter or had a better effect in the chest, especially for the red when ready for a lock.

#9848 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FACTORY LOOK:
[quoted image]
WITH FILTER:
[quoted image]
WITH WIDER-HOLED FILTER:
[quoted image]

The filters look great. I think holes that are still a little wider would look good. Are you going to sell these filters?

#9849 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just wish it was brighter

If your not happy with it, I can come take it off your hands for you!

#9850 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Is someone selling these filters or did you make them?

I made a bunch of different sizes to experiment for the machine here, but no one seemed too excited about it, so I'm just using it on the one here (as I much prefer the look). If enough people expressed interest, I'd make a batch of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/197 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.